Page 189 of 292 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 7291

Thread: Australians out there

  1. #4701
    Evil Robotic Gimp Gimporama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Upper Coomera, Queensland
    Posts
    665
    Hey I just got a refund of $61 from my stands/guards shipping. That's $1 more than the shipping charge for the stands! Looks like Toyguru was good to his word.

  2. #4702
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    Hey I just got a refund of $61 from my stands/guards shipping. That's $1 more than the shipping charge for the stands! Looks like Toyguru was good to his word.
    I go my shipping refund as well. Could 2011 be the year for customer relations?

  3. #4703
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    I got refunded $61 too!


  4. #4704
    Heroic Warrior DaBigfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia...
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by r_r_r_22 View Post
    Roboto is taken care of now I need Grizzlor.

    I have an incoming Vikor that I have no interest in and will trade for Grizzlor so let me know if there is any interest.

    Sadly it seems I'll be doing this a lot with my first sub. I'll be doing the same with the Feb sub figures as well as May even my exclusive I think I'll be parting with. I don't think I'll sign up next year.
    I'll pm you too, but i have a grizzlor and i need a vikor....
    MOTUC is my thing!

  5. #4705
    "No Lashor, We Bash Ya!" Robzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    515
    I've got a question about a very odd experience I'm having with buying MOTUCs lately...

    I ordered Vikor this morning - well, I tried too but as I placed my order (just like last month) I got an "error" code near the end of my transaction. Having been through the same process with Buzz Off twice (and ending up with 3 BO figures instead of 1) I decided to do nothing! About 2 minutes later I got an email confirmation saying my order was being processed. Now, just to confirm, my order didn't actually even go through! Yet, according to Matty/DR it did! This has now happened 3 times in 1 month! I can't explain it! Has anyone else experienced this?? I keep getting confirmation for orders I haven't successfully placed - weird! -_-

    Basically, out of the last 4 figures I've "purchased" I've only completed the transaction once!!! What's going on?
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

  6. #4706
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I've got a question about a very odd experience I'm having with buying MOTUCs lately...

    Basically, out of the last 4 figures I've "purchased" I've only completed the transaction once!!! What's going on?
    What browser are u using Robzy? I use firefox all the time now and never have a problem (except for the stands which was a DR error)... I would also suggest you turn off any Firewalls/Spyware/Pop-Up blockers, and even your Virus Killer, just while you do the transaction to see if it makes any difference. oh and make sure ur browser and java etc is up-to-date to the latest version too. Other than that, not sure what it could be.

    BTW: I agree with Pixel Dan, Panthor should be flocked!!
    Last edited by -TRaP-JaW-; January 26, 2011 at 03:59pm.

  7. #4707
    "No Lashor, We Bash Ya!" Robzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    What browser are u using Robzy? I use firefox all the time now and never have a problem (except for the stands which was a DR error)... I would also suggest you turn off any Firewalls/Spyware/Pop-Up blockers, and even your Virus Killer, just while you do the transaction to see if it makes any difference. oh and make sure ur browser and java etc is up-to-date to the latest version too. Other than that, not sure what it could be.
    I'm using Firefox too. Firewalls haven't been a problem in the past - and tbh my "dilemma" is not really bad (I'm still getting the figures, just not reaching the final stage of checkout). I've never had this issue before in the 2 years I've been ordering. It's just really strange and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced it. If I missed out on the figures I'd be angry, but so far so good.

    Cheers for the response though... and suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    BTW: I agree with Pixel Dan, Panthor should be flocked!!
    +1 million.

    That's the reason I'm not buying him - TG is still trying to convince everyone on the Matty forums that it's what the infamous SDCC 09 voters wanted
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

  8. #4708
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Cheers for the response though... and suggestions

    +1 million.

    That's the reason I'm not buying him - TG is still trying to convince everyone on the Matty forums that it's what the infamous SDCC 09 voters wanted
    no probs man, dunno what the deal is - atleast its actually going through for you tho and you're aware of it so u dont order extras haha!

    I'll still get Panthor in the sub anyway but yeah, what a farce that 2009 SDCC vote must've been

    I'm gonna have a crack at flocking one myself when he gets here - I reckon i could do it just as good as the workers in china, (but maybe not as fast )

  9. #4709
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Today I received what is probably the single most important MOTUC figure I could ask for!

    A fellow .Orger in the states was selling a TRU Stratos (loose) in the Marketplace for $22 and I jumped at it!

    Blue wing Stratos was my Stratos growing up, and It finally feels like my '8' is truly complete! here he is with my Childhood Stratos (and my original MOTUC version, who is still awesome, but will now be in a seperate display!)



    Hes a gorgeous figure, the Bright red accents on his armor are REALLY bright and pop! and his wings were'nt Glued, I just moved em around!

    Just Curious-were all Vintage Stratos's in AU Blue wings?

    aj
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; January 27, 2011 at 09:10am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  10. #4710
    Evil Robotic Gimp Gimporama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Upper Coomera, Queensland
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Today I received what is probably the single most important MOTUC figure I could ask for!

