Page 23 of 292 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australians out there

Quote Originally Posted by the power of 3
    He-Boy:Nice one Dan, which figure box was ur name on?
    It was the Santa Sqwedish Chef. I still haven't managed to find out how I pulled it off yet.

I received my Mecha Crunch Skeletor today and he is awesome! I haven't opened it yet - it cost me so friggin' much. Actually the whole ordeal was painful (I paid for it in october (ebay) and only received it totday - and the seller lives approx 20km away from me!!!!!).

I'll have to tell that story next time.

killjoy
    Hay what up.
    Has any body or even are you here, ever had dealings with he-fan.com? or samething like that name, the aussie guy who was getting motu from OS
    if so what happen'd i haven't been able to find the web page or any mention of him or site for at least a year??

toonami
    The guy at he-fan.com has stopped selling for a while now [I think]. Last year, he managed to get HTF figures (esp. those never released in Oz) and sold them at really good prices. Due to the demise of the line, that could be the reason why he took down the site.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy
    It was the Santa Sqwedish Chef. I still haven't managed to find out how I pulled it off yet.

I received my Mecha Crunch Skeletor today and he is awesome! I haven't opened it yet - it cost me so friggin' much. Actually the whole ordeal was painful (I paid for it in october (ebay) and only received it totday - and the seller lives approx 20km away from me!!!!!).

I'll have to tell that story next time.
    Would love to hear the story.... 20kms would of been quicker for you to crawl over there to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy
    Hay what up.
    Has any body or even are you here, ever had dealings with he-fan.com? or samething like that name, the aussie guy who was getting motu from OS
    if so what happen'd i haven't been able to find the web page or any mention of him or site for at least a year??
    Yeah his name is David and he is a member of the org but he hasn't posted for ages and that site does not exsist anymore. He once sent me a Bashin Beetle for free and he is a really cool guy.

Regards jake
    SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jakes12
    Yeah his name is David and he is a member of the org but he hasn't posted for ages and that site does not exsist anymore. He once sent me a Bashin Beetle for free and he is a really cool guy.

Regards jake
    For free geez thats great. I must say I have dealt with a couple of Aussies which are top blokes...Power of 3 and Oz Cap.

killjoy
    Yeah I had got stuff from him he was great, but I had a few items id wanted he never got back to me about them, we'll thats a shame.

I caught up with dave quite a few times. He is a really cool guy. He hasn't posted here for a little while, but I'm pretty sure he reads.

I experienced a pretty cool moment of nostalgia yesterday - I bought Grayskull (v2.0) for $50! The reason for the nostalgia is that the 80's Grayskull cost $50 back in the day. Take THAT, inflation!!!! LOL (ok, so the new Grayskull was on sale, so it technically has increased in price, but is was still cool).

Anyone who wants to track one down (I don't think it's been that cheap before), I got it at Toy Kingdom.

Viceroy, my adventure with the frustrating ebayer goes like this;

Before bidding, I contacted the buyer to see if we could meet up to do an exchange in person. They said sure, we can meet up in the city during the week or (if not) work something else out. I bid on the skelly. The auction ends and an hour later I get an invoice for postage. I e-mail the seller to remind them of the earlier conversation. No response. I email a day or two later. No response. After 7 days (and still no response), I get an e-mail from eBay saying that if I don't pay in a week, I get a strike against my name. I e-mail the seller, who finally replies and says 'tough luck, pay the postage'. I reluctantly pay the postage (asking myself what they meant by "we can work something out" when I asked if we could meet up in person - does 'work something out’ simply mean that I pay the postage???)

The item finally arrives - I open it - and discover that they sent me the wrong thing!!! I contact them, to which they ask me to return it "return to sender" (which of course places all the risk in my hands - if it gets lost, I get nothing!)

The post office tell me that I have to return it as COD (cash on delivery), because I accepted it over the counter at my post office (which means it can’t be “return to sender” because the correct recipient received it). Anyway, the post office sends them two cards over the course of ten days, advising them to collect the package. They ignore them. They also fail to e-mail me once. Finally the respond to my e-mail saying that they refuse to pay the COD, and that I am immoral and unethical (which I assume was for sending it back COD - although the post office would not accept it any other way)???

Debate continues for a while and finally they say that if I pay the COD, they will personally deliver the item. I say “ok”. We decide on a day. They don’t turn up. More debate continues, and we agree for them to pay the COD and to send the correct skelly to me COD (which means that I pay, in total, over $20 in postage for an item that was initially not meant to have any postage).

The whole time, they never initiated any of the e-mails. Any time they e-mailed me, was in response to one of my e-mails to them. No accountability, no professionalism. In the end, the guy was quite polite, but that was because he made absolutely no compromises. The funny thing is, he told me that he wouldn’t have time to meet up as promised. Considering it took two months to reach me, don’t you think he could have found a spare half hour?

The whole time I was so furious, but I am over it now (it just dragged on for so long, I was glad for it to end).

Thanks Viceroy

He-Boy: man what an ordeal that would have been, some people have no clue and shouldnt even bother selling stuff on ebay.
    Thats great with ur name on the sweedish chef, saw that exclusive on ebay looks cool.

SHE-RA for trade

Hey guys and gals,

I have a She-Ra for trade if anyone is interested. She is still in her white mailer. It is one of the ones from the He-Store. If anyone is interested, PM me. I have an idea what I want for trade.

killjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy
    Viceroy, my adventure with the frustrating ebayer goes like this;

Before bidding, I contacted the buyer to see if we could meet up to do an exchange in person. They said sure, we can meet up in the city during the week or (if not) work something else out. I bid on the skelly. The auction ends and an hour later I get an invoice for postage. I e-mail the seller to remind them of the earlier conversation. No response. I email a day or two later. No response. After 7 days (and still no response), I get an e-mail from eBay saying that if I don't pay in a week, I get a strike against my name. I e-mail the seller, who finally replies and says 'tough luck, pay the postage'. I reluctantly pay the postage (asking myself what they meant by "we can work something out" when I asked if we could meet up in person - does 'work something out’ simply mean that I pay the postage???)
    Hay he-boy if that sh#@ goes down again send the emails you had about a meeting to ebay and save your-self the hassle of a strike against your name
    not like ebay will do anything, but they will under stand your position and hold any action
    I did a meet the seller and it was a very good thing as i ended up getting a few episodes of transformer season3 and a half ep of he-man 80's(episode was stuff'd) also same extra items he hadnt listed yet.

toonami
    He-Boy: What's the seller's ebay ID? This is to make sure we don't buy from the person should they have another "sale".

I too had a similar incident from Germany. After a month or so, I emailed the fella and asked why I never received the figure. Turns out that his computer was affected by a virus and he never jot down my address before and in the end forgot about the whole auction.

But he wasn't dishonest, he replied ASAP and 2 weeks later I got the item.

Anyone noticed that even the Man at Arms are disappearing from stores?

Merry Xmas to all

Merry Christmas guys, have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankos
    Merry Christmas guys, have a good one.
    yeah you too and for the rest of the Aussies here as well!!

Merry Christmas everybody, drink heaps and eat heaps and dont worry about it until next year!

Regards jake
    SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Likewise guys have a great day

toonami
    Hope you all get something good under the Christmas tree!

Quote Originally Posted by toonami
    He-Boy: What's the seller's ebay ID? This is to make sure we don't buy from the person should they have another "sale".

I too had a similar incident from Germany. After a month or so, I emailed the fella and asked why I never received the figure. Turns out that his computer was affected by a virus and he never jot down my address before and in the end forgot about the whole auction.

But he wasn't dishonest, he replied ASAP and 2 weeks later I got the item.

Anyone noticed that even the Man at Arms are disappearing from stores?
    Hey everyone, the sellers name was "loadsatoys". I wanted to post something in the bad trader review, but haven't had the chance/time to do so yet. If I can help anyone here avoid going through the same BS by 'outing' the seller then I am mroe than happy to do so.

I have some (potentially) bad news regarding the line in Australia.... (yeah, I know, the timing is great)

I contacted the distributor regarding the line (in particular, Wave S heroes), and they gave me the low down of what has been happening, and what we can expect.

Although they didn't have specific characters on hand to mention, I was told that Mattel made available Wave S in September, and shortly after that, wave R. I was told that Wave R was VERY limited in numbers (which would explain why they are so infrequently seen in stores), and that it has already completely sold out. He advised that they (the distributor) still have a small amount of Wave S left and that's it! He said they would not be given/advised of anything new until February.

I asked whether wave R heroes were available and he said they were, but in very small numbers (it was all mattel gave them???!!!).

There's still a lot that remains unanswered, but it doesn't look good. I honestly believe there is a healthy market here in Australia and just wish Mattel would release more stuff. We could get Wave R, the Roto-casts, the Mecha Crunch's...

Anyway..... I hope you all have a merry christmas... and get heaps of MoTU!

Hello all.
    I saw Castle Greyskulls today for 40 bucks,Battle Stations for 15 bucks and slime pits for 15 also are these good prices or the standard at the moment?
    Have a good Xmas everyone
    Four Horsemen = TALENT
    Mattel = ???????

Widget
    Hope everyone here has a great Christmas. Take care.

h8ted
    Yeah i think 40 bucks is pretty good for the greyskulls!

I grabbed another one from Toyworld the other day for $49.00.
    They didn't have any Battle stations though

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

killjoy
    merry christmas and a happy new year...