Page 198 of 293 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 7303

Thread: Australians out there

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Yay! My Concept He-man, er, I mean Vikor arrived today... he's my new favourite (God, I sound fickle)
    Now you can update your signature because I know for a fact that you are one less Buzz Off

Vikor is right up there as my favourite figure. He doesn't quite have enough appeal to knock off Trap Jaw, but including the NYTF reveals, Vikor is my favourite figure of 2011 so far

I have started a collection of vintage mini comics and I thought I would check here to see if anyone had any doubles that they wouldn't mind selling. I realise the chances of getting the Ultimate Battleground are slim but I have listed all the ones I need;

Battle in the Clounds (currently being bid on ebay but listed just in case)
    Between a Rock and a Hard place
    Dragon's Gift
    Energy Zoids
    Enter... Buzz Saw Hordak
    Escape from the Slime Pit
    Grizzlor: The legend comes alive
    He-Man and the Power Sword
    Hordak - The Ruthless Leader's revenge
    Leech - The Master of Suction Power unleashed
    Mantenna & the menace of the Evil Horde (currently being bid on ebay but listed just in case)
    Revenge of the Snake Men
    Skeletor's Dragon
    Snake Attack
    The Cosmic Key
    The Fastest Draw in the Universe
    The Flying Fists of Power
    The Horde's of Hordak
    The Magic Stealer (currently being bid on ebay but listed just in case)
    The Menace of Multi Bot
    The Menace of Trap Jaw
    The Obelisk
    The Ordeal of Man-E-Faces (currently being bid on ebay but listed just in case)
    The Power of... Point Dread (currently being bid on ebay but listed just in case)
    The Search for Keldor
    The Seige of Avion
    The Stench of Evil (currently being bid on ebay but listed just in case)
    The Tale of Teela
    The Terror Claws Strike
    The Ultimate Battleground
    The Warrior Machine
    Last edited by TheFallen; February 22, 2011 at 09:51pm. Reason: Added mini comic wish list

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    Hey everyone,

Im brand new here He-Man.org, but ive been trolling the forums for the past 2 years since I started my Classics collection. Im from sydney and keen to get in touch with other He-Fans and She-Ravers!

I've gotten most of my collection from ebay and the odd comic con, and recently ive spotted some in retail stores, but waaaaay over priced at $75 a pop, even for the weapons pak! from what ive read here most of you have subscriptions, is that much better?

look forward to getting involved here!!

Welcome Horde Trooper 84

It is great having you join our wonderful community

As for the sub, when they sell the 2012 subscription during SDCC this year I suggest you jump on it, providing you don't mind having all figures and your not just a cherry picker

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Welcome Horde Trooper 84

It is great having you join our wonderful community

As for the sub, when they sell the 2012 subscription during SDCC this year I suggest you jump on it, providing you don't mind having all figures and your not just a cherry picker
    Thanks dude,

yeah well I like to pick and choose which figures I get, I try and keep it standard figures I remember and loved as a kid.

I noticed a few pages back someone was asking about the dvds of the series, I have all the MOTU and POP episodes on my pc, id be happy to send them to anyone who wants them

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Im wonder how our NZ board members are ok due to the Christchurch earthquake. Thinking of you.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Horde Trooper 84 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Im brand new here He-Man.org, but ive been trolling the forums for the past 2 years since I started my Classics collection. Im from sydney and keen to get in touch with other He-Fans and She-Ravers!

I've gotten most of my collection from ebay and the odd comic con, and recently ive spotted some in retail stores, but waaaaay over priced at $75 a pop, even for the weapons pak! from what ive read here most of you have subscriptions, is that much better?

Hey there! Welcome to the gang! Yeah, the figs on ebay and in some comic stores here are pretty expensive...I would honestly buy so much more in regards to MOTUC if it was just a little bit more affordable (like $20-25 + shipping per figure).

I don't know all that much about the subscription, but I don't think it's something I would do (you have to try and buy the newly released figure on every Tuesday of every month yeah? And is it right that there's no guarantee your going to get one if they sell out first?).

I dunno, when it comes to figure / merch purchases I'm a little bit more old school - preferably I wish like 200x the MOTUC line was available in major franchise stores like Target and K-Mart (or at the very least Toys R Us!).

I'm still collecting the 200x figures (pretty big fan of these guys) MOC when I can (although space is becoming an issue, so I may shift to buying the remaining figures in the line loose) and it hurts when I use to buy these in-store for under $15 ($5-10 each when they were on sale) and even today I can usually find them online for under $22 AUD each. The mark-up on MOTUC really hurts I just wish the line was not online-only and instead mass marketed like the 200x and vintage lines before it!

I've been happy for a while collecting everything except PoG loose, but even then I would expect loose figures to be sold for $10-15 tops and instead people in the US are wanting the same prices for these as MOC! It's something I just can't afford!

That's why I've come to the decision that I'll at least try and collect the entire PoG and Prototype line MOC / MIB and I'll count my blessings if I can literally get anything else cheap MOC or loose (due to space issues with any other figs I can get my hands on, I will be opening them even if MOC).

Anyway...lol sidetracked a little there...

WELCOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    Im wonder how our NZ board members are ok due to the Christchurch earthquake. Thinking of you.
    Most definitely! It's just terrible Stay safe everyone...my thoughts are with you!
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 22, 2011 at 10:22pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the thing is I dont mind waiting a little while to get the figures, usually on ebay theyre about $40-50 each, australian sellers get them a couple of weeks after they come out so thats not too bad. I like to buy them in batches to save on the postage.

I watch Pixel Dan's video reviews of the figures to help me make up my mind if I want the figures in my core collection. Mind you Ive got about 20 now, and Im quickly running out of space. 2 days ago I got Grizzlor and Roboto, they barely fit! I wasnt too happy with roboto, but love Grizzlor. Cant wait to get more Evil Horde!

Next I Think I'll go for Buzz-Off, Bow and Whiplash, but again space is an issue.
    Ive been shopping around for display cases, but with no luck. Ive tried Ikea and stores like that, could you guys offer any good places where I could check some out?

Sorry for the long message

the thing is I dont mind waiting a little while to get the figures, usually on ebay theyre about $40-50 each, australian sellers get them a couple of weeks after they come out so thats not too bad. I like to buy them in batches to save on the postage.

I watch Pixel Dan's video reviews of the figures to help me make up my mind if I want the figures in my core collection. Mind you Ive got about 20 now, and Im quickly running out of space. 2 days ago I got Grizzlor and Roboto, they barely fit! I wasnt too happy with roboto, but love Grizzlor. Cant wait to get more Evil Horde!

Next I Think I'll go for Buzz-Off, Bow and Whiplash, but again space is an issue.
    Ive been shopping around for display cases, but with no luck. Ive tried Ikea and stores like that, could you guys offer any good places where I could check some out?

See, even $40-50 + shipping is a bit pricey for me to justify, but that's also how I got the 4 figures currently in my collection.

Same in regards to the Pixel Dan vids, they REALLY help to make my mind up if I want a fig or not, very cool resource for us fans

Not sure if they would fit with the height, but there are a lot of car plastic display cases on ebay, especially the larger size ones, which have me wondering if they might be good for MOTUC figs...thing is most only have a height of 6" inches and I'm thinking MOTUC figs are probably closer to 7" and it's no good if they are squashed in there...you want some head room / space.

Any tips on cases guys?

Thanks dude,

yeah well I like to pick and choose which figures I get, I try and keep it standard figures I remember and loved as a kid.

I noticed a few pages back someone was asking about the dvds of the series, I have all the MOTU and POP episodes on my pc, id be happy to send them to anyone who wants them

I wouldn't mind a copy of the episodes.
    It's been many many years since I've seen them and I need some new cartoons for my daughter to watch. She's just about outgrown In The Night Garden and I would like to wean her onto decent cartoons, not nickelodeon crap.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggreyskull2011 View Post
    Not sure if they would fit with the height, but there are a lot of car plastic display cases on ebay, especially the larger size ones, which have me wondering if they might be good for MOTUC figs...thing is most only have a height of 6" inches and I'm thinking MOTUC figs are probably closer to 7" and it's no good if they are squashed in there...you want some head room / space.
    Thats a really good idea, didnt think of car display cases thanks!

Yeah the height is a problem, I already have a cabinet for my Marvel Legends, but alot of the Build-A-Figures dont fit in for that reason.

Thats a really good idea, didnt think of car display cases thanks!

Yeah the height is a problem, I already have a cabinet for my Marvel Legends, but alot of the Build-A-Figures dont fit in for that reason.
    No probs Glad to be of help

Quote Originally Posted by becca156 View Post
    I wouldn't mind a copy of the episodes.
    It's been many many years since I've seen them and I need some new cartoons for my daughter to watch. She's just about outgrown In The Night Garden and I would like to wean her onto decent cartoons, not nickelodeon crap.
    sure thing, pm me your address and I'll mail them to you. theyre in mkv and avi format I think so you can turn them into dvds whatever you want. I have 2000X episodes as well

MOTU isnt the greatest cartoon, but it got alot better over the run of the show and by the time She-Ra came along the show had gotten really good, but yeah much better than whats on now!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

Any tips on cases guys?
    Ive just bought a great Case,will post pics when its set up, but your estiimate of the height of the figs isnt counting 'Staffs' etc! if you want to display figs such as He-Ro,Scare Glow,randor etc with their staffs ya hafta add maybe two inches!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Hey everyone,

Welcome HT

As someone farely new here myself i can say you will find it very welcoming here.

I'm thinking of subscribing myself this year. even if there is a figure i don't like selling it off to someone who does i'm sure will help even the cost down over all. but got to say there is only one figure so far that i haven't really cared for (green Goddess) and i doubt any other figure could be that bad (and really even she herself is not a horrible figure just not the best in a group of A Plus figures)

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Anyone heard from Skelehorde lately?
    Was just thinking the same thing, i know he was selling off some of his motuc so i hope he still comes here from time to time.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Was just thinking the same thing, i know he was selling off some of his motuc so i hope he still comes here from time to time.
    Me too, cause I've sent him a few PMS, but haven't heard back from him and I'm still waiting for my Battle Armour He-Man to arrive...

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Ive just bought a great Case,will post pics when its set up, but your estiimate of the height of the figs isnt counting 'Staffs' etc! if you want to display figs such as He-Ro,Scare Glow,randor etc with their staffs ya hafta add maybe two inches!

ka
    Yes! Pics would be awesome - what kind of case did you go for? Was it expensive?
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 23, 2011 at 04:09am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Welcome HT

As someone farely new here myself i can say you will find it very welcoming here.

I'm thinking of subscribing myself this year. even if there is a figure i don't like selling it off to someone who does i'm sure will help even the cost down over all. but got to say there is only one figure so far that i haven't really cared for (green Goddess) and i doubt any other figure could be that bad (and really even she herself is not a horrible figure just not the best in a group of A Plus figures)
    Thanks man

Yeah I know what you mean, I try to avoid the variants where I can, I dont have more than one version of a character (with the exception of battle armour he-man, he was one I had as a kid and he looks bad ass)
    Buying online can help sometimes, I bought my orko online without the prince adam, cos i didnt fancy that figure at all so i got lucky with a good deal

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Hey everyone,

Hey welcome to the Aussie thread, (like your name) ebay is expensive, i wait to get good prices but sometimes i wait a while, would be different if i werent getting classics every month i would fork some extra money out.

With the sub here is my suggestions, if you want everything like me then the sub is for you. You dont have to wake up between 2 to 4am once a month hoping not to miss out and if you do then Matty stuffs up (like not sending enough Vikors) and you miss out then you have to wake up the same time a week later it gets annoying real quick. Trust me i have been lucky but when your up at 4am trying to buy a figure and feeling nervous its a VERY odd feeling as you know figures are going to sell out quick (like moss man like 2 minutes into the sale, you dont want to miss out), the others in this thread will vouch for what im saying as the past 2 years on Matty has been a little crazy and unpredictable.

With Matty the sell-outs arent happening as quick, if you free your guys from there plastic prisons and dont care about the starburst you can play catch up real quick as they are re-releasing alot of figures on a monthly basis now. Like i said figures are up for sale longer now but with Matty anything could happen.

So if you want everything then the sub is for you, if you want to pic and choose then expect early mornings unless you want to risk the figure still being up for sale when you wake up. Bow sold out in an hour in the last sale so yeah its still a gamble.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Thanks dude,

Mate, welcome, and i'd love a copy of the she-ra toons, haven't seen them for years....
    MOTUC is my thing!

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    Mate, welcome, and i'd love a copy of the she-ra toons, haven't seen them for years....
    Oooh! Me too! I never saw POP Cartoon.

[/CENTER]

More than happy to hook anyone who wants the Eps. The She-Ra eps are in MP4 format though, as long as you dont mind that. All the He-Mans are in AVI so they arent a problem.

Just PM me your address and ill get on it

Also any of you sydney guys goings to the Armaggedon expo at olympic park on the weekend? Im thinkin of going to see if I can snap up any classics, I had some luck with Supanova last year

See, even $40-50 + shipping is a bit pricey for me to justify, but that's also how I got the 4 figures currently in my collection.

Same in regards to the Pixel Dan vids, they REALLY help to make my mind up if I want a fig or not, very cool resource for us fans

Any tips on cases guys?
    I don't know if this is what you after but if you want cases for MOC then try Zoloworld

It is great to see this thread so active again. Great stuff guys, lets keep it up

Ive given it some thought, and I really think I should join Gimp,Scott,Skelehorde and the others who have withdrawn from the .org proper, Ill still come in here (the AU thread)Occasionally but Im really over the MOTUC forums, the negativity has been getting to me lately.

Im not gonna take as extreme measures as Scott has (although I fully understand and appreciate his reasons),but chatting with him in other sites has made me think about my contributions and lack thereof.

I will still lurk at the .org occasionally, but I dont want to waste my time screaming in a vacuum.

Im just really glad that we have so many new Aussie fans on board! some great new blood! and I look forward to chatting with you guys when I pop in. I still love our lil' group in here, and the support we give each other! Im also still on for Supernova!

I will still use the .orgs Chat everyday, cos I love the humor,banter,camaraderie and positivity in there! so maybe I'll see you guys in there occasionally!

If anyone needs me just PM me, or look me up on FB,I'll be getting my MOTUC updates over at OZFIGURAMA.

I may just need a few weeks break from the MOTUC forums,so who knows but for now... Cya.

Take care Gang, and Good Journey

Aj
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; February 23, 2011 at 09:51am.

[/CENTER]

I'm sorry to hear that Aj. I have to admit, I do not like the recent exodus from the .org but these things happen and nothing I, or anyone else, can do anything to change that.

I will not leave this forum, this is my home. I am registered at Ozfigurama but I don't even visit there any more, for no particular reason other than laziness.

I would have shared my time between here and an Official Australian MOTU collectors community and it is something I have been thinking about starting myself as I know there has been some interest in it.

I hope this current exodus does not affect our plans for the Supernova get together but I wish everone who is leaving/has left the best

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Ive given it some thought, and I really think I should join Gimp,Scott,Skelehorde and the others who have withdrawn from the .org proper, Ill still come in here (the AU thread)Occasionally but Im really over the MOTUC forums, the negativity has been getting to me lately.

Im not gonna take as extreme measures as Scott has (although I fully understand and appreciate his reasons),but chatting with him in other sites has made me think about my contributions and lack thereof.

I will still lurk at the .org occasionally, but I dont want to waste my time screaming in a vacuum.

Im just really glad that we have so many new Aussie fans on board! some great new blood! and I look forward to chatting with you guys when I pop in. I still love our lil' group in here, and the support we give each other! Im also still on for Supernova!

I will still use the .orgs Chat everyday, cos I love the humor,banter,camaraderie and positivity in there! so maybe I'll see you guys in there occasionally!

If anyone needs me just PM me, or look me up on FB,I'll be getting my MOTUC updates over at OZFIGURAMA.

I may just need a few weeks break from the MOTUC forums,so who knows but for now... Cya.

Take care Gang, and Good Journey

Aj
    Oh no man! Just as I was starting to enjoy your posts here Dont forget about us man! Sign me up as a friend on here and we can shoot the breeze every so often! I'm unaware of the negativity, but sorry to here it is consuming the boards and driving good peeps away from here - not cool! Good journey buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I don't know if this is what you after but if you want cases for MOC then try Zoloworld

It is great to see this thread so active again. Great stuff guys, lets keep it up
    Really enjoying my time here, gotta feeling I'll be around for a long while Thanks heaps for the link, will check it out!

Update: Just bought 27 vintage figures, complete with armour and weapons and in very good played-with condition for $380 AUD would u consider that a good deal? I'm just curious...cause I know very little about the worth of classic figures nowadays! Obviously they have majorly gone up, but I guess part of me just wants to own them again!

Ideally, I would've loved them to be completely untouched and mint, but there is no way I can afford or would ever pay even if super rich $2000+ USD for an AFA mint graded vintage figure MOC. Oh well, I suppose this isn't a bad alternative to that!

I also just bought 16 mini comics to go with x16 of the 27 purchased figures. The plan is to get some of those plastic cases off zoloworld and make the figs & comics complete again. Maybe display them in a huge display cabinet in the future!

I mean, I guess the vintage figures are just going to keep going up, so there is no chance of loosing money on this venture!
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 24, 2011 at 04:36am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost