Top 5 MOTU Characters
It's late. I'm bored. So don't mind me. And I'm sorry if this has been posted a thousand times before. I'm still new here. If you can provide a link for a past thread like this I'd love to see it.
My top 5 and why (in reverse order):
6) Roboto - mainly because of the figure itself. Those gears inside his chest mesmerized me. That and I just recall him being a well made figure. I seem to remember that I never had any trouble standing him up.
5) Two Bad - Also made the list largely due to the figure itself. Not so much for his portrayal on tv. And he was just so damn colorful. And who didn't make him (them) punch himself (each other) in the face and think it was funny as hell?
4) Stratos - Always thought Stratos was cool. Believe I had the figure before I saw him on tv and when I finally saw him on tv it only confirmed that he was indeed cool.
3) Mer-Man - Not really sure what it was about Mer-Man that captivated me. Maybe because I love the water so much?
2) Faker - where do I start? All I know is I saw this figure at a store many, many miles away from my house when I was a kid (we use to have to travel 40-some miles to somewhere just outside of Washington, D.C. to do any decent Christmas shopping. I still live in the same county however everything we need is now within a 10 mile radius). Anyhow, I saw Faker and I was like, oh my God, its Faker. I recall thinking that I should inform my mom that this MOTU figure that we never see down our way is here and we need to get him but I thought, Santa already knows this. Well, believe it or not, to this day, that is the LAST time I have ever seen Faker in the flesh. I kid you not. Anyway, the fact that he was so elusive and that the only time I saw him on tv - he wasn't blue - he looked just like He-Man (with the exception of his eyes) puts him right up there near the top of my list.
1) Zodac (Zodak) - Number one just because of the mystery that seemed to surround him when I was younger and the contradictory portrayals of him in regards to the back of the packages and his role on tv. Had me scratching my head but that was what made him special and why he's my #1. That and he looks pretty darn cool too.
I know that's six but I just couldn't narrow it down to five.
This list is subject to change without notice!
So what's your top 5? Or 6? Or whatever?
Excluding He-Man and Skeletor? Taking into account cartoons, toys, and comics... my top 5:
4. Scare Glow
2. Tung Lashor
1. Battle Cat
My top 5, based on my experiences as a kid.
5. Tri-clops great figure
4. Beast-man mainly because of the cartoon
3. Faker great figure
2. Trap jaw love thig and a great cartoon character
1. Mer-man love the fig and the cartoon
Strados? It think you mean Stratos
This is a tough one for me. Should of made it top 10.
As for me I'll go with the ones I played with most as a kid. However since I'm older I have more favorites.
As a child top five.
Now that I'm older, i've grown to appreciate
in reverse order
4. Kobra Kahn
I'd have to say
5) Trap Jaw
Man At Arms
I'm an old 8-Back kinda guy. :hmgrin: :skgrin: :begrin: :tegrin:
^I am with Nate on this one!^
My favourites are mosly based on the figures and the comics
(My top 5 always changes except Teela:hmlol:)
my favourit figures:
omg all evil :hmsad:
It amuses me that most of the figures on everyone's lsit are the basic twist and punch figure. mattel should've stuck with it instead of all the gimmicks.
5. Ram Man
3. Man at Arms
5. Scare Glow
4. Rio Blast
anti-progress eh? :hmlol:
Originally Posted by Lord Eternos
Although I didn't have him on my list, I'm surprised at the lack of Mossmans. I'm also surprised that people had Teela on their lists. She would probably be my least favorite character... hmmm, I smell a new thread. Let's let this one ride out a bit longer though.
I guess mine would be..
I had the figures first, and fell in love with those guys.
I would have to go with:
When I was younger, I used to pretty much just play with these five figures. He-man and fisto would have to go on some quest (riding Battle Cat and Stridor of course), and along the way, they would battle Skeletor and Faker. Ninjor I always thought was a really cool ninja.
NO WAY!! the gimmicks rule! i like the way almost every later figure has a special trick to them.
Originally Posted by Lord Eternos
so here is my list:
5:beastman, looks evil as opposed to some other evil warriors, to bad the face is always worn, hardly ever do you see a no paintware figure.
4:mossman, his facial expression rules, and stays!
3:BA he-man(was on the laserbolt box, which was the firt item i got)
2:Blast attack, love the suicide action!! even now!
1:orko, first motu memory, looks so different, trick is fun, cord action is also nice PLUS he is fun in the cartoon.
1 Whiplash - Green scaly guy always been a big fav
2 Tri Klops - No matter who he stands next to his appearance is FAB
3 Count Marzo - custom made figure ( Hee hee maybee cheating but the figure is FAB)
4 Plundor - custom figure again really cool
5 Beast Man - with his orange fur is an essential goon to have around.
In no order my favs were:
Hi here are m favourites:
6. Thung-Laser -> I love the toy. The colors are fantastic, the thung-actionfeature is great and I like his feet which look good and give him a good stand.
5. Tri-Klops - Evil seeing everything! Gammaray vision and a big green sword.
4. Trap-Jaw - I like the idea with his jaw("Beißer" James Bond? ;) )
3. (Hurrcan-) Hordak - Great looking Figur I like his golden armor and of course the hurrican feature. Also I like his character design a lot - very powerful, "technical power based" and sarcastic leader of the Evil Horde
2. He-Man - simply the good guy needed as Skeletors enemy :)
1. Skeleor - Overlord of Evil and Destruction - My all time favourtie! I really love the original softhead toy - man he has a skull and he is evil :) Skeletor is just great!
I am not gonna count He-Man and Skeletor cause it's obvious they are the best ones specially the BA versions.
So here is my list: