Page 145 of 292 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 7293

Thread: Australians out there

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    My tytus arrived today too, and as is expected he's missing his Vax! other than that a STUNNING figure! great paint!

Last edited by Staff Of Ka; May 5, 2010 at 04:30am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

the paint is awesome, definitely my favourite figure so far

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Wun Dar came out good. Even though I have two, I'm gonna find it hard to open either of them.
    I was thinking the same, i thought that if i dont open it then maybe years down the track it would be worth a few hundred dollars but thought ah bugga it and let my girls rip him open. Watching them open the figures is priceless.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I was thinking the same, i thought that if i dont open it then maybe years down the track it would be worth a few hundred dollars but thought ah bugga it and let my girls rip him open. Watching them open the figures is priceless.
    Ha, my son was really bummed I wouldn't let him have a Wun Dar. I opened one and let him see it but I can't bring myself to give him the second Wun Dar

Also what was the deal with that bag on the figures this month!?!? My wife brought them home from her work demanding to know what I bought that was so big and expensive! :P
    Last edited by Gimporama; May 5, 2010 at 05:41am.

Tytus is very impressive AJ!!

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    I can't believe how many people are obtaining Tytus so early! Congrats

Oh by the way, I finally recieved my Wun-dars and Evil-Lyn's! Oh happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex The Kid View Post
    I can't believe how many people are obtaining Tytus so early!
    I know! How many did this guy have to sell?

Oh by the way, I finally recieved my Wun-dars and Evil-Lyn's! Oh happy days!
    Great stuff Alex! What do you think of the map?
    I'm prolly gonna get mine laminated and hang it on the wall in my spare room...

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    I know! How many did this guy have to sell?
    From 70-110, last i looked he was at 70 but i think he sold off another batch after that. I was going to get one but glad i didnt now. I asked the seller for pics but got none & noticed L>T bought some but wouldnt pay till the seller sent pics. Did you end up getting the 2 you ordered L.T?

A big thanks to He-boy for hooking me up with a Weapons pak!!
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

At least hopefully all of these eBay sales will make it easier to get Tytus through Mattycollector.

I keep forgetting about the map. I haven't even unfolded mine yet. I'm not really that excited about it. I really want a figure checklist next time.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    I just hope those numbers aren't subtracted from the overall amount Matty actually produced!

The Map is nice. Didn't blow me away or anything. I'm tossing up between laminating it like all my other MOTU posters or finding a 20x30 frame for it... probably go the frame!

I just hope those numbers aren't subtracted from the overall amount Matty actually produced!

The Map is nice. Didn't blow me away or anything. I'm tossing up between laminating it like all my other MOTU posters or finding a 20x30 frame for it... probably go the frame!
    I bought two of the artworks from gallery 1988, so they are on the 'Framing' list a lot higher than the Map-Which I hafta admit was a big let down!

As for the Tytus totals, well I figured that since TG ALWAYS says the products take about two months to arrive at the distribution centre, that the total Matty order had/has been filled well before the Asian seller listed his. So Im sure (personally) that the full matty order will be on sale on the 16th, However Im sure that if he sells out in 2 minutes, the boards will light up with threads along the lines of 'Tytus sells out, after asian seller steals product' etc!

Any excuse!lol
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; May 6, 2010 at 11:41pm.

[/CENTER]

How many of us are planning on buying Tytus?
    I'm planning on 2... One to open, one MIB.

Im hoping for 1, wouldve been 2 but, now I have one loose!

But if I miss out its no big deal. I only have 1 BC so Its not like I NEED a tytus MIB!

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by skelehorde View Post
    From 70-110, last i looked he was at 70 but i think he sold off another batch after that. I was going to get one but glad i didnt now. I asked the seller for pics but got none & noticed L>T bought some but wouldnt pay till the seller sent pics. Did you end up getting the 2 you ordered L.T?

A big thanks to He-boy for hooking me up with a Weapons pak!!
    Nope, the seller never sent me any pics or replies, i was a bit suss when he sold as many as he did, if i got the pic of them complete i would had paid straight away.

I really want a figure checklist next time.
    A checklist would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Im sure that if he sells out in 2 minutes, the boards will light up with threads along the lines of 'Tytus sells out, after asian seller steals product' etc!

