Page 199 of 291 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 7272

Thread: Australians out there

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that Aj. I have to admit, I do not like the recent exodus from the .org but these things happen and nothing I, or anyone else, can do anything to change that.

I will not leave this forum, this is my home. I am registered at Ozfigurama but I don't even visit there any more, for no particular reason other than laziness.

I would have shared my time between here and an Official Australian MOTU collectors community and it is something I have been thinking about starting myself as I know there has been some interest in it.

I hope this current exodus does not affect our plans for the Supernova get together but I wish everone who is leaving/has left the best
    Please don't let laziness impede on you joining our terrific little aus community over at ozfigs mate, i know starting up something new sounds like a great idea, but it is time consuming and divides an already tiny amount of people, i'm not just blowing smoke mate, i've been through it 3 times, i hope you can visit over at ozfigs more often mate.....
    MOTUC is my thing!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Its a strange feeling knowing that we are losing so many of the regulars, i guess you dont really see it coming, well i didnt.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Wow - I just join and everyone starts to leave.

I can see a lot of negativity and being new here and loving the line so much I am a bit upset to see it.

ANYWAY

One of the things I have loved is a lot of the Dioramas people are building. Especially one guy in Germany who has made a lot of rocky landscapes and Castle interiors out of Styrofoam.

Now - to me - Styrofoam is the stuff that is moulded around Fridges, TVs etc in the box when you buy them. This seems to be something along the lines of Fomular Extruded Insulation. I asked Bunnings and got a blank look. Mind you, my local one is pretty tiny.

Anyone know what this is and where to get? I needs me a diorama!

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    Please don't let laziness impede on you joining our terrific little aus community over at ozfigs mate, i know starting up something new sounds like a great idea, but it is time consuming and divides an already tiny amount of people, i'm not just blowing smoke mate, i've been through it 3 times, i hope you can visit over at ozfigs more often mate.....
    How about this, I won't promise to visit but I won't promise not to visit?

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post

I can see a lot of negativity and being new here and loving the line so much I am a bit upset to see it.

ANYWAY

One of the things I have loved is a lot of the Dioramas people are building. Especially one guy in Germany who has made a lot of rocky landscapes and Castle interiors out of Styrofoam.

Now - to me - Styrofoam is the stuff that is moulded around Fridges, TVs etc in the box when you buy them. This seems to be something along the lines of Fomular Extruded Insulation. I asked Bunnings and got a blank look. Mind you, my local one is pretty tiny.

I can't stress this enough, do not let the negativity get to you. There are a lot of passionate fans here with so many varying opinions that some times it can look pretty negative but if you want my advice, just keep out of the negative threads.

As someone who can sometimes get passionate himself, just remember these are just toys.

As for the dioramas, if you are talking about Psychdad's then I think he uses polydur, not styrofoam.
    I am getting into dioramas myself and styrofoam is working fine for me. I get mine in sheets from Spotlight.

I hope this helps

ANYWAY

Give your local Natrad a ring. they often have old boxes and styrofoam pieces that otherwise get chucked out. Unfastening the staples on the edge of the box will give you a long peice of cardborad. two commodore boxes (one laid flat and one vertical)gives a diorama base almost four foot long and eighteen inches wide and high.

Yeah I m bit worried I may have caused this mass leaving since it started when I joined. Lol

best of luck to you guys moving on and hopefully things might change and we might see ya back here in the future.

On the bright side I scored my battle cat last night. That is a great piece of plastic. Lots of guys in the comic store we're "pawing" over him telling stories of theirs as kids. That's why I love toys as adults. It get others talking

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Yeah I m bit worried I may have caused this mass leaving since it started when I joined. Lol

best of luck to you guys moving on and hopefully things might change and we might see ya back here in the future.

On the bright side I scored my battle cat last night. That is a great piece of plastic. Lots of guys in the comic store we're "pawing" over him telling stories of theirs as kids. That's why I love toys as adults. It get others talking
    Good to see you on here mate! I'll show you my shadow beasts when they show up!

