Page 1 of 291 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Australians out there

Australians out there

Hey what happened to the Aussie thread, it was up to about 1200 posts but i can't find it.

The forum was purged by JVS3. Here's the link. The old Aussie thread went with it.

Looks like this could be the new Aussie thread.

Any of you guys getting a 2004 She-ra?
    "I find the movie "Annie" totally unbelievable. Given the option, who would adopt a ranga?"

Mean-Girls.org
    Are you a "Plastic"?

Treat your customers with respect, NO MORE PAINTED BLACK PLASTIC MATTEL!!

Any news?

Apart from the recent toys r us findings, has anyone got any news regarding new figures? A few days ago on the front page someone reported that Australia was in line to get new figures in September, did anyone else read that?

Regards Jake
    SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

I phoned Mattel, earlier this week. As far as those reps, working the phones
    know, September is still when we recieve new items. I hope that helps.

Take it easy,
    Darren

Good front page news!

If those figures on the front page ever get made, we might even get them by 2010.

Regards Jake
    SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got Sam battlecat and Raptor at TRU today. All I need now are the SAM he-man and Skelly figures.

I also brough a killer croc which I found there, since I heard he was somewhat rare. Debating whether to open it or not (im an open collector). If I do that means I will start collecting batman, which is something I have tried to avoid (the only lines I collect are MOTU and Takara transformer reissues). If I do deside to collect batman it will only be the original characters, got no room for those vaients and vehicles! I suppose I would only have to really get zipline batman, joker and Mr Freeze (who are impossible to find) - was there a 4 hoursman robin as well? Hmmm, decisions decisions...

I picked up my second slime pit last weekend (pretty much for the mutant). I am considerign getting a few more. $20 is pretty cheap, considering I have spent up to $40 for regular figures!

I am not sure if everyone is aware of this, but the stuff available in ToysRUs at the moment is imported directly form overseas (the states I believe). They didn't get it from mattel. This is pretty good news in that at least one person in TRU sees the potential in MoTU.

There is still heaps of stock available, so if anyone is still deciding on getting something (or maybe another slime pit, LOL) - I say GO FOR IT, because it may mean that we get even more stuff in.

Court Magician
    AWWW we have to start again ..... that sucks,

Anyway anyone been able to find out what exactly mattel are releasing in september??? I phoned and they didn't know. Will we see wave 2 or are they skipping straight to the snakemen stuff, when are we going to see the classic DVDs hitting our shores, or even the 1987 movie. Why are so behind??

I believe Australia has the potential to make this line work for kids and collectors, just like the uk and germany, MOTU was huge here in the 80's, People know about this line. Hell wave 1 did well in Sydney, except for all those MAA,

We should start an online petition to tell mattel..YES there are MOTU fans in Australia, and we would love them to really give this line a push in Australia, * Fix Uneven case ratios (learn from the USA's mistakes)

* Advertise, on kids TV, What about a McDonalds Happy Meal Promo

* Get the classic DVD's out here and turn some old fans into collectors.

* Get the MV Creations/Image comic into Australian comic stores, currently comic stores have to go around imbargoes, buying it from the USA to fill collector demand, they only get it in short supply if at all. Hell us collectors are the ones with the money to afford to buy 2 of each figure one MIB and one for display (we all do it its ok)

* And lastly strike while the iron is HOT the Cartoon has been airing for a few months now, and Saturday morning on channel 10 is quite good, look what transformers armada did with that time slot

anyway If your a Motu Fan and if your an Aussie, use this thread to tell mattel how you fell, I will even post a few copies off to various stores and different departments of mattel in a few weeks so it might reach the right people. GET BEHIND THIS voice your opinion

Hey Hulkvan,

Well done, for attempting to create a "MotU" movement in Australia. Certainly, count me in. If there is anything, I can do to help, please let me know.

I do agree if "MotU", is marketed correctly it could have some success.
    Any fast food promotions, would be welcomed. Also, advertising is important.
    However, it is also important for Mattel to communicate with "MotU" fans.

Just beacuse, things have not gone over as hoped, in the U.S., does nothing to show me, that the concept is wrong.

Mattel, just needs to treat the property with respect. Mattel in Germany,
    seem to have done that, with their awesome website.

Take it easy,
    Darren

killjoy

found motu tru A.C.T

I just bin down to toy's R us a.c.t and found deluxe battle armor he-man and skeletor plus battle cat and raptor also slime pit several man@arms all around 9.97 and slime pit 19.97
    peace out

Anyone seen SAM he-man and Skeletor round melbourne?

Australian Fans, I have news!

You can decide whether it is good or not...

First News;
    I called Mattel and spoke to Greg (or Gary??, I can't remember). He confirmed that we are getting figs in Sepetmber. This is what he told me was listed;

Heroic Warriors
    Ice Armor He-Man
    Buzz Off
    Stealth He-Man
    Sy-Klone
    Man-E-Faces
    Orko

Evil Enemies
    Evil Lyn !!!
    Snake Crush Skeletor
    Whiplash
    BeastMan
    MerMan
    Trap Jaw
    Skeletor (no other name given, I assume it is Ice Armor)

So it looks like we are getting the repaint cases (that AFX have). I called again to confirm and they said they the evil enimies case is definitely 7 figures??!! So Evil Lyn may well be included??

He also said we were getting Mecha Bite Battle Cat and Panthor and the slime pit??!! It will be interesting to see how much these go for - especially since ToysRus have the Slime Pit for $19.95!!!.

One last thing he said was listed was "Animal Figures". he had no other details of this. Perhaps it is Orginal Battle Cat and Panthor???

I am glad we are getting something, but it looks like Mattel Australia unfortunately won't give the line much of an "Aussie" focus. If we do infact get evil Lyn, that would be way cool. We need to make sure they don't just follow the other (existing markets) and release whatever is released there. Otherwise we will never see Teela, Original Panthor, etc...

Other news; (sort of)
    Was that on Friday I was watching Cartoon Network in the evening and on one of their adverts, I saw a (very quick) image of Webstor!!! I have called Foxtel and are awaiting a reponse as to what is happening with the cartoon.
    Last edited by He-Boy; August 3, 2004 at 02:54am.

wow that figure assortment sounds great, hopefully it stays that, way.
    Yeah i have a She-ra and Hordak bust on the way, should arrive this week sometime looking forward to them.

That sounds like poop. I want original paint jobs, not the repaints!

Court Magician
    Any news is good news : ) HE-BOY did mattel confirm that these are the repaints, it could just be our wave two, the USA wave two looked similar to this (minus the snake crush Skeletor) the inclusion of evil lynn is just making me think??? Or is there an Australian evil lynn repaint exclusive on the cards

that would be SO sweet!!!

Haephestus
    Hmmm good and bad.

I'd be all over Buzz-Off, Man-E-Faces and Whiplash, BUT only if they were the original paints, not some weird re-paint.

Does anyone have pics of the re-paint Buzz-Off and Whiplash? I've seen pics of the Man-E and he looks terrible, though out of desperation I may pick him up.

If Evil-Lynn is a re-paint on the other hand, then I will get her no matter what, cause you knows its Evil-Lynn!

Now if we can only get Too-Badd, the Snake enemies, Zodak, Roboto, Snake-Armour He-Man, She-Ra, Keldor, etc, etc AND Castle Grayskull I would really be happy.

Cheers,
    Haeph.

I finally heard from foxtel about the cartoon (They would possibly have the WORST customer service - EVER). Good news though; Series 1 starts on september 5 and it looks like series 2 is playing directly after series 1. The unprofessional hack mumbled whatever he was reading to himself (which he assumed was all I need to comprehend what he was on about), so it was difficult to get any further info out of him.

Regarding the figures, the reps at Mattel were reading from a info sheet, and they said that was all they had, so I doubt customer service have been provided any more info. I asked when in september we could expect figs and they suggested it could be any time (depending on when the stores receive it and put it on shelf)

killjoy

regarding the series 1

Whos going to put motu out or have they on dvd? (dont have a all reg's dvd so no u.s ones) has any one put a list of what has bin released in oz toy wise cause i think i miss'd same stuff plus i got a few ring-ins from o.s.
    Was the TRU's raptor, raptor or dragon walker?? i looked, and in one eye out the other

p.s, And thank god nothing was happening when the old tread was flushed

Cartoon?

Hi guys , I have season 1 and 2 on VCD (ebay).
    After looking on Hordak.de in their cartoons section, they show a pic of hopefully season 3 (the horde etc), I dont know if this will ever be made or not.
    I hope this helps (new member), Canberra He-Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz cap He-Fan
    Hi guys , I have season 1 and 2 on VCD (ebay).
    After looking on Hordak.de in their cartoons section, they show a pic of hopefully season 3 (the horde etc), I dont know if this will ever be made or not.
    I hope this helps (new member), Canberra He-Fan.
    Hordak appears in 2 episodes of season 2.
    I have seasons 1 and 2 on VCD, should have just asked on here

Will know better next time.
    yes I saw Hordak the latest series, sorry I ment the horde, and I think Hordak will be facing He-Man etc. You guys probably already know all this! Sorry will shutup now...

Hi Oz cap He-Fan!!

Welcome to the boards! It's always cool to see more Aussies joining in!

Scott
    "I find the movie "Annie" totally unbelievable. Given the option, who would adopt a ranga?"

Mean-Girls.org
    Are you a "Plastic"?

One additional thing. When I asked the customer service rep at mattel about the airing of the cartoon, he suggested that they have nothing to do with the cartoon (which I thought was strange).

Does anyone know if it is being played on free-to-air channels? Is it still on cheeze tv on saturday mornings?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy
    Does anyone know if it is being played on free-to-air channels? Is it still on cheeze tv on saturday mornings?
    Yep. 7am. Last Saturdays ep was # 16. "The Monster Within".

Mean-Girls.org
    Are you a "Plastic"?

Thorne
    new figs...schweet....