Page 238 of 292 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 7293

Thread: Australians out there

To be honest, I think Toyguru brings a lot of the negativity due to his statements. He may be a brand manager but he is horrible at PR. There are quite a few statements from Toyguru that are just destined to create controversy. And most of it could easily be quelled if he had just clarified his statements before posting them.

The recent issue with Castle Grayskull is just school yard/bush league bull ****. You don't come out and say we were going to give you a Castle Grayskull next year but you fans did not buy enough subscriptions so it won't be happening now. That is just childish.

As a subscriber I do feel like I have been slapped in the face on multiple times so I can completely understand the volatile environment that is on the board. It is almost as if I am not a concern of Mattel because they already have me signed up for a year so they don't have to cater to me any more. I do think the subscribers need to be given more focus because initially we only sign up for 3 figures. The rest are unannounced and unseen. Blind faith should be appreciated more.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Thanks Frank!!
    I honestly though it would have dropped away within the 1st day or been locked after the usual suspects posted their smart @$$ comments! It's now up to page 6 and there are some great posts in there!!
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The recent issue with Castle Grayskull is just school yard/bush league bull ****. You don't come out and say we were going to give you a Castle Grayskull next year but you fans did not buy enough subscriptions so it won't be happening now. That is just childish.
    So - that's not just me is it - he never mentioned anything about a possible Castle Grayskull until after fact did he?

I also cannot understand why he never seems to blame the most obvious reason for the lower subs (and the DC ones failing) is they're saturating the market. 4 sub choices this year????

Do they not think there are fans of multiple properties who might say "Gee, I'll just get one MOTU so I can afford this DC one?"

If I had space and money, I'd get DC, MOTU and Voltron to be honest. But no, I just went DC and will "cherry pick" the MOTU I want.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I gotta agree with you guys about the subs. I have a whole wall with many shelves to fill and I'm starting to wonder how long until I fill the whole thing. Nothing against POP and NA figures but I think I may also cherry pick next year for just the masters as I will have nowhere to display all of them. I'd love to get the voltron and possible ghost busters subs but now with Filmation I don't know if I'll have room for even just MOTUC... and that's without even considering the cost.

BUT... If you had asked me 5 years ago if my biggest problem with MOTU was not having enough space for all of them I would have been stoked. I still love the line but hate the fact that I will not be able to get them all.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore this line. But they way it is handled certainly has me scratching my head.

Scott should count his lucky stars that we as fans make him look good. His job is Brand Manager of the Green Lantern line. How is that working out? Not very well from my perspective.

@retcon - yes he did come out after and say that they were looking at a possibility to bring out Castel Grayskull in 2012 but the low sub numbers have them reconsidering it. He also basically said they want to make the line more attractive to resellers on the secondary market which is why there will be no more re-releases and lower numbers on matty day.

**** the resellers and secondary market. If they lose out then they shouldn't be overcharging for the figures anyway.

Mattel are spending way to much time focusing on resellers, secondary market and cherry pickers. I have bought two subs and I still can't get it all in. I don't want to be on matty at 3am in the morning having a heart attack. Why isn't Mattel focusing on me? Because they really don't care about subscribers once they have us signed up.

Logistics my arse

(sorry for the negativity and the foul language)
    Last edited by Judith; September 6, 2011 at 05:40pm. Reason: Please do not edit curse words to appear. They are edited out for a reason.

To be honest, I think Toyguru brings a lot of the negativity due to his statements. He may be a brand manager but he is horrible at PR. There are quite a few statements from Toyguru that are just destined to create controversy.
    I couldn't agree more. He's not very popular on several other forums that I frequent. In fact, he's quite despised! Unfortunately, on the Org and the Matty forums, he has a few blind devotees who fight to defend his honour at every turn, even when it's ridiculous to do so.

Scott should count his lucky stars that we as fans make him look good. His job is Brand Manager of the Green Lantern line. How is that working out? Not very well from my perspective.
    QFT!!

