The 2016 MOTUC fan poll playoffs are here! This is Round 1, Week 6 which consists of four polls. Please be sure to vote in all four polls!
Here is the playoff poll chart to show how the playoff schedule will run.
Here are the visual character guides for each poll:
Visuals for poll 21
Visuals for poll 22
Visuals for poll 23
Visuals for poll 24
Users must be registered to vote. If you do not have a He-Man.Org account, registering for one is easy. Please click on this link to register. Any of the three following e-mail options can be used for registration:
1. Free registration with full regular-user forum access using your ISP (Comcast, Time Warner, etc), work, school, military or government e-mail address.
2. Registration with full regular-user forum access using any e-mail address of your choosing with a donation of 10.00 to He-Man.org. Please click here for more details.
3. Free registration with limited regular-user forum access using a Gmail, free AOL or Yahoo e-mail address.
The polls are sorting polls. Each person will click, drag, and rank the characters in order from most favorite at the top down to least favorite at the bottom. All polls load the character list in random order each time for each person to minimize any effects of any incomplete sorting... although we hope each person will sort the entire list in each poll!
Scott has let us know that Mattel will be watching the results of this unofficial fan poll playoff!
A complete list of characters in these playoffs is located in this thread.
Known characters that were not included:
• 1987 movie characters. Aside from vintage toy versions of Saurod, Blade and Gwildor, Mattel currently does not have the rights to these characters and we've been asked to leave them off this poll.
• Vintage MOTU figure variants. Scott Neitlich has confirmed they plan to do all the vintage MOTU figure variants if we get through 2015.
• Unseen Create-A-Character entries. While Mattel has rights to any character submitted to their CAC contest, the only CAC characters in this poll are runner-ups since they are the only ones seen by the public. Please don't suggest or post unseen CAC entries.
Reference list of abbreviations and terms:
CAC = Create-A-Character, referring to the 80s contest or the recent 2012 contest
Concept = development art for unreleased or reworked characters
200x = 2002 He-man relaunch of toys and cartoon
Filmation = the vintage He-Man and/or She-Ra cartoons
Golden Books = vintage 80s book series
Jetlag = New Adventures of He-Man cartoon series
Ladybird Books = vintage 80s book series
MOTU = Masters of the Universe (usually related to vintage 80s)
MOTUC = Masters of the Universe Classics
MVCreations = 2002 relaunch related comic books
NA = New Adventures of He-Man, usually the toys or printed media
NEW 52 DC = the current run of MOTU comics at DC Comics
Newspaper Strip = vintage 80s He-Man comic strip that ran in various US newspapers
POG = Powers of Grayskull (unreleased Preternia/dinosaur He-Man brand from the late 80s)
POP = She-Ra: Princess of Power
SOH = Son of He-Man
There are also a number of additional media outlets that were a source for unique characters, including comics and books released in Brazil, Germany, the UK (United Kingdom) as well as a couple other book publishers in the United States.
This second week ends Sunday, April 20th at 11:00pm EDT (GMT -4).
Please spread the word. And, most importantly, have fun! And see what other fans have to say on the Org forums.