- Mark.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Lots of guys in the comic store we're "pawing" over him telling stories of theirs as kids. That's why I love toys as adults. It get others talking
    That is so true! They are excellent conversational pieces

Going back to display cases - has anyone tried these for vintage and MOTUC figs?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mirrored-Bean...#ht_1175wt_936

They are cheap and definitely look tempting if a figure would fit in them...

Aaaand another cheap alternative for an actual display cabinet is this beauty:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0033P2RVO/...O&linkCode=asn
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 24, 2011 at 06:02pm.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggreyskull2011 View Post
    That is so true! They are excellent conversational pieces

Going back to display cases - has anyone tried these for vintage and MOTUC figs?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mirrored-Bean...#ht_1175wt_936

They are cheap and definitely look tempting if a figure would fit in them...

Aaaand another cheap alternative for an actual display cabinet is this beauty:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0033P2RVO/...O&linkCode=asn
    If anyone is after a display case i'm selling one of mine, its a billy corner set from ikea like this: http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/S39891458

Heres mine:

Comes with 2 glass shelves and the spare white shelves in the pics, $200 is all i want..!
    MOTUC is my thing!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I can't stress this enough, do not let the negativity get to you. There are a lot of passionate fans here with so many varying opinions that some times it can look pretty negative but if you want my advice, just keep out of the negative threads.

As someone who can sometimes get passionate himself, just remember these are just toys.
    Your on the mark here, im the same i choose my battles so to speak, this is pretty much the only forum i visit so im use to what goes on, i normally find the same members stirring up stuff.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Here's something totally left field - I was catching up on my Kylie news when I saw this topic about how her new tour look was inspired by She-Ra:

"Kylie as Shera and Annie Lennox (from the tour's outfits)"

It's nothing too exciting, but I love it when MOTU gets referenced somewhere un-related.

I love how one fan is in disbelief than another doesn't know who He-Man is.

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar

I'm not familiar with it, but it looks as though a lot of these people use it...

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/inde...howtopic=89273

Some helpful hints on where to get the stuff...

OK, so just wondering - what are everyone's top 10 favourite, vintage figures w/ reasons why?

For me it's...

- He-Man
    (will always have a real fondness for this figure - crude be todays standards maybe, but I still like his face sculpt the best out of all the he-man figures ever released thus far. Can't count how many doubles of the original I had throughout my childhood! I even had a virus he-man at one stage, but loved it just the same!)
    - Skeletor
    (the first-ever skeletor figure - what more can I say?)
    - Sy-Klone
    (Just like He-man, but more colourful! Had so much fun with this guy that I accidentally threw him in some bushes when spinning him in the air and alas, that was R.I.P for the guy)
    - Whiplash
    (what an awesome face sculpt - a really cool reptile-man!)
    - Spikor
    (Spikor was seriously awesome! Loved him...shame he's so underrated as a character and hasn't made a comeback as yet...)
    - Stinkor
    (loved the bright orange armour and the face sculpt was cool!)
    - Webster
    (boy did I have some fun with this guy back in the day lol)
    - Jitsu
    (One cool dude. I loved whacking my figs with this guys golden hand lol Considering the armor was re-used from King Randor, it actually looked better on this guy!)
    - Mosquitor
    (A figure that appears as if it's sucking REAL blood in a children's toyline?! love it!)
    - Roboto
    (just like He-man, I was so fond of Mr. Roboto that I actually had two of them to play with!)

And if having to pick 3 fav beasts or vehicles I'd go with...
    - Battle Cat
    - Stridor
    - Night Stalker

Thanks for the tips on the foam and the like.

Will have a go at getting some next week.

Re the Top 10 Vintage? I don't.

I think why I love the MOTUC so much is I only ever owned He Man and Teela as a kid.

A mate had like everything. Every playset, vehicle, the lot. His sister had every She Ra. By the time we would set up it would always be time to go home there were so many. But I loved the chances I got to play with those figures.

He also HEAPS of Transformers.

So did I - but the worst part with both is he was really hard on his toys, they were broken or covered in ***** so often, that after a while they weren't as much fun. But the early days were great.

