Page 245 of 292 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 7291

Thread: Australians out there

  1. #6101
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I wonder if Mattel will do the same thing with Mosquitor as they are with Slush head, making it possible for us to add our own liquid
    Feasable, but it would lose the abdomen articulation. and all hell would break loose!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  2. #6102
    Heroic Warrior eddie3429's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kensington, Melbourne
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    What a great attitude! Nice work dude!
    And, yeah, his arm band has some cosmic key elements..
    CHeers man.
    as i said on the spector thread... as long as they don't break pre established rules of MOTUC i am ok with what ever they throw. time travel is already there, gunslingers are there, ninjas (if he is one? seems people are saying this cause of deadpool element more then whats there) are there, even the spade on his chest is set up with bows quiver showing they have card suite symbols in this realm.
    as i said i can more then understand someone not liking it. kinda glad its easier for most that don't want it not to buy it then if it was in normal sub. i realise some got burn't on the 30th sub . i feel bad for them. but at the end of the day i will be happy to have the figure on shelf.

    and cosmic key! i could not think of the name for life of me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post

    Yeah its a smaller Cosmic Key! which always makes me wonder about what Mattel have access to. they say they cant use designs from the film and yet this is the second time they have used the Film version of the key!
    movie copyright is tricky. though they used a simialar design both times i think because its not "the Movie" design they are safe as you cant copyright a kinda look...gwildor mention in the fotog bio may hint at something though...
    Last edited by eddie3429; September 25, 2011 at 07:47am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #6103
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post


    movie copyright is tricky. though they used a simialar design both times i think because its not "the Movie" design they are safe as you cant copyright a kinda look...gwildor mention in the fotog bio may hint at something though...
    Nah, They have access to Gwildor cos they made a figure of it in the 80's!

    But you are right of course, the two keys they have made are missing major design points - The big Red key and the shoulder strap for instance!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; September 25, 2011 at 08:01am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  4. #6104
    Heroic Warrior MrRoboto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Posts
    2,794
    Hey all!

    Just saw the reveals after Yogo told me about them.

    Stinkor: About damn time. Looks great overall. With his revealing, i really feel that Spikor is some way off now...

    Sorceress: I like the look of this version. The Orb stand is a great touch too. Hard to believe we're getting a variant of her already. Although, what's the deal with her - is she gonna be on Matty?

    Slush Head: Not my favourite but not too bad at all. Nice addition to Icarius coming out in October.

    Griffin: Ok, i don't remember this beast so i'm gonna have to watch 200X. Looks ok i guess, but would've preferred Nightstalker or Stridor to be honest.

    Lt. Spectre: Not interested in the 30th Anniversary figures. Now that i've caught up with things re: MotUC, i can finally put a name to this figure. Even though they're not for me, i'm happy for those who do like and want the 30th anniversary figures!

    I've seen the stands now and think they look great, especially since they're not Greyskull repaints. Stinkor and Sorceress are the stand out figures for me. Kinda surprised they revealed so much... I was only expecting April's CE figure. Well done to Mattel for making it so.
    Last edited by MrRoboto; September 28, 2011 at 04:24am.

  5. #6105
    Heroic Warrior eddie3429's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kensington, Melbourne
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post

    Stinkor: About damn time. Looks great overall. With his revealing, i really feel that Spikor is some way off now...

    Sorceress: I like the look of this version. The Orb stand is a great touch too. Hard to believe we're getting a variant of her already. Although, what's the deal with her - is she gonna be on Matty?
    see i am wondering if hurricane hordak might not be a set for spikor (arm at least) but yeah there aint to many classics left

    Sorcy is sold at conventions and any remaining stock will be on matty at the end of the year.... she will either sell out and be expensive or last forever... could go either way.
    Mattel had a table at armegeddon melbourne once. it would be nice if they came back and sold her here.... highly doubt it though

  6. #6106
    Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    827
    I gotta say I am loving the new figures... Stinkor is rad. I totally didn't think he'd get a separate head. I hope the gas tanks are removable for 200X haters but either way I really dig them. White Sorc is cool. Loving the transparent wings. The griffin will look get on my sons mobile swinging around with an extra wind raider! Slush head I'm starting to like more. I just worry a little about his dopey facial expression. Snake mountain stands are nice.
    Mighty Spector is a ninja time traveller. I like the idea and the look is growing on me. I think his bio is going to be a game changer if they bring a lot of time lines and people together. I want to know more about the spade on his chest. The wrist cosmic key is great also. THunder punch He-man's blast effect looks great also.