I'm a huge GL fan, and I think the line is a joke! MOTUC is such a great toyline, I think a toothpick could be the Brand Manager!

Mattel are spending way to much time focusing on resellers, secondary market and cherry pickers. I have bought two subs and I still can't get it all in. I don't want to be on matty at 3am in the morning having a heart attack. Why isn't Mattel focusing on me? Because they really don't care about subscribers once they have us signed up.
    That's what I've said all along, and it's the reason I've never bought a MOTUC sub. They've got your money now; you're locked in. They don't need to "sell" you anything except the extras. I, on the other hand, can wait and see whether or not I want to buy what they have to offer. I'm sorry, but I can't commit to toys I haven't seen yet. I just don't see the logic.

But it's not all rosy for us either... as a result of not buying blindly in to the sub, I'm condemned as a "Cherry Picker" (seriously, I can't believe Scott typed this; what was he thinking? ). Cherry pickers used to be called Collectors. Subbies used to be called Completists. Yet, now I'm insulted and deemed to be one of the causes for 'killin teh lein' sooner, or causing us to miss out on CG next year. Geez; don't I feel like a worthless, selfish sack of sh**! Thanks Scott!

(sorry for the negativity and the foul language)
    Don't apologize... it shows your passion
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

OK... I have one extra Captain Glenn. She is in the white mailer un-opened so she is hopefully in good condition. The mailer is pretty much perfect. $20 for anyone interested plus postage. First in best dressed. PM me. I should have another one coming in the next week.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Howdy Gang, well thanks to the amazing Scott, My Captain Glenn arrived today with the same scary ass Eyes we saw in previews.....BUT her Marlena head has beutiful eyes, ok so there is no color to them, but the liner and eyebrows are awesome!

Phew! (its all fine cos I aint gonna ever use the CG head! its a total win! and I gave the Cat to my freinds daughter at work today. so thats off my hands! yay!)
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Howdy Gang, well thanks to the amazing Scott, My Captain Glenn arrived today with the same scary ass Eyes we saw in previews.....BUT her Marlena head has beutiful eyes, ok so there is no color to them, but the liner and eyebrows are awesome!

Phew! (its all fine cos I aint gonna ever use the CG head! its a total win! and I gave the Cat to my freinds daughter at work today. so thats off my hands! yay!)
    Show us the QM head!!
    It was hidden so I couldn't see it MOC. So glad you're happy with it!!

will do after work, My Beloved has been messing around with the camera settings! so once he has fixed it I'll get some pics!

[/CENTER]

I was messing around and was quite surprised to see how far through the old line-up we are

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    I was messing around and was quite surprised to see how far through the old line-up we are
    whooo! nice work Mate!

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    You forgot the Weapons Pak! Well, it's pretty close...

I just noticed that Ram Man aint on that poster! I had my copy of that on my wall for years! and never realised!

Also in light of Emilianos admission regarding the Sisters and his 'Imput'. Im taking another break from this Poxy site! maybe two weeks will do it! Cos if I hang around and keep reading the threads...Im gonna go postal and be banned immediatley!

He's a **** Knuckle!
    Last edited by Judith; September 6, 2011 at 05:42pm. Reason: Please do not edit curse words to appear. They are edited out for a reason.

[/CENTER]

Awesome work on the poster Clawguy. Should we set a date when we can start discussing the secret accessories. Mine hasn't arrived but a friend told me I would love them both.

CG has gone, thanks for the PM's. I'll post if the other one shows.

For anyone with BA Faker. I just swapped his plate armour with one of BA Skeletor's. I think it looks much better. The BA He-man has my head that i got from "thatsmyface.com"

This is Indy with my Skeletor that was given to me by my parents back in the day...

Mark.

Nice pics FK.

As a father of two, when the baby is asleep it is the best time until they are older

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Also in light of Emilianos admission regarding the Sisters and his 'Imput'. Im taking another break from this Poxy site! maybe two weeks will do it! Cos if I hang around and keep reading the threads...Im gonna go postal and be banned immediatley!

