Page 192 of 293 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 7306

Thread: Australians out there

Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    Anyone recieved guard purchased on the sale date with economy mail? My Vikor showed up last week with 3 Mo-Larr's but nothing since...
    Nope still waiting dude

Welcome Becca! - Do yourself a favour and get Aves Studio 2 Part Epoxie Sculpt - its the best/easiest sculpting medium on the market. Water-Based. It works just like blu-tac or putty and you get about 2-3 hours work time which is plenty really. Then it sets rock hard just at room temperature - from there you can sand it and paint it or cast moldes etc if you want. Its not cheap but alot goes along way.

I get it from Barnes usually, but keep it in the fridge and let it soften a little before you combine the 2 parts then put em back in the fridge when ur done to prolong the life of the putty ... happy sculpting

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Anyone recieved guard purchased on the sale date with economy mail? My Vikor showed up last week with 3 Mo-Larr's but nothing since...
    Yep my guards arrived yeste! they were Eco mail!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

that sounds good. i will keep an eye out for it.

Do we have any updates on our supanova gathering tops? You all still keen?
    Whats the line up looking like this year? i heard Christhper Loyd is coming?

Hey all - new member from Sydney here.

I am also a new-comer to MotU Classics. Got He Man and Skeletor at the Cyber Monday sale... and since then have acquired:

Teela, Man At Arms, Goddess, Adam and Orko, Stratos, Zodac, Beast Man, Mer Man, Trap Jaw, Tri Klops, Evil Lyn, Faker, oh and Battle Cat.

I sort of went a bit nuts there... but I did find a guy on ebay whose prices were ok, but shipping was $25 from the US no matter how many you bought so got most from him loose.

I also have She Ra Adora and Hordak in the post from local sellers.

I got the first couple and just loved them. It was Xmas holidays and I had some spare cash so thought - what the hey? Only HAd He Man a Teela as a kid, so it's fulfilled a 3 decade dream pretty much.

Welcome retcon

It is great to see such an increase in Aussie collectors on the board. Now some of you older guys need to start posting again. I'm looking at you Oz-Scott, Gimporama and Lorde Trooper

Still no god damn Vikor. I am thinking he has gone the way of reissue He-Man from way back. I am not going to let this one go now because I will be out $150

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Hey all - new member from Sydney here.

I am also a new-comer to MotU Classics. Got He Man and Skeletor at the Cyber Monday sale... and since then have acquired:

Teela, Man At Arms, Goddess, Adam and Orko, Stratos, Zodac, Beast Man, Mer Man, Trap Jaw, Tri Klops, Evil Lyn, Faker, oh and Battle Cat.

I sort of went a bit nuts there... but I did find a guy on ebay whose prices were ok, but shipping was $25 from the US no matter how many you bought so got most from him loose.

I also have She Ra Adora and Hordak in the post from local sellers.

I got the first couple and just loved them. It was Xmas holidays and I had some spare cash so thought - what the hey? Only HAd He Man a Teela as a kid, so it's fulfilled a 3 decade dream pretty much.
    Welcome Retcon!

I thought i was bad in how quickly i was buying these up in a short time. glad i'm not alone

This last fornight i got
    He-man
    Skeletor
    Molar
    Orko & Adam
    He-ro
    Hordak
    Scareglow
    Webstor
    King Randor
    She -Ra
    Count Marzo

hoping to grab Battle Cat and maybe Trap Jaw tonight

Also through another guy who shops at my comic store i scored 200X complete DVD for $20. pretty happy with that. figured for a new fan this is a good place to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post

Also through another guy who shops at my comic store i scored 200X complete DVD for $20. pretty happy with that. figured for a new fan this is a good place to get started.
    Its a great place to get started, I was never a fan of Filmation, but I loved the 200X cartoon! It made me interested in the characters all over again!

enjoy!

[/CENTER]

Welcome Retcon,

Bring on the Aussie collectors!!

My slow option Guards & Stands just arrived!! Woohoo!
    The Guards are sweet as - havent opened em yet but they look pretty kool - yeah the packaging is smaller than I expected too! looks neat though, can already imagine the Hordak Grizzlor 2 Pack in that packaging would be nice- or a He-Man & Skelly 2 pack even better.

Just been looking at the character biographies. I never knew until now about the whole Keldor/Skeletor thing. Was this in the original series?? or was i just too gaga at four to know what necromancy is?

Next question: does anyone know how to fix the spring that holds the top and bottom halves of figures together??

third question: how much is too much to pay for a vintage figure with no accessories?

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by becca156 View Post
    Just been looking at the character biographies. I never knew until now about the whole Keldor/Skeletor thing. Was this in the original series?? or was i just too gaga at four to know what necromancy is?

Next question: does anyone know how to fix the spring that holds the top and bottom halves of figures together??

third question: how much is too much to pay for a vintage figure with no accessories?
    Third question:
    It all depends on the rarity of the figure I guess, but I personally wouldn't go over $10 AUD if it's incomplete

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I picked up the 200X complete series from Amazon for $7.99! I am halfway through and loving it. Also rediscovered my couple of old mini-comics. Fogrot about Teela and the Sorceress lookng the same! Haven't read them in years.

Also - my slow shipping stand arrived today too. Must be the day for it!

