Page 195 of 292 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 7289

Thread: Australians out there

Man I'm lookin forward to Clawful!

My Snail Mail Palace guards arrived from Matty on Tuesday for anyone thats keeping track of what arrives when. I'm glad I didn't spend the extra $40 for fast freight. My fast Vikor only arrived a couple of weeks earlier!

I think the Guards are a great idea with not so great execution. Their left side armout is molded for Maa but they have a different forearm and boot, so they don't fit too well and the new right side armour doesn't seem sculpted to fit a particular body part but still doesn't fit great and the right shin armout fits a standard furry boot better than the Keldor one. I really wish they didn't have to have their arms out quite so far when all armoured up.

That being said, the paints aps are reasonable and they are pretty cool.

Anyone else like to think the black guy is Clamp Champ before he became Clamp Champ?

Hi guys,

I've not logged on for over a month now, but I'm back one last time to let you know officially that I won't be posting at these forums anymore. I've had an AMAZING 10 years here! I'll always be thankful to the Org for the good times and connections I've made, but it's time to move on…

Before I go, I'd like to send a quick shout out to some of the greatest guys ever:

MR DJ

We met on these forums back in 2002 after you PM'd me asking if I had copies of the 80's toon. The PM's then turned into chats about Kath & Kim, Kylie, Melissa and all the other girls we crush on! It didn't take long for us to meet up, (we lived in neighbouring suburbs!) and for our cyber friendship to spill over into real life! You introduced me to a world I never knew and people I'd love forever! You've been there for all the big events of the last 8 years (and there've been a few!), seen me at my absolute best and helped me up when I hit rock bottom and didn’t think I'd ever see the light of day again. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that my love for He-Man and She-Ra would result in a mind blowing friendship! Thank you for everything!

Year 2050: You, me and Shady Pines!
    PS - Heal the world. Have a Mai Tai!

He-Boy

Took us a while to talk outside of the forums, but now that we have, nothing can stop us! I was a bit nervous about meeting up when I was in Melbourne, but I'm so glad we did, cos it took our internet friendship and catapulted it into the stratosphere! You've defended me when people were nasty and I didn’t have the words to reply. For that I'll always be thankful. You're intelligence and wit keep me entertained daily and my work day wouldn't be the same without you at the other end of Outlook! As soon as I have the $$ I'll be back in Melbs, camera in hand ready for a MotU Classics location photoshoot. (And maybe a few beers and a trip to the beach house!) You rock DB!!

Staff of Ka

We've not met in person yet due to geographical differences, but I know that we'll get together the second the opportunity arrises and geek out over MotU, TT, Music… the list goes on! LOL. Maybe I'll have to make a special trip to your place and check out your collection, your FB pics are so inviting!

Cade

Imagin my surprise while out in Kings Cross one night when a random comes up to me and says "Are you Scott?"… Haha. Thanks for introducing yourself to me that night Cade! These days our friendship is more music and Facebook based, but it's thanks to the Org that we met. PS - You're one of the most musically talented people I know! Keep up the great work! You're a special guy, and I admire you more than you'll ever realise!

DaBigfella

DaBigfella with DaBigheart! A great guy to do trades with and to geek out with! You've not seen anything till you've walked into this mans toy room!! Anytime you wanna geek out some more Andrew, gimme a yell, you have my number!

Also a special shout out to the other old skool guys here! Gavin (RRR22), LT (A visit to Port is on the cards real soon!), TheFallen, Sorceress, Alex the Kid, skelehorde, TrapJaw ClawGuy3 (Customs extraordinaire!!), Gimp! You guys rock! Keep the flame burning for the Aussie Grayskull Warriors! And welcome to all the new guys, you'll love it here!

I'm on Facebook, so if we're not already friends on there, PM me your name or email addy (I still receive PM notification emails from the Org), and I'll add you!

Maybe I'll see you at the Supanova meet up! I'll be the guy NOT wearing an Org t-shirt...

And, lastly, dear He-Man.org, "Don’t spit on my cup-cake and tell me it's frosting!"

Good journey!

Scott
    Last edited by Oz-Scott; February 16, 2011 at 07:28pm.

Sad to see you go Scott but I understand the circumstances. I will send you a PM about adding you on Facebook.

Thanks Scott! I would be all sad if it weren't for the fact that we chat more off the .org than we do on. I will miss seeing your posts here too though. (Someone needs to convince him not to disappear from the Aussie thread!)

-TRaP-JaW-, I thought of you when I saw this but there might be a few of you on here that might be interested - there's a shop called teefury that has a Gunners MOTU tee that looks prety cool. They only have them for 24hrs apparently.

Click on the pic to go to the website (hopefully). It is only available for another 1.5hrs.
    Last edited by He-Boy; February 16, 2011 at 10:38pm.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Teefury
    DAMN! missed it!!!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    "Hi" and "bye" Scott...it reads as a very heartfelt post. sounds like this IS a really cool place to be! Good journey!

This got me wondering...
    - How many fellow Melb / Vic members are out there?
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 17, 2011 at 02:35am.

THANX He-Boy! I snapped up a couple of those shirts just in the nick of time ... I made a slight alteration to the design too hehe

Vic/Melbourne Eternian here Greyskull !!! and He-Boy, Power of 3, RRR22, Mr Roboto and a few more i prob don't know of.

Peace out Oz-Scott - be RAD always!

Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    Vic/Melbourne Eternian here Greyskull !!! and He-Boy, Power of 3, RRR22, Mr Roboto and a few more i prob don't know of.
    Wow! So a fair few of us on here huh?! That's awesome news! So do the vic fans ever get together n' hang out?

Nobody shares my passion for MOTU here - agh! It's frustrating lol Would like to be able to hang out with peeps who actually share my excitement for getting the latest MOTU action figure!

So, Aussie fans, who is your fav MOTU character and why?

-Trap-Jaw-, I thought about the yellow skull on Trap Jaw too. But then I wondered how Orko ears were part of his skull.

kinggreyskull2011, I don't think we've had an official Melbourne catch up before, though a few of us catch up with each other every so often. Maybe we need to organise one? There were plans for us all to meet up at Supernova in Sydney in June so you're welcome to come along to that too (actually, talk has kinda gone quiet on that so I think we need to bring it up again soon).

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggreyskull2011 View Post
    Wow! So a fair few of us on here huh?! That's awesome news! So do the vic fans ever get together n' hang out?

Nobody shares my passion for MOTU here - agh! It's frustrating lol Would like to be able to hang out with peeps who actually share my excitement for getting the latest MOTU action figure!

So, Aussie fans, who is your fav MOTU character and why?
    Try Port Macquarie, there is nobody at all into motu, except for my daughters who im forcing it upon them. They love playing with the figures.

My favourite character is Two-Bad, i was sick and my parents took me to the chemist for medicine and they told me i could choose 1 figure, to be honest i cant remember the other characters but Two-Bad was the chosen one. Thats why he is my favourite. Closely followed by Hordak.

In the classics so far i think Gy-gor is my fav, mainly due to his size and the fact he was a concept figure and never released. When i play with my girls he is pretty much the first one i grab.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Scott, mate, sad to see you go and there is obviously a good reason behind it all, when next we hook up i'll no doubt hear it, and i'll be texting yu soon for the BC trade!! See you in the real world mon frer!!
    MOTUC is my thing!

Boo Hoo boys! Im in the middle of woop woop!

[/CENTER]

As far as I know the Supernova meet is still a go. I think it should be posted in the main boards to drum up further interest.

I've caught up with Robzy a few times, until tI started at this place and Ozformers I never had fellow toy collector friends. It is great and so relaxing to geek out and talk toys.

As for my favourite character? Wow, I have never thought about it. Trap Jaw is right up there because he was my first figure but there are so many I really like that it is hard to pick a favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Boo Hoo boys! Im in the middle of woop woop!
    They sound like lyrics to a Cher song.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    They sound like lyrics to a Cher song.
    Ok thats Spooky.....I was just listening to the 'Heart Of stone album'

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Hi guys,

I've not logged on for over a month now, but I'm back one last time to let you know officially that I won't be posting at these forums anymore. I've had an AMAZING 10 years here! I'll always be thankful to the Org for the good times and connections I've made, but it's time to move on…

And, lastly, dear He-Man.org, "Don’t spit on my cup-cake and tell me it's frosting!"

Good journey!

Scott
    No good mate. I don't know the circumstances but I'm sorry that you don't want to post here anymore.

Good luck and take care, Scott

Anthony, I was checking my Matty pics and noticed that some of the carded ones have the "The Original" burst on them:

Have you checked yours? It looks like Matty is replacing the first run photo with the second run photo when the figure gets a re-relase. Evil Lyn is due to be re-released in March but she is still showing the first run card (so far).

Eyes on the post box guys, fast shipping bow, shadowbeasts and preternia he-mans are here!!!!
    MOTUC is my thing!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I never answered this question because I don't know the answer.

Can anyone give Darkspecter an answer? I am sure someone here has the DVD sets
    Yeah Scott does, I'll email him now!

aj
    Hi guys! Scott did get me the answer via Facebook. No booklets, but all the same content for the DVDs.

Anyone thinking of getting the NA DVDs, get the MadMan complete set! One of the episodes in the BCI set has a pretty bad screw-up and they didn't make a replacement disc. Scott watched the same part of the episode on the MadMan set and he said it played fine.

So, MadMan NA = all the same DVD content, but doesn't have the art cards or booklets.

I just thought I would leave my findings here. I think it's important to know about the NA set.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Best of luck to you Oz-Scott!

It's a little funny that i've been here for a year and i've only met 3 MOTU/POP/NA fans in person - He-Boy, Yogopop and Power of 3. All, who i must say, are truly stand up guys without a doubt! Having said that, from what i've seen, other fans in our thread sound like they're of the same ilk

I was wondering though if fans in Melbourne wanted to get together before Supernova at some stage? We could meet up somewhere that would be central to where we live to make it easier on transport and take it from there... I was thinking it would be a nice little way of doing a formal meet n greet. Actually, i'd find it quite weird -in a funny way- to meet someone who's from Melbourne at Supernova lol. So, what say you?

