Page 197 of 292 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 7282

Thread: Australians out there

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I agree with this logo, my only preference is that the name is He-man.org & the Masters of Down Under. Dosent matter if thats not the name chosen im not going to get annoyed or anything.
    I tend to agree LT although I would prob even drop the "of" so its just:

He-man.org & the Masters Down Under

it rolls off the tongue a little better than Eternians Down Under IMO

I have been working on a MOTUC Stone Wall diorama/back drop to take photos with. It is currently still WIP but I have just finished painting it.

The stone bricks are made from air dry clay and the main dio is styrofoam. I would have liked the stones to be more uniform but I have never done any sculpting before so I will just say I meant for it to have the rough, hand made, uneven look

I still need to touch up some of the gaps, add some ground cover and some plants but here it is so far;

I have never done anything like this before so please be gentle

I like the logo and would wear it on a t-shirt. If there was both sides done, with He-Man on the back holding aloft an Australian flag instead of his sword and with "I Have The Power" written beneath......??

Husband would probably cringe but it wouldn't be the weirdest thing in my wardrobe.

Fallen, that stonewall looks better than a bought one.

Nice work TheFallen! - what brand of clay did u use? is it expensive? I'm doing something similar and am sussing out what my options are as far as what materials to use ... looking good anyway bro

Quote Originally Posted by becca156 View Post
    I like the logo and would wear it on a t-shirt. If there was both sides done, with He-Man on the back holding aloft an Australian flag instead of his sword and with "I Have The Power" written beneath......??

Husband would probably cringe but it wouldn't be the weirdest thing in my wardrobe.

Fallen, that stonewall looks better than a bought one.
    Thanks becca

Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    Nice work TheFallen! - what brand of clay did u use? is it expensive? I'm doing something similar and am sussing out what my options are as far as what materials to use ... looking good anyway bro
    Thanks TJ. I used Darwi air dry clay. I got it from Spotlight, $15 for a kilo.

As I said, I had never done anything like this before so it was pretty much trial and error. It wasn't until I had actually painted it that I thought it may turn out the way I wanted

RAD! I'll suss it out

Just to add, I had never painted anything beore either so this was, and still is, trial and error all the way through.

@becca, are you still looking at doing weapons?

Yeah, Fallen, still looking at doing weapons. Polymer clay or steel.

I want to do swords, sheilds, bows & quivers, throwing axes, labrys, and grappling hooks.

I need a small supply of coke to run my mini-forge to do wrought iron swords, but can also do them cut from steel sheet. Went out and got cut-off disks and brazing rods, had the blanks all marked out, then realised the vice is no longer attached to the workbench. grrrr....

Will post photos once I get my $#*! together.

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I have been working on a MOTUC Stone Wall diorama/back drop to take photos with. It is currently still WIP but I have just finished painting it.

The stone bricks are made from air dry clay and the main dio is styrofoam. I would have liked the stones to be more uniform but I have never done any sculpting before so I will just say I meant for it to have the rough, hand made, uneven look

I still need to touch up some of the gaps, add some ground cover and some plants but here it is so far;

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...C/P1010569.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...C/P1010565.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...C/P1010568.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...C/P1010570.jpg

Nice work! Looks awesome!

I want to do swords, sheilds, bows & quivers, throwing axes, labrys, and grappling hooks.

I need a small supply of coke to run my mini-forge to do wrought iron swords, but can also do them cut from steel sheet. Went out and got cut-off disks and brazing rods, had the blanks all marked out, then realised the vice is no longer attached to the workbench. grrrr....

STEEL! WOW! NICE! Keep us updated on your progress
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 21, 2011 at 02:08am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Coke as in cola or the other kind?

Steel weapons

[snip]
    As I wrote elsewhere... it's stunning man! I hope you continue with this... I'd love to hear how you did it too!

Great stuff!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

A third kind of coke. Coking coal. But it's so hard to come by, and costs have gone from $33 a tonne to $400 a tonne. i might invest in an oxy set......
    Last edited by becca156; February 21, 2011 at 06:48pm. Reason: additional information found

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    As I wrote elsewhere... it's stunning man! I hope you continue with this... I'd love to hear how you did it too!

Great stuff!
    Thanks. When I was building it I thought about taking In Progress shots but because I didn't really know what I was doing or if it would even turn out I didn't bother with it.

I still have some clay left over so I am going to make a smaller scale version for my Son so I will do a tutorial for that one. But that won't be until I finish this one
    Last edited by TheFallen; February 21, 2011 at 07:02pm.

Coke as in cola or the other kind?
    I was thinking exactly the same thing

A third kind of coke. Coking coal. But it's so hard to come by, and costs have gone from $33 a tonne to $400 a tonne. i might invest in an oxy set......
    Ouch! Expensive stuff!

Other: Hoping to download Skype this week...so I'll be one step closer to this proposed geek session with you guys!
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 21, 2011 at 08:44pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I contacted Mattel AU in the hopes that we may see the TRU DC vs MOTU 2 packs here. This is the reply I got;

Hello

Thank you for contacting us, we appreciate the opportunity to respond.

We do not have these only our current list and will have more information regarding products to be ranged in 2011, by mid to late March.

Regards

Mattel Pty Ltd
    Consumer Relations Department
    Ph 1300135312
    Email infoaust@mattel.com

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I contacted Mattel AU in the hopes that we may see the TRU DC vs MOTU 2 packs here. This is the reply I got;

Hello

Thank you for contacting us, we appreciate the opportunity to respond.

We do not have these only our current list and will have more information regarding products to be ranged in 2011, by mid to late March.

Regards

Mattel Pty Ltd
    Consumer Relations Department
    Ph 1300135312
    Email infoaust@mattel.com
    Wow thats vaguely hopeful! Though it would be typical if they started here with that She Ra Shite!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Atleast you got a response from Mattel however vague ... TRU haven't responded to any of the requests i've made through their au site

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I tend to agree LT although I would prob even drop the "of" so its just:

He-man.org & the Masters Down Under

it rolls off the tongue a little better than Eternians Down Under IMO
    Agree, remove the "of" and it does sound better.

Really good job, like it alot.

Thanks. When I was building it I thought about taking In Progress shots but because I didn't really know what I was doing or if it would even turn out I didn't bother with it.

I still have some clay left over so I am going to make a smaller scale version for my Son so I will do a tutorial for that one. But that won't be until I finish this one
    I was the same when i set up my battle zone diorama, i never attempted anything like it before so was taking a few pics along the way, plus to give updates aswell.

On that diorama front, it will be coming down soonmy baby is due in 6 weeks so there goes my toy room.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

On that diorama front, it will be coming down soonmy baby is due in 6 weeks so there goes my toy room.
    Truly awesome news that you are gonna have a baby in the fam soon Shame about the toy room though You are still keeping your MOTU collection though, I hope...?

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Atleast you got a response from Mattel however vague ... TRU haven't responded to any of the requests i've made through their au site
    Left messages with TRU and never got back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggreyskull2011 View Post
    Truly awesome news that you are gonna have a baby in the fam soon Shame about the toy room though You are still keeping your MOTU collection though, I hope...?
    No chance, my brother said garage sale and i said I DONT THINK SO.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

In regards to the Mattel AU thing, you may notice there is a massive lack in 6 inch scale figures at Toys r us, minus the wwe stuff. For tru AU there is ONE, yes ONE person who purchases the boys action figures and i was talking to a manager at Belconnen who said he was told directly from this person that, and i quote "6 inch figures are dead in Australia, and toys r us won't be getting any in the near future..."
    MOTUC is my thing!

No chance, my brother said garage sale and i said I DONT THINK SO.
    Happy to hear it man MOTU 4 life

Anyone heard from Skelehorde lately?
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 22, 2011 at 06:53am.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    In regards to the Mattel AU thing, you may notice there is a massive lack in 6 inch scale figures at Toys r us, minus the wwe stuff. For tru AU there is ONE, yes ONE person who purchases the boys action figures and i was talking to a manager at Belconnen who said he was told directly from this person that, and i quote "6 inch figures are dead in Australia, and toys r us won't be getting any in the near future..."
    Maybe we should start a petition. If Mattel realise there is still a market for 6" figures they will meet it. Honestly, have any of you ever heard of an American Corporation that didn't want to make as much money as possible?
    Besides, think of all the people our age who have kids the age we used to be who have totally forgotten masters of the universe? All it would take would be re-runs on channel 11 before school, and a quick trip through the toy section on Saturday morning and it will be a deafening chorus of "mummy i want mummy i want!!!" and, mummy will probably oblige because she suddenly remembers he-man from when she was little.
    Mattel will be hearing the registers clink in no time.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    Well then I'm afraid my money won't be spent in Australian stores in the near future either, and will continue to go to overseas companies.

Yay! My Concept He-man, er, I mean Vikor arrived today... he's my new favourite (God, I sound fickle)
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)