Any excuse!lol
    I can totally see that happening. He will be the blame for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    How many of us are planning on buying Tytus?
    I'm planning on 2... One to open, one MIB.
    Im trying to get 4, 3 for me and 1 for a friend.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

sorry in advance, i'm drunk... but have i mised something apart from an 's'? How the hell can this chinese f**wit cash in on the Masters line??? And as beloved collectors, how can some of us endorse this crap by forking over the coin? hahaha! Why would anyone buy a pre-release Tytus with a broken weapon? what a joke! if i paid that much for a non-complete loose figure with a broken weapon, i'd be asking u all to slap me in tha face and call me cookoo calliwaggy!!! but thats just me i guess, Tytus 80s vintage with real hair = WOW! collector item - 2010 Classic = "Meh" average - definately not the best figure in the series, IMO probably the worst... i'll grab one but he's not in my top ten classics by any means ... Battle Cat ? Now thas the shiiiiizzzzz!!!!

KS

The same could be said for all the sellers, pre selling Tytus at double the price. Sure they are buying them legitimately then on selling, but it is still profiteering . Nobody truly knows how this guy got the Tytus figures, only assumptions which became a witch hunt in that thread. Was my $70 to some guy in China going to put Mattel out of business, No it wasnt. I am happy with what i got, sure i didn't get a complete weapon, but thats the risk i took.

Anyhow nearly all prototypes, hard copies and wax sculpts go out through the back door from the factories, and people buy them up with no problems.. Some do come from original sculptors, but rarely.. I use to collect them, and 2 figures i brought direct from the original sculptors, the rest was through a friend and he sourced them from the factories etc...

Quote Originally Posted by the power of 3 View Post
    The same could be said for all the sellers, pre selling Tytus at double the price. Sure they are buying them legitimately then on selling, but it is still profiteering . Nobody truly knows how this guy got the Tytus figures, only assumptions which became a witch hunt in that thread. Was my $70 to some guy in China going to put Mattel out of business, No it wasnt. I am happy with what i got, sure i didn't get a complete weapon, but thats the risk i took.

Anyhow nearly all prototypes, hard copies and wax sculpts go out through the back door from the factories, and people buy them up with no problems.. Some do come from original sculptors, but rarely.. I use to collect them, and 2 figures i brought direct from the original sculptors, the rest was through a friend and he sourced them from the factories etc...
    Absolutely, In fact i was recently offered a couple of MOTUC proto/1st shots but i decided against it, not because of any moral reasons, but that i feel the price was ludicrous for a couple of rainbow plastic figures!

And as power of 3 stated, I too am VERY happy with my vacuumless Tytus! Ill still line up to give Mattel my money for 1 more, so its a win win -Plus I believe fully that the FULL mattel shipment is already in the warehouse in the USA, so no guilt and no regrets here!

[/CENTER]

Yeah im pretty sure Mattel have there full quota for the 17th of May or whenever its sale is on, i guess alot of people went for this Tytus because of the price (it was the same as Matty, well 1 cent less but whos counting) and some cant be at there screens to order Tytus so didnt have a great deal off options.

For me it had to be complete or its a no go, and it wasnt a go for me as the buyer didnt/wouldnt supply pics, otherwise i would had paid and not worry about getting up at 2 in the morning on sale day.

Personally im really looking forward to Tytus, like Pixel Dan said this is probably as close i will come to the real thing.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

U dudes are whack! But I admire ur enthusiasm and hardcore collecting!! Haha I undrstand if they're cast in different resin or prototypes or something like that, but these are just factory wastes are they not?

My guess is that they are "extras" that the factory happened to make.

There is the debate over whether it is bad (for the health of the line) to buy from this ebay seller but if Mattel made normal quantities in the first place there would be no black market.

My guess is that they are "extras" that the factory happened to make.

There is the debate over whether it is bad (for the health of the line) to buy from this ebay seller but if Mattel made normal quantities in the first place there would be no black market.
    Very well said! and lets face it...Matty will still sell out. so mattel wont worry too much!

[/CENTER]

Very well said! and lets face it...Matty will still sell out. so mattel wont worry too much!
    Yeah, they'll sell out in 3 mins and we'll get the whole "MOTUC has the Power!" speech from TG while heaps of people miss out.

hahahahahahaha! Touche'

My tytus arrived today too, and as is expected he's missing his Vax! other than that a STUNNING figure! great paint!
    Nice pic mate, Tytus is certainly impressive! Hope i can get one come sale day.

One thing ive picked up in the last few years is the detail and paint apps on figures, we got the Toy Story 3 figures in yesterday and there is sloppy paint marks all over these figures.

Anyone else that normally gets the UPS express shipping thinking of getting the slower option. I think i will as Tytus will cost an arm and a leg with freight and if last months anything to go by the slower option is alot quicker now.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!