Page 172 of 292 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 7291

Thread: Australians out there

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I like both the vintage and classic shirts. Do the shirts come with the girl Im all for the meet-up, does someone in either Sydney or Melbourne want to nominate themselves to suggest on where to stay or good restaurants to go too. It dosent bother me on what someone decides on what to do or where to go as long as i can have a few beers and a good time.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I like both the vintage and classic shirts. Do the shirts come with the girl Im all for the meet-up, does someone in either Sydney or Melbourne want to nominate themselves to suggest on where to stay or good restaurants to go too. It dosent bother me on what someone decides on what to do or where to go as long as i can have a few beers and a good time.
    Totally Agree! would be great to time it around a big toy swap/fare, cos would be great to wander around with like minded collectors (instead of my moaning other half ).
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I couldnt agree with you more AJ, which is why i don't read the main boards anymore, i check the bi monthly ask matty stuff, but the feeling on the main board is negativity, which i stay away from, here is much better for sharing opinions...

On the panthor note, i really like him, and he is growing on me more and more, but after seeing the bang up job they did flocking moss man i think i would LOVE him flocked, but as it has been stated i will appreciate having both as the sculpt detail is insanely awesome!! I wont use the helmet but agree these little tweeks make this line!!
    MOTUC is my thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Totally Agree! would be great to time it around a big toy swap/fare, cos would be great to wander around with like minded collectors (instead of my moaning other half ).
    Armageddon Expo is on in Melbourne this coming weekend (16th/17th) obviously that's not possible (having said that, is anyone from Melbourne going?) but the Expo is in Sydney on the 26th/27th Feb 2011 and in Adelaide on the 5th/6th March.

Here's a direct link:

http://www.armageddonexpo.com/au/

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Armageddon Expo is on in Melbourne this coming weekend (16th/17th) obviously that's not possible (having said that, is anyone from Melbourne going?) but the Expo is in Sydney on the 26th/27th Feb 2011 and in Adelaide on the 5th/6th March.

Here's a direct link:

http://www.armageddonexpo.com/au/
    Hey MrRoboto, I was gonna ask the same thing, i'm thinkin' about going down for a look, is armageddon as good as supernova?

I was gonna go to sandown last weekend, but decided to drink beer in the sun instead

Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    I liked your idea of calling ourselves .ORGANS so heres what I came up with ...

VINTAGE
    http://www.kutsnake.com.au/motu/orga...ns-vintage.jpg
    http://www.kutsnake.com.au/motu/orga...tage-model.jpg

CLASSIC
    http://www.kutsnake.com.au/motu/orga...ns-classic.jpg
    http://www.kutsnake.com.au/motu/orga...ssic-model.jpg

CROSS
    http://www.kutsnake.com.au/motu/organs/organs-cross.jpg
    http://www.kutsnake.com.au/motu/orga...ross-model.jpg

I was thinking on the back of the shirt we could print the logo and the year n venue etc, but also the .org names of everyone who has pre-ordered a t-shirt - all i have to do is add in the pre-order names to the art before i send to the screenprinters - easy! just an idea ... would be pretty kool to have t-shirts to commemorate the first meet n greet!
    I love the designs. I personally would like to see the Australian Social group logo on there but thats just me

In all honesty, I am not sold on the .ORGANS name, mainly because it doesn't really state what we are representing. I could buy it if it was .ORGANZ to join with our New Zealand neighbours, or .ORGAUS, and have the OF AUSTRALIA changed to he-man.org Australian Collectors or he-man.org Australia/New Zealand Collectors. But I am just thinking out loud
    We really don't have to represent the .org at all and we could really focus it more on the MOTU property as an Australian collectors club, but that is taking it a bit further than what the initial idea is.

It is a brilliant idea to have the year, venue location and our usernames on the back.

I am really excited by this idea, I have basically streamlined my collections down to focus solely on MOTUC so it would be great to gather with like minded people.
    I occassionally meet up with Adelaide Transformers fans, Robzy from this board is one, and they also have some MOTU fans on the ozformers board but I can't logon because I can't remember my password and I can't contact them until I get my computer back

Hey MrRoboto, I was gonna ask the same thing, i'm thinkin' about going down for a look, is armageddon as good as supernova?

I was gonna go to sandown last weekend, but decided to drink beer in the sun instead
    Didn't miss out on much, Sandown wasn't anything special so the beers would've been extra nice! It was kind of like a big flea market type of thing with a couple of sellers having SDCC items, MOTU & DC Classics, Marvel, G.I. Joe figures etc... overpriced but it was still nice to see

Also, there were other bric-a-brac type things e.g. coins collection, train collections, auto memorabilia, large trading card presence too. The next type of Collectables meeting is in Mornington on the 21st November. If you click on an earlier link i posted, you'll see dates for these events.

Never been to Armageddon or Supernova -TRaP-JaW- so this'll be my first time going to an event like this

All i know by looking at the pamphlet and website is that it looks like a massive event, i'll probably be there early to try to avoid the anticipated long lines. Sounds like fun so i'm all for it, let me know if you (or anyone else) plan on going

Hey hey, Yeah I'd be up for a big Meet of some sort!! I'm going to Armageddon next year anyways, but I'm happy do something else too.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

TheFallen :

These are great ideas you have - i like .ORGANZ to bring in the NZ collectors, but are there any on here? Is there much following in NZ? excuse my ignorance ... I'm happy to change it to whatever the general vote is... but it basically means recreating the logo from scratch so i'll wait until we have decided for sure on the name and logistics before i do another one - the other issue with that is the S at the end of .ORGANS lends recognition to the 'S' at the end of MASTERS in the vintage logo - which makes the replica look just that little more authentic ... basically this is just a concept that we can run with in any direction, but it atleast gives us a start as to a visual kinda banner that we can all recognize. You're right, this should be more about the MOTU product and collectors rather than the forum we use to discuss it. And I totally agree that we perhaps need a sub-heading stating that we are Australian MOTU Collectors Assoc or whatever so its not so cryptic .... the humour in ".ORGANS" and also the fact that it is a recognizable word, with a secondary meaning was too much for me to resist - mashed up with the MOTU branding and I just think it works on so many levels... .ORGaustraliANS

I am not familiar with the Australian social group or it's logo?? got a linksky? But it sounds like a church group or something - u need a name like "Suicidal Tendencies" or something kool like "NOFX" hahaha just jokin' send me a link and i'll check it out

MrRoboto:
    Yeah I might go to the mornington meet... I try n get to them when I can, but usually dont buy any MOTU, theres very rarely any vintage stuff, and the classics are overpriced as you said... I'll shoot u a msg if I decide to head down to armageddon
    Last edited by -TRaP-JaW-; October 11, 2010 at 10:42pm.

WHOO HOO! look who just arrived -Via Austria!!!!!!!!

Who cares, he's here now! will open one after work.

and Scotty yours is the one in the middle!

aj
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; October 11, 2010 at 10:51pm.

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I'd rather discuss it here than on the main threads but that Panthor looks awesome. I am so impressed with how he turned out.

I never had a vintage Panthor but friends did and I always liked how he felt but for MOTUC I think Mattel made the right decision for Panthor. I would like to say I am suprised by the reaction on the main board but unfortunately I am not and my sig says it all.

I personally love how the helmet looks on Panthor. I didn't initially like the helmet when it was shown at SDCC but it makes Panthor look intimidating when on his head.

I do hope Mattel continue to make these little additions. We wouldn't have MAA's backpack weapons or Tri-Klops' dagger details if they didn't and I really enjoy those extras.
    I agree with you (on all points). I think I would still prefer a flocked Panthor, but I can't hate the one they've shown - he looks amazing! I can't believe how nasty MOTC has made these baords. It wasn't this bad during the 200X era, was it? Is nostalgia making everyone selfish and angry?

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Armageddon Expo is on in Melbourne this coming weekend (16th/17th) obviously that's not possible (having said that, is anyone from Melbourne going?)...
    I sent you a message Frank. Count me in.