    A fellow .Orger in the states was selling a TRU Stratos (loose) in the Marketplace for $22 and I jumped at it!

    Blue wing Stratos was my Stratos growing up, and It finally feels like my '8' is truly complete! here he is with my Childhood Stratos (and my original MOTUC version, who is still awesome, but will now be in a seperate display!)



    Hes a gorgeous figure, the Bright red accents on his armor are REALLY bright and pop! and his wings were'nt Glued, I just moved em around!

    Just Curious-were all Vintage Stratos's in AU Blue wings?

    aj
    I'm not sure, my original Stratos has blue wings.

    That's an awesome buy AJ. I've been looking at the last two comic two packs but they're so expensive! I'm already in trouble for catching up this month with the weapons packs and Gygor

  11. #4711
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    Both versions of Stratos were available in Australia in the 80's, I could be wrong here, but from memory the 8-back had the red wings, the 12-back had either Red or Blue - My stratos from the 80's is still on my shelf and he's got Red wings, but I remember one of the kids in my street had the blue winged version, which always made me wonder why there were 2 versions of stratos? Then I remember seeing both versions in K-Mart while i was shopping with my mum. Another kid had the Half-Boot skelly, which I kinda despised as a kid and still think it looks cheap to this day - I also had the orange/unpainted belt Mer-Man, but every other kid I knew back then had the green painted belt. I also have an unpainted braces Tri-Klops which ive also had since the 80's, I think he's rare compared to the regular painted braces version but I reckon its BS that Top-Toys variants with production errors are "supposedly" worth more than the regular versions... i.e. Pink wings Stratos?? Horrid yellow name stickers on cardbacks???

    still on the subject of variants - check out this King Randor i found somewhere:





    Last edited by -TRaP-JaW-; January 27, 2011 at 04:47pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #4712
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    Blue Wing Stratos is the only figure I have really wanted in the MOTU/DC packs. Not because it is the version I had as a kid but because it just looks awesome. I think there is room in my display for both versions of Stratos.

    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to pull the trigger on the purchase yet. Im a bit OCD when it comes to MOTUC. If I buy one thing I have to buy a second one to keep MOC. I did that for the first set of MOTU/DC and it is quite costly.

  13. #4713
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    93
    hi guys came anyone tell me if you came get the DCU/MOTUCs two packs in Australian Toys r us?

  14. #4714
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by damo-man View Post
    hi guys came anyone tell me if you came get the DCU/MOTUCs two packs in Australian Toys r us?
    Nah Mate, We all dream but the only ways to get em is either eBad or a .org contact in the states. check out the marketplace.

    I got my 1st two sets from Ebay and they cost about $40us each, the new packs are STILL expensive!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post

    That's an awesome buy AJ. I've been looking at the last two comic two packs but they're so expensive! I'm already in trouble for catching up this month with the weapons packs and Gygor
    Thanks Mate, I know all about Trouble! I bought a vintage playset on Ebay the other day for $95 which is UBER cheap for it......But the postage is $230!!!

    Im waiting til the right moment to bring it up with the banker-My better half!

    Im DOOMED!!!

    (im gonna be throwin a lot of stuff on ebay over the weekend!!!!)
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; January 27, 2011 at 09:27pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  15. #4715
    Evil Robotic Gimp Gimporama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Upper Coomera, Queensland
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Nah Mate, We all dream but the only ways to get em is either eBad or a .org contact in the states. check out the marketplace.

    I got my 1st two sets from Ebay and they cost about $40us each, the new packs are STILL expensive!



    Thanks Mate, I know all about Trouble! I bought a vintage playset on Ebay the other day for $95 which is UBER cheap for it......But the postage is $230!!!

    Im waiting til the right moment to bring it up with the banker-My better half!

    Im DOOMED!!!

    (im gonna be throwin a lot of stuff on ebay over the weekend!!!!)
    Bwahahaha! I wonder how many of us hide this stuff from our other halves?

    I always get busted because my Ebay delivery address is her work address.

    Any interesting items going on ebay I should know about?

    What playset did you get? It would have to be Eternia for that much shipping?!?!?

  16. #4716
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    93
    thsnks for letting know staff of ka.

    with stratos I have a few different versions of him, but the version I had as a kid was the French version were his armer is a very bright red. ( i bought him when I was in England on a trip with my father)

    I also bought alot of other figures, And I bought a two pack of Battle Armor He Man and B A Skeletor ( I sooooooooo which I keep in their cards)
    Last edited by damo-man; January 27, 2011 at 10:30pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #4717
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    Bwahahaha! I wonder how many of us hide this stuff from our other halves?

    I always get busted because my Ebay delivery address is her work address.

    Any interesting items going on ebay I should know about?

    What playset did you get? It would have to be Eternia for that much shipping?!?!?
    I usually try to get home early to make sure I get to the parcels and can hide em. I hate walking in and it being on the Kitchen table and Im getting the 'So...how much was this one?' look!

    Instant revert back to being a 12 year old!lol

    The playset aint MOTU, sadly cos if it was I could explain it better! Its a totally left field Dollhouse from 1983 for Strawberry shortcake- Its three feet long and 3 feet high! Its rare and usually sells for well over $200 US.

