Page 280 of 292 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 7291

Thread: Australians out there

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I did start building a Forum, maybe I should go tinker with it some more!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Mine got lost along the way and was returned to Matty. They said that they have sent me another but I don't believe it until I see it but regardless of how it goes, I have lost $10 on it since they made me pay for shipping again when they re-sent it.
    That's disgusting! So many companies send stuff for free, out of courtesy, in situations like this. Not Matt-El! Customer goodwill be damned!

EDIT:

Posted elsewhere, but thought I'd better here too... for those who don't check other threads ... Kobra Khan arrived today. Wow - what an amazing figure!
    Last edited by Robzy; May 4, 2012 at 10:23am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Mine came via Sweden. Maybe they think we're in Austria?!
    yeah for some reason the shipping boxes state 'product of china' but are shipped via sweden... Since I got my last order in 7 days ( kobra kahn) I'm just forking out for the faster postage. I reckon its worth it.

This arrived today:

Surprisingly quick for Matty shipping, about 3 weeks! Since the sub is here, the day of sales shouldn't be too far away.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    1 x Thunder Punch He-man arrived today, just waiting for my other one now BEFORE I OPEN HIM UP, I REALLY WANT TO READ THAT COMIC.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Glad to see some of us getting our TP HM, mine arrived today as well. I have to admit, I haven't felt happier about a He-Man variant so far in the line but there's something about TP HM in a sense where the more i look and admire, the more i like! Now just for Draego to arrive to top things off for this month...

Oh and Yellow Lion arrived too. Stands out nicely with the yellow paint app. But out of all the Lions, Green Lion is the one i'm least looking forward to. Not just with Voltron Classics but even in the vintage toy line as well. Saving the best two for last is cool with me though...
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    TP He-man and Draego showed up on Wednesday.

Plus I got to Lobos and grabbed a Gwildor to finish of my 80's collection, minus the laserlights, giants and spinners. I also got a Laserbolt and some of the trading cards. Awesome shop. Plus the guys working there are huge fans and great to talk to!

Tp He-man always make me think he has special toilet paper throwing powers!
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    where is Lobos? is there a website?
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    They have no website yet. It's in Victoria, 503 High street, Northcote. It is EPIC. Usually I hate that word but it is the only one I can think of that fits. Loads of vintage, and MOTUC. Some 200X. But the high light is the display. Some many figures so many good looking background pieces. Plus they have a wonderbread He-man, Laserlight He-man, boxed Eternia, box Snake mountain and Grayskull. I saw a boxed Megator but it had been sold. I was literally having a toygasm. Sooooooo rad.
    Last edited by flaming_knob; May 13, 2012 at 05:47pm.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Got TP HM this past week (and Wun-Dar for my loose collection as well) and i have to say i'm really digging these He-Man variants side by side! Can't wait for Draego to get here now...
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Opened up my 2nd dreago-man today and boy his a nice addition to the line, the 4HM done a bang up job on him. Really hoping his armor and whip will come along later with another character. The wing span is pretty impressive.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Draego is AMZING!!!! and also I am working on my apologie to my beloved scotty..regards Photog!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

was up at 1am Weddnesday to order Stinkor etc. Went the international shipping option again (about $45 shipping) & already got notification they've shipped today - with a tracking number - that IS TRACKABLE - & an estimated delivery day for next Tuuesday. AWESOME SAUCE!!!

I think I really like the new .org rules. There have been some posters who I am not much of a fan of and it seems they have been given a forced holiday. Hopefully now they will pull their heads in

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blogjammer View Post
    was up at 1am Weddnesday to order Stinkor etc. Went the international shipping option again (about $45 shipping) & already got notification they've shipped today - with a tracking number - that IS TRACKABLE - & an estimated delivery day for next Tuuesday. AWESOME SAUCE!!!
    I'm a subscriber and I'm not even treated this well. I've got the ups shipping method (like yours) and still nothing, it seems to have disappeared from my order history also, a bit worrying. No Mekaneck sneak peak email also, saw him though, looks immaculate.

