Page 6 of 291 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Australians out there

killjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankos
    Did Toys R Us ever get the Samurai figures?
    heres what i got and i belive thats is what was shipped
    BATTLE ARMOR HEMAN
    BATTLE ARMOR SKELETOR
    SAMURAI BATTLE CAT
    SAMURAI BATTLE RAPTOR
    SLIME PIT
    so no (not yet i hope)

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy
    heres what i got and i belive thats is what was shipped
    BATTLE ARMOR HEMAN
    BATTLE ARMOR SKELETOR
    SAMURAI BATTLE CAT
    SAMURAI BATTLE RAPTOR
    SLIME PIT
    so no (not yet i hope)
    These are all that I have seen at Toys R Us, except wave one.

It would be great if they imported more that way, that the Australian Market has missed out on.

Take it easy,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

I've got to view this thread more often. I looked in K-Mart today and saw three of them so I guess I was late. I didn't buy any though all they had were Ice Armour He-Man*2 and Man 'e' Face's which I already have. The original version that is. But they were $17 each which is way to much. Also had about 5 Grayskull's at $89.00 (which I won't buy anyway, I think it is a piece of crap) 2 Slime Pits at $44.95 and 2 Battle Cats and 1 Panthor. Mega Bite or something like that? Couldn't find a price for those.

I'm heading to Melbourne on the weekend so I'll hopefully get a Buzz Off and Evil Lynn there that is all I am after from this wave.

BTW is there going to be an original Panthor released here?
    Last edited by r_r_r_22; September 2, 2004 at 12:59am.

Quote Originally Posted by r_r_r_22
    I'll hopefully get a Buzz Off and Evil Lynn there that is all I am after from this wave.

BTW is there going to be an original Panthor released here?
    No Evil Lyn in this wave sorry Gav. We may never see her on the shelf. Also, Panthor's chances aren't looking so good either...

Scott
    "I find the movie "Annie" totally unbelievable. Given the option, who would adopt a ranga?"

Mean-Girls.org
    Are you a "Plastic"?

Treat your customers with respect, NO MORE PAINTED BLACK PLASTIC MATTEL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott
    No Evil Lyn in this wave sorry Gav. We may never see her on the shelf. Also, Panthor's chances aren't looking so good either...

Scott
    I knew it was to good to be true. By the sounds of things we are getting this wave of figures and above. Anything in between the original wave of figures we got and these ones won't get here? Pretty ordinary supply by the sound of things.

Looks like I'll only get Buzz Off.

killjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by r_r_r_22
    I knew it was to good to be true. By the sounds of things we are getting this wave of figures and above. Anything in between the original wave of figures we got and these ones won't get here? Pretty ordinary supply by the sound of things.

Looks like I'll only get Buzz Off.
    I agree, mattel are giving us the stick for same reason, I rang toy-world to ask about greyskull the guy on the phone said the rep was only in yesterday, and they new heaps like air dates for the toon what they were getting, T-r-us new they got a speacial deal shipment. More than ive read on the boards or from mattel! so how can we aussies tell mattel to shape up and give us same more figs (so we dont have to order from OS). Phone days may work in U.S.A but their not listening in oz we should start a petition, what figs we havent seen and
    exclusives.

MATTEL!
    I would like to see these figures in australia. Sorceress, Teela, Evil-lyn, Moss-man, Roboto, Panthor, khan, rattler, the genral and king hiss.
    Please and Thank You

Cosmic Enforcer

Maybe I got lucky....

Hey guys, its only my second time writing in one of these forums...
    But yes, i was pleased to walk into target yesterday and score the 11 out of the 12 new figures we have been presented with.

As far as I can tell, there were two case assortments, one evil and one good (as Im sure everyonoe else knows already no doubt). They were (as far as I can remember) the two recent case assortments that were offered at mv he-store that if I remember correctly weren't advertised for very long.

I remember being rather ****ed off because i was about to order them (just so i could get my hands on a buzz-off). The they were no more. Then suddenly just when I thought i'd have to hunt around in the states for a buzz off for $50 or more, there they were.

BUzz Off, crazy Sy-klone repaint, man-e-faces (repaint) two versions of He-man (ice armor and sleath armor (I got a production error that calls him Buzz-Off hmmmmmm.) and that crazy repaint of orko with a new accessory.

Also Snake crush skeletor (the one i left in the shop). Ice armor skeletor (who as far as repaints go actually is rather cool looking). Merman (rp), Trap-jaw (rp), Whiplash (repaint?, not sure), and beastman (rp) that claims he's merman. Three targets had this version, but i only found one misprint Stealth he-man. One has to wonder if Coles-Myer didn't simply buy all of mv he-store's stock and that's why those wonderful case assortments dissappeared so quickly.

