here are the color pigment tests. coloring off-white resin is a bit of a shot in the dark because it starts clear and blooms into white as it cures. so what looks like a dark red for example, may actually come out pink once it blooms. this is why a few of these colors are WAY off. i was able to match the red perfectly, the tan and brown aren't exact, but i settled on colors that look good to me, out of several attempts. this was using a few older molds
the first halves of the molds for the bottom of the body, and the canopy. i'll have cast copies to show in a few days.
here are a few of the clay negatives i have to build as a form for the first half of the silicon mold.
started test casting with the few molds i have completed (most are only half of a 2 part mold till i get more silicone) and everything is turning out so well :) i'll post a pic soon.
the ball joint pieces were loose and worried me at first, but a little funtak and it's perfect!
Looks great, keep it up! What kind of resin and silicone are you using? Is the off white resin Smoothcast 300?
Smooth-Sil 945 silicone and Smooth-Cast 322 resin.
It seems I might be interested in one. :-)
I think I'll want one too.
Really good job.
anyone seriously interested should send me a private message or email for all the details.
i do not have all the molds yet, but i will have more silicone very soon.
in the mean time i'll be modifying some details of the parts i can cast now, altering them to use for EQUINOX night stalker. that won't take long at all. keep checking back for updates.
So amazingly cool.
WOW it looks amazing
thanks. a few people have asked why it's cast in blue... this is only the first test casting with the new molds, to see if there is anything about the molds that needs altered or fixed before i use them for real with the corect color resin. i added some blue tint only for fun, like all the wacky colored test model figures that mattel has produced. maybe next test pieces will be pink :)
the final cast parts will be solid cast in the appropriate colors :)
But the blue test pieces could be used for a Steed suited for Sir-Laser-Lot...
wip pics for night stalker.
modifications of stridor helmet
and front body vent
the helmet looks awesome!
Every update is great.
thanks guys :) the helmet needs a lot of work lol
Unbelievable work! :hmeek:
are you going to hand sign and number them, just wondering.
today i finally received the sillicone i've been waiting for this was the only thing holding up the project and hopefully i'll have a completed cast copy to show in this coming week.
also still working on altered parts for EQUINOX (night stalker). the helmet is progressing very nicely :skwink: i do not want to show it again till it's finished, but i have taken a few more in progress pics to post later. you will not be disappointed.
a few molds
and some test casts
and... here's what i've done so far for night stalkers helmet
You have been hard at work!
this is becoming better and better by the day!
So great to see someone's labor of love come to completion through hard work and determination. Amazing job!
You should look into having someone create a custom Stridor box to sell them in!