Page 11 of 291 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Australians out there

Cosmic Enforcer

Finally i post again - too much time in the misty mountains i say

Hey kiddies, i tried to post a really long message on the weekend and my connection dropeed out just as it was sending, and alas the message was lost

However, most of what I was saying is irrelevant, however......
    He-boy, if you are still interested in those buzz-offs, A week back (so this info is probably useless now) toyworld dandenong had one, and target fountain gate. Also today I saw one in k-mart chirnside park, dont no if you're anywhere near those places.

im going to check the guide in a minute to see if motu is on this weekend, i have a sneakings suspicion it wont be, but u never know. Was the three part episode the beginning screened on ten this year, because the guide didnt say MOTU was starting, it was just on one weekend, the first episode i caught was the courage of adam. so i never saw keldor at all, or kronis, grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Also I have original sy-klone, orko, and mekanek, and may soon have a chase fisto. Also also, i have an evil-lyn on her way, oooooooooh, how exciting. And she will be for sale kiddies.........

party on eternians

Cosmic,

PS guys, i wish there was a zodak emoticon

Cosmic Enforcer
    silly me never noticed that more button before under the he's and skel's

Oh also i have that excellent skeltor repaint coming, you know the one, that's all black and gold and orange and stuff.....

Actually, I got a buzz-off. Lately, things have been really horrible for me. MoTU related, I spent several hundred dollars on a huge MoTU lot on ebay and now, several weeks later, it looks like I was the victim of fraud. That's where Buzz-Off comes in. He was part of the eBay lot, so I passed on him when he was released here. When I realized that my package wasn't likely to arrive I thought it best that I hunt one down.

I've been really down about it.

I am quite aware of the evil people who creep around on eBay, but this seller had 100% feedback, has been around since 2001 with over 100 positive responses, so the likelihood of being ripped off surely had to be low. I'm hoping my bank will help me recover the money.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy
    Actually, I got a buzz-off. Lately, things have been really horrible for me. MoTU related, I spent several hundred dollars on a huge MoTU lot on ebay and now, several weeks later, it looks like I was the victim of fraud. That's where Buzz-Off comes in. He was part of the eBay lot, so I passed on him when he was released here. When I realized that my package wasn't likely to arrive I thought it best that I hunt one down.

I am quite aware of the evil people who creep around on eBay, but this seller had 100% feedback, has been around since 2001 with over 100 positive responses, so the likelihood of being ripped off surely had to be low. I'm hoping my bank will help me recover the money.

I know you have propbably already done this,, but have you contacted ebay and told them of this dirtbag?
    i have been very lucky on ebay, i am very careful when sellers have zero feedback, but to have 100% responses and still be a letdown
    Some guy had the same problem on the heman forum on the toy news international website, he was told to get legal help , have a look here
    http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1973356

hope this helps,

How did you pay for it??? If it was via Credit card, then definitely take it up with your credit card company. They'll definitely be able to help you. If it was via Direct Deposit.....well..not much you can do unfortunately. The banks are very limited in what they can do (ie nothing at all)
    Remember kiddies, ALWAYS pay via credit card, that way at least if something does go wrong, you have some form of recourse.

thanks guys! I did pay through credit card (paypal) and plan to see the bank tomorrow. It's a really weird case. I am totally aware of the signs of a bad trader/seller, but this guy doesn't display any. His responses seem so genuine -and he still respondeds to my e-mails (so far). He is telling me that he used UPS (a courier service) but they sent it regular post ?? with no tracking number. I called UPs (australia AND in the states and they said that every package has a tracking number??!!)

The stoopid thing is that it was covered by 'paypal protection' for 30 days and I didn't know it was only available for such a short time (I usually don't consider a package "lost" unitl 4 weeks pass). So now paypal won't do anything to help that note down my complaint (for filing - all the good that will do!).

If I get my money back, I will be over the moon, but I SO wanted the figures

My gut feeling is saying that he is being reponsive and polite in an attempt to stretch it out until it is too late to do anything. I should go with my gut.

I have bought off this alpha tiger ebay company alot, very professional,
    http://stores.ebay.com/Alpha-Tiger-Enterprises

just tell the seller every package has a tracking number and you cant find it, was it insured?

No insurance, the shipping was $198USD as is, which is courier rates. I'm in e-mail discussion with him right now and everything points to him using UPS, except for the tracking number. I have given him until the morning (our time) to find the number.

Cosmic Enforcer
    Sorry to hear of your bad luck he-boy. Hope everything works out okay for ya buddy.

I bid recently for a German Keldor and was unpleasantly surprised to find that i'd made proxy bids ABOVE my highest bid?????

Has anyone had this experience before?

Anyway, if its any consolation figures today were $12 at target!!!!!
    I've noticed whiplash is quite popular too... Is he a repaint, because I compared my wave R version with my original that came on red card, and the newer version is a bit darker round the head.....

Anyone got any word yet, on how much Stealth armor He-man with Buzz Off title is worth? Has anyone else come across one? I know every Beastman on green card says Merman, but this fella seems to be a rarity indeed.

Is He-man on this weekend?

Also how do I attach a piccie to my posts
    and how do i change that little descriptiony thing the one that says you're a sorceror, or a widget, or a whatever

Okay, just checked guys, the show that was on instead of motu last week is on at 8am, and the big cheese is back to 1 1/2hr, so fingers crossed for us who don't have cartoon network or vcds

Cant wait to see odiphus turn into stinkor

The first lot of new figs I brought from overseas was a massive lot I got off ebay - 3 boxes. The first arrived 6 weeks after I won the auction, the second and third another 4 weeks after that. So there is still a chance it will arrive, don't panic to hard.
    I have had quite a few things get delayed in the post. Currently I have a fright zone in limbo (which i have written off) and a terror tread that is late (It better come!)

killjoy

dude i got done by a low life over a modulock in box, lost me doe, ebay did nothing, bank told me (direct deposit) could not help. With a Credit card you can fill in a form to retrieve your doe. i wish i could remember there name but i cant he was bar'd i read the feedback nothing to say watch this guy then his last 20 sales all negative.
    Voltron dvd prob thats strange i brought monsters inc and the 2nd disc wont play only bad disc ive got from ezy-dvd. maybe thats why starblazers is late, madman havent gotten back too me but.

To date I havnt bought anything on ebay for that very reason....scared of being ripped off. I much prefer to buy at online stores because I think it tends to give me an inflated sense of security. I feel sorry for you guys who have been ripped by these low lifes.

Actually it unfortunately looks like the guy am dealing with is genuine and just really unclear in his communication (he stated it was sent through a courier, but it looks like he sent it regular post, possibly even surface - which takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R).

The reason it is unfortunate is that the item is more likely lost than not sent. I actually called the store he sent it through (in the US!) and they cleared quite a few things up. If you read a crazy-excited post from me, it means the VERY LATE package arrived. Finger still crossed (and turning blue - who said I wasn't an optimist - LOL)

Actually it unfortunately looks like the guy am dealing with is genuine and just really unclear in his communication (he stated it was sent through a courier, but it looks like he sent it regular post, possibly even surface - which takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R).

The reason it is unfortunate is that the item is more likely lost than not sent. I actually called the store he sent it through (in the US!) and they cleared quite a few things up. If you read a crazy-excited post from me, it means the VERY LATE package arrived. Finger still crossed (and turning blue - who said I wasn't an optimist - LOL)
    I wish you all the luck....give us a yell if or should I say WHEN it arrives!!

killjoy
    guys and gals it a time to cast a vote head over here http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=14713
    http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=14714
    and check this out im a member and its great to hear and have a say in what you what to see on dvd.

Samurai Pizza Cats winning???? Why in the hell would anyone want THAT???!!!

killjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankos
    Samurai Pizza Cats winning???? Why in the hell would anyone want THAT???!!!
    man i hope they do it for 1, spc was funny as. but along with motu and thundercats & ulysses 31 too

i remember there is a little kid with his mother who always says samething odd about the cats while they fly through the air. the have cat-a-tonic like voltron but a cat...

needs for trades

Hey guys and gals.

Anyone over there need anything from the states. I have some extras of some figures, although recent trades with fellow orgers have depleted my supply, and I would like to make some trades. I need the man e faces on snake card, and the ice armor skelly. I have extra buzz offs on red card, extra chase man e faces with maroon gun on red card, as well as a few other figs. No more Teelas or Evil Lyns though, all traded out here. Anyways, if anyone is interested, pm me or email me. bernieandmarje@neandertech.com

The way I do this is I ship first, and pay the shipping costs for that. When you get your figs, you do the same. I do this to assure the trust factor on my part. Anyways, without further rambling, I'm out.....

Reporting in.

Here is what I have to date.

Normal He-Man
    Wolf He-Man
    Normal Skeletor
    Snake-Skeletor
    Teela
    Evil-Lyn
    Zodak
    Man-At-Arms
    Fisto
    Ram-Man
    Trap-Jaw
    Orko
    Beast-Man
    Mer-Man
    Meck-A-Neck
    Buzz-Off
    Whip-Lash
    Battle-Cat
    Panthor

Slime Pit
    Castle-GreySkull
    Last edited by Granazoarmyr; October 1, 2004 at 08:17pm.

New Skeletor repaint

it must be sold some where in Australia? Take a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....924613970&rd=1

Quote Originally Posted by Oz cap He-Fan
    it must be sold some where in Australia? Take a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....924613970&rd=1

Interesting!
    Might have to go for a look at my local K-Marts this arvo.
    "I find the movie "Annie" totally unbelievable. Given the option, who would adopt a ranga?"

Mean-Girls.org
    Are you a "Plastic"?

Treat your customers with respect, NO MORE PAINTED BLACK PLASTIC MATTEL!!

Interesting, though I think I've seen that seller auctioning off heaps of other MOTU in the past that never made it here, I THINK.

i have brought of that seller before, not MOTU
    better go have a look and see if he is out,would be so cool if there was new stuff again.

I stoped off a K mart today,nothing new as yet though.
    Four Horsemen = TALENT
    Mattel = ???????

Finally got here in Bendigo. Picked up Ice Armour Skeletor, Buzz Off and that ridiculous Snake Crush Skeletor. Didn't bother with any of the others I have them with their original paints which look tons better and I just hate the new He-Man figure so I won't buy any more of him. I doubt I'll by the variants for any others except for Skeletor. At just under $15 I may consider it though.

I think Grayskull was about $65.