Page 51 of 292 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 7287

Thread: Australians out there

Quote Originally Posted by the power of 3
    looks like a regular one, guess somebody really wanted a trapjaw.
    I think that a lot of the time the high bids are from people that have only recently re-discovered he-man via ebay. Most of the time they have low feedback and if you check out their previous items there is no other MOTU stuff.

Lack of ebay experience, not knowing what an item is really worth....I'd pay that much for mint and complete with the glow-in-the-dark ring, but no way for that one.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar

Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by galactus43
    I think that a lot of the time the high bids are from people that have only recently re-discovered he-man via ebay. Most of the time they have low feedback and if you check out their previous items there is no other MOTU stuff.

Lack of ebay experience, not knowing what an item is really worth....I'd pay that much for mint and complete with the glow-in-the-dark ring, but no way for that one.
    Hey Galactus, i was the same about a year ago never having a computer and browsing on ebay on the future in laws computer i came across a mer-man (vintage) and bought for $16.50. Very much lack of experience but none the less it was cool to get him and the thing is i thought that i was getting a real bargain. Anyway about bargains i recieved panther, evil-lyn, roboto, all 100% complete and fisto (without his power clamp, but recieved a huge sword that looks awesome) today $72.00 shipped, i purchased from HUSH and he was excellent with great emails he even repainted the sword for me in different colours. VERY HAPPY Sorry all were loose, but more than happy that way.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper
    Hey Galactus, i was the same about a year ago never having a computer and browsing on ebay on the future in laws computer i came across a mer-man (vintage) and bought for $16.50. Very much lack of experience but none the less it was cool to get him and the thing is i thought that i was getting a real bargain. Anyway about bargains i recieved panther, evil-lyn, roboto, all 100% complete and fisto (without his power clamp, but recieved a huge sword that looks awesome) today $72.00 shipped, i purchased from HUSH and he was excellent with great emails he even repainted the sword for me in different colours. VERY HAPPY Sorry all were loose, but more than happy that way.
    I was pretty lucky getting my he-man collection started about 10 years ago. I was collecting other action figures and stumbled onto some he-man stuff and bought a bunch of the series 1 and 2 figures that I had as a kid (or wish I'd had). Got about 20 or so all carded for around $10 - $20 US each and set them free....I can't stand to see them trapped in their plastic prisons and I enjoy setting them up. I would hate to try and find the same today.....just getting a decent he-man figure is a mission.

I have only started filling in the gaps for the other figures in the last couple of years. It pays to set your limits and stick to them....there will always be another one around the corner. I only buy mint figures too so that helps to limit constant spending.

I took a couple of photos of my collection, I just have to read the guide on posting pictures when I get a change and can show them off to you guys.

. I would hate to try and find the same today.....just getting a decent he-man figure is a mission.
    Tell me about it... I've completely given up on buying loose figures already..
    Now I'm searching for carded figures that are damaged so I can open them and have a good condition figure.

I recently got a loose He-Man that was supposed to be C9. The top of his legs were all brown and his right eye had way to much paint on the eyebrow and was smudged.

I got a loose Faker that was supposed to be C9. He was missing heaps of paint from his hair, couldn't stand and was missing the sticker.

With the line being so popular back in the day I didn't think finding good condition loose figures would be so hard....

it would be true with new people just starting out on ebay, i know when i started on ebay i was buying up everything i could from the action figure lines i wanted to collect and not really knowing if it was a good price or not, wasnt till was on there for a while met a few sellers that i got a handle on things.

Pictures of my collection

o.k. lets see if this works.... My humble collection for your viewing pleasure.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...3/DSC02983.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...3/DSC02985.jpg

Awww! I gotta say that's really cute/cool the way you decided to impliment Webstor's action feature, galactus43!

He looks awesome hanging around the other guys. (baddum-tish)

Hemat
    Pretty cool collection galactus43

Wow that looks really good Galactus43! Do you have trouble with any of them standing up?

And who's the guy in the first picture, bottom shelf, on the left at the end? (in front of zoar)

WHAT A GUY
    I asked casefresh if they were getting in the Sorceress Variant. But sadly they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by WHAT A GUY
    I asked casefresh if they were getting in the Sorceress Variant. But sadly they are not.
    Have you ordered one through AFX?

I ordered two and because of that they were able to drop the postage price down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama
    Wow that looks really good Galactus43! Do you have trouble with any of them standing up?

And who's the guy in the first picture, bottom shelf, on the left at the end? (in front of zoar)

Thanks guys. It's good to be able to show them off. The display is only temporary until I can get a decent display case/area setup. It is starting to get a bit crowded now, hence Webstor is just hanging around. I also have an eternia playset boxed up cause there is no room to display at the moment.

Clamp Champ, Faker and Hordak (red ribs) have loose legs but can stand up o.k. with a little encouragement. Stratos and King Hiss legs are a little bowed, but they were opened from the packet by me. No one seems to take a dive off the shelf too often though.

The figure you are refering to is my only bootleg. It is a $2 toy that my brother got me for xmas one year from Crazy Clarks. He was only about 5 or 6 at the time, so it stays for sentimental purposes.

Congrats on the collection, Mate. It looks pretty snazzy.

Regards Jake
    SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figs

The figures look in great condition, did you have most/all of them as you were growing up or bought later on in life . The reason i ask is because if you had them as you were growing up im impressed.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

The figures look in great condition, did you have most/all of them as you were growing up or bought later on in life . The reason i ask is because if you had them as you were growing up im impressed.
    See my post three up from the pic's post....

WHAT A GUY
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy
    Have you ordered one through AFX?

I ordered two and because of that they were able to drop the postage price down.
    No i havnt. I was going to get 2 but i wasnt impressed with the price but knowing that now I will be getting it for sure now. Thanks for letting me know, what was the price in US after the postage decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by WHAT A GUY
    No i havnt. I was going to get 2 but i wasnt impressed with the price but knowing that now I will be getting it for sure now. Thanks for letting me know, what was the price in US after the postage decrease.
    $83 US for two shipped to NZ. I was happy with that.

Thing is I don't know what they will be charging to AUS. I have noticed it is slightly cheaper to send things to NZ than AUS which I put down to the size of the country. Just send them an email to enquire how much for two and I'm sure they will help you out.

King Randor

King Randor- finally you will be mine. Should recieve him tuesday.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

King Randor- finally you will be mine. Should recieve him tuesday.

Good one!!! Congrat's. Randor is a great figure. It was one figure that I had always wanted for ages and got one about 18 months ago. Looks great with Prince Adam.

Randor

Good one!!! Congrat's. Randor is a great figure. It was one figure that I had always wanted for ages and got one about 18 months ago. Looks great with Prince Adam.
    Hey Galactus, sorry i should had made myself clear im getting the comic con king randor staction. I got randor the figure years and years ago when i was a kid. Sorry my bad.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Hey Galactus, sorry i should had made myself clear im getting the comic con king randor staction. I got randor the figure years and years ago when i was a kid. Sorry my bad.
    I always forget about 200X....I only collect the vintage stuff, I thought the 200X cartoon was great, but didn't get into the toyline. I guess it is a nostaliga thing
    Last edited by galactus43; March 24, 2006 at 08:19pm.

ezydvd.com.au now have the R4 S1V2 available for pre-order, for it's 17th May release date.
    Guess again, lobster-lips

Yeah I noticed that, I have to put my pre-order in.

WHAT A GUY
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy
    $83 US for two shipped to NZ. I was happy with that.

Thing is I don't know what they will be charging to AUS. I have noticed it is slightly cheaper to send things to NZ than AUS which I put down to the size of the country. Just send them an email to enquire how much for two and I'm sure they will help you out.

Thanks for letting me know...

Con King Randor

He arrived today, king randor the statue looks great but the detail in the sword and his staff was disappointing to me, the staff wont join together properly (luckily it sits behind his hand so you cant see it) i dont think the hole was punched wide enough the sword itself isnt straight nor the detail either, but i guess taking the good with the bad im glad just to finally have one so i can (already have) display him and add him to the collection. I thought that he would had been taller (same height as wave 1 stactions). Question- why does he have a robotic leg Does anyone know, i wasnt expecting him to have a robotic leg even though i have seen him pictured before i guess i never noticed it.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!