Page 171 of 293 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 7306

Thread: Australians out there

My slow option GyGor & Carnivus just arrived ...

I had the same issue as Staff of Ka ... Carnivus' sheild was bangin around at the bottom of the bubble loose... I did a bit of jiggling and got it sitting nicely on his arm, but not exactly in the groove its supposed to sit in ... I havent checked my other one, its still in the mailer, but I hope his sheild is attached so I can just make this other one my opener.

GyGor is awesome, but i'm still not sold on his colours, I think he coulda been just about any other colour scheme you could imagine and it would look better than yellow n green - but the figure itself is kool as!! dunno, maybe it'll grow on me after i've been lookin at him on my shelf for a while

I am still without a computer. It was only in to get the cooling fan replaced but because it can only be done at an ASUS service centre I am at their mercy as to when it comes back to me.

That means I will struggle again on sale day. Is anyone going to be online for the sale? I need a Roboto and Zodac

If no one is on then I will try on the Wii. This sale is not as important as last month with Gy Gor and I could always pick both up close to retail price from ebay. If I can avoid ebay I would be happy but I thought I would try here first.

Thanks in advance for any help

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am still without a computer. It was only in to get the cooling fan replaced but because it can only be done at an ASUS service centre I am at their mercy as to when it comes back to me.

That means I will struggle again on sale day. Is anyone going to be online for the sale? I need a Roboto and Zodac

If no one is on then I will try on the Wii. This sale is not as important as last month with Gy Gor and I could always pick both up close to retail price from ebay. If I can avoid ebay I would be happy but I thought I would try here first.

Thanks in advance for any help
    I'll have an extra Roboto for cost plus shipping, i'm not getting Zodac though....
    MOTUC is my thing!

heres a little something i am getting done, im having it finished next Friday but here is a progress pic, its the earl norem picture of the transformation scene,
    hence some of my recent sales, its costing a bit
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by the power of 3 View Post
    heres a little something i am getting done, im having it finished next Friday but here is a progress pic, its the earl norem picture of the transformation scene,
    hence some of my recent sales, its costing a bit
    MAD man! its coming along nicely - can't wait to see it finished, keep us updated!! - i've been thinkin of getting a MOTU sleeve for a long time now - you're making me want to start drawing it up!

thanks man.. i was thinking about it for ages, then came across this pic and thought it would be perfect... only had a 4 hour sitting so far, took that long just for adam and he-man, detail still needs to be added to their faces... next Friday i will sit till its done, so will post some pics Friday night

wicked! where u gettin it done?

I went to korpus tattoo a guy ther mick squires is doing it he
    Does incredible work

yeah they're good - i think miles works there too, he's done work on my mate b4 ... look forward to seein the final version! peace

yep he does work there
    cool cant wait to get it finished, will post pics next Friday night

Yeah mate, look forward to the finished work, i have my upper arm tatt ready to go, just need to save and find a good enough artist....
    MOTUC is my thing!

yeah it does get really costly, was saving up a while to get this done

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    has everyone else recieved their Gygors? Im still waiting. Hope its early next week! I SO want to see the monkey in person!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Yeah, still waiting for the Aussie ape. Better not have sent the package to Austria again, via Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    I'll have an extra Roboto for cost plus shipping, i'm not getting Zodac though....
    I'll try my luck for both on matty because I want them both together to save on postage. If I miss out I will take Roboto off you and try ebay for Zodac. Bring on 2011 so I won't have to deal with matty again for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    has everyone else recieved their Gygors? Im still waiting. Hope its early next week! I SO want to see the monkey in person!
    Pictures don't do justice, i received mine a few days ago and think he looks fantastic

Hope you and the others get yours soon and feel the same way!

EDIT: By the way, is anyone else attending the 'Collectables Toy Fair' at Sandown (in Melbourne)? Here's a link:

http://www.marketsandfairs.com.au/specialvic.html
    Last edited by MrRoboto; October 8, 2010 at 05:07pm.

I'd rather discuss it here than on the main threads but that Panthor looks awesome. I am so impressed with how he turned out.

I never had a vintage Panthor but friends did and I always liked how he felt but for MOTUC I think Mattel made the right decision for Panthor. I would like to say I am suprised by the reaction on the main board but unfortunately I am not and my sig says it all.

I personally love how the helmet looks on Panthor. I didn't initially like the helmet when it was shown at SDCC but it makes Panthor look intimidating when on his head.

I do hope Mattel continue to make these little additions. We wouldn't have MAA's backpack weapons or Tri-Klops' dagger details if they didn't and I really enjoy those extras.

On a side note, is everyone still interested in doing a get together next year? I have seriously been considering doing official OZ T-shirts and using Alex' logo that we use for the Australian Social Group. Obviously I will need permission but it is just something I have been thinking about...

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    I'd rather discuss it here than on the main threads but that Panthor looks awesome. I am so impressed with how he turned out.
    Yeah he looks good...He just hasn't wowed me like I thought he might, maybe because deep down I expected something else, plus I preferred him flocked. In the end he still looks nice though, he just didn't hit me.

I also would have preferred a less furry more sleek Panthor with shorter hair but that would cost em more $$$ to shorten the fur on the Battle Cat body I'm guessing???I suppose the head had to have had the extra fur on the cheeks to better blend in with the Battle Cat body.

Also at first I kind of liked the helmet but felt it looked incomplete the more I looked at it, and reminded me of some sort of madi gras cap the more I looked. I would have preferred some sort of curved projection of some kind over the cheeks, it would have helped the overall composition, especially with those big horns sticking out. I'm being picky with that though and it's only in the eye of this beholder and doesn't mean much lol.

Ditto Mate, I was actually gobsmacked by his colors and detailing, and every fantastic sharp detail would be lost if he were flocked!

I never had a vintage Panthor but friends did and I always liked how he felt but for MOTUC I think Mattel made the right decision for Panthor. I would like to say I am suprised by the reaction on the main board but unfortunately I am not and my sig says it all.
    Ive still got my childhood Panthor and I always babied him, Even as a kid I knew he was fragile so Ive kept him in his box when not playing with him, Hes beautiful. But I really think he was right for 1984 and the 13 year Old AJ, but the 38 year old me living in 2010 sees and appreciates the detail and beauty as more valuable than the gimmick.

It amazes me how our American brethren are ripping him apart...I mean for the 1st time ever Panthor looks like the vintage box art-In that box image he does not look like a 'Panther' he looks like a purple hybrid unhinged Tiger -Id say he was named Panthor for his color -Not his genus!

But then I doubt our Yankee brethren will ever get a figure they are 100% happy with! Damn Mattel for being monsters!

I personally love how the helmet looks on Panthor. I didn't initially like the helmet when it was shown at SDCC but it makes Panthor look intimidating when on his head.
    I loved the helmet on sight at SDCC and knew that if it was added it would be an optional extra and could be put aside by those who didnt like it (I also knew full well that the 'I hate it' Brigade would be out on it as though Mattel had personally slapped their mothers! sigh) and Panthor would be 100% classic box art goodness!

I do hope Mattel continue to make these little additions. We wouldn't have MAA's backpack weapons or Tri-Klops' dagger details if they didn't and I really enjoy those extras.
    Exactly! Or Teela finally wearing the helmet under the Headdress,and Feathers on Strato's shoulders or Bullets on Zodacs belt.

the disparity between 'wow thats awesome' and 'Kill TG' when it comes to the americans honestly amazes me!Everytime they start a poll or complaint thread I understand fully why TG and Mattel have didtanced themselves from the .org

aj

[/CENTER]

It amazes me how our American brethren are ripping him apart...I mean for the 1st time ever Panthor looks like the vintage box art-In that box image he does not look like a 'Panther' he looks like a purple hybrid unhinged Tiger -Id say he was named Panthor for his color -Not his genus!

aj
    If I wasn't on the Wii I would post a comparison pic of the MOTUC Panthor and the vintage box art. The MOTUC Panthor is a perfect recreation of that box art.

I am all for people wanting their vintage figures and I am quite sure that we will all buy the eventual flocked rerelease but too much vintage influence can also be a bad thing. I want MOTUC to continue to create its own identity which is exactly what it is doing.

Is the line perfect? No, but in my opinion it is the best adult targeted toyline of all time and if we do get in scale vehicles and playsets and it continues the current momentum then I think this will become the greatest toyline of all time (which I believe currently belongs to GI Joe ARAH because it was the total package for a toyline. Articulation, accessories, vehicles, playsets, playability, collectability, variety)

Just my opinion

Absolutely! I just spat the dummy with this post over in the 'Panthor has to be changed thread' (it will be ignored, but I had to say my bit!)

I think the problem is that this is NOT Filmations masters of the universe, It Mattels.

The original box art of Panthor shows a deranged wild purple cat, Nothing about that art says 'Panther'. It was Filmations streamlining (dumbing down) and literal interpretation that most people have an issue with.

So the designers at Mattel wanted a Cat steed for Skeletor,they looked at BC and went 'That'll do' they covered it in the fluff, made the armor Green, Chose a name that implied a different species (and one that the obligatory 'O' could be dropped into, to make it more Alien) and pumped it out... voila!

The Vintage Panthor is just the Big Jim Cat covered in purple velvet fluff. when we were kids that was enough, but as an adult -IMO- I care more about sculpt,Detail and paint apps than I do about a Gimmick!

The vintage art department looked at the Toy and thought 'Well its not a 'panther',Its a 'panthor' (it also looks like a Tiger shape) so they commissioned the box art to depict a Purple Tiger , they made it look ferocious,feral and hulking.

and THATS Panthor, hes not a Panther, Hes a member of the Purple Panthor tribe! Mortal enemies of the Green Tiger Tribe!

Thanks again 4H for following the Edict that these toys are based on the Vintage MATTEL concept!

ka (leaves the room, seriously over it!)

I think my biggest issue lately is that people forget that this line is 'MATTEL's MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE'. Everyone knows I hate Filmation, But I also acknowledge that its a HUGE part of a lot of collectors nostalgia for the line.

But how many times has TG said that this line is 1st and foremost based on Mattels actual designs and vintage output!

and for everyone who complains that 'Panthor doesnt look like a Panthor' theres a bunch of us that appreciate that the Vintage Panthor was just a BC redeco, and are grateful for the Tweeks the 4H have done with the new head, to give us both a faithful reinterpretation of the vintage figure, and also a Panthor that looks like the iconic vintage box art! (IMO)

aj

[/CENTER]

Don't let it get to you AJ, most of the negative comments are from a very vocal minority. It has been the same formula since SDCC 2009;
    Reveal, Complaints, Petition for change, Board in-fighting, Answer from TG is “no change”, Repeat

Don't let it get to you AJ, most of the negative comments are from a very vocal minority. It has been the same formula since SDCC 2009;
    Reveal, Complaints, Petition for change, Board in-fighting, Answer from TG is “no change”, Repeat
    Yeah buddy I know! What bugs me most is that theres so much 'Gray area' in what people argue over out there. In one post they want it all vintage, the next its not 200X enough.

but Im calm now! lol off to watch Fraggle rock!

[/CENTER]

great idea, maybe we should call our selves the .Organs........can see it now a bunch og guys wandering around a Toyfare with '.Organs Down Under' T shirts! hehehe.
    I liked your idea of calling ourselves .ORGANS so heres what I came up with ...

VINTAGE

CLASSIC

CROSS

I was thinking on the back of the shirt we could print the logo and the year n venue etc, but also the .org names of everyone who has pre-ordered a t-shirt - all i have to do is add in the pre-order names to the art before i send to the screenprinters - easy! just an idea ... would be pretty kool to have t-shirts to commemorate the first meet n greet!

p.s. back on topic: I kinda prefer panthor flocked but I still like the unflocked version just as much ... eventually we'll get both variations anyway so its no biggie

hehehehehe! Cool Shirt designs!!!

Love em!

(BTW am P-issed off that my Gygors aint here yet, its almost a month!!!!!)

aj

[/CENTER]