I always wanted a set of my own then - and now I almost do!

Heroic Warrior
    I like the MOTUC line (accept for Mo-larr, Carnivus, Faceless one, Zodak and Battleground teela). But I love the Vintage line the best. I have most of the vintage line. plus some MOCs as well.

My top 10 vintage figures;

• Spikor
    • Rio Blast
    • Trap Jaw
    • Mosquitor
    • Extendar
    • Tung Lasher
    • Modulok
    • Blade
    • Stinkor
    • Two Bad

They are my favourites simply because they were so cool looking. So far only one of my favourites have been released in MOTUC so I still have a long wait ahead of me

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    Thanks for the tips on the foam and the like.

Will have a go at getting some next week.

Re the Top 10 Vintage? I don't.

I think why I love the MOTUC so much is I only ever owned He Man and Teela as a kid.

A mate had like everything. Every playset, vehicle, the lot. His sister had every She Ra. By the time we would set up it would always be time to go home there were so many. But I loved the chances I got to play with those figures.

He also HEAPS of Transformers.

So did I - but the worst part with both is he was really hard on his toys, they were broken or covered in ***** so often, that after a while they weren't as much fun. But the early days were great.

I always wanted a set of my own then - and now I almost do!
    I know what you mean, when I was a kid I didnt have many, only he-man, skeletor, randor, clawful and mosquitor. collecting motuc is like a reunion from my childhood.

my favourite vintage figures (and I am going to include She-Ra figures here too, what with being a girl and all that) are:

1) Skeletor
    2) Mantenna
    3) Sorceress
    4) She -Ra
    5) Man-at-Arms
    6) Peek-a-Blue (Psychic Peacock Woman)
    7) Teela
    8) Evil-Lyn
    9) He-Man
    10) Orko

Quote Originally Posted by becca156 View Post
    my favourite vintage figures (and I am going to include She-Ra figures here too, what with being a girl and all that) are:

1) Skeletor
    2) Mantenna
    3) Sorceress
    4) She -Ra
    5) Man-at-Arms
    6) Peek-a-Blue (Psychic Peacock Woman)
    7) Teela
    8) Evil-Lyn
    9) He-Man
    10) Orko
    Nice choices! I remember being pretty fond of the Sorceress figure with her wings!

If you pushed Sorceress' wings out the opposite way she looked like a drowned rat.

alas, all the silver detail on her bodice has worn off through many hours of play.....

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    My fav's were Ram-man, first one I got, and Skeletor. There were others but these two always were the best. I did also dig Dragstor and Modulok.

I have most of the vintage figures but never got the Laser lights or super sized ones. Oh, and I missed Rotor and twistoid. These last two never really caught my fancy.

I can't wait for more figures in MOTUC that are never before released. Like a Geldor or something.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

To anyone who still chats/talks to Skelehorde on another forum or whatever, can you kindly remind him to send me my Battle Armour He-Man when time permits - thanks!

Yeah the laser figs were almost impossible to find in my area. I certainly never owned them. VERY cool figs though!

Quote Originally Posted by kinggreyskull2011 View Post
    To anyone who still chats/talks to Skelehorde on another forum or whatever, can you kindly remind him to send me my Battle Armour He-Man when time permits - thanks!

Yeah the laser figs were almost impossible to find in my area. I certainly never owned them. VERY cool figs though!
    Is it a moc or a loose one you are after, if it is loose, i have a spare here which you can have free of charge, and i'm sure i'll catch up with skelehorde around the traps....
    MOTUC is my thing!

My top 10 fav figs as a kid (and the last 3 or so choices could had gone either way) are:
    Two-Bad
    Hordak
    Leech
    Horde Trooper
    Grizzlor
    Mantenna
    King Hiss
    Squeeze
    Whiplash
    Kobra Kahn

Also in and out of my top 10 would be:
    Clawful
    Webstor
    Trapjaw
    Ram-man
    Stinkor
    B.A. Skeletor
    B.A. He-man

As you can see im more of a villians type of guy.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    Oh I had ram-man too! I think itll be interesting to see how he translates into MOTUC