    Its gonna get me in the shite cos I dont collect SSC, but I REALLY think it looks cool and Rare! again I say...Im DOOMED!!!!!lol
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  18. #4718
    Evil Robotic Gimp Gimporama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Upper Coomera, Queensland
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I usually try to get home early to make sure I get to the parcels and can hide em. I hate walking in and it being on the Kitchen table and Im getting the 'So...how much was this one?' look!

    Instant revert back to being a 12 year old!lol

    The playset aint MOTU, sadly cos if it was I could explain it better! Its a totally left field Dollhouse from 1983 for Strawberry shortcake- Its three feet long and 3 feet high! Its rare and usually sells for well over $200 US.

    Its gonna get me in the shite cos I dont collect SSC, but I REALLY think it looks cool and Rare! again I say...Im DOOMED!!!!!lol
    hahaha... I nearly did the same thing with the ThunderCats Lair... I don't even collect the figures. But having two Eternia's and a wife that knows I have two Eternias has given me self control over buying anymore playsets ...except for the MIB Snake Mountain I'm bidding on now....

  19. #4719
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    hahaha... I nearly did the same thing with the ThunderCats Lair... I don't even collect the figures. But having two Eternia's and a wife that knows I have two Eternias has given me self control over buying anymore playsets ...except for the MIB Snake Mountain I'm bidding on now....
    Oooooh! nice!!

    I would love a MIB Grayskull and Snake mountain! I loved the box art of CG, It always made me happy to think that it was Skeletors lair, cos he was inside it in the art defending it from He-man!

    I have 5 Vintage CG's I just love em, I have a friend who owns a garden statue store, and I wanna see if she can make a mold of CG so I can paint a cement one to go in the garden!

    As for Eternia, yeah Mine is in the bedroom on top of the TV cabinet,well the three towers are, but not joined cos they wouldnt fit! On the bedroom wardrobes I have 5 CG's,1 SM,1 Barbie Camper van from 1978 (3 feet long) and my boxed Starship eternia (huge),fright zone,nordor,At At,Muppets Backstage playset,My full set of 'Nightmare' games, and two massive Jem cars!

    so I have NO idea where I will fit this huge SSC house! I need a proper toy room!

    aj
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  20. #4720
    Heroic Warrior DaBigfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia...
    Posts
    303
    I just posted some pics up at ozfigurama and thought some of you'd get a kick: http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com/t1...-thread-part-3
    MOTUC is my thing!

  21. #4721
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    Both versions of Stratos were available in Australia in the 80's, I could be wrong here, but from memory the 8-back had the red wings, the 12-back had either Red or Blue

    still on the subject of variants - check out this King Randor i found somewhere:
    My Childhood Stratos (above) was definetly an 8 back, he was the 2nd MOTU figure I got-after Skeletor. My cousins stratos also had Blue wings and I know he got his on holiday in Adelaide.

    That Randor is awesome! The rare 'Spirit of Randor'
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  22. #4722
    Evil Robotic Gimp Gimporama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Upper Coomera, Queensland
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    I just posted some pics up at ozfigurama and thought some of you'd get a kick: http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com/t1...-thread-part-3
    Those are some awesome pics, Duncan with his helmet off is awesome, what a great custom idea. Oh and you got the two packs.... I'm soooo jealous.

  23. #4723
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    My Childhood Stratos (above) was definetly an 8 back, he was the 2nd MOTU figure I got-after Skeletor. My cousins stratos also had Blue wings and I know he got his on holiday in Adelaide.
    Ah k - i stand corrected. I don't remember seeing any Blue Wings Stratos' until after the weapons pack was released, but it was a LONG LONG time ago haha! I even remember asking that kid i mentioned (above) if he had lost his original armour and wings and was using the weapons pack armour instead, but he told me stratos came like that with the blue wings in the packet - i was like

    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    That Randor is awesome! The rare 'Spirit of Randor'
    Yeah he's a FREAK - I thought he would also make a nice King Adam, but I like the 'Spirit of Randor' moniker! i found him at some place and there was a whole bunch of shlt figures and weapons, I didnt have a Randor at all at the time, so i grabbed him - now I wish I grabbed everything cos it was probably all rare Mattel factory stuff and i just didnt realize at the time ... I think it might have been where I got my Leo Mantenna on NA card from - damn you failing memory!!

  24. #4724
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    8
    I'm almost starting to regret moving to New Zealand... apparently there are no MOTU fans over here or nearly none.

  25. #4725
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Rippedgeek View Post
    I'm almost starting to regret moving to New Zealand... apparently there are no MOTU fans over here or nearly none.
    Thats ok, come play with us in this thread!

    hi gang, last week I ordered a couple of sideshow dioramas and they arrived today, excuse the crappy pics but I couldnt wait to see how the worked! will hafta plan a proper shoot now!

    'the Shrine of Dagon'






    The other Diorama is freakin awesome, but not as generic as this one, I will take some better pics when I can.

    aj
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; January 31, 2011 at 03:04am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •