Page 204 of 292 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 7291

Thread: Australians out there

Hey everyone.

With the April sale date in a couple of weeks, I was wondering if anyone has extras from subs they normally try and get rid of?

Being quite new to MOTUC (and mainly hitting ebay for my collection), I haven't had to go through the WSOD much and this time I am wanting a bit.

I am after Sy Klone, The weapons Rack (or 2) and maybe Panthor and Moss Man - all depends on space.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask - or I can just try on the day.

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Has this thread become a poisoned chalice? LoL, no-one has posted (till now) in almost a week!
    That always happens! when there is something new on the shelf the boards go crazy. Personally im over MOTUC & have gone back to pumping up my vintage MOC collection, so i have been laying low

Also, LT i'll be at Supernova 100% for sure
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Ok Bugga it Im back, I missed the place! Im still picky about where I post in the main forums, but I am a devotee of the chat!

Hello boys!
    Where did you go? just joking.

Has this thread become a poisoned chalice? LoL, no-one has posted (till now) in almost a week!
    I think it's party because a few people have left and partly just a regular lull. When our March figs turn up things'll get going again.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Hey everyone.

With the April sale date in a couple of weeks, I was wondering if anyone has extras from subs they normally try and get rid of?

Being quite new to MOTUC (and mainly hitting ebay for my collection), I haven't had to go through the WSOD much and this time I am wanting a bit.

I am after Sy Klone, The weapons Rack (or 2) and maybe Panthor and Moss Man - all depends on space.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask - or I can just try on the day.
    Which state are you in?

Edit: OMG, Hsss and BS Skelly turned up this morning. I'm at work, so I'll have to find a moment where I can open the boxes and see if (hopefully, by some slim chance) that I got a f-d up Hsss with correct shoulders.
    Last edited by He-Boy; March 31, 2011 at 07:00pm.

Ok Bugga it Im back, I missed the place! Im still picky about where I post in the main forums, but I am a devotee of the chat!

Hello boys!
    That's the spirit! WB!

Quote Originally Posted by skelehorde View Post
    That always happens! when there is something new on the shelf the boards go crazy. Personally im over MOTUC & have gone back to pumping up my vintage MOC collection, so i have been laying low

Also, LT i'll be at Supernova 100% for sure
    Yeah i noticed that, i know i've been around a short while but a week is an eternity around here sometimes lol. Not over the Classics though i have to say it is kinda slow at the moment. I need four more figures to complete my vintage collection - namely Ninjor, Extendar, Clamp Champ and Blast Attack. Not really interested in the HM, Skele or Hordak variants so not including those guys.

Still committed to going to Supernova too.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post

I think it's party because a few people have left and partly just a regular lull. When our March figs turn up things'll get going again.

Edit: OMG, Hsss and BS Skelly turned up this morning. I'm at work, so I'll have to find a moment where I can open the boxes and see if (hopefully, by some slim chance) that I got a f-d up Hsss with correct shoulders.
    True that...

Lucky duck! Can't wait till mine arrive!

OMG Battle Armor Skeletor is awesome! The new face paint is so much better than the original. Be warned, though, his waist is really stuck. With enough gentle force it moves, but it's scary trying it. And even after it moves it is quite a stiff joint. Also, the armor on mine clips together fine. It doesn't fall apart like the one in Pixel Dan's video. I can't wait for Dragon Blaster and Terror Claws.

Hsss will be opened tomorrow. He looks pretty cool, but IMO the shoulders are really noticable. And people have mentioned that he has restricted leg movement. I can see why. The scales at the top of his thigh should have been angled outwards to allow better movement. Both of my Hsss' have kinda sloppy paintwork. One has paint missing from the symbol on his chest and both have lazy belt buckle paintwork.

It got me thinking; I'm guessing that Mattel is using cheaper factories to keep costs down. But I would rather pay a few dollars more per figure for better quality figs.
    Last edited by He-Boy; April 1, 2011 at 03:56am.

Can someone possibly pick me up a King Hsss and Evil Lyn?

I was going to stay up to grab them when Hsss went on sale but I had trouble with my debit card. I tried again today but still had trouble with my card.

I rang my bank and they told me my debit card had been blocked due to unauthorised transactions
    I have spent the morning closing my debit card and filing for reimbursment for the unauthorised transactions.

I will be getting my new card in 5 business days but I don't think Hsss will last that long so I am hoping someone can pick up him, and Evil Lyn, for me. I am not too fussed if I don't get him. I already have 2 coming with my sub but I wanted an extra to dispaly in snake form. The Evil Lyn was for my son.

I already know I am going to have issue with my sub because I have to change my card details on file and I have read how well that has gone for others. I can only hope it goes through with out hassle otherwise this will be 4 months is a row I have had trouble with my sub

If you can't find someone in your state to do it, drop me a PM. I'll be happy to do it for you.

Hey Aussies,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Just wondering if anyone went to Brisbane Supanova on the weekend? Myself and eight of my friends did a MotU cosplay on the Saturday (after much arm-twisting and begging on my part). I've been cosplaying for a few years, but this was my most popular one by far--I was stopped for photos everywhere I went!
    Hordak: WHAT IN THE NAME OF EVIL IS GOING ON HERE?!
    Perfuma: Lalalalalalala! Well hello there, Hordikins!
    Hordak: SHE CALLS ME HORDIKINS?!

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sa-Rah View Post
    Hey Aussies,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Just wondering if anyone went to Brisbane Supanova on the weekend? Myself and eight of my friends did a MotU cosplay on the Saturday (after much arm-twisting and begging on my part). I've been cosplaying for a few years, but this was my most popular one by far--I was stopped for photos everywhere I went!

Welcome Sa-Rah, hope you enjoy the forums . That sounds like a mission getting 8 people fitted for MOTU, do you have any pics of the group & yourself in the costumes. i need some cosplay ideas for Supernova Sydney
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Quote Originally Posted by skelehorde View Post
    Welcome Sa-Rah, hope you enjoy the forums . That sounds like a mission getting 8 people fitted for MOTU, do you have any pics of the group & yourself in the costumes. i need some cosplay ideas for Supernova Sydney
    It definitely was! My friends and I normally do large group cosplays, but because there were only a few of us who were MOTU fans, it took quite a lot of persuading! In the end we had She-Ra, He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Man-At-Arms, Catra, Castaspella, Beast Man, and Flutterina.

Yeah, we took a lot of photos and we're still being tagged in random albums on Facebook. I'll grab the best ones on my lunch break and post them all for everyone to see. Going by the comments on other threads about trying to find a life-size replica, I think my Sword of Protection will be quite the envy of a few people

Welcome to the boards Sa-Rah.

Thanks for the welcome, TheFallen!

As promised, pictures of our cosplay on the weekend:

I don't want to flood the thread with pics, so there are a few more pics in my album here.

Hey Aussies,

Hey Sa-Rah,
    Welcome! Awesome photos... argh.. I was busy on the weekend. Well done on the cosplay, you look great!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    HI Sa-Rah welcome aboard!!

Fantastic Pics...But after seein that dudes abs I crawlin back to the Gym!!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    Hey Sa-Rah,
    Welcome! Awesome photos... argh.. I was busy on the weekend. Well done on the cosplay, you look great!
    Thanks, man. Brisbane is actually getting another Supanova in November, so maybe I'll try to revive the group cosplay again

Haha, yeah, Matt (our He-Man) is a dancer and a bit of a fitness freak. I will point out that he has bronzer on to highlight his muscles, though

Yeah I thought about going as He-Ro, but with my size the gold armour would make me look more like a gold M&M!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Welcome to the boards Sa-Rah and good to see you back Gimporama, you have been missed. Love the pics Sa-Rah.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Welcom Sa-Rah! Cool pics. The costumes are great; especially yours and Castaspella's. And the sword is very cool. Did you make it?

But gotta ask this...who is the girl in the purple wig supposed to be?

Also has anyones Hiss and BAS turned up yet? (snail mail I mean) I know scotts has, but hadnt heard about anyone elses.

aj

[/CENTER]

Welcome Sa-Rah!

Colourful pics! I assume it must take some courage to get up on stage to do that? No way i could do it LoL.

@Ka: Not yet, although i'm hoping my KH & BAS turn up in the next couple of days.

Mine turned up last Friday. I even posted about it.

On a different note (sort of), I went to buy more Hsssses today to customize one with more snakes and he apparently sold, out. Now I need to wait until the “re-release”.....
    Last edited by He-Boy; April 4, 2011 at 10:31pm.

Thanks for the kudos, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Welcom Sa-Rah! Cool pics. The costumes are great; especially yours and Castaspella's. And the sword is very cool. Did you make it?
    I wish I could take credit for it, but I had a sparky friend of mine (who is very handy with power tools) put it together for me. He put the whole thing together out of balsa wood. with a plastic rod up the middle. I then took over and painted it with a chrome enamel paint and glued some jewels on it.

Unfortunately, because it is only made out of balsa wood, it received a few knocks on the actual day Once I've touched it up, I'm going to hang it on my bedroom wall to keep it safe.

But gotta ask this...who is the girl in the purple wig supposed to be?
    Haha, she's Flutterina from She-Ra.

Welcome Sa-Rah!

Colourful pics! I assume it must take some courage to get up on stage to do that? No way i could do it LoL.
    You definitely get pre-stage jitters before you face the audience, but once the crowd starts cheering, it all fades away It helps when you're with your friends too. I doubt I could do it alone!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    good to see you back Gimporama, you have been missed.
    Aww, thanks LT

Haha, she's Flutterina from She-Ra.
    ah ok! Im Not a filmation fan in any way, so I didnt pick her. I have the Toy Flutterina but she is a muted orange color!

great costume though.

aj

[/CENTER]

ah ok! Im Not a filmation fan in any way, so I didnt pick her. I have the Toy Flutterina but she is a muted orange color!

great costume though.

aj
    Nope, epic fail There goes all your POP cred AJ!