Edit: Ah, right. Just read and found out now about the Spector delay, that's why.
    Last edited by Master of Disguise; May 19, 2012 at 01:03am.
    Go Home And Be A Family He-Man!

I'm rolling thunder pouring rain
    I'm coming on like a hurricane Hordak
    My lightning's flashing across the sky
    You're only young but you're gonna die
    I won't take no prisoners won't spare no lives
    Nobody's putting up a fight
    I got my bell I'm gonna take you to Despondos
    I'm gonna get ya Hordak get ya

Ahh see I didn't order Spector. Just 2x Stinkor, 2x Snake Mountain stands & a King Hsss. Cant wait till Tuesday - can't wait to smell Stinkor :/

hi guys , i am trying to chase down a name and phone number to a collectors shop in Melbourne that has a vintage MISB Eternia Playset for sale????
    I have the power

Quote Originally Posted by matty590 View Post
    hi guys , i am trying to chase down a name and phone number to a collectors shop in Melbourne that has a vintage MISB Eternia Playset for sale????
    It is called Lobo's. I don't know the number

Yay - finally got my Thunderpunch He-Man (one of my favourites as a kid!! ) and Draego Man. Both are simply amazing!

TP He-man looks so incredible, I love the way the 4H pulled it off. The mini-comic is a bit of a let down... the artwork seems amateurish in some frames, but then the vintage art wasn't always spot on (so maybe they're paying homage). I'm nit-picking, but it's not as "amazing" as I thought/hoped it would be. Still, the figure MORE than makes up for that! He is terrific!

And Draego-Man... well, what can I say? THIS is the standard that all the anniversary sculpts should be at. Forget Spector and Co, Draego-Man leaves them all for dead thus far. He's freeeeakin huge in the packaging and looks amazing when he's out! This is one of the best sculpts/designs we've had in the last year IMO. I know people want to slag off at Scott for TMS... but personally, I think that particular design is just derivative, boring and lazy compared to, say, Draego! I think that's where my criticism comes from anyway. I'll give credit where it's due... Draego-man richly deserves it! Well done 4H!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

I just did an epic opening marathon on quite a few figures. I hadn't opened any since before Hurricane Hordak and I still had a Megator to open.

Unfortunately, it all started badly when I opened Megator. As I was moving his arm it actually broke at the elbow joint. It is still connected, hanging by a thread and can't be seen when looking at him but the fact that I know it is broken absolutely kills me. I have already bought another one on ebay to replace it. I will be much more careful when I open the new one and the broken one will get the zombie head and be the Zombie Megator with decaying arm

In the marathon of figures I had to open there are some brilliant figures. I was so overwhelmed with them.

Demo-Man is very good. I didn't realise how good he was until I had opened him up. Obviously there is the Alcala head that everyone fawned over but the figure stands up (and stands out) so well on its own.

Kobra Kahn gets a special mention but his elbow joints were very, very tight and after the Megator saga I didn't want to risk another damaged figure. Between you and me, I am so glad his little friend was not called Pixel in the end

Thunder Punch He-Man is easily my favourite version of He-Man so far. We need more blast effect clip ons in this line. That really makes the figure POP

Shadow Weaver is pretty cool in the fact that she finally got released but the figure isn't all that great once she is out of the package. I was more careful with her when opening than any other figure because she is so much harder to replace if she was broken.

And the two best figures are probably easy to guess. Draego-Man and Fisto are two of the best figures in the line so far. If I wasn't so set in my ways I would so they are better than my all time favourite figure, Trap Jaw (although Trap Jaw will always win solely because you can make him two different characters).

Draego-Man is about as deluxe a figure as you can get. He has so much bulk and so much shelf presence that he almost looks out of place. But be damned with nostalgia, Draego-Man has every right (even more so than others) to be firmly entrenched in MOTU lore. I don't care if the rest of the 30th Anniversary line is full of Mighty Spectors and Sir Lazer Lots, Draego-Man more than makes up for their short falls. There is not a figure in the line so far that looks as menacing as Draego-Man.

