Page 197 of 292 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 7282

Thread: Australians out there

  1. #4901
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I agree with this logo, my only preference is that the name is He-man.org & the Masters of Down Under. Dosent matter if thats not the name chosen im not going to get annoyed or anything.
    I tend to agree LT although I would prob even drop the "of" so its just:

    He-man.org & the Masters Down Under

    it rolls off the tongue a little better than Eternians Down Under IMO

  2. #4902
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    I have been working on a MOTUC Stone Wall diorama/back drop to take photos with. It is currently still WIP but I have just finished painting it.

    The stone bricks are made from air dry clay and the main dio is styrofoam. I would have liked the stones to be more uniform but I have never done any sculpting before so I will just say I meant for it to have the rough, hand made, uneven look

    I still need to touch up some of the gaps, add some ground cover and some plants but here it is so far;









    I have never done anything like this before so please be gentle

  3. #4903
    Widget becca156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    beyond the black stump
    Posts
    26
    I like the logo and would wear it on a t-shirt. If there was both sides done, with He-Man on the back holding aloft an Australian flag instead of his sword and with "I Have The Power" written beneath......??

    Husband would probably cringe but it wouldn't be the weirdest thing in my wardrobe.




    Fallen, that stonewall looks better than a bought one.

  4. #4904
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    Nice work TheFallen! - what brand of clay did u use? is it expensive? I'm doing something similar and am sussing out what my options are as far as what materials to use ... looking good anyway bro

  5. #4905
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    Quote Originally Posted by becca156 View Post
    I like the logo and would wear it on a t-shirt. If there was both sides done, with He-Man on the back holding aloft an Australian flag instead of his sword and with "I Have The Power" written beneath......??

    Husband would probably cringe but it wouldn't be the weirdest thing in my wardrobe.




    Fallen, that stonewall looks better than a bought one.
    Thanks becca

    Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    Nice work TheFallen! - what brand of clay did u use? is it expensive? I'm doing something similar and am sussing out what my options are as far as what materials to use ... looking good anyway bro
    Thanks TJ. I used Darwi air dry clay. I got it from Spotlight, $15 for a kilo.

    As I said, I had never done anything like this before so it was pretty much trial and error. It wasn't until I had actually painted it that I thought it may turn out the way I wanted

  6. #4906
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    RAD! I'll suss it out

  7. #4907
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    Just to add, I had never painted anything beore either so this was, and still is, trial and error all the way through.

    @becca, are you still looking at doing weapons?

  8. #4908
    Widget becca156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    beyond the black stump
    Posts
    26
    Yeah, Fallen, still looking at doing weapons. Polymer clay or steel.

    I want to do swords, sheilds, bows & quivers, throwing axes, labrys, and grappling hooks.

    I need a small supply of coke to run my mini-forge to do wrought iron swords, but can also do them cut from steel sheet. Went out and got cut-off disks and brazing rods, had the blanks all marked out, then realised the vice is no longer attached to the workbench. grrrr....

    Will post photos once I get my $#*! together.

  9. #4909
    Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I have been working on a MOTUC Stone Wall diorama/back drop to take photos with. It is currently still WIP but I have just finished painting it.

    The stone bricks are made from air dry clay and the main dio is styrofoam. I would have liked the stones to be more uniform but I have never done any sculpting before so I will just say I meant for it to have the rough, hand made, uneven look

    I still need to touch up some of the gaps, add some ground cover and some plants but here it is so far;

    http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...C/P1010569.jpg

    http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...C/P1010565.jpg

    http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...C/P1010568.jpg

    http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...C/P1010570.jpg

    I have never done anything like this before so please be gentle
    Nice work! Looks awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by becca156 View Post
    Yeah, Fallen, still looking at doing weapons. Polymer clay or steel.

    I want to do swords, sheilds, bows & quivers, throwing axes, labrys, and grappling hooks.

    I need a small supply of coke to run my mini-forge to do wrought iron swords, but can also do them cut from steel sheet. Went out and got cut-off disks and brazing rods, had the blanks all marked out, then realised the vice is no longer attached to the workbench. grrrr....

    Will post photos once I get my $#*! together.
    STEEL! WOW! NICE! Keep us updated on your progress
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 21, 2011 at 02:08am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #4910
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    Quote Originally Posted by becca156 View Post
    Yeah, Fallen, still looking at doing weapons. Polymer clay or steel.

    I want to do swords, sheilds, bows & quivers, throwing axes, labrys, and grappling hooks.

    I need a small supply of coke to run my mini-forge to do wrought iron swords, but can also do them cut from steel sheet. Went out and got cut-off disks and brazing rods, had the blanks all marked out, then realised the vice is no longer attached to the workbench. grrrr....

    Will post photos once I get my $#*! together.
    Coke as in cola or the other kind?

    Steel weapons

  11. #4911
    "No Lashor, We Bash Ya!" Robzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I have been working on a MOTUC Stone Wall diorama/back drop to take photos with. It is currently still WIP but I have just finished painting it.
    [snip]
    I have never done anything like this before so please be gentle
    As I wrote elsewhere... it's stunning man! I hope you continue with this... I'd love to hear how you did it too!

    Great stuff!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

  12. #4912
    Widget becca156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    beyond the black stump
    Posts
    26
    A third kind of coke. Coking coal. But it's so hard to come by, and costs have gone from $33 a tonne to $400 a tonne. i might invest in an oxy set......
    Last edited by becca156; February 21, 2011 at 06:48pm. Reason: additional information found

  13. #4913
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    As I wrote elsewhere... it's stunning man! I hope you continue with this... I'd love to hear how you did it too!

    Great stuff!
    Thanks. When I was building it I thought about taking In Progress shots but because I didn't really know what I was doing or if it would even turn out I didn't bother with it.

    I still have some clay left over so I am going to make a smaller scale version for my Son so I will do a tutorial for that one. But that won't be until I finish this one
    Last edited by TheFallen; February 21, 2011 at 07:02pm.

  14. #4914
    Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Coke as in cola or the other kind?
    I was thinking exactly the same thing

    Quote Originally Posted by becca156 View Post
    A third kind of coke. Coking coal. But it's so hard to come by, and costs have gone from $33 a tonne to $400 a tonne. i might invest in an oxy set......
    Ouch! Expensive stuff!

    Other: Hoping to download Skype this week...so I'll be one step closer to this proposed geek session with you guys!
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 21, 2011 at 08:44pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #4915
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    I contacted Mattel AU in the hopes that we may see the TRU DC vs MOTU 2 packs here. This is the reply I got;

    Hello

    Thank you for contacting us, we appreciate the opportunity to respond.

    We do not have these only our current list and will have more information regarding products to be ranged in 2011, by mid to late March.


    Regards

    Mattel Pty Ltd
    Consumer Relations Department
    Ph 1300135312
    Email infoaust@mattel.com

  16. #4916
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I contacted Mattel AU in the hopes that we may see the TRU DC vs MOTU 2 packs here. This is the reply I got;

    Hello

    Thank you for contacting us, we appreciate the opportunity to respond.

    We do not have these only our current list and will have more information regarding products to be ranged in 2011, by mid to late March.


    Regards

    Mattel Pty Ltd
    Consumer Relations Department
    Ph 1300135312
    Email infoaust@mattel.com
    Wow thats vaguely hopeful! Though it would be typical if they started here with that She Ra Shite!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  17. #4917
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    Atleast you got a response from Mattel however vague ... TRU haven't responded to any of the requests i've made through their au site

  18. #4918
    For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie, Australia
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    I tend to agree LT although I would prob even drop the "of" so its just:

    He-man.org & the Masters Down Under

    it rolls off the tongue a little better than Eternians Down Under IMO
    Agree, remove the "of" and it does sound better.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I have been working on a MOTUC Stone Wall diorama/back drop to take photos with. It is currently still WIP but I have just finished painting it.

    The stone bricks are made from air dry clay and the main dio is styrofoam. I would have liked the stones to be more uniform but I have never done any sculpting before so I will just say I meant for it to have the rough, hand made, uneven look

    I still need to touch up some of the gaps, add some ground cover and some plants but here it is so far;
    I have never done anything like this before so please be gentle
    Really good job, like it alot.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Thanks. When I was building it I thought about taking In Progress shots but because I didn't really know what I was doing or if it would even turn out I didn't bother with it.

    I still have some clay left over so I am going to make a smaller scale version for my Son so I will do a tutorial for that one. But that won't be until I finish this one
    I was the same when i set up my battle zone diorama, i never attempted anything like it before so was taking a few pics along the way, plus to give updates aswell.

    On that diorama front, it will be coming down soonmy baby is due in 6 weeks so there goes my toy room.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

  19. #4919
    Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    On that diorama front, it will be coming down soonmy baby is due in 6 weeks so there goes my toy room.
    Truly awesome news that you are gonna have a baby in the fam soon Shame about the toy room though You are still keeping your MOTU collection though, I hope...?

  20. #4920
    For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie, Australia
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    Atleast you got a response from Mattel however vague ... TRU haven't responded to any of the requests i've made through their au site
    Left messages with TRU and never got back to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by kinggreyskull2011 View Post
    Truly awesome news that you are gonna have a baby in the fam soon Shame about the toy room though You are still keeping your MOTU collection though, I hope...?
    No chance, my brother said garage sale and i said I DONT THINK SO.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

  21. #4921
    Heroic Warrior DaBigfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia...
    Posts
    303
    In regards to the Mattel AU thing, you may notice there is a massive lack in 6 inch scale figures at Toys r us, minus the wwe stuff. For tru AU there is ONE, yes ONE person who purchases the boys action figures and i was talking to a manager at Belconnen who said he was told directly from this person that, and i quote "6 inch figures are dead in Australia, and toys r us won't be getting any in the near future..."
    MOTUC is my thing!

  22. #4922
    Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    No chance, my brother said garage sale and i said I DONT THINK SO.
    Happy to hear it man MOTU 4 life

    Anyone heard from Skelehorde lately?
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 22, 2011 at 06:53am.

  23. #4923
    Widget becca156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    beyond the black stump
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    In regards to the Mattel AU thing, you may notice there is a massive lack in 6 inch scale figures at Toys r us, minus the wwe stuff. For tru AU there is ONE, yes ONE person who purchases the boys action figures and i was talking to a manager at Belconnen who said he was told directly from this person that, and i quote "6 inch figures are dead in Australia, and toys r us won't be getting any in the near future..."
    Maybe we should start a petition. If Mattel realise there is still a market for 6" figures they will meet it. Honestly, have any of you ever heard of an American Corporation that didn't want to make as much money as possible?
    Besides, think of all the people our age who have kids the age we used to be who have totally forgotten masters of the universe? All it would take would be re-runs on channel 11 before school, and a quick trip through the toy section on Saturday morning and it will be a deafening chorus of "mummy i want mummy i want!!!" and, mummy will probably oblige because she suddenly remembers he-man from when she was little.
    Mattel will be hearing the registers clink in no time.

  24. #4924
    Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    In regards to the Mattel AU thing, you may notice there is a massive lack in 6 inch scale figures at Toys r us, minus the wwe stuff. For tru AU there is ONE, yes ONE person who purchases the boys action figures and i was talking to a manager at Belconnen who said he was told directly from this person that, and i quote "6 inch figures are dead in Australia, and toys r us won't be getting any in the near future..."
    Well then I'm afraid my money won't be spent in Australian stores in the near future either, and will continue to go to overseas companies.

  25. #4925
    "No Lashor, We Bash Ya!" Robzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    514
    Yay! My Concept He-man, er, I mean Vikor arrived today... he's my new favourite (God, I sound fickle)
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •