Death Metal / Black Metal Fans?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Metalogan
    Metalogan
    I wanted to see if there are any of you out there. Reason I ask, is that I might be doing some kickstarter stuff for my band in the near future and every single supporter/ fan we get counts.
  2. JoeyCruel
    JoeyCruel
    I ain't a fan of Black Metal bands but I like Mayhem and Darkthrone and I ain't even a Death Metal maniac but I am a fan of these bands: Death, Possessed, Obituary, Morbid Angel, Master, Malevolent Creation, Bolt Thrower, Napalm Death and Carcass.
    I like also the first two albums from Entombed but that's all...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6NTFtItxxs
  3. Crusader
    Crusader
    I listen predominantly Black (and Pagan) Metal.
  4. Metalogan
    Metalogan
    That's good to hear that i'm not the only one. I'm off and on with Death Metal and Black metal, pls I too can be very picky. But the reason I ask about this , is because with the way things are going I am leaning towards more independent sales of my music projects rather than labels , stores, etc.

So I'm wondering what the metal scene is looking like where you all are at?

I am going to be releasing a couple of albums with several bands tha I am in pretty soon, and I seek people around the websites that I actually like that might be willing to spread the word or are possibly interested in purchasing. I am sick of metal sites, blogs and forums. Sites like this, and other ones that relate to action figures, and other "dorky" endeavors are generally frowned-up in the metal community as if its some sort of "taboo" to be nerdy about these things. Even a few bandmates in the past have been judgemental of my nerd hobbies. But I am seeing that there are people that can enjoy both nerdy things like He-man and good Metal.

So cheers to you guys!
  5. HammerFall
    HammerFall
    I'm more into Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet. Lots of people in metal bands collect action figures I know for a fact Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth does. Good luck with your projects.
  6. HammerFall
    HammerFall
    I'm more into Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet. Lots of people in metal bands collect action figures I know for a fact Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth does. Good luck with your projects.
  7. Scott
    Scott
    I'd say I'm about 30% thrash, 30% death metal, 10% black metal, and the rest a mix of various other metallic things. My fave death metal bands are Gorguts, Death, Cynic, Pestilence, Vital Remains, Arkaik, The Faceless, Spawn of Possession, Obscura, Hour of Penance, Loudblast, Edge of Sanity, and multitudes of early Swedish death metal. I mostly prefer the more technical and complex end of music. I like black metal such as Emperor, Borknagar, Vesania, Immortal, Satyricon, Setherial, Dark Funeral, etc. I collected toys when I played in bands and one or two other guys I played with did too to some degree. There are a lot of nerds, geeks, and very cerebral dudes in metal, trust me.
  8. skeletom
    skeletom
    Wow! Didn't expect to see a topic like this at the .Org!

Emperor is probably my all time fav(In The Nightside Eclipse era). I am a huge fan of Abigor as well(The stuff with Silenius on vocals). I like a lot of mid-ninties black metal. I haven't been fond of much after 2000.

Where death metal is concerned, I don't like too many bands these days. I am totally still hooked on Bolt Thrower, though! Death was a great band and so was Carcass, imo.
  9. Metalogan
    Metalogan
    Bolt Thrower was always epic.... So here's a question for everyone .. Is anyone still buying CDs? or is it all digital now?
  10. HammerFall
    HammerFall
    I still buy CDs but mostly I just listen to stuff on the Pandora app on my I pad.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast