Page 200 of 292 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 7291

Thread: Australians out there

I want to start putting the finishing touches on this Supernova meet up in Sydney this year. Is this definitely going to go ahead?

I want you to post if you will be attending and what you want the name to be (the reason for the name is so we can all get a t-shirt to wear so we know who is part of it).
    Keep in mind, if we can pull this off and there is enough interest we can do it annually in a different city each year.

Once we have a list of people and the name, I, or someone, will post a thread detailing all the information on the main board.

Here is a list of possible names, feel free to add more;

.ORGANS

MOCA - Masters of Australian Collectors

MOA - Masters of Australia

MODU - Masters of Down Under

He-man.org & the Masters of Down Under

He-man.org & the Master Down Under

Eternians Down under

Antipodean Eternians

Grayskull Warriors

The Dark Hemisphere

Once we have agreed on the name hopefully Trap Jaw will be kind enough to design the logo.

So we don't keep going around in circles I am giving a deadline of two weeks for every one to choose the name and to say if they are attending. That means the last opportunity will be after the next mattycollector sale date. So Wednesday 15th is the deadline for you to make your choice.

If you need hotel information, thanks to Skelehorde it can be checked out here

This was harder than i thought
    my top ten vintage figures would prob be:

1. Scareglow
    2. Skeletor
    3. Trap-Jaw
    4. Moss-Man
    5. Tri-Klops
    6. He-Man
    7. Grizzlor
    8. Hordak
    9. Mosquitor
    10. Spikor

also ran:
    Roboto
    Mantenna
    Leech
    King Hiss
    Tung Lashor
    Buzz-Off

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    Is it a moc or a loose one you are after, if it is loose, i have a spare here which you can have free of charge, and i'm sure i'll catch up with skelehorde around the traps....
    That's awfully kind It was for a MOC Battle Armor MOTUC He-Man, but I was going to open him anyway, so a loose one would be amazing, thanks! Just make sure Skelehorde gives you something back for this down the track

I'll PM my details, again thanks, this is really awesome

Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    This was harder than i thought
    my top ten vintage figures would prob be:

1. Scareglow
    2. Skeletor
    3. Trap-Jaw
    4. Moss-Man
    5. Tri-Klops
    6. He-Man
    7. Grizzlor
    8. Hordak
    9. Mosquitor
    10. Spikor

also ran:
    Roboto
    Mantenna
    Leech
    King Hiss
    Tung Lashor
    Buzz-Off
    It sure is hard to kull so many awesome figs, isn't it? Good choices though! I always wanted Scareglow, but he was never available in my area! Mantenna and King Hiss were awesome back in the day

So how many people here are MOTU fans and single?

Again, my curiosity is getting the better of me here

Anyway, I'm one of the single MOTU ppl at this moment in time
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; March 1, 2011 at 03:58am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I want to start putting the finishing touches on this Supernova meet up in Sydney this year. Is this definitely going to go ahead?

I want you to post if you will be attending and what you want the name to be (the reason for the name is so we can all get a t-shirt to wear so we know who is part of it).
    Keep in mind, if we can pull this off and there is enough interest we can do it annually in a different city each year.

Once we have a list of people and the name, I, or someone, will post a thread detailing all the information on the main board.

He-man.org & the Masters Down Under
    I like the above name, i checked my roster today and am working that weekend but will change with someone so will confirm in the next 2 weeks but do agree we need to act on this soon.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

So far it is just you and me who are acting on it. I hope to see some of the others pipe in with their thoughts.

I actually prefer The Dark Hemisphere as a name seeing as though we are in the Southern Hemisphere and no one cares about us

I also don't mind MOCA - Masters of Australian Collectors.

Just to add, Scott said he would never wear a t-shirt that had he-man.org on it.

Count me in for any Melbourne gatherings - I'm there!

I am still on the fence for Supernova but I will make a decision soon, if i had to choose one of names it would be "He-man.org & the Masters of Down Under" or "Eternians Down Under".

It's awesome to see all the new Australian's MOTU fans appearing (& sad to see some others move on).

Welcome to the org and I hope your enjoying the MOTUC addiction!

I am sure you are all on a heman-high with all the new figures you have collected in such a short time frame.
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    Attaches is a logo I whipped up, what you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't think the name should have anything to do with He-Man.Org - we should think broader - make it an official Australian Collectors Group under one banner - whether u post on the Org or OzFigs or any other forum, shouldn't really matter ... I'd prefer it to be just an official group of collectors, regardless of the social forum used to share our thoughts and opinions.

I mean, I've collected masters for nearly 30 years but have only recently started posting on the Org, I dont really hold any loyalty to the Org for starting my MOTU collection, but I do appreciate the services it provides. I guess what I'm trying to say is a MOTU Australia Collectors "Club" for lack of a better word, would be incomplete without the likes of Ka & Scott etc, so why alienate a whole group of collectors, just because they use a different forum? Ozfigs fans should be included in the group along with any other MOTU fans that dont post on any forums... So the inclusion of He-Man.Org in the logo seems redundant to me...

I really like MOCA - MASTERS OF COLLECTORS AUSTRALIA (I think i came up with that one anyway! )

I also like MASTERS DOWN UNDER

I don't think the name should have anything to do with He-Man.Org - we should think broader - make it an official Australian Collectors Group under one banner - whether u post on the Org or OzFigs or any other forum, shouldn't really matter ... I'd prefer it to be just an official group of collectors, regardless of the social forum used to share our thoughts and opinions.

I mean, I've collected masters for nearly 30 years but have only recently started posting on the Org, I dont really hold any loyalty to the Org for starting my MOTU collection, but I do appreciate the services it provides. I guess what I'm trying to say is a MOTU Australia Collectors "Club" for lack of a better word, would be incomplete without the likes of Ka & Scott etc, so why alienate a whole group of collectors, just because they use a different forum? Ozfigs fans should be included in the group along with any other MOTU fans that dont post on any forums... So the inclusion of He-Man.Org in the logo seems redundant to me...
    This is exactly it. The Australian collectors sector isn't that big so we should try and get as many non-.orgers as possible.

Another thought for the name- Australian Masters of the Universe Collectors (AMOTUC)

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogopop View Post
    Welcome to the org and I hope your enjoying the MOTUC addiction!

I am sure you are all on a heman-high with all the new figures you have collected in such a short time frame.
    Thanks Yogopop! I think I'll be around for a while

I like the name He-man.org & the Masters of Down Under or as a second choice yeah, probably MOCA - Masters of Australian Collectors (which would have more uses off the forum, I guess too...say for a fanzines, other MOTU collectors from Oz who don't use this particular forum or whatever)...actually my fav is MOCA The vote has been cast lol

Quote Originally Posted by Horde Trooper 84 View Post
    Attaches is a logo I whipped up, what you think?
    Not bad at all

I really like MOCA - MASTERS OF COLLECTORS AUSTRALIA (I think i came up with that one anyway! )
    Couldn't agree more, I mean I never really did the forum thing even when I WAS on /org 10yrs ago and for the 10yrs I was not on here I was still actively collecting my MOC 200x figures and the like, so yeah making it exclusive to just .orgers is going to kill this thing even before it's started. Well said man!
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; March 1, 2011 at 08:56pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    So far it is just you and me who are acting on it. I hope to see some of the others pipe in with their thoughts.

I actually prefer The Dark Hemisphere as a name seeing as though we are in the Southern Hemisphere and no one cares about us

I also don't mind MOCA - Masters of Australian Collectors.

Just to add, Scott said he would never wear a t-shirt that had he-man.org on it.
    Fair enough. Do you think Scott will join us that night even though he dosent visit here anymore.

Some good points and agree, the only thing with he-man.org for someone that dosent know that he-man exits and saw the he-man.org it may bring them to the site, but then i think for starters im not a recruiter and if you cant find something use google so im cool with not using it.

Also i worked out with a chick at work to swap weekends in june so im offically going to the meet up. Im hoping to go to Supernova and meet up for dinner and a few beers into the night. To be honest im cool with the name we choose just looking forward to geek out with fellow collectors as i dont have friends that collect anything so im for one looking forward to it.

Also i dont mind the name "MASTERS DOWN UNDER" great conversation starter with the ladies if we wore out shirts out into the night. The ladies would be lining up.

On another note my sub turned up today. Woo hoo.
    Last edited by lorde trooper; March 2, 2011 at 05:01am.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

The 'Masters of Collecting' one sounds funky. Broad enough yet also very MOTUesque.

Got all my sub goodies in the mail today. All 3 figures are really cool & I love the Etherian map.

I wouldn't mind a second Shadow Beast, if anyone has one on offer please send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Fair enough. Do you think Scott will join us that night even though he dosent visit here anymore.
    This is what he said in his last post;

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Maybe I'll see you at the Supanova meet up! I'll be the guy NOT wearing an Org t-shirt...
    These are the top names so far;

MOCA - Masters of Collectors Australia
    Masters Down Under

I guess it is now between these two names unless someone has anything else to add?

I have recently found out from someone who went to Supernova last year that they had to wait in line for an hour and a half to get tickets. What this says to me is we must have our tickets pre-booked to save any hassles.

Also, a quick itinerary;
    Saturday - Supernova
    Saturday night - Dinner, drinks and geeking out (any Sydneysiders know where is the best place for this?)
    Sunday - Supernova again? (I am not sure what is going to happen on Sunday for those of us that are coming from Interstate)

Thoughts?

Very well said, i'll pass the word round over at Ozfigs!!
    MOTUC is my thing!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Howdy gang, just a quick pop in to say that my Bows,Beasts and hoodies turned up today.

Bow is hands down the finest conglomeration of plastic and rubber that MOTUC has come up with so far.......IMO.

aj
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I'm Awesome Sauce! Grange Wallis's Avatar
    I got Tytus reissue yesterday & Bow, Shadow Beast & PE He-Man came today. So I've run out of room a decided to divide my collection into a Hero & Villain shelves. I already knew there are more Masters than there are Villains, but there is a severe lack of Evil doers in the line in my opinion. Look at this crappy snap of the shelves. The villain shelf is out numbered... And I'm only missing 2 villains at the moment as well!!!!

Being a kid in the 80's scarred my life! In an awesome way! so many fantastic cartoons and toylines!!!
    Follow my art & Animations @ my blog! http://grangewallis.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Howdy gang, just a quick pop in to say that my Bows,Beasts and hoodies turned up today.

Bow is hands down the finest conglomeration of plastic and rubber that MOTUC has come up with so far.......IMO.

aj
    What a LOL! My figs turned up today. I was looking forward to Bow the most but he impressed me the least. I though this would be one time we agree.

Shadow Beast is hands down my fave! He is perhaps my new all-time fave. He makes me glad I didn't bother with Gy-Gor.

Preternia He-Man is pretty cool. He has tight ankles. I did notice that each of the prongs on the Cosmic Key has a spot where the vac-metal isn't there. I hope it doesn't chip off because of this. The Bionatops gun is so cool. Now that they're painting weapons realistcally, I think the Power Sword needs a real-metal paint job too.

Granted, Bow is still in his plastic prison, so I might like him better tomorrow (when I open him). But the gold paint on his armor is terrible. It's all blotchy. Ok, so looking at him again, he's pretty cool. He just has tough competition this month. You can't see the Filmation head in the package and I am yet to see one with a normal-painted moustache. My expectations are low on that.

Count me in for Supernova. -TRaP-JaW-, I agree with your thoughts. I'm not too fussed by the name. TheFallen, your itinerary sounds like a good idea. I'm not sold on wearing a tee shirt though. Sorry to be a killjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    What a LOL! My figs turned up today. I was looking forward to Bow the most but he impressed me the least. I though this would be one time we agree.

Granted, Bow is still in his plastic prison, so I might like him better tomorrow (when I open him). But the gold paint on his armor is terrible. It's all blotchy. Ok, so looking at him again, he's pretty cool. He just has tough competition this month. You can't see the Filmation head in the package and I am yet to see one with a normal-painted moustache. My expectations are low on that.
    Im surprised too, I thought we would finally find concordance on Bow! I just Love his head sculpt and the new boots are great. My 'Style guide' head has a great Mo,and is honestly Gorgeous! so much so that I - who despises Filmation toucheswith a fiery passion- Really would consider a second figure to use the head on! (or at least swap out his heads occasionally which is almost unheard of with me -I sometime swap optikks heads) you may feel a lil more impressed when you see him open, with the other head.

Maybe you were looking forward to him too much, I usually find the figures I expect the most from Im disappointed by!

Hoodie Heman isnt as bad as I thought, I like his face sculpt. the 'tunic' is a lil to chunky though! Someone in the .org chat said that he couldnt hold his Gun, but he holds it great. The Key is cool, but Id really prefer it didnt have the 'Handle' hopefully Gwildor will come with it without the handle and in the closed position.

Im Totally 'meh' over Shadowbeast (sorry), nice apps and great head,hands and feet sculpts (but I hate the 'Cuff effect' of the fur at the ankle! looks like hes wearing Furry culottes!) but I have no nostalgia for the creature so I guess my 'meh'-ness is based in that!

The sticker is great, and went nicely onto my MOC hoodie HM, I wanted it placed properly so used Vikors to line it up. My spare sticker is destined for He-Ros bubble! I havent even taken the map outta its envelope yet, But I really appreciate its coming in one! after Wun-dars map just being in the box!

aj

(ps you going to the Aphrodite show? -or is that as silly a question as it seems! LOL)
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; March 3, 2011 at 05:12am.

[/CENTER]

Im happy with Masters Down Under, opened up this months figures today and am impressed. My Bow has no paint issues and put the filmation head and heart on straight away. Matched Gy-gor up next to Shadow Beast and Gy-gor is both heavier and a little taller, due to the bigger head.

Only problem with the SB is like Gy-gor that have a few different poses but standing upright they dont have many and thats how i pose mine. Overall this months figures are cool and i like the etheria poster better then the eternia poster.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Im surprised too, I thought we would finally find concordance on Bow! I just Love his head sculpt and the new boots are great. My 'Style guide' head has a great Mo,and is honestly Gorgeous! so much so that I - who despises Filmation toucheswith a fiery passion- Really would consider a second figure to use the head on! (or at least swap out his heads occasionally which is almost unheard of with me -I sometime swap optikks heads) you may feel a lil more impressed when you see him open, with the other head.
    That is so funny. Everyone I know is using the toy head (despite being Filmation fans). I think I will too.

Maybe you were looking forward to him too much, I usually find the figures I expect the most from Im disappointed by!
    That is so true.

I havent even taken the map outta its envelope yet, But I really appreciate its coming in one! after Wun-dars map just being in the box!

aj

(ps you going to the Aphrodite show? -or is that as silly a question as it seems! LOL)
    Envelope??!! I didn't get an envelope. Can you take a photo?

Yeah, I'm going to Kylie. The good tickets are $400!!!! I was chatting with Scott about going to a Sydney show cos we thought it was the same week as Supernova, but we realised it is the weeek before.
    Last edited by He-Boy; March 3, 2011 at 07:06am.

That is so funny. Everyone I know is using the toy head (despite being Filmation fans). I think I will too.

That is so true.

Envelope??!! I didn't get an envelope. Can you take a photo?

Yeah, I'm going to Kylie. The good tickets are $400!!!! I was chatting with Scott about going to a Sydney show cos we thought it was the same week as Supernova, but we realised it is the weeek before.
    I love the toy head, its just sexy.....hmm Overshare? ah who cares!

The 'Mo' head is fantastic but theres something about the non 'mo' head that just wins! (also- this may just be me but I really think the heads look like two different people, the 'mo' version is slimmer in the jaw and the eyes are different, they could be twins....hmmm...maybe Ive stared at them to much in the 7 hours since I got home!...Ya think? lol)

Its not an actual Envelope, its a padded yellow post bag that was in the main box, its marked 'Qty:3 in envelope' and had the three 'POG' stickers in it too!

