Page 173 of 292 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 7292

Thread: Australians out there

thanks mate, im more than happy with it, the guy is doing an awesome job, 9 hours work so far, and my arm felt it today

Quote Originally Posted by the power of 3 View Post
    some update pics, about 90% per cent done, just some face detail and detail in the blue transformation part
    Awesome man! the colours are sweet! Nice work!

Tonight's sale time: 3am AEST

Just me n the good 'ol white screen tonight - maybe they should slideshow some old mini-comic scans or something instead of the matty logo and the dodgy timer ... just a thought

thanks dude

yeah it has so many colours in it, so bright
    gets finished off in a fortnight, as he couldnt work those areas to much more today, then starting a tmnt one on my other arm

Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    Awesome man! the colours are sweet! Nice work!

Tonight's sale time: 3am AEST

Just me n the good 'ol white screen tonight - maybe they should slideshow some old mini-comic scans or something instead of the matty logo and the dodgy timer ... just a thought

that tatt is looking really good.

what happened to 2am? Are we at 3am now?

yeah man 3am this morning cos of daylight savings ... i posted it earlier ... smooth sailing tonight - TheFallen: got yours too buddy

gnight

Just ordered one of each. I finally opened my Zodac today (bought him about a year ago but never opened him). For some reason he is one I plan to keep on card.

I'm Awesome Sauce! Grange Wallis's Avatar
    That was easy this morning and my net was down and did it with 3G! WOOT!!!
    Being a kid in the 80's scarred my life! In an awesome way! so many fantastic cartoons and toylines!!!
    Follow my art & Animations @ my blog! http://grangewallis.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the power of 3 View Post
    some update pics, about 90% per cent done, just some face detail and detail in the blue transformation part
    That looks pretty wicked! Detail is awesome

Glad to see everyone managed to get their figures tonight!

Zodac went first. Looks like the fans are telling Mattel what they think of poor QC.

thanks man, yeah he hasnt missed a thing from the original pic

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    That looks pretty wicked! Detail is awesome

Glad to see everyone managed to get their figures tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    yeah man 3am this morning cos of daylight savings ... i posted it earlier ... smooth sailing tonight - TheFallen: got yours too buddy

gnight
    Thanks TJ, you are a legend

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    My express sub Roboto is in the country, cant wit to see him, though I will be examining him in bubble Very carefully, and cutting his head out of the insert. The pic o someones Roboto with the silver paint scraped off the head has freaked me out!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Its pretty slack that Mattel got the shoulders wrong again... In my work, if something stuffs up and the final production run is wrong or erroneous, and it's my fault, my job and my client, I have to wear the cost and time to reproduce it again without errors - even if it means doing all-nighters and costing me $$$ - thats why QC is sooooo important with every creative/production type job... I can't believe that a company responsible for some of the greatest toys of all time, can screw the pooch soo many times (must be one soggy pooch)

... the upside is: They might be able to include the second removable hand on the re-issue to sweeten the deal, thus making the first "backward-shoulder" release more collectible in years to come ... When TG says: "It doesn't mean we won't try to find a way down the road to correc tthis."

....My response is: Isn't it just a case of putting the shoulders on the correct way? i.e. swapping them? The acual parts are correct are they not? ... it is just an assembly error - shoud be an easy fix i woulda thought - this is just a lack of attention to detail and poor QC on Mattel's behalf and being an Editor myself, am happy to meet with Mattel in application for the NEW Mattel QC Manager Role (cos that position should be a vacant after this) hahahaha

Howdy, Look who turned up only three days after leaving the states! record time!!!

I was initially not looking forward to him, he was just a stop gap til Grizzlor. But now hes here, I love him.

As you can see his shoulders are back to front -and its Really obvious when you look from the side. But its not a huge distraction, his colors are superb.

now the faults... His feet were sort of distorted in the bubble, it will even out I think but it was very noticeable.

His Laser was smooshed into the insert, and came out deformed,Im gonna try the hot water trick later!.

He also has three dots of red paint on his right arm.

Besides that, hes honestly awesome! The mechanism works perfectly!

Cant wait til you guys get yours so we can chat bout em!!

aj

[/CENTER]

wow! that was quick! its amazing how fast things get here when they dont have to go to Austria first!!!

the black wash around the grooves on his boots and silver bits on his thighs looks awful man! looks like a kid has drawn texta on him .... He's still a mad figure, he just got rushed out - i think Roboto deserves more.

How are his joints?

Joints are really firm, his ankles especially. Amen.

the black wash on his boots seems to be a figure by figure thing, cos ive seen others where its not as pronounced. But even with that said, its a lot better in person, the flash of the camera really shows it up. on the shelf it really adds depth...also -IMO- the effect of oil on his joints.(Very Tin man)

Actually for a figure with apparent minimal Paint apps, hes really well done.

I love that the blue line on his visor has a lighter blue over it, it gives depth and looks -almost- like a Cylons visor. I like the little 'touches' like on the soles of his boots-the circles (also on TJ and Optikk) are colored blue.

And Ive seen negative comments about his 'Duck bills' size, but to me it works better than the Vintage figure! cos its size makes his head look more in proportion. When I was a kid I always thought his 'Eyes' were the black section behind the Red bit, cos of the proportions of the head, but with the MOTUC version, I dont get that vibe at all, his Eyes are the Blue streak!

aj

[/CENTER]

Has everyone been reading the Roboto stories? Torsos falling apart, bobble heads, two left biceps, "The Original" inserts, bent weapons... I can't wait to get mine too see how he turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Has everyone been reading the Roboto stories? Torsos falling apart, bobble heads, two left biceps, "The Original" inserts, bent weapons... I can't wait to get mine too see how he turns out.
    Yep! and if you read my posts above, theres more hints of Robotos issues!lol

Mine has faults, but not as bad as some of the others ive tread about!

I hope that you guys get really good ones though, remember-in final analysis 'Reversed Shoulders' is no big deal compared to some of the other issues!

[/CENTER]

Actually, your warped-feet issue scares me the most.

After seeing the Earl Norem poster, I think I prefer that head for Roboto.

Heroic Warrior
    G'day, just joined the Org, a new Aussie fan on the Gold Coast. Any other Gold Coast fans out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    G'day, just joined the Org, a new Aussie fan on the Gold Coast. Any other Gold Coast fans out there?
    Howdy Welcome aboard!

Yep there are a few Queenslanders in here!

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Yep! and if you read my posts above, theres more hints of Robotos issues!lol

Mine has faults, but not as bad as some of the others ive tread about!

I hope that you guys get really good ones though, remember-in final analysis 'Reversed Shoulders' is no big deal compared to some of the other issues!
    I've resisted the temptation to say something but it's like trying to hold your breath under water

I honestly can't believe what's happened with Roboto. I mean, it's not the end of the world but on the same token i am paying for a product(s). It's as if those responsible always try to take a step forward to improve things then by the time the next figure comes out, they've taken two steps back. I just don't get it

Anyhow, still waiting on my snail mail shipment of Roboto and Zodac. Here's hoping they get here soon!

Welcome to the newest Aussie member Tallestblue.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks guys! It really sucks for the subscription buyers that Roboto's been messed up. I don't have a subscription, and I am willing to wait for a corrected re-issue, but to have paid for the figure and have it be faulty, Even if it is a minor fault stinks on ice. Sadly I haveta wait till next year if I do wanna subscribe. Is it poor etiquette to ask how much the figure and shipping costs for us Aussies? I'm thinking of get up early for the Cyber monday sale and trying my luck to get He-Man, Skeletor, and Battlecat.
    Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Welcome Tally!
    There are a few QLD'ers on the forums! I'm a native of the sunshine state, but live in Sydney these days.
    Enjoy your time here!

Widget
    THATS A mad tattoo bro!