    For those still interested here are the "MERMEN"

    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

    The first two have a flash the second 2 don't. Just so you can get an idea of the colour.

    Any more news on the catch up for the weekend? Where's Mr Roboto when we need him!
    We don't need no education...

    Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

  7. #6107
    Grayskull Warrior Oz-Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,768
    Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    I gotta say I am loving the new figures... Stinkor is rad. I totally didn't think he'd get a separate head. I hope the gas tanks are removable for 200X haters but either way I really dig them. White Sorc is cool. Loving the transparent wings. The griffin will look get on my sons mobile swinging around with an extra wind raider! Slush head I'm starting to like more. I just worry a little about his dopey facial expression. Snake mountain stands are nice.
    Mighty Spector is a ninja time traveller. I like the idea and the look is growing on me. I think his bio is going to be a game changer if they bring a lot of time lines and people together. I want to know more about the spade on his chest. The wrist cosmic key is great also. THunder punch He-man's blast effect looks great also.

    For those still interested here are the "MERMEN"

    The first two have a flash the second 2 don't. Just so you can get an idea of the colour.

    Any more news on the catch up for the weekend? Where's Mr Roboto when we need him!
    I agree with everything you've just said here dude!

    And those Mer-Men look great! Now I want a second one!!

  8. #6108
    Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    see i am wondering if hurricane hordak might not be a set for spikor (arm at least) but yeah there aint to many classics left

    This is, from my own list, what figures are left to do vintage wise. We may want to rip the movie figures out of there though. Let me know if I missed any...

    BLADE
    BLAST ATTAK
    CLAMP CHAMP
    CLAWFUL
    DRAGSTOR
    EXTENDAR
    GWILDOR
    HE-MAN FLYING FIST
    HE-MAN LASER POWER
    HORDAK BUZZ SAW
    HORDE TROOPER
    JITSU
    MANTENNA
    MEKANECK
    MODULOK
    MOSQUITOR
    MULTI BOT
    NINJOR
    RAM-MAN
    RATTLOR
    RIO BLAST
    ROKKON
    ROTAR
    SAUROD
    SKELETOR DRAGON BLASTER
    SKELETOR LASER LIGHT
    SKELETOR TERROR CLAWS
    SNAKE FACE
    SPIKOR
    SSSQUEEZE
    STONEDAR
    TUNG LASHOR
    TWISTOID
    TWO-BAD

    Anybody got a NA or PoP list???
    We don't need no education...

    Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

  9. #6109
    Grayskull Warrior Oz-Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,768
    From memory...

    Frosta
    Castaspella
    Glimmer
    Angella
    Spinerella
    Netossa
    Perfuma
    Sweet Bee
    Entrapta
    Flutterina
    Double Trouble
    Peekablue
    Lookee
    Kowl
    Star Burst She-Ra
    Shower Power Catra
    Scratchin Sounds Catra

    Have I missed any?

  10. #6110
    Heroic Warrior eddie3429's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kensington, Melbourne
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    This is, from my own list, what figures are left to do vintage wise. We may want to rip the movie figures out of there though. Let me know if I missed any...

    BLADE
    BLAST ATTAK
    CLAMP CHAMP
    CLAWFUL
    DRAGSTOR
    EXTENDAR
    GWILDOR
    HE-MAN FLYING FIST
    HE-MAN LASER POWER
    HORDAK BUZZ SAW
    HORDE TROOPER
    JITSU
    MANTENNA
    MEKANECK
    MODULOK
    MOSQUITOR
    MULTI BOT
    NINJOR
    RAM-MAN
    RATTLOR
    RIO BLAST
    ROKKON
    ROTAR
    SAUROD
    SKELETOR DRAGON BLASTER
    SKELETOR LASER LIGHT
    SKELETOR TERROR CLAWS
    SNAKE FACE
    SPIKOR
    SSSQUEEZE
    STONEDAR
    TUNG LASHOR
    TWISTOID
    TWO-BAD

    Anybody got a NA or PoP list???
    Clawful is out...
    Still alot left, more then i always think, but in terms of the more known characters it is dropping. and if you take out the He-man and skeletors.
    I am really hoping they do a reissue or Qtr Var of Man at Arms, he is a big whole in my collection

  11. #6111
    Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    827
    Cheers Eddie.

    I'd love a quarterly Varient of MAA with his big hand cannon.

    Is anyone getting the Spymonkey Chain saw. It looks ... OK. I'd like to see pics on a figure though. I love the other stuff I have from them. Did anyone get the Tytus Hammer. Is it any good?
    We don't need no education...

    Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

  12. #6112
    Heroic Warrior eddie3429's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kensington, Melbourne
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    Cheers Eddie.

    I'd love a quarterly Varient of MAA with his big hand cannon.

    Is anyone getting the Spymonkey Chain saw. It looks ... OK. I'd like to see pics on a figure though. I love the other stuff I have from them. Did anyone get the Tytus Hammer. Is it any good?
    I was looking for the price on chainsaw but cold see much. is it available for purchase or was it just for power con.

  13. #6113
    Heroic Warrior retcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Clawful is out...
    Still alot left, more then i always think, but in terms of the more known characters it is dropping. and if you take out the He-man and skeletors.
    I am really hoping they do a reissue or Qtr Var of Man at Arms, he is a big whole in my collection

    I've been using this site http://www.nijirain.com/Eternia.htm - seems pretty good, but I am still a relative new-comer to the world of MOTU.

  14. #6114
    Heroic Warrior eddie3429's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kensington, Melbourne
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    I've been using this site http://www.nijirain.com/Eternia.htm - seems pretty good, but I am still a relative new-comer to the world of MOTU.
    cheers man, very cool

  15. #6115
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    see i am wondering if hurricane hordak might not be a set for spikor (arm at least)
    good idea, but Spikor's trident was on his left arm, making him unique to all other figures with action features on their right arms... He was shown to have it on his right arm on a few rare occasions, but I think Mattel would be crucified by the MOTU purists if he suddenly had the trident on the "wrong" arm/hand .... Perhaps Spikor made Hurricane Hordak's weapon upgrades just as he forged Skeletor's Terror Claws?? I guess we'll just have to stay tuned and keep reading the bios! LoL!

    Re: Power Con Reveals

    I like everything here (except Spector), just hope the paint jobs are as nice as the prototypes. Really looking forward to Slush Head & Stinkor.

    Spector is a poor example of following the MOTU style guide ... Dark Purple / Blue / Black characters were genuinely associated with the bad guys, the bright/light colour schemes were applied to the goodies - here we have a "good" character who looks to have an "evil" face with "evil" dark ominous paint scheme ... The armour reminds me of something you would get from a bootleg line and the spade on his chest just adds to the overall cheapness of the figure... man, I can't believe they're actually gonna make this guy for a 30th anniversary figure... I need a bucket.

    Re: Melbourne Meet Up

    This weekend yeah? Count me in, whats the latest?

  16. #6116
    Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    827
    @eddie3429: This is a cool little visual check list that I found in one of the forums.

    http://pages.suddenlink.net/soundwav...checklist.html

    Hope that helps as well.

    P.S Are you going to see "Hair" in Sunbury mate?
    We don't need no education...

    Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

  17. #6117
    Heroic Warrior eddie3429's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kensington, Melbourne
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    good idea, but Spikor's trident was on his left arm, making him unique to all other figures with action features on their right arms... He was shown to have it on his right arm on a few rare occasions, but I think Mattel would be crucified by the MOTU purists if he suddenly had the trident on the "wrong" arm/hand .... Perhaps Spikor made Hurricane Hordak's weapon upgrades just as he forged Skeletor's Terror Claws?? I guess we'll just have to stay tuned and keep reading the bios! LoL!
    true, but isn't there a way of "flipping parts" or mirroring parts thats cheaper then re-scuplting? sure i have seen it in toy lines before but i could be mistaken

  18. #6118
    Heroic Warrior He-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    @eddie3429: This is a cool little visual check list that I found in one of the forums.

    http://pages.suddenlink.net/soundwav...checklist.html
    I love that checklist. It looks great. I wish they included POP and NA like they have MOTU. There are three checklists that I always refer to. Two of them have just been listed. The third one is this one:

    itsalltrue

    Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    Re: Melbourne Meet Up

    This weekend yeah? Count me in, whats the latest?
    How does a meet up on Sunday sound? What time/place suits everyone?

  19. #6119
    Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    827
    I'm in. Anytime is good. city area is helpful.
    We don't need no education...

    Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

  20. #6120
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    true, but isn't there a way of "flipping parts" or mirroring parts thats cheaper then re-scuplting? sure i have seen it in toy lines before but i could be mistaken
    yeah you're probably right, 3D real-scanning or somethin' like that. I was thinking it would be kool if he had a 2 segment periscope extension coming out of his wrist and the other attachments like the Trident, Hammer, HH's weapons etc could all attach to that somehow... It will be interesting to see how they handle it and if his arm is changeable with the other characters' accessories.

    Re: Melbourne Meet Up
    I'm keen for Sunday - city or richmond is good for me too!
    Last edited by -TRaP-JaW-; September 26, 2011 at 11:05pm.

  21. #6121
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    Does anyone have a copy of NA He-Man that they would be willing to copy for me?

    I have never seen it and I don't want to buy the DVD incase it is as crap as everyone has said.

    On a side note, The Mighty Spector is growing on me

  22. #6122
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of NA He-Man that they would be willing to copy for me?

    I have never seen it and I don't want to buy the DVD incase it is as crap as everyone has said.

    On a side note, The Mighty Spector is growing on me
    Sorry budddy, aint got it......But I agree Spector is really growing on me too! Watching TG talk about it made me rethink it!...but I still hate the Camera thing!!!

    (also hate the idea of Illumina...but thats on principle!l)
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  23. #6123
    Grayskull Warrior Oz-Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,768
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of NA He-Man that they would be willing to copy for me?

    I have never seen it and I don't want to buy the DVD incase it is as crap as everyone has said.

    On a side note, The Mighty Spector is growing on me
    I have them, but I donít have any DVD ripping/burning software on my PC.. If you canít find anyone that can burn you a copy, let me know and I'll send you mine to watch and return.

  24. #6124
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Sorry budddy, aint got it......But I agree Spector is really growing on me too! Watching TG talk about it made me rethink it!...but I still hate the Camera thing!!!

    (also hate the idea of Illumina...but thats on principle!l)
    The thing with Spector is it is not a great character of figure by any means, but the small things like the cosmic key on the wrist, the energy blade and the "bullets" all add up to make me appreciate the figure more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    I have them, but I donít have any DVD ripping/burning software on my PC.. If you canít find anyone that can burn you a copy, let me know and I'll send you mine to watch and return.
    Thanks Scott. I have almost pulled the trigger on buying them a couple of times but I kind of get the feeling they won't be worth rewatching

  25. #6125
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The thing with Spector is it is not a great character of figure by any means, but the small things like the cosmic key on the wrist, the energy blade and the "bullets" all add up to make me appreciate the figure more.
    Exactly! on 1st sight I thought 'Oh **** off!' but watching Scott explain it and all the details that aint immediatly visable, coupled with his enthusiasm....and Im swayed!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •