Page 150 of 292 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 7291

Thread: Australians out there

Today I went to a Mega Toy Fair that we have every year in Adelaide. There were heaps of vintage figures, but there was also a guy selling MOTUC. I could not believe how much he was asking. $55 a figure and $160 for Tytus

Quote Originally Posted by Grange Wallis View Post
    I'm a new Aussie to the board, thought I'd just say G'day to you all... I collect MOTUC!
    Another Melbournian - Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    Just got my renewals too! And I finally got to see Tytus as my wife tucked them away for my birthday.

Hey I thought I would share this. I've had the He-Man cake tin for years but this year my wife made the effort to use it for my Birthday cake. What do you guys think?

She added the text to the shield later but I was pretty impressed for her first try!
    Happy Birthday! Just remember, Tytus' weapon will ruin the paint on Trap Jaw!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Today I went to a Mega Toy Fair that we have every year in Adelaide. There were heaps of vintage figures, but there was also a guy selling MOTUC. I could not believe how much he was asking. $55 a figure and $160 for Tytus
    I suppose that is the cost of convenience, though eBay is MUCH cheaper.

I am so glad to see Carnivus. I am surprised to read some other people's responses. And I can't wait to see more of Grizzlor.

Yeah, I saw that one too... he had a lot of other stuff that was over-priced as well. I really get annoyed at this kind of profiteering... I actually had a chat to him, and he was from Melbourne. He had come over for the Fair, but he was definitely charging waaaayy more than he should've been.

On a different note, I saw the original MOTU 1987 Movie on DVD at Kmart today. Pretty cool - but it's a shame that they misspelled Grayskull as "Greyskull" on the back of the DVD cover...
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Yeah, I saw that one too... he had a lot of other stuff that was over-priced as well. I really get annoyed at this kind of profiteering... I actually had a chat to him, and he was from Melbourne. He had come over for the Fair, but he was definitely charging waaaayy more than he should've been.

On a different note, I saw the original MOTU 1987 Movie on DVD at Kmart today. Pretty cool - but it's a shame that they misspelled Grayskull as "Greyskull" on the back of the DVD cover...

I love those fairs at wayville, whens the next one? we should all go together, its always more fun with people who know what your on about! I took my other half one year! spent the entire day explaining why things were cool!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I love those fairs at wayville, whens the next one? we should all go together, its always more fun with people who know what your on about! I took my other half one year! spent the entire day explaining why things were cool!
    Next year it will be June 4th-5th. This was my second Toyfair and it was much larger than last years.

I still can't get over that seller with Tytus for $160. He also had a a few Battle Cats but I don't know how much they were. Maybe Robzy knows
    I don't mind people selling for a few more dollars over cost but not profiteering. There is also a seller there who sells DCUC and they are at the reasonable price of $25.
    With ebay as big as it is now I am suprised these sellers even attempt to price themselves completely out of the game

Next year it will be June 4th-5th. This was my second Toyfair and it was much larger than last years.

I still can't get over that seller with Tytus for $160. He also had a a few Battle Cats but I don't know how much they were. Maybe Robzy knows
    I don't mind people selling for a few more dollars over cost but not profiteering. There is also a seller there who sells DCUC and they are at the reasonable price of $25.
    With ebay as big as it is now I am suprised these sellers even attempt to price themselves completely out of the game
    Cool will hafta give me a heads up a month before and Ill make sure I get time off to get there!

I went to one a few years ago -Actually I was working there as security- and saw some amazing things! What i REALLY want is a Cardboard Death Star (SW) I had one as a Very young child and It got trashed, but I saw one there and have wanted to go back and hopefully buy it ever since!

Ps Has anyone in Aus received shipping confirm? the yanks are getting theres.

[/CENTER]

Well I have fallen in love with this line again. I ran out of display room and with Tytus, and the other large beasts, I needed to make some more room.

I still had figs from Moss-Man up to Optikk in the white mailers but now they are free from that prison and soon to be free from their card prison. All my MOTUC has now been moved into the family room as a main feature piece next to my snakes. I have put the loose figs onto the Battle Stands with the MOC figs behind them. It looks pretty good. I will take a pic once I have everything where I want it.

In doing all this it has made me appreciate the figs, the sculpts and everything else all over again. This really is the best line on the market today. There is nothing that we all ready know about that makes me cringe, from Carnivus to Mo-Larr it is all so superb. I truly believe that anything made in this line will look outstanding, and I am even including non-MOTUC characters like Bravestarr and Blackstar. If they were done in this style they would look just as good.

Well this has become a bit of a rant but I am stopping myself because I could go on. Sorry if you had to read it

Glad to read it mate! Its great to see you get your passion for MOTUC back!

[/CENTER]

Glad to read it mate! Its great to see you get your passion for MOTUC back!
    It has been waning. And having no time lately to peruse the board didn't help much either.

It is the perfect time to get my passion back, Mo-Larr is just around the corner

Oh yeah, and something about some new reveals at SDCC but no one cares about that, Mo-Larr is the priority

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    I just want to give a Big Thank You to AJ (S.O.K) for hooking me up with an MOC Tytus!
    Thanks bud & it was highly appreciated!
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Quote Originally Posted by skelehorde View Post
    I just want to give a Big Thank You to AJ (S.O.K) for hooking me up with an MOC Tytus!
    Thanks bud & it was highly appreciated!
    You are more than welcome Buddy! Im always glad to help out! Im hoping I score a spare she-ra for a freind tonight, with the upped production run it should be ok, but im still worried about Keldor!

has anyone received shipping confirm yet? Its starting to bug me that mine will be sent out in the avalanche of Matty items! I thought the deal was subs sent prior!