Had a nice masters day today. Scored trap jaw and teela. But dew to swaping comic stores ( like breaking up with girlfriend) I couldn't grab battle cat just yet but had it put aside. Also managed to procur some palace gaurds and wun dar for future purchase off my dealer.

This has been one of the shitest weeks of my life but loving retail therpay of masters

My snail mail stands arrived today too! still no sign of my 3 Guards sets yet! (well two are mine, 1 is 'Power of threes'.)

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; February 11, 2011 at 08:07am.

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorrobo View Post
    Hi I don't know if this has been asked before, but were the Autralian masters toy commercials different to the ones shown in the US? If so, do any survive?
    So would anyone know what I'm asking about?
    How do you like that, hero!

Sorry mate, I didnt comment cos I have no idea, I was in a small outback town in the 80's and toy commercials were rare!.

one of the others may have an idea.

[/CENTER]

My first order of Palace Guards and stands arrived today, another order will be here soon, but still no Vikor
    If I haven't got him by next week then I will have to start the process of getting a replacement from matty. I hope it is not too painful.

My biggest concern now is this is not the best way to start the 2011 sub. I now fear I am going to have no end of troubles with it this year

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Hey guys,

i still have a few MOC MOTUC for sale.

Whiplash $30.00

Webstor $25.00

Battle Armor He-man - 20.00 (pending)

+ postage. All MOC with Mailers. Pm if interested.

Cheers
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

I know how hard it can be to be new to a line and new to a forum. I will do what I can to answer your questions but first let me give you a piece of advice; Use this thread to ask your questions. The main board can be a snake pit sometimes and it can really be off putting. We like to help each other as much as possible so don't be afraid to ask anything here.

Quote Originally Posted by becca156 View Post

Answer 1:The name Keldor was originally mentioned in the vintage mini comic; The Search for Keldor. It was alluded to that Skeletor knew Keldor but it was never actually stated they were one in the same. Fast forward to 2002 and the MYP cartoon. Keldor was shown to be attacking Randor in the first episode; The Beginning. During the episode Keldor was mortally wounded by a vial of acid. Keldor sought out Hordak to save his life but was turned into Skeletor.

Answer 2:Send a PM to clawguy3, he is pretty cluey when it comes to customs and such so he might be able to help you out.

Answer 3:I am not a vintage collector but I tend to agree with kinggreyskull2011, don't spend over $10 unless it is a vintage Megator or Tytus

Sorry buddy, as Staff of Ka said, I didn't answer because I didn't know. I don't even remember the vintage commercials

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Had a nice masters day today. Scored trap jaw and teela. But dew to swaping comic stores ( like breaking up with girlfriend) I couldn't grab battle cat just yet but had it put aside. Also managed to procur some palace gaurds and wun dar for future purchase off my dealer.

This has been one of the shitest weeks of my life but loving retail therpay of masters
    I am glad you said it was from your dealer because these things are like drugs. The way you are going you will be caught up in no time. Be sure to check often because I know Skelehorde and DaBigfella are always selling figures.

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Just read about the meet up - definitely in if it happens in / around Melb

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggreyskull2011 View Post
    Just read about the meet up - definitely in if it happens in / around Melb
    The meet up is happening at Supernova Sydney this year. Hopefully melbourne next year

Check my signature for the details so far.
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

I'm pretty keen on flying up to Syd for the Supernova Meet as well.

Also, if anyone's attending Armageddon 2011 let me know. I'd love to meet up there too.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I'm pretty keen on flying up to Syd for the Supernova Meet as well.

Also, if anyone's attending Armageddon 2011 let me know. I'd love to meet up there too.
    WOW!!! i wanna go!!!!!! I have a week off starting the weekend after Damnit!

Id LOVE to meet Karen Allen and Patricia Tallman!

maybe Fallen is goin!

[/CENTER]

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Hey guys and girls, firstly welcome to all of the newbies, great to see newcomers to this thread, weve had a virus on our computer so im using the wifes laptop but dont use it very often as i like the computer and the old mouse better but it fee;s like i havent been here for a while.

Got Vikor and the palace guards last week, Aj your right i was very surprised with the size of the box. Also i thought it was odd that with the 2 guards that i got neither had stickers on the sides of the packaging. For a MOC collector id rather stickers on the sides, i was able to open up the sides and touch the figures and re-seal the box, mind you i only done this on my loose set and not my MOC set.

Once again welcome to all of the newcomers to this thread and who knows you may even want to attend our first ever annual meet-up.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Got Vikor and the palace guards last week, Aj your right i was very surprised with the size of the box.
    great to see ya buddy, been a while!

I was the only 'old timer' in here for a while!

Yeah The size of the guards box really threw me, I think I was expecting something comparative to Mo-larrs box!

With the Arrival of Vikor and now the Guards I had no room in my display so today I bit the bullet and pulled it apart to re-arrange. I had bought some acrylic Risers and they have worked awesomely, also fit in the sideshow diorama I got a few weeks ago. It took me about two hours (admittedly I got admiring the figs all over again, and that added time!lol.)

Im still not 100% happy with it, but for now it will hafta do (I dont like where the guards are, I may swap them with Buzzy and Carnivus) I Theres a lot more room now, I could even bring Marzo back from storage.

But Im dreading the Shadow beast arriving...cos theres not enough room for another Gygor scale figure! dang it!

aj
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; February 12, 2011 at 08:28am.

[/CENTER]