WTFWTK 2.19 - Ask your questions here!
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out! :)
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for questions only; not discussion.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
Please avoid questions about:
- Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).
Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer.
The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
Filmation characters are off limits!
Who will be produced will remain to be seen.
We will pick up to 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
It's nothing personal. :)
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. Why did Matty process the unsubmitted orders fans made on 4/15 when those fans managed to place a new order during the 2nd Mer-Man batch offering on 4/29? This resulted in many fans getting charged for orders they didn't want and couldn't afford.
2. What will Mattel do to compensate for fans who cannot order these figures at work due to internet restrictions? The constant quick sell-outs make it an unfair impossibility for a number of fans to even order these figures from Mattel.
3. Will Mattel do what Sideshow toys does and offer a "second chance waiting list?" That way if extra figures show up by returns or are found in stock, those figures could be sold to people on the "second chance list" on a first-come-first-serve basis.
4. Why do International fans and other fans within the USA have to pay sales tax when their state and/or country is not listed in the Matty Collector FAQ as a taxable destination?
5. Why won't Mattel include convention exclusives in the subscription service?
6. One of the downsides of the original classic line is an open left hand that prevented the holding of weapons. Why are some MOTUC figures designed with this same flaw?
7. Why the long delay between the re-release of sold out figures?
8. Is there another raffle for a rare figure schedule for this year's SDCC?
9. Is He-ro designed in part to provide pieces for Bow for an upcoming release?
10. Since the number of MOTUC figures produced and sold is increasing, are there plans to lower the price of the figures?
So ask those questions! :)
Subscription Service Sell-out
Now that Matty has started the subscription service, is there a chance of a "pre-order” sellout before the figure actually goes on sale for the figures in Sep-December? I assume Matty for Jan-Dec 2010 will have an order of x + subscription orders or will you just say we’re ordering ~15,000 figures subscription or not?