I'd like to get to know other He-Fans and She-Ravers from interstate just as much but logistically (Mattel's influence lol) it's a bit more difficult. Instead, i'm gonna try to be more active in our thread if that helps.

Obviously, i'm all for the meet-up at Supernova (depending on circumstances) and i have some (perhaps irrelevant lol) questions:

* Outside of our thread here, is there any other He-Man fan club (or whatever the proper term is) in Australia?

* I know names for our He-Man 'fan club' and t-shirt designs have been put forth but what else needs to be considered so that it can gain some steam?

* Depending on the circumstances, could Supernova be considered an 'official' beginning of the Aussie He-Man fan club since a lot of us (i'm assuming) will be in attendance?

* Have there been any meet-ups that involved a number of fans getting together to geek out and talk in general in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post

* Outside of our thread here, is there any other He-Man fan club (or whatever the proper term is) in Australia?
    There is something in the pipeline For aussie MOTU/POP,NA/200X/MOTUC fans.

More info soon!

ka

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

I just thought I would leave my findings here. I think it's important to know about the NA set.
    Thanks buddy, I am thinkin bout gettin the NA dvds soon!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; February 18, 2011 at 12:55am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[/CENTER]

There is something in the pipeline For aussie MOTU/POP,NA/200X/MOTUC fans.

More info soon!

ka

Thanks buddy, I am thinkin bout gettin the NA dvds soon!
    In regards to Aussie forums, i really don't think we have the numbers to run a lot of seperate boards, i've been a part of Ozfigs in some way for around 10 years, and we have built a terrific community, including a dedicated motu section. People have come and gone over the years, and seperating such a small number always reduces each community by at least half, and then the rebuild takes another couple of years, till someone wants to restart something else again.

Guys we have a great little Australian community over at Ozfigurama, and all are welcome, heres a link to the Motu section..: http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com/f1...skull-s-dayspa
    So before starting up another new forum, come and try it out!!
    MOTUC is my thing!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Hey Scott, sad to see you go and i hope everything goes well for you in life. Take care. There has been many orgers that come and go and some stay longer then others, i really hate it when someone goes as it has somewhat of an empty feeling knowing that you wont see there comments anymore as you respect them for for there views and knowledge. At the end of the day i wish all orgers the best if they ever decide to leave for whatever reasons they have and are always welcomed back.
    Last edited by lorde trooper; February 18, 2011 at 02:53am.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

for sure man, im keen for a melbourne meet up if people are keen

plus i plan to do the supernova thing, but my wife is pregnant and the baby is due a week later so will have to see how things are

Scott- all the best mate, been great trading buying selling over the years

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Best of luck to you Oz-Scott!

It's a little funny that i've been here for a year and i've only met 3 MOTU/POP/NA fans in person - He-Boy, Yogopop and Power of 3. All, who i must say, are truly stand up guys without a doubt! Having said that, from what i've seen, other fans in our thread sound like they're of the same ilk

I was wondering though if fans in Melbourne wanted to get together before Supernova at some stage? We could meet up somewhere that would be central to where we live to make it easier on transport and take it from there... I was thinking it would be a nice little way of doing a formal meet n greet. Actually, i'd find it quite weird -in a funny way- to meet someone who's from Melbourne at Supernova lol. So, what say you?

I'd like to get to know other He-Fans and She-Ravers from interstate just as much but logistically (Mattel's influence lol) it's a bit more difficult. Instead, i'm gonna try to be more active in our thread if that helps.

Obviously, i'm all for the meet-up at Supernova (depending on circumstances) and i have some (perhaps irrelevant lol) questions:

* I know names for our He-Man 'fan club' and t-shirt designs have been put forth but what else needs to be considered so that it can gain some steam?

* Depending on the circumstances, could Supernova be considered an 'official' beginning of the Aussie He-Man fan club since a lot of us (i'm assuming) will be in attendance?

* Have there been any meet-ups that involved a number of fans getting together to geek out and talk in general in the past?

I would be up for a Melbourne meet up at some stage in the near future. Unfortunately I can't make Supernova in Sydney.

Darkspecter - I just purchased the Aussie release of the first 6 disk DVD collection of the NA toon for $20.00 on ebay! Just thought I'd mention it, cause I'm quite happy with that price! lol I honestly cannot even remember watching this cartoon as kid, so it should be interesting...

Lorde trooper - A fellow Gygor fan huh? So far he's my fav too. One hell-of-an ape-like beast lol!

Favorite character for the good guys is definitely He-Man for me.

If we're talking villians, then Skeletor, Beastman, Goatman and Whiplash would be my all-time favs (so many to choose from lol)

With the exception of He-Man and the Pre-Eternia characters I find the villains to be far more interesting...
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 18, 2011 at 03:52am.