WTFWTK 2.33 - Ask your questions here!
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out! :)
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for question submission only; not discussion.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
Filmation characters are off limits!
Who will be produced will remain to be seen.
We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
It's nothing personal. :)
***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
Mattel has also asked not to submit figure inquiries about unannounced figures (eg: When will we see [insert character name])
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
This past round of questions were selected by Darkspecter,
and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
Thanks to them for their help!!!
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. Eternian Poet: Are there any plans to create and sell scenic Eternian and Etherian backgrounds? (eg cardboard tri-folds that could sit behind the figure stands)
2. Spectror: In a recent Matty update, we read that “In addition to the 12 monthly figures, we are also going to offer 2 - 4 'bonus' figures each year, usually at the end of each quarter. These figures will be A-list hero and villain updates”… Would you give us an extensive list of who you consider A-list characters (both heroes and villains)? Thank you!
3. masterenglish & bcrduke: Would you, or have you at all considered running another fan based character creation contest (like with Fearless Photog back in the 80s) that would be made into a MOTUC figure,
and/or a "Fans' Choice" poll for MOTUC like the one that was done for DCUC where fans could pick some of the characters they will get next?
4. ian_highful: Considering that the design of Adora's sword was so popular and the fact that it is suppose to be a clone of the sword of He, is there any chance of a larger version of her sword, without the stone, being released with Adam or a He-Man reissue?
5. radrcks & Darkspecter: For future PoP figures that have skirts/pants (ex. She-Ra), will they be designed so the girls can ride their horses and cats properly? Perhaps with slits up the sides of the skirt or a removeable skirt with an extra cloth one for seated poses?
So ask those questions! :)
Battlecat and Trapjaw Request
You've already told us that you will have Battlecat and Trapjaw available again possibly in the fall of 2010. I have one request for those of us that missed out the first time. Can we get packaging exactly the same as the first run? (ie. Without the 'The Original') I love to display my packaged collection and I think a lot of us would prefer to have the packaging without the re-release package changes.....pleeeaassseee.
Pre-order system for Classics
Bearing in mind
a) you have told us you are planning at least a year in advance (and you actually have a pretty good idea beyond that),
b) fans are after figures whenever they arrive and the potential slip on release dates is not a big deal to most,
c) over 70% of fans who voted on the Matty forums and over 90% who voted on the He-Man.org forums are in favour,
d) a pre-order system tells you exactly how many figures to make just as a subscription does,
e) you are constantly reminding us that you pay attention to fan requests (unflocked Panthor won with only a 60% vote), and
f) the proposed 2011 subscription with several items packed together is going to hammer international fans with Customs charges
why are you persisting with this obstinate refusal to set up a pre-order system for Classics figures?