He's a **** Knuckle!
    What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    What did he say?
    Was something he said in the Sisters thread, I went postal....have already had him PM me twice....I posted something on the .orgs FB page....Val deleted it and Pm'd me on there telling me off, saying he was disapointed in me. Emil came into .org chat last night while I was in there. and said he would like a chance to 'chat' outside the forums! and Tally and Darkspectre are still fighting it out in the Sisters thread.......Trust me its all gone pear shaped!

...to put it mildly..... I snapped!

PS, Ive come very late to the Ghostbusters collecting Party! and need a few figures, if anyone sees any of these about, please let me know!

Peter with Slimer
    Walter Peck
    Winston with Trap
    Vinz Clortho
    and -Long shot- Egon with Slimer.

To be honest I only want the Ghosts!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; August 31, 2011 at 08:52am.

[/CENTER]

What a classic Ka. That Star Sisters thread is crazy. There’s nothing to be gained from it now. Everyone is more interested in criticising opinions than discussing anything constructively.

On a different note, I sold my spare He-Man and Skeletor to a mate form work. He’s not much of a MOTU fan but he thinks they are cool. He asked about She-Ra too which kind of surprised me, but he’s not interested in 2.0 because it’s too “pink”. I’ve read comments on the org about this fear of too much pink in the line but this is the first time I’ve seen it actually be a deterrent.

It makes me wonder; should Matty cater to us (fans of POP) or try to appeal to a wider audience by limiting the girls/pink stuff? Personally, I want more POP so I say tough luck to the haters.

I’m going to show She-Ra 2.0 to my friend when she comes out and see if he likes her in person. I think she’ll look amazing (I love the gladiator outfit).

What a classic Ka. That Star Sisters thread is crazy. There’s nothing to be gained from it now. Everyone is more interested in criticising opinions than discussing anything constructively.

On a different note, I sold my spare He-Man and Skeletor to a mate form work. He’s not much of a MOTU fan but he thinks they are cool. He asked about She-Ra too which kind of surprised me, but he’s not interested in 2.0 because it’s too “pink”. I’ve read comments on the org about this fear of too much pink in the line but this is the first time I’ve seen it actually be a deterrent.

It makes me wonder; should Matty cater to us (fans of POP) or try to appeal to a wider audience by limiting the girls/pink stuff? Personally, I want more POP so I say tough luck to the haters.

I’m going to show She-Ra 2.0 to my friend when she comes out and see if he likes her in person. I think she’ll look amazing (I love the gladiator outfit).
    Pink is still a scary color for a LOT of the 'Manly Men' in here! And Ive felt since day one, that Mattel have been distancing themselves from the POP Vintage line, because its almost universally seen as Girly. And they didnt want to 'upset' the 'manly Men' -hence the Styleguide excuse for Early POP figs and the 'Figures based on the vintage Toy' rule for everything else!

Mainly cos no matter where the Collector stands on 'Girly' most of the MM's admit to liking the POP cartoon,so mattel seem to have found ways to make the cartoon versions!

Thats why BP She Ra is so awesome, Its like even the 4H looked at 1.0 on the shelf and thought...'Ok that doesnt match the set'. also all the posts about the Vintage toys filigreed armor got thrugh! And Treadways recent comment that all POP will going forward Follow the design pattern of Bow and 2.0. Means the MOTUC will actually be functional hybrids!

But as far as the 'Pink' phobia go's...its one of the main reasons Im shocked at the Jewelstar they revealed...shes not just pink...she's Pearlized Pink!

[/CENTER]

Megator and Men-E-Faces just turned up!

Megator and Men-E-Faces just turned up!
    No spoilers please. I am so close to getting them and the suprise is still in place

No spoilers please. I am so close to getting them and the suprise is still in place
    I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the hidden accessory!

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    I got my megator and man-e-faces !!

comparison video link below

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...50364301660579

I'm surprised I haven't accidently wrecked it for anyone yet. I can't wait for everyone to get theirs so I can relax.