Has everyone seen the post about Roboto's shoulders possibly being reversed? That sux if it's true. Here's hoping it doesn't affect movement or look wrong in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I agree with you (on all points). I think I would still prefer a flocked Panthor, but I can't hate the one they've shown - he looks amazing! I can't believe how nasty MOTC has made these baords. It wasn't this bad during the 200X era, was it? Is nostalgia making everyone selfish and angry?
    I wasnt in the forums for 200X, but I sense that a lot of the ill will is a direct result of the 200X fans feeling ripped off. which I dont get, because to me 200X was an evolution of MOTUV,and MOTUC is an evolution of 200X ...its all one line. IMO

Has everyone seen the post about Roboto's shoulders possibly being reversed? That sux if it's true. Here's hoping it doesn't affect movement or look wrong in hand.
    Yep! even my partner said that once you see it, you cant NOT see it! and the fact that his arms aint removable is a pain!

TG is silent on the matter-both here and the Matty forums.

Im still amazed no one noticed it on the SDCC proto....It is scary obvious! (Next SDCC Im getting out my Vintage figs to compare!!!)

[/CENTER]

Hey AJ, I've sent you a PM.

I think that with 200X, everyone was so starved for anything new that we were all just glad to lap it all up. I also think it was fair to say that, at the time, the general consensus was that the style looked good. Most of the aggression was aimed at Mattel for making the toyline so frustrating to collect.

IMO, the main reason why there is so much tension now is because the '200X fans' want more than a simple update of the 80s toys and the 'MOTUV fans' want MOTUV to be re-created "right". (And then there's Filmation vs early mini-comics, etc..)

MOTUC is so close to MOTUV that there isn't that open-mindedness that would exist if it were a completely new vision.

Hey AJ, I've sent you a PM.

MOTUC is so close to MOTUV that there isn't that open-mindedness that would exist if it were a completely new vision.
    Absolutely, I guess I look at the MOTUC figures and think 'Wow' mainly cos I was raised on the Vintage figs, but also cos once the '8' were released (cos they were straight down the line 'Card Back), I was amazed at the 200X details and items added - or should I say incorporated/blended with the Vintage.

To be honest Im still waiting for a satisfactory set of parameters to be given by 200X fans as to what they want? do they want over exaggerated armor? Huge Feet? Small Heads? massive weapons,Angular sculpted Muscles???

I keep reading posts saying 'We must have more 200X influences' but none of them have said what those influences actually are? it confounds me.

But then so do the Filmation fans "wants"-do they want less detail, brighter colors ....etc

No wonder its a battle ground in there!! Tg must get SO frustrated!

Confounded aj
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; October 12, 2010 at 09:59am.

[/CENTER]

TheFallen :

These are great ideas you have - i like .ORGANZ to bring in the NZ collectors, but are there any on here? Is there much following in NZ? excuse my ignorance ... I'm happy to change it to whatever the general vote is... but it basically means recreating the logo from scratch so i'll wait until we have decided for sure on the name and logistics before i do another one - the other issue with that is the S at the end of .ORGANS lends recognition to the 'S' at the end of MASTERS in the vintage logo - which makes the replica look just that little more authentic ... basically this is just a concept that we can run with in any direction, but it atleast gives us a start as to a visual kinda banner that we can all recognize. You're right, this should be more about the MOTU product and collectors rather than the forum we use to discuss it. And I totally agree that we perhaps need a sub-heading stating that we are Australian MOTU Collectors Assoc or whatever so its not so cryptic .... the humour in ".ORGANS" and also the fact that it is a recognizable word, with a secondary meaning was too much for me to resist - mashed up with the MOTU branding and I just think it works on so many levels... .ORGaustraliANS
    The secondary meaning is another reason I wasn't sold on the .ORGANS. I don't want to be walking around with you guys, all of us wearing the shirts, and people saying “look at those bunch of *****”

You have now sold me on the .ORGANS name by explaining it more. .ORGaustraliANS is rather ingenious and I am quite happy to keep it now

We did have a New Zealand fan in the social group, I think the username was Viceroy.

I am not familiar with the Australian social group or it's logo?? got a linksky? But it sounds like a church group or something - u need a name like "Suicidal Tendencies" or something kool like "NOFX" hahaha just jokin' send me a link and i'll check it out
    The full name of the social group is Australian Masters of the Universe, Princesses of Power and New Adventurers. I can't post a link because the Wii has disadvantages that don't allow me to do it. But if you go to the community tab on this board you can find social groups. Someone else might post the link for you. The logo was from the avatar of username Alex Kidd, I think. It was basically the logos of all of the MOTU factions. I always thought it was a very cool avatar. Maybe something similar could be done on a logo of Austalia?

So what is all this talk of backwards Roboto arms?

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!

T.J & The fallen - the link you guys are after

Australian Masters of the Universe, Princesses of Power and New Adventurers!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=21

I would have to admit that organs of australia does sound like a cancer charity group but heath, your logos rock man!
    Last edited by skelehorde; October 12, 2010 at 07:44pm.
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Armageddon is not a freckle on the backside of Supanova.... Arma was just a room of tables whereas Supa is a full 2 rooms with a lot to look at, Arma = 15mins for a full look, Supa = at least a couple of hours....
    MOTUC is my thing!

MrRoboto:

Yeah I might go to the mornington meet... I try n get to them when I can, but usually dont buy any MOTU, theres very rarely any vintage stuff, and the classics are overpriced as you said... I'll shoot u a msg if I decide to head down to armageddon
    No worries!

I sent you a message Frank. Count me in.

Got it, cheers! Reply sent

kool as! I just subscribed to the social group - wasn't aware of it hehe ... it is actually a pretty kool logo... But it will have to be re-created - its very lo-res and unsuitable for print or anything else really ... When i get some time, i'll have a crack at re-designing it in the same style/format just so its suitable for professional reproduction.

Skelehorde:
    thanks for the props dude

DaBigFella:
    Thanks for the info - thought as much

TheFallen:
    I hang out with punks - i'm used to everyone staring at me saying "look at those bunch of ********"

I'm happy to change the name to anything if people feel too strongly against .ORGANS i just got a chuckle out of it when Staff_of_Ka first came up with it....We can always include the sub-title: MOTU Collectors of Australia or something similar to make it clearer.... open to more suggestions though...

Roboto looks AWESOME! but yeah his shoulders are backwards - its more noticable than he-man & skelly - pixel dan didn't mention it in the review tho - does anyone reckon he was told to neck up about it ??? or did he just not notice ?

DaBigfella has me covered for a Roboto but I will still need an extra Roboto and Zodac so I am throwing this out there in a last ditch effort;

If someone is going to be on matty for this coming sale can you please get me a Roboto and Zodac. I only have net access on my Wii because my PC is in for repairs.

Any help is appreciated

Roboto['s]... ...shoulders are backwards... ...pixel dan didn't mention it in the review tho - does anyone reckon he was told to neck up about it ??? or did he just not notice ?
    I just think he didn't notice
    DaBigfella has me covered for a Roboto but I will still need an extra Roboto and Zodac so I am throwing this out there in a last ditch effort;

If someone is going to be on matty for this coming sale can you please get me a Roboto and Zodac. I only have net access on my Wii because my PC is in for repairs.

Any help is appreciated
    I don't need to put an order in, but if you are still without at 10pm this evening, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to order for you.

If someone is going to be on matty for this coming sale can you please get me a Roboto and Zodac.
    PM'd you, I can grab em if ya want - let me know for sure before the sale

I just think he didn't notice

I don't need to put an order in, but if you are still without at 10pm this evening, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to order for you.
    Thanks again but TJ is on tonight and he is hooking me up

PM'd you, I can grab em if ya want - let me know for sure before the sale
    PM replied. Thank you so much

some update pics, about 90% per cent done, just some face detail and detail in the blue transformation part
    Attached Images Attached Images

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Hey Power that tattoo is coming on nicely. Nice job.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!