Page 16 of 292 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Australians out there

Hang in there, fans!

They are only just starting to appear. There should be a higher turn over of stock, this time of year with Christmas approaching. All the best!

Take it easy,
    Darren

Long live "MotU"!
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Cosmic Enforcer

Blood skelley discovered

Well after reading the post in this forum last night, I freaked and thought I may have missed out. Today I found a blood skelley at Kmart Boronia. The only one they had. Dashed down to knox, nothing there, asked the guy, he went out the back, came back like ten minutes later and said come and have a look and brought a stack of figs, alas, nothing new. Whisked myself over to Ringwood, nothing there either. Decided to go back to Boronia and ask but alas was too late, kmart was closed. Might have to take a trip to Fountain Gate and Dandenong tomorrow to check them out. Once again Castle grayskull is at the awesome price of under $64

Yay. Also enjoyed Council of Evil part one this morning.

And thus end my MOTU hunting adventures for today....

Oh, and FINALLY my WAVE S figs from MV have status shipped not pending, hooray.....

Continue the search kiddies,

Cosmic

Has anyone else noticed there seems to be sightings of wave S villians only!!! Maybe we won't get the heroes cases??? Target has a pic of SA He-Man in their catalogue, but that's the only sign we have so far.

Cosmic Enforcer, I'm sure we must have crossed paths at some point.

I didn't think to go to Boronia, but I've been everywhere else. Today I went to First Hill Chase (K-Mart, Big W, Toy Kingdom), then Ringwood (K-Mart, Myer, Big W, Toy Kingdom and Target), then Chirnside Park (K-Mart, Toyworld) and Burwood (K-Mart). The Burwood K-Mart still has Two Bad repaint and King Hsss (and heaps of wave R).

I tried Fountain gate and chadstone yesterday, both target and k-mart and found nothing.

Cosmic Enforcer

yes, sounds about right....

Tried dandenong, and fountain gate today.
    The guy in kmart dandy said some guys came in on thrusday nite and bought about 25 figs.... and that apparently they were rare ones....

Got them to look out the back.... just wave r left.

I think most kmarts have had more wave r with a few boxes of wave s. like a big cake, with thin icing (R being the cake and S being the icing)...

WHo were those greedy guys picking the whole store clean.... hmmmmmm, the hunt continues...

Thanx for the tip off He-boy ill check out burwood 2moro

I wonder if Footscray kmart which i checked out on thursday had some out the back.... where i found a couple of rare minis, man-at-arms and merman.... $3 each, excellent....

Well, even if I can't find them... my wave S cases from MV are on their way... wonder if me she'ras will get here first, or they'll arrive together?

Also melbournites, some obscure kmarts may be the way to go.... Keysborough is a good one, a year ago it had merman, and beastman, plus all the minis.... endeavour hills i think has one.... and possibly doncaster, can't remember....

+ also brandon park... stud park... small obscure kmarts in small shopping centres....

HAPPY HUNTING
    cosmic

I wonder....
    Last edited by Cosmic Enforcer; October 17, 2004 at 09:19am.

killjoy
    went to toys-R-us ACT no dice, manager said they were getting same fri on shelf mo,n asked the guy no-idea nothing was know'n so if they get put out tonite like they did to me with re-issue trans ill be real unhappy the only thing ive found latly was defensor knock-off still looks good $12 target.
    box has superion and devastator on back FYI.

I spoke to my brother in Darwin and the Target there, had King Hiss and Two Bad so even they are getting new figures.

WHAT A GUY

ever searching never finding

Ive looked around the Coast and Newcastle at various stores but nothing new.

__________________________________________________ ______

Stratos: 'Not a fan of the ladies are you Trebek'
    Last edited by WHAT A GUY; October 18, 2004 at 01:52am.

Quote Originally Posted by WHAT A GUY
    Ive looked around the Coast and Newcastle at various stores but nothing new.
    Me too!, also last week checked out k marts at North Rocks and Hornsby with no new sightings. Trying to hang in there but E bay is looking good.

Regards jake
    SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a bit of patience boys!
    R was hard to find too at first, now it's everywhere!

I recieved in the mail 2 packages today, got Snake Armur He-Man, Claw attack Stratos, and the Mech Blade He-Man and Skeletor, been waiting on this one for over 2 months so happy it finally came.

Snake armour He-Man is awesome

Then recieved The Mekanek repaint and Roboto on snake card plus few other figures, got these from loadzone on ebay, he is also a member here, awesome to deal with very happy, so this brings me up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankos
    Have a bit of patience boys!
    R was hard to find too at first, now it's everywhere!

I hear you, but both K-Mart and Target have a sale on MoTU and both have advertised wave S.

My main concern was that, being an aussie, I am jumping at the chance to NOT pay over $20/$30/$60 for my figures (for a change).

I received a few comics from Graham Crackers today;

Vol 3 issue 1 (encyclopedia fold out cover)
    vol 3 issue 5 exclusive
    vol 3 issue 6 exclusive
    Shard of darkness large TPB
    Dark Reflections TPB

They are all so awesome. With the exception of 3 exclusive covers (one being the museum cover), I now have every MVC MoTU comic.

If anyone is considering buying the comic, I honestly cannot reccommend it enough. The gatefold cover is amazing.

visit them here

Exactly right the chance to pay $13 for Snake armour he-man is what we want.
    I have one issue of the comic and really enjoyed it, the artwork and story is great, might pick up a few of them.

The ones I reccomend the most are the trades and "the power of fear" (which has scareglow). The trade paperbacks are REALLY cool. They have all of the covers (exclusives and back covers) and a really cool section at the back with skecthes and concept drawings.

Awesome thanks for the info, they sound great, would really like to see the sketches and concept drawings, will defenitely have to check them out.

Great to see MOTU is live and well in Melbourne. Come Saturday I'll be there with you hunting for figures. I have a fist full of dollars with all kmart and Target locations at the ready. I'm going to go stupid looking for some of these figs. What I'm really after is blood Skele.

Is Evil Lyn being sold in Aussie?

Great to hear mate, you should have no problem at all picking up wave R, hopefully wave S u can find to. Blood Skeletor is awesome great colours, his skin is a shiny blue looks great. I havent seen Evil Lyn anywhere, maybe a comic store in the city, but u might aswell hit ebay or try on the boards cos im sure they would put a hefty price tag on her.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy
    The ones I reccomend the most are the trades and "the power of fear" (which has scareglow). The trade paperbacks are REALLY cool. They have all of the covers (exclusives and back covers) and a really cool section at the back with skecthes and concept drawings.
    Isn't it great!! Who knew Val and co went through SO much to score the comic! The guy is amazing!

h8ted
    No sign of any wave S figs yet where i am in Brisbane, although i work for a discount warehouse, and we have ordered another 6 cases of MOTU toys - last time we got wave R stuff, so with a bit-o-luck maybe this time we may get the S wave.

Also, does anyone know of any MOTU collectors clubs anywhere in the Brisbane area!

Cheers guys!

Hi there H8ted, good to see more Brisbanites! There's a few of us here.
    I scored a Hiss and a Khan today, finally, at Target Carindale. I left a Two Bad, Rattlor, and Blood Skelly.
    I also have some spare issues of the comic, if anyone wants them. I picked up the trades, so don't need the single issues anymore.
    Last edited by KJ_81; October 18, 2004 at 07:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by the power of 3
    Great to hear mate, you should have no problem at all picking up wave R, hopefully wave S u can find to. Blood Skeletor is awesome great colours, his skin is a shiny blue looks great. I havent seen Evil Lyn anywhere, maybe a comic store in the city, but u might aswell hit ebay or try on the boards cos im sure they would put a hefty price tag on her.
    Cheers I really want blood Skeletor big time...thats my main objective.
    I've got an Evil Lyn on order from the U.S...it should arrive any day now...just thought I may score another if there in the shops...but it appears there not.
    Cheers

Hope u find one Viceroy, great feeling finding these figures and seeing them on the shelves again

Cosmic Enforcer

so hard to find, and so worth the search

well melbournites, i checked out burwood kmart (the first ever in australia apparently) and they didnt have the two bads or king hssss, so i scuttled off the brandon park, nothing there, but did score a mekaneck mini.

Finally, i went where i should have gone all along, the first place i looked and the only place i didnt ask them to look out back, of course i did this time, but it was too late...... Well not quite, there was a king hssss on the shelf, so now he's mine, $13, what a score. Every kmart so far has said they are expecting more by november, but really can any of us wait that long.

Also I am bidding on a some green card figs on ebay. $1.50 US at the moment, sure ive been outbid by now, but will place another.

Excellent......

Keep searching guys,

Today my quest takes me to stud park and endeavour hills, i wonder....

Dont forget, if you've got no money, just tuck those MOTU's away on no deposit lay-by, hehehe

AND finally, I have been offered a job for Xmas at Myer, so it'll be like having a man on the inside, maybe myer can get some in. After all, myer's toy stock often moves a bit slower than elsewhere, which is how i scored a $14 Merman and Beastie last year. Only ones in the store...

Cosmic

Viceroy, how long will you be here for, if you cant find blood skelley, let me know he's brand new, and Ill part with him for $15 if you get stuck....

Cosmic Enforcer, sorry to tell you but the (myer) stores have no say in what they receive On the positive side, you should have first dibs on anything that comes in!

I had another cool sighting tonight. On my way home, I stopped into K-mart Burwood, just in case. They had nothing new, BUT, the pegs are well and truly clearing. A few days ago there were too many figures to fit on the pegs and now there are only a few left. But the cool sighting was that there was a guy and a girl there with a few figures looking perplexed. I asked them if they needed help and they said that they were concerned that the Beast Man figure had the name "Mer-Man". I told them that they are all the same. They left and purchased four figures, one of the cats and a bashin beetle (and a slime pit too maybe, there was so much it was hard to tell)

They said it was for their brother's birthday, because he "collects He-Man". I wish my family were that on the ball!

MoTU seems to be selling quite well here in Aus. I would love to know sales figures.