Page 211 of 293 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 7303

Thread: Australians out there

@ -TRaP-JaW- Sounds pretty interesting though my ears are still ringing from last nights Bon Scott tribute performance LoL.

Got my Catra's yesterday (this sets a new record concerning snail mail shipping) and low and behold, all three have "The Original" on them... This is beyond swear words right now.

The figure though is pretty cool though and looks great next to the rest of the Horde. Yogopop had a great idea where he gave Catra the silver crossbow from the second Weapons Pak so the continuity remains (in terms of Horde weaponry). Looking forward to next months couple of figures now.

I might be done. I am just not feeling it with the line any more. I will wait and hope for a decent showing at SDCC but if it is overhyped nonsense as usual then I will be pretty disappointed.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I might be done. I am just not feeling it with the line any more. I will wait and hope for a decent showing at SDCC but if it is overhyped nonsense as usual then I will be pretty disappointed.
    Hi Man, Ive been wondering where you've been -been a bit concerned actually, glad to hear your alive at least!

Ive Ironically refound my Love for the line, I am in awe of every figure so far this year -that may be tested with - Bikini barbie teela- but even she may impress me in hand!

My catras arrived on friday, I was in adelaide so only just got home and opened her, all three are 'Original' so not happy at all with that!!!

Im not overly blown away by her, but that may have a lot to do with being stuffed from travelling all day! the hand and sword are NOWHERE near as bad as our Yankee Brethren are whinging about!

anyhoo, its great to see ya mate.....and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Fallen! hope you had an awesome day!

aj
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Hey guys. I open all of my figure for display so if I get mine without "the origional" starburst on the front I'll post here because I'm open to trade with anyone who really, really wants it.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    Hey guys. I open all of my figure for display so if I get mine without "the origional" starburst on the front I'll post here because I'm open to trade with anyone who really, really wants it.
    kool - I might just take u up on that if all mine are "original" - i wouldn't mind at least one without it - it kinda defeats the purpose of having the starburst in the first place if they send em out by accident hence revealing the fact that the re-issue version is produced and packaged at the same time in the same run as the first release ... its just poor management ... must be embarrassing for Mattel cos this should be a trade/factory secret.

Matty have sent me out a replacement preternia disguise he-man for the one i have with 2 right feet ... they didnt even ask me to send it back - bonus!

@ The Fallen: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

@ Mr Roboto: HaHa - sounds like a mad show - sux about your catras with the original burst tho - i bet mine have them too - all three of my robotos had them
    Last edited by -TRaP-JaW-; May 29, 2011 at 11:12pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Sorry to hear that, i hope the SDCC reveals manages to bring your feelings towards the line back again. I went through a similar thing around the start of the year but am now looking forward to figures again. The last month has felt a bit weird in way that i can only describe as 'bare' if you can understand what i'm saying

Happy Birthday - hope you had a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    My catras arrived on friday, I was in adelaide so only just got home and opened her, all three are 'Original' so not happy at all with that!!!

Im not overly blown away by her, but that may have a lot to do with being stuffed from travelling all day! the hand and sword are NOWHERE near as bad as our Yankee Brethren are whinging about!
    That sucks. To say the least. QC on figures has picked up (i think?) now it's these damn The Original starburts where Mattel are dropping the ball. Insignificant to some i know but as a MOC collector it's frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    Matty have sent me out a replacement preternia disguise he-man for the one i have with 2 right feet ... they didnt even ask me to send it back - bonus!

@ Mr Roboto: HaHa - sounds like a mad show - sux about your catras with the original burst tho - i bet mine have them too - all three of my robotos had them
    Glad to hear this dude

Though as frustrating as the errors are, i have to commend them for their refund/exchange policy in these situations.

Yeah, the show was mad! Angry Anderson, Dave Gleason and Mark Gable and the band plus former AC/DC bassist Mark Evans really rocked! All the classic songs too

To be honest, the issue with King Hsss was really the start of my issues. The way that was handled was **** poor. Add in to that the issues I have had with my subscription and the general dissatisfaction with the decisions made (Hordak's dial, BG Teela) and it all amounts to a drop in desire to own these figures.

At the moment, the only figures I care for are Rio Blast, Spikor and Mosquitor and even then, they could still be ruined for me. I just hope SDCC is the shot in the arm I need to be reinvigorated.

And thank you all for the birthday wishes

Happy (belated) Birthday TheFallen! While Iím not falling out of love with MOTU (yet), Iím with you regarding disappointment on some issues and decisions. You mentioned BG Teela; what are your thoughts on her? Is it the bio or the fig (or both) that you are not loving?

This ďThe OriginalĒ starburst on Catra situation is out of control. It seems like more Aussies have received a starburst Catra than those that havenít? Mine havenít turned up yet. Iím sure that if she arrives without the starburst, she will have her feet on backwards or something.

My issue with BG Teela is it should have been a new character and not just a Teela who changed her hair colour. Everyone, from the guys who actually designed it to a multitude of collectors thought it should be a brand new character to go with Vikor, yet out comes a poor Teela variant.

I don't buy the Avatar for you Imgagination guff, I don't play with my toys anymore.

I do like the figure itself and the bio though. I think it was a bold move to kill off the Sorceress.

Even though it is only speculation on my part, I do think Mattel will rerelease these figures down the line with 200x heads to get an extra $20 out of us because of the demand of 200x heads. This is just poor form.

To use a bit of Toyguru's own explanation to bring both of my points together; If a parent walks into a store and sees Buzz Off who looks a bit different because of the 200x head they may get a bit confused. Now that same parent is in the store and sees a blonde Teela, wouldn't that create the same confusion? Teela is branded as a redhead.

This explanation is actually paraphrased from an actual explanation by Toyguru regarding why there is no more 200x heads in MOTUC from a branding point of view.

EDIT: I just got Catra, my first figure to come in the envelope. But Catra does not have the original burst. I guess I got lucky
    Last edited by TheFallen; May 30, 2011 at 10:50pm.

Very interesting to read your opinion. I agree that she should have been a new character (the people who wanted bikini Teela should be the ones to ďuse their imaginationĒ and pretend itís Teela). Speaking of which, I hate the ďuse your imaginationĒ line. Itís a cop out and attempts to excuse bad story telling. Canon is canon, no matter how bad it is.

To me, the best thing about BG Teela is her wrist armor Ė I like the colour combo. I hate the bra & I hate the furry shorts. Much like Gy-Gor, Mo-Larr and Vikor, I have accepted that she isnít for me so Iíve emotionally distanced myself from everything to do with her. And in doing so, I realise that it voids my opinion. Itís when these characters become too commonplace that I will drop the sub.

I totally agree with you regarding 200X heads. I have said in the past that I believe they will re-release 200X versions of characters in attempt to milk the line. I think it will backfire and start a revolt. But I could be wrong.... You have a valid point regarding TGís comments about 200X head confusion (I remember him saying that).

Regarding the Sorceress, she is such a major character that it is madness to kill her off IMO. Thereís no need to do it. Once the shock value has worn off youíre left with a dead-end in terms of potential stories. Her ability to fight off Hissí poison should evolve her between Filmation Sorceress and 200X Sorceress (I donít care from which to which), allowing her to come back even more powerful.

Everyone loves the Sorceress. She is always top of the most wanted charts. I want to see her train Teela, and then fight beside Teela, and fight against Teela when Hiss takes control of her via the Staff of Ka. I want to see her fight Evil Lyn, and Shadow Weaver and forge a temporary truce with Marzo so that they can both escape Despondos after she is sent there by a juiced up Madam Razz gone crazy. Well, you get the drift Ė there are tons of potential stories to be told.

If they want a left-of-centre shocking plotline Ė kill Marlena. Imagine the impact of that on Adam/He-Man, and Randor and even Skeletor.

I agree with evertything u said there He-Boy ... I think thats how they will handle the whole Sorceress-demise-plot-line (I think we're meant to think she's dead, but she'll prob come back in the egyptian form bio wise)

I also agree, they should have killed Marlena, it would also be a dramatic twist for the New Movie - have u guys seen the Sony/Columbia Vice President interview? The MOTU movie is definately in the works according to him, and he's pretty pumped about it too ... heres the link to the thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209250

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post

Everyone loves the Sorceress. She is always top of the most wanted charts. I want to see her train Teela, and then fight beside Teela, and fight against Teela when Hiss takes control of her via the Staff of Ka. I want to see her fight Evil Lyn, and Shadow Weaver and forge a temporary truce with Marzo so that they can both escape Despondos after she is sent there by a juiced up Madam Razz gone crazy. Well, you get the drift Ė there are tons of potential stories to be told.

If they want a left-of-centre shocking plotline Ė kill Marlena. Imagine the impact of that on Adam/He-Man, and Randor and even Skeletor.
    These are fantastic points He-boy. I love what you said about Marlena and the greater impact it would have.

P.S My Catra arrived and I also got an Origional starburst. So sorry I can swap anyone. Was anyone else dissapointed with how small "the Horde" sticker on the front was. I dont have the packaging for the other Horde figures to compare but it seemed tiny and weak. That sticker should be big and proud and a little intimidating to the other figures!!!

@ He-Boy Valid points buddy. I too think it would have been better if she was a different character and not the same Teela. But we'll see where they take this one... Also, i like your suggestions for stories too!

@ -TRaP-JaW- I just hope it's not set on Earth and has He-Man originating from Earth too. They have the technology now so it's no excuse not to base it on Eternia.

@ flaming_knob Damn those starbursts! LoL. I don't mind the stickers, though being a MOC collector, i find it kind of obscures the figure. That's probably being picky, but hey, these things aren't free so i can whinge a little LoL.

I think instead of stickers if the logos were integrated on the inside of the card - kind of like a large banner behind the figure. Wish i was a graphic artist or designer so i could mock up some pictures...

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    The Fallen - i agree im not fussed on Bikini Teela, would had rathered her be a totally new character. Also with her guarding Grayskull why she would be in such an outfit.

He-Boy - Hit the nail on the head there, Marlena for sure if she was killed off or even bannished to another dimension like dora was (at the time) and the royal family is unaware of her where-abouts. Sending Randor into a frenzy.

I recevievd Catra today, got 2 like normal, both without the starburst (thank god) but i could hear a rattle even before i opened the outer box and the shield was all over the box so i was forced to open that one.

I must say when i opened them up out of the white mailers i havent felt so disappointed with 1 particular figure in ages. The one i opened, the hand isnt flush with the wrist so have to cover it up with the shield, the hand is very soft, ridicously soft also the right arm has a red glowing arm, like she is sun burnt on the one arm. Paint work around the eyes dont line up. The sword has 2 very noticeable dents from the plastic that held it in place.

A bad blotch on the outfit that goes around the neck. I hate more so now that i have it in hand the whip and comb, for me id rather them as seperate accessories. I normally take figures for face value and except a few probs from time to time and normally dont complain too much but am really disappointed in her maybe because she looked so good in pics i saw so was expecting more.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    The one (Catra) i opened, the hand isnt flush with the wrist so have to cover it up with the shield, the hand is very soft, ridicously soft
    Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know, but the reason the hand was made soft was because Matty wanted the hand to be in a scratching sort of pose. If it was moulded in hard plastic it would have been a safety concern... But considering these are only supposed to be avaliable to 18+ adults I would have thought it wouldn't really be a concern.

Iím hearing some horror stories regarding Catra. I can only what mine will look like. Hopefully they will turn up today. Iíve seen Yogopopís Catra. I donít mind the softer (hand and sword) plastic on his but maybe the softness varies between figures? Yogopopís Catraís sword is pretty bent up though.

Why are we dealing with such poor QC this late into the line? I blame it on rising costs, and Mattel using a cheaper factory to keep them down. If that is the case, I think Iíd rather pay more for my figs.

Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know, but the reason the hand was made soft was because Matty wanted the hand to be in a scratching sort of pose. If it was moulded in hard plastic it would have been a safety concern... But considering these are only supposed to be avaliable to 18+ adults I would have thought it wouldn't really be a concern.
    Yeah already knew about the soft hand and safety concerns, personally i would rather no soft hands, no matter how they mold it if a kid pokes themselves in the eye its going to hurt either way. The sword is pretty ordinary, but if Matty is going to use soft plastics then these issues will happen when the accessories are held in place in there packaging but my 2 dents are very noticeable.

I just went and measured the hand and from the red wrist plate to the back of the hand there is a gap of 2mm. Ive tried to push it in but wont go in any further, the only other option is hair drying it. Again for an adult collectors line we shouldnt have to be modifying figures, had to do it with Roboto and Hiss. Just annoying.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

My Catras just turned up. Both have the starburst

And both look to have bent up swords and the Ďtearí in her skirt. On one of them, I can see the glue behind the jewel on her shield. I can only imagine what else is going on that I won't find out about until tonight when I open her.

Both of my Catra's turned up looking like she was drunk when she applied her make up. Oh well, my daughter doesn't mind, she got one and has already had many battles against She-Ra.
    And I must say Dad was rockin the Snake Mountain mic during those battles...

Crazy, huh? Don't tell Mattel that the Power Sword could put an eye out or there'll be a recall

I reckon Mattel are still really nervous since that lead paint issue a couple of years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    Both of my Catra's turned up looking like she was drunk when she applied her make up. Oh well, my daughter doesn't mind, she got one and has already had many battles against She-Ra.
    And I must say Dad was rockin the Snake Mountain mic during those battles...
    That awesome. Makes me want kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    Both of my Catra's turned up looking like she was drunk when she applied her make up.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    My Catras just turned up. Both have the starburst

And both look to have bent up swords and the Ďtearí in her skirt. On one of them, I can see the glue behind the jewel on her shield. I can only imagine what else is going on that I won't find out about until tonight when I open her.
    Oh i forgot that too, behind the jewel i had black lines so guessing that was glue residue. I think i was one of the lucky ones then with the starburst. Not getting a starburst i should say.

As already mentioned it seems like they are producing the 2nd run at the same time as the first which is pretty bad, im guessing they would be holding onto a bit of stock for a while. Seems like Catra has the worst QC issues for a while.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

My issue with this is that the second run isn't technically a second run.

I would prefer to have a second release of figures that were leftover from the first run (with no starburst) - like Zodac & Goddess.

I just got my second Catra. It also came in the big envelope. Unfortunately, the mailer was beat up and so was the box inside which means this will be my opener. Plus the shield was loose inside as well.

I guess the good thing is it came without the original burst. Because I will be opening this (eventually) I will probably throw out the insert so if anyone wants it let me know. I won't be opening it for a while, I am out of display room and really need to find time to set up my shelving so I haven't opened any figs from Hsss onwards.

If you don't mind waiting and still want the insert, let me know

3 x Catras and lo-n-behold.... 3 x "Original" Starbursts!!

2 x have the "tear"

All swords are crumpled

The one I opened has the same issue with the wrist as lord_trooper's - a huge gap and i cant seem to loosen it or push it in - i havent tried freezing her yet, but I'm a little concerned her nipples will pop out and mess up the horde logo!!

1 of them has a big black brush splotch on her right arm brace, paint missing from the bottom of the purple cape (so u can see is red underneath) and the worst airbrushing ever - looks like she's used fake tan and only got a few spots LoL! ... I might do a vintage figure repaint on this one

All in all, this is the WORST figure of the line so far... she just seems cheap... Poor QC all round - terrible paint apps - I would rather pay an extra $5 and get higher quality figures than have them skimp n save in an attempt to keep the same $20 price tag ... just sayin

EDIT: I like her red boots
    Last edited by -TRaP-JaW-; June 3, 2011 at 01:51am.