[/CENTER]

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Well I have fallen in love with this line again. I ran out of display room and with Tytus, and the other large beasts, I needed to make some more room.

I still had figs from Moss-Man up to Optikk in the white mailers but now they are free from that prison and soon to be free from their card prison. All my MOTUC has now been moved into the family room as a main feature piece next to my snakes. I have put the loose figs onto the Battle Stands with the MOC figs behind them. It looks pretty good. I will take a pic once I have everything where I want it.

In doing all this it has made me appreciate the figs, the sculpts and everything else all over again. This really is the best line on the market today. There is nothing that we all ready know about that makes me cringe, from Carnivus to Mo-Larr it is all so superb. I truly believe that anything made in this line will look outstanding, and I am even including non-MOTUC characters like Bravestarr and Blackstar. If they were done in this style they would look just as good.

Well this has become a bit of a rant but I am stopping myself because I could go on. Sorry if you had to read it
    Did you say SNAKES. I wanted to put all of my MOTU in the lounge room but the wife didnt want a bar of it, so it went into the 4th bedroom. Also pls feel to rant, because your right in everything you say about these figs. Im looking forward to Mo-Lar aswell. Undecided whether to buy 2 or just the 1.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Did you say SNAKES.
    , i have some snakes for friends as well. Seth & Jake!!
    @thefallen ,what type of snakes do you have?

Here's a thread i started about petsHere
    Seth

Jake

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Guys,

I uploaded a heap of MotU Chocolate wrapper scans that I kept from when I was a kid:

http://www.he-man.org/merchandising/section.php?id=76

Anyone got anymore to add?

Quote Originally Posted by skelehorde View Post
    , i have some snakes for friends as well. Seth & Jake!!
    Were you into WWE or the old WWF and if so was Jake the Snake your favourite wrestler

On another note i got a MOC Keldor today, this was my 3rd attempt in buying him. Finally i got him. He cost me an arm and a leg.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Guys,

I uploaded a heap of MotU Chocolate wrapper scans that I kept from when I was a kid:

RAD! I was hoping someone would have some scans of these! good work Oz-Scott but...these scans you uploaded are lo-res (72dpi) - (or perhaps the he-man.org cms automatically re-sizes the image to 72dpi to save room on the server) ... what dpi did u have the scanner on when u scanned them? make sure its on 300dpi or higher! ...if u have the hi-res scans, could you possibly email them to me? I would love to have these again!

Who's getting up tonight for Keldor n Friends?

Were you into WWE or the old WWF and if so was Jake the Snake your favourite wrestler
    Ha, no i'm not much of a wrestling fan. He had been named before i got him.

Awesome scans, oz-scott! thanks for sharing them.

Also i Just got my Shipping Confirmation for my sub, She-ras on the way!!

Yo T.J, i'll be trying for a Keldor, if i'm lucky enough to order quick enough.

Guys,

OMG!!!awesome scott! I was only thinking about these the other day! I had em all, but I reckon my mum threw em out years ago -when I moved to Melb- She didnt do it to **** me off, I think from memory she asked me if I wanted em and I said 'Nah' I dont care!

20 years later I care! Im so glad you still have em! I tried to tell someone about em a while back, they didnt believe me!

***Breaking news*** I just received Shipping Confirm too! Amen!

Ill be up for Keldor! do we need the Buddy system? (its ok Gimp-Ill be buzzin your MSN at the appropriate time!lol)
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; June 15, 2010 at 03:31am.

[/CENTER]

haha! Jake was nothin' without Damian & Lucifer

Yo Skelehorde - nice familiars you have there !!
    Good Luck with getting Keldor, I dont have a sub so i've got a full cart tonight - getting an extra keldor so i can give my skelly a cape

***Breaking news*** I just received Shipping Confirm too! Amen!

Ill be up for Keldor! do we need the Buddy system? (its ok Gimp-Ill be buzzin your MSN at the appropriate time!lol)
    Yeah I just got mine too. I dunno, I'm having a really hard time getting excited enough about Keldor to get up tomorrow morning.. Well I should get an extra She-Ra for my daughter.... well ok.... see you tonight

Guys,

I've still got a whole box of the buble gum inthe cupboard. I was thinking about scanning the cards that came with the gum.
    Last edited by Gimporama; June 15, 2010 at 04:18am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    I've still got a whole box of the buble gum inthe cupboard. I was thinking about scanning the cards that came with the gum.
    Cards?

I dont remember there being cards? I only remember the chocolate and the transfer tattoos ... I'm eager to see em tho!

EDIT: BANG! - stooopid brain - just came back to me - the backs all piece together to make a couple of larger images yeah?

Ps Fellas, Page 150! well done! remember when we were told this comfy lil thread would be closed!

happy 150th gang!

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    Cards?

I dont remember there being cards? I only remember the chocolate and the transfer tattoos ... I'm eager to see em tho!

EDIT: BANG! - stooopid brain - just came back to me - the backs all piece together to make a couple of larger images yeah?
    Yeah, some of the cards are stories and screen shots from the cartoons with voice bubbles and text on the back. Then some of the other cards make up a bigger picture, like Skeletor sitting on his throne.

I'm Awesome Sauce! Grange Wallis's Avatar
    Just checking... 2am for Matty collector this time yeah?
    Being a kid in the 80's scarred my life! In an awesome way! so many fantastic cartoons and toylines!!!
    Follow my art & Animations @ my blog! http://grangewallis.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grange Wallis View Post
    Just checking... 2am for Matty collector this time yeah?
    Yep, 2am it is.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!