Lastly, Fisto. I tried to not get wrapped up in the hype with this figure because ultimately it can end up being a let down. That is certainly not the case with Fisto. Holy crap, what a figure
    Fisto is the the Chuck Norris of MOTU. I tend not to display different looks for the same figure (variants aside) but I now wish I bought an extra just because. I actually feel like the figure is going to kick my arse if I look at it wrong.

It may have started bad with Megator but it ended so well with Draego-Man and Fisto. I can see myself taking these two around the house wherever I go for the next few days. Awesome figures and I am so glad I waited to open them

ok so they've even arrived a day early!!! Stinkor is stinking up my desk at work and is awesome! King hiss is pretty mediocre though. Snake mountain stands look great but most of all the international shipping option rules!!! Can't believe I had to wait 6 weeks the old way!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

thanks the Fallen
    I have the power

Quote Originally Posted by matty590 View Post
    thanks the Fallen
    No prob

ok so they've even arrived a day early!!! Stinkor is stinking up my desk at work and is awesome! King hiss is pretty mediocre though. Snake mountain stands look great but most of all the international shipping option rules!!! Can't believe I had to wait 6 weeks the old way!
    Yeah, it's good because it's fast. Some things that suck...

- Expensive, so need to order a number of figures to make it economical. I wouldn't bother unless it's 5 or more figures.
    - If Matty takes ages to ship it out, it almost defeats the purpose of selecting this shipping. This has happened to me before and ****** me right off.

I'm happy with the slower method. Usually takes a monthish. Only major delay I've had was my December Wind Raider order and the Cyber Monday orders from late last year.

I don't think anyone actually posts in here any more. This thread has become pretty dead. I don't know why I am even posting in here someone might reply

I have been slowly building a new display area in my "man cave" in what was the spare back room. It is 4 metres long and can hold 8 shelves, although I only have 4 shelves on it right now. It has taken a while to complete but the finished product looks awesome if I must say myself.

I have managed to fit every single figure released so far (with the exception of the Star Sisters because of the box size) with the MOC figure behind the loose figure and it is certainly a sight to behold. I can't believe how many figures we have so far, it is quite awe inspiring when they are all together. I have 3 spots spare for the figures currently in transit but I am going to have to get more shelves real soon.

I will take a picture and post it tomorrow (the kids are going to sleep right now)

Heroic Warrior
    Much like TheFallen, I recently had an epic opening day. It consisted of Blazing Sword Voltron, Kobra Khan, Fisto and ... Shadow Weaver (the latter being thanks to an ozfigurama member as I don't have a subscription).

After all the glowing reviews, I was a little disappointed with Voltron. It was more to do with the poor paint application than the actual figure, although I really dislike the "slanted" legs. I understand that they were drawn that way, but it's not like the blue and yellow lions would actually change shape in that way. It takes away from the impression that Voltron is actually five separate lions as they look too much like natural/humanoid legs. Otherwise, it is a pretty impressive. Not really worth $30.00 plus shipping that I paid though.

Kobra Khan is another great MOTUC figure and although I thought I'd prefer the vintage head, it had very poor paint application on one of the eyes, so the "hooded" head won the day. He's currently in the "green" corner of my Evil Warriors collection (along with Tri-Klops and Mer-Man), but I'll change things up eventually so that they don't look like they've been sorted by colour (when everyone knows that action figures should be displayed alphabetically).

Fisto is pretty much perfect. His mega-fist is stuck, so I can't rotate it without fear of breaking the joint, but otherwise the figure is pretty much perfect. The only 200X element I ended up liking was the head, but I'm sure I'll utilise the belt and giant sword from time to time in the display.

Last, but definitely not least, is Shadow Weaver. Although she has a simple design, the figure is really impressive. I'm not a huge fan of the way that the cape/cloak was done as it really restricts the articulation in the shoulders and makes it difficult to have her hands in-front (as opposed to out the side). Still, it's pretty remarkable to have a Shadow Weaver action figure and she now takes pride of place beside Hordak.