Anyway, i don't think we'll be seeing anything before this particular wave of figures, but maybe a later one, you know the one with king hsss, rattlor and khan altogether, and the goodies with roboto, mmmmmmm Cheap Roboto. Saves me finding someone with a credit card who'll let me use it to buy online.

Well, I snapped up two buzz-off's so people in melbourne if you're hard pressed let me know.

Cosmic Enforcer

(wish there was a zodak emoticon with a grin

Crazy stuff, i went into target city store today, not much left now. PS, melbourne people, anyone who might have gone to Target Knox and found only two figures left, its my fault, :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Enforcer
    But yes, i was pleased to walk into target yesterday and score the 11 out of the 12 new figures we have been presented with.

As far as I can tell, there were two case assortments, one evil and one good (as Im sure everyonoe else knows already no doubt). They were (as far as I can remember) the two recent case assortments that were offered at mv he-store that if I remember correctly weren't advertised for very long.

I remember being rather ****ed off because i was about to order them (just so i could get my hands on a buzz-off). The they were no more. Then suddenly just when I thought i'd have to hunt around in the states for a buzz off for $50 or more, there they were.

BUzz Off, crazy Sy-klone repaint, man-e-faces (repaint) two versions of He-man (ice armor and sleath armor (I got a production error that calls him Buzz-Off hmmmmmm.) and that crazy repaint of orko with a new accessory.

Also Snake crush skeletor (the one i left in the shop). Ice armor skeletor (who as far as repaints go actually is rather cool looking). Merman (rp), Trap-jaw (rp), Whiplash (repaint?, not sure), and beastman (rp) that claims he's merman. Three targets had this version, but i only found one misprint Stealth he-man. One has to wonder if Coles-Myer didn't simply buy all of mv he-store's stock and that's why those wonderful case assortments dissappeared so quickly.

Anyway, i don't think we'll be seeing anything before this particular wave of figures, but maybe a later one, you know the one with king hsss, rattlor and khan altogether, and the goodies with roboto, mmmmmmm Cheap Roboto. Saves me finding someone with a credit card who'll let me use it to buy online.

Well, I snapped up two buzz-off's so people in melbourne if you're hard pressed let me know.

Cosmic Enforcer

(wish there was a zodak emoticon with a grin

Crazy stuff, i went into target city store today, not much left now. PS, melbourne people, anyone who might have gone to Target Knox and found only two figures left, its my fault, :-P
    Well done on your find...congrats.

Cosmic Enforcer

Yes, a lucky find for sure!!!!

Hey there Viceroy, hehehe, thanx mate,
    What's it like in NZ by the way. Have you guys been lucky enough to get anything there?

Also I was reading some earlier replies back on page two, I cracked up when I heard someone from Melbourne had bought a Teela for $60 AUD, was it from Comics R Us. Cos that's where I got mine, and as far as I know they only had two. Oh and an Evil-Lyn for $75. We Motu fans are crazy I tell you. CRAZY!

Anyone know where I can get an original Ram-man, i've only seen the repaints, and just wanna hold out for that special moment when i see one somewhere and not give in to bronze shoulder plates. :S

Frankos, if you're reading this mate, I have a spare Buzz Off, from Box Hill (not in the north hehehe, so i didnt steal the last NS BUzz oFF, i also have the new orko if you're interested. It'll cost ya (not much though, a couple of bucks finders fee should do it, plus travelling expenses. I'll part with them both for $35, PS Comics R Us have BUzz Off for $35 alone. :S

Anyway, so it is rumoured there's an evil-lyn somewhere out there, in what ratio i wonder. 1:10000, if we're lucky. Well if there is good luck finding her everyone, about as rare as one of Willy WOnka's golden tickets I suspect.

Cosmic Enforcer

Frankos, if you're reading this mate, I have a spare Buzz Off, from Box Hill (not in the north hehehe, so i didnt steal the last NS BUzz oFF, i also have the new orko if you're interested. It'll cost ya (not much though, a couple of bucks finders fee should do it, plus travelling expenses. I'll part with them both for $35, PS Comics R Us have BUzz Off for $35 alone. :S
    Thanks for the offer dude, but I kind of want to find them myself, thrill of the hunt and all that, especially since once I have them 2 guys I got all of the current wave I need

Hey there Viceroy, hehehe, thanx mate,
    What's it like in NZ by the way. Have you guys been lucky enough to get anything there?

Also I was reading some earlier replies back on page two, I cracked up when I heard someone from Melbourne had bought a Teela for $60 AUD, was it from Comics R Us. Cos that's where I got mine, and as far as I know they only had two. Oh and an Evil-Lyn for $75. We Motu fans are crazy I tell you. CRAZY!

Anyone know where I can get an original Ram-man, i've only seen the repaints, and just wanna hold out for that special moment when i see one somewhere and not give in to bronze shoulder plates. :S

Anyway, so it is rumoured there's an evil-lyn somewhere out there, in what ratio i wonder. 1:10000, if we're lucky. Well if there is good luck finding her everyone, about as rare as one of Willy WOnka's golden tickets I suspect.

Cosmic Enforcer
    Cheers mate. Here in NZ nothing now... All we had was wave one thats it. Funny thing was I had to bust a gut and find He-man of all things!! Lets just say I was quite annoyed about it all. I just get my stuff from the He-Store and Case fresh.

Believe it or not I'm actually an Aussie living in NZ...crazy really when all the kiwis move over to oz. It's not bad buying things in oz...for starters you don't have to pay gst...so theres a 10% discount. Also the kiwi $ is quite high sitting on around .95 so with the gst off it kinda levels out. Just have to pay for post.

I'll be over in Melbourne late October so I'll have a good hunt around then. Somebody told Chapel st Alternate Worlds so I'll go there and Kmart, TRU and anywhere else I can think off. Mental note pack light!

One other thing Mattel NZ said no more MOTU in 04 but 05 who knows....they did send me 1X He-man and 1 X Smash Blade as a freebie...so whose gonna complain?
    Cheers

killjoy

two versions of He-man (ice armor and sleath armor (I got a production error that calls him Buzz-Off hmmmmmm.)
    Hay Cosmic Enforcer did you by the heman/buzz one it would be a great piece in a collection. and did you ask the staff for more? when i did i scored big got all 12 and the shippment cases.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Hi all,
    No new news from my collecting front this week. I did get E Roddimus off Pidgerii but that was through a trade we did. Ive got 20th Anniversary Prime(got him cheap well 103.00 instead of 144.95 gotta be a good saving?) on layby and payed off some more of it. But nothing new to report. Glad to see MOTU in the shops and that it is selling ok. Im happy that Jem is back on TV. Read my message in the other board for more.
    Cheers
    Sorceress
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

King Karlosss

Attention Fans In Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by gtc
    Thanks for the store info,

I visited KMART Ashfield on Friday. They had 1 of most of the figures. Although I left them short an Orko, Man-E, Cyclone and Buzz off. Hope they get replenished.

This wave seems quite popular. I hope it can be sustained.

gtc

I am not sure where you are all from, but both Kmart Sylvania & Kmart Hurstville have the entire Snakemen range + Mecha Bite Panthor & Battle Cat. They both have quite a few in stock. Target at Miranda has a few Snakemen left, but not many, but has quite a few Castle Grayskull V2.0 & Bashin Beetles. In Miranda also, Toys R Us have the Smaurai Battle Cats & Snake Pit ($19.99), the Raptor and wave 1 figures.

I hope this has helped some of you guys !

Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy
    Believe it or not I'm actually an Aussie living in NZ...crazy really when all the kiwis move over to oz. It's not bad buying things in oz...for starters you don't have to pay gst...so theres a 10% discount. Also the kiwi $ is quite high sitting on around .95 so with the gst off it kinda levels out. Just have to pay for post.
    How long've you been in NZ Viceroy? We've been paying GST for about 3-4 years.

Off topic: I must be behind the times, I didn't even know this was coming out let alone this month http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/228595
    Last edited by pidgerii; September 5, 2004 at 10:15am.
    "So what am I supposed to do with it?"
    "It's a magic sword. You lift your arm and shout 'By the power of Grayskull', or something like that."
    "And then what happens?"
    "Then you get struck by lightning."
    *looks at the sword for a moment*
    "Here then, you try it."

[QUOTE=pidgerii]How long've you been in NZ Viceroy? We've been paying GST for about 3-4 years.

For about 3.5 years. GST in NZ is 12.5%. However when you import stuff in they do not apply the GST unless what your importing is approx $1,500 but thats a guess. Can't see I'm ever going to bring in $1,500 of motu in one hit. Mental note must buy that lotto ticket.