I was thinking Kylie would be in sydney that weekend too, was gonna make a VERY big long weekend of it! damn it!

aj

[/CENTER]

I agree. The two heads are very different. Toy Bow looks younger. IMO he's better looking. I even imagine him to have a completely different personality if he was in a new cartoon. Filmation Bow was cool too. I loved his friendship with Kowl. How would Toy Bow interact with Kowl?

I know you hate the cartoon, but Kowl was so cool. He was one of my fave characters. He was such a sarcastic smart ass.

I would love to know which head Mattel would go with if this line went to retail.

I know you hate the cartoon, but Kowl was so cool. He was one of my fave characters. He was such a sarcastic smart ass.
    When I say I hate 'Filmation' Im referring solely to MOTU, Ive never seen a single episode of the POP cartoon (save 'secret of the sword' back in the 80's)

And I am very open to seeing the POP DVDs, because every single person who has spoken of the two series has said that the POP cartoon is a LOT better than the MOTU one (not hard!). as with all shows I will watch 8 eps when I get the chance, Its my usual pattern, as I find a show only finds its feet by about episode 6.

but from what Ive heard Kowl is a very cool character. And I cant wait to have him in MOTUC -I recently bought a vintage Kowl, and hes so cute!

the 'Bland' Cartoon /Filmation designs of the POP characters is what totally P's me off!

but its more to do with the fact that in regards to MOTU in MOTUC its 'more detail,More detail' but POP in MOTUC its a case of make it as non detailed as possible so its not seen as 'Girly'.

Im thrilled with the fact that Catra at least has some filigree on her belt, it adds depth and is a homage to the pattern on her Vintage toys belt/Armor.

[/CENTER]

I am trying to track all of the information on the Supernova meet up in June.

So far Masters Down Under seems to be the more popular choice for the name.

I have spoken with Oz-Scott and he has given some suggestions for where to have dinner and drinks Saturday night.

Itinerary
    Saturday - Supernova
    Saturday Night - Social gathering (dinner, drinks, discussions)
    Sunday - Supernova again?

Attendees
    lorde trooper
    Oz-Scott
    He-Boy
    TraP-JaW
    TheFallen
    Robzy
    MrRoboto?
    Skelehorde?
    DaBigfella?

Speak up if you want to be added to the list or taken off the list
    Last edited by TheFallen; March 3, 2011 at 04:15pm.

When I say I hate 'Filmation' Im referring solely to MOTU, Ive never seen a single episode of the POP cartoon (save 'secret of the sword' back in the 80's)

And I am very open to seeing the POP DVDs, because every single person who has spoken of the two series has said that the POP cartoon is a LOT better than the MOTU one (not hard!). as with all shows I will watch 8 eps when I get the chance, Its my usual pattern, as I find a show only finds its feet by about episode 6.

but from what Ive heard Kowl is a very cool character. And I cant wait to have him in MOTUC -I recently bought a vintage Kowl, and hes so cute!

the 'Bland' Cartoon /Filmation designs of the POP characters is what totally P's me off!

but its more to do with the fact that in regards to MOTU in MOTUC its 'more detail,More detail' but POP in MOTUC its a case of make it as non detailed as possible so its not seen as 'Girly'.

Im thrilled with the fact that Catra at least has some filigree on her belt, it adds depth and is a homage to the pattern on her Vintage toys belt/Armor.
    I think the POP cartoon was better. But that may be down to the fact that it was produced after MOTU and therefore more polished. She-Ra's transformation is epic! I don't think I'll ever grow tired of it. The thing I loved about MOTU and POP was that He-Man and She-Ra were as perfect as any person could be. She-Ra is so strong and yet so feminine. And she has great hair. Whenever talk comes up about a MOTU/POP movie (or at least who will play She-Ra in a movie) I'm like the proud parent who thinks no-one will do her justice. Same with the Sorceress. even as a 10 year old, I was in awe of her grace and perfection.

MYP should have paid more attention to how to portray characters from Filmation.

Aren't you curious to watch the old episodes? I am currently forcing myself through NA, but as soon as that's over I'm getting stuck into POP. I know there are a lot of episodes that I've either never seen or have forgotten about.