WTFWTK 2.20 - Ask your questions here!
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out! :)
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for questions only; not discussion.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
Please avoid questions about:
- Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).
Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer.
The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
Filmation characters are off limits!
Who will be produced will remain to be seen.
We will pick up to 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
It's nothing personal. :)
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. Are fans likely to see a cardbord fold out Crystal Castle and/or Snake Mountain with future exclusive figures, or as an extra item to buy on Mattycollector?
2. Will Mattel be celebrating 2002 MOTU's 10th anniversary in 2012?
3. Is there any chance of characters from other Mattel brands making their way into MOTUC, like Hasbro has done with GI Joe by adding Matt Trakker from M.A.S.K?
4. If each figure continues to sell out quickly, will Mattel consider offering two figures in the same releasing date? This way we can get more characters in less time and save on shipping as well.
5. How many new figures will debut at the 2009 SDCC show?
6. Any updates on the collection of classic mini-comics in a book?
7. What percentage of figures are sold to US residents versus international residents, and what countries buy the most MOTUC figures?
8. Due to the economic instability right now in the US and other countries, will Mattel offer something like a three or four-figure subscription feature and/or a way to cancel a subscription? It could prove detrimental to some fans to be locked into a commitment if something unforeseen were to happen like a job loss.
9. What is the status on any merchandising for MOTUC? Anything fans should be on the lookout for?
10. Is there a chance that subscriptions will force a sellout before the figure actually goes on sale? Please clarify if Mattel will be producing a set quantity regardless, or a set quantity + the subscription orders.
So ask those questions! :)