I saw Greyskull at K-Mart - finally. With the sale it only cost around $68 so I put it on layby. Damned if I know where I'm gonna put that thing.
    "It's a magic sword. You lift your arm and shout 'By the power of Grayskull', or something like that."
    "And then what happens?"
    "Here then, you try it."

killjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by pidgerii
    I saw Greyskull at K-Mart - finally. With the sale it only cost around $68 so I put it on layby. Damned if I know where I'm gonna put that thing.
    It better to have one and no-where to put it than not to have one
    Went to toy-world ACT saw greyskull ver2 a few buzz'z, heman orko no bad guys figs $14.99

Any news on future assortments???
    Other than the actual Snakemen it looks like we may be getting in October, anything else on the horizon???

What did I miss? Who said anything about the Snakemen being released next month?
    "And then what happens?"
    "Here then, you try it."

Octane
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankos
    Did Toys R Us ever get the Samurai figures?
    I am surprised that the Samurai Armor did not turn up. I would say if TRU or any other retailer in OZ got offered some sort of close out from the US I would expect Samurai Armor to be seen as an outside possibility. But I feel you would have more of a hope of the Smash Blade Skeletor/He-man turning up in Numbers. Currently there is so much of this stock in the USA that has not moved. Most of this stock is now with KB Toys, most of it came from Target before that. Solid Cases of He-man and Skeletor. 2 More Discounted Figures is better than no more figures. I am expecting one more wave (12 Figures) to turn up just before X-mas and that is it for this incaration of MOTU.

All my local stores are pickedclean and still havn't restocked. How is everyone elses going?

Cosmic Enforcer

Been off for a few days

Hey guys, Cosmic here, a few of you have replied to my last post, excellent, now, ill try to address all your questions in one post cos i probably wont be on again til next weekend.

Viceroy, there's not much right now at alternate worlds, they usually have the comics fairly up-to-date but jsut have the four non-zodak-fisto hereos that we all already know about. Ages ago they had a couple of repaint green card two-bads but that's it. Comics'r'us aren't bad on chapel a bit cheaper than they're bourke st store, but still prciey, besides which you probably already have most of the red card figures. I came into collecting late in the piece and so have had to pay ridiculous prices for my red cards figures, but worth it in my opinion. Still can't get a original ram-man, and roboto is rather too expensive especially since i've ordered the next green card assortments from mvstore, the one with roboto (hopefully not a repaint!).

Killjoy, yes I did get the IA He-man with Buzz Off, its the only one i've seen so far. Any one know what its worth. More than beastman/merman title, whic every beastman i've seen so far has.

Well, maybe only two of you replied, but still, worth a mention. NOw I'm off to eat dinner and get up early tomorrow and watch (if channel ten deosnt get the order wrong - SNAKE PIT!) Cant wait to see the snake men in action!

Cosmic Enforcer

PS. The frenzied grab for figures in Melbourne seems to have slowed down, but no more Buzz Off's that I know of. Also K-mart is clearing out it's mini's for $4 each. Got three hemans a merman and a mekaneck

Hey guys, Cosmic here, a few of you have replied to my last post, excellent, now, ill try to address all your questions in one post cos i probably wont be on again til next weekend.

Viceroy, there's not much right now at alternate worlds, they usually have the comics fairly up-to-date but jsut have the four non-zodak-fisto hereos that we all already know about. Ages ago they had a couple of repaint green card two-bads but that's it. Comics'r'us aren't bad on chapel a bit cheaper than they're bourke st store, but still prciey, besides which you probably already have most of the red card figures. I came into collecting late in the piece and so have had to pay ridiculous prices for my red cards figures, but worth it in my opinion. Still can't get a original ram-man, and roboto is rather too expensive especially since i've ordered the next green card assortments from mvstore, the one with roboto (hopefully not a repaint!).

Killjoy, yes I did get the IA He-man with Buzz Off, its the only one i've seen so far. Any one know what its worth. More than beastman/merman title, whic every beastman i've seen so far has.

Well, maybe only two of you replied, but still, worth a mention. NOw I'm off to eat dinner and get up early tomorrow and watch (if channel ten deosnt get the order wrong - SNAKE PIT!) Cant wait to see the snake men in action!

Cosmic Enforcer

PS. The frenzied grab for figures in Melbourne seems to have slowed down, but no more Buzz Off's that I know of. Also K-mart is clearing out it's mini's for $4 each. Got three hemans a merman and a mekaneck
    Cheers Cosmic thanks for the update. Why is it that the He-Store wont sell comics to OZ, NZ? I'll pick up a few comics when i'm over there. thanks again!

It's something to do with Mattel's international licencing, comic stores have to import to get the comics.
    "And then what happens?"
    "Here then, you try it."