Page 246 of 293 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256 ... LastLast
Results 6,126 to 6,150 of 7306

Thread: Australians out there

guys , does anyone know where in Sydney are there any vintage toy shops???? Like old second hand toys shops???
    I have the power

Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    @eddie3429: This is a cool little visual check list that I found in one of the forums.

http://pages.suddenlink.net/soundwavempl/motucfigs/motucvchecklist.html

Hope that helps as well.

P.S Are you going to see "Hair" in Sunbury mate?
    ohh thanks man.

yeah i should be popping back for that one. was speaking to jess the other night about it. i didn't realise it was so close.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Exactly! on 1st sight I thought 'Oh **** off!' but watching Scott explain it and all the details that aint immediatly visable, coupled with his enthusiasm....and Im swayed!!
    In truth, one of the things I don't like about the character is the name. I am interested how they will connect Lt Spector with the Mighty Spector. The figure isn't perfect but good on Toyguru for getting his figure made. I don't understand the hate because MOTU is built on people getting their figures made

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Exactly! on 1st sight I thought 'Oh **** off!' but watching Scott explain it and all the details that aint immediatly visable, coupled with his enthusiasm....and Im swayed!!
    I just watched this video as well and now I am totally on board. The little details and the reasons for it all makes more sense and TG is super excited which rubs off a little as well. I'm getting more enthusiast about the 30th sub from this as well. Glad I got one.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Heroic Warrior
    Re: Vintage Toy Shops in Sydney

I'm not a Sydney-sider, but I've heard about a Parramatta Collectables Fair that seems to occur pretty frequently. I think it's a popular place to pick-up second hand action figures.

Quote Originally Posted by matty590 View Post
    guys , does anyone know where in Sydney are there any vintage toy shops???? Like old second hand toys shops???
    There's Egg Records in Newtown. I was there a few weeks ago and they have lots of MotU stuff. Be warned though, the figures are super crap quality and start at about $30. If you live in Sydney, I'd say check out the Parramatta Collectables Fair. They have tonnes of vintage MotU stuff all at great prices! I've found heaps of cool stuff there! I think the next one is in November, but DaBigfella would be able to confirm that...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    In truth, one of the things I don't like about the character is the name. I am interested how they will connect Lt Spector with the Mighty Spector. The figure isn't perfect but good on Toyguru for getting his figure made. I don't understand the hate because MOTU is built on people getting their figures made
    It's about jealousy as far as I can tell.. It makes me sad to see all the hate that people feel towards characters they don't like. The anger means they miss out on the joy of getting something cool and unexpected. No-one is saying we have to love every figure, but if you don't like it, click away from it... Let go of the hate... I know I've gone on rants about Queen Marlena's eyes, but at the end of the day, where did it get me? Nowhere. I bought 4 of her! LOL. *shrug* (Sometimes my inner peace loving hippie pushes his way to the surface.)

I feel sorry for the person who wins the the Create-A-Character contest. Unless it is at Draego-Man levels of awesome the poor person is going to be lynched. Unless of course it is someone who is respected in the community.

I am sure this forum is full of trolls. The Spector thread is at 10 pages (by my forum settings) in less than a week and the Positivity thread is at 5 pages (again by my forum settings) and that has been going for over a month?

One reveal that wasn't well received, 3 reveals that are awesome yet it is the one reveal that gets all of the focus. It boggles my mind why people even collect this line if they can't see the forest from the trees

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I feel sorry for the person who wins the the Create-A-Character contest. Unless it is at Draego-Man levels of awesome the poor person is going to be lynched. Unless of course it is someone who is respected in the community.

I am sure this forum is full of trolls. The Spector thread is at 10 pages (by my forum settings) in less than a week and the Positivity thread is at 5 pages (again by my forum settings) and that has been going for over a month?

One reveal that wasn't well received, 3 reveals that are awesome yet it is the one reveal that gets all of the focus. It boggles my mind why people even collect this line if they can't see the forest from the trees
    Amen Brother!

The forums are 80% Trolls, and I ignore them (I only have two actually on ignore, the others I just see their avatar and skip em)

This site has been bringing me down again lately, Its -again- affected the way I look at my MOTUC, I walk past em straight to the other collections -Primarily Monster High and Doctor who at the moment!.

but watching the reveal panel from PC, the TG walkthru and tonight Ill watch the Melendy Britt and Oppenheimer video. has made me happier with the line! I also had a BIG convo last night with Brian -BCRduke- so am not as messed up over all the Emiliano stuff!

Im pulling myself outta the hole! I gotta! I love this line too much!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I canít believe you are all falling in love with Spector. Iíll admit it was cool to see Scott talk about the figure, but itís still way undercooked IMO. And he doesnít fit in the MOTU universe. I know people comparatively talk about characters like Rio Blast when it comes to what fits in but IMO they only just scrape in as well. Itís not so much the concept, but the aesthetics. I think the biggest issue is the head. MOTU is known for its charactersí personalities and much of that is conveyed in their faces. Even Ninjor has a face. Other evidence of this is Mattelís and the 4HMís reluctance to not give Moss Man a nose (as originally drawn by Emiliano); they even gave the Faceless one a face!

If I were Scott, I would have really looked at my 20 year old design and, as an adult, worked out what was good and what needed work. That spade, for example, is cringeworthy. If he was so in love with spades as a kid (???), why not keep the idea, but modify the design so Spector doesnít look like something from a deck of X-Men playing cards.

Almost everyoneís favourite element is the cosmic key wrist attachment and that has only recently been added.

This whole thing has made me re-think my classics collection. Iíve really back off my previous approach of ďgotta catch Ďem allĒ, where I was prepared to buy and keep figs that I wasnít all that interested in Ė I was even considering getting (and keeping) a Photog for the sake of it all. But now Iím not getting the 30th anniversary sub and Iím not getting either Photog or Spector. Iím even going to sell off anything from the main sub that I donít like.

To me, the biggest problem is that we now have another Jar Jar in the MOTU universe. Photog and Spector are going to be the Gwildor slash Wun-Dar of future MOTU. Everyone will question how they managed to sneak in but no-one will be able to get rid of them.

Sorry for the novel.

I wouldn't say we are falling in love with Spector but we are looking at it for the good features it has. I agree with you saying it is undercooked but it is what it is. I can't understang why people keep saying it doesn't fit it, just wait until Plundor is revealed

Ka, here is my post from the positivity thread and it always works for me;
    One thing I do when the character selection and MOTUC in general gets me down is to think about who I would be missing if I decided to quit the line, or if I need some extra MOTUC motivation.

Mosquitor is still to come. If he is completely based on vintage he will still be one of the best looking figures in the line. Add in his 200x elements and you get a figure that could give Trap-Jaw (still my favourite figure) a run for his money.

Spikor is going to look bad ass. We all know this and we all accept it. He is the last of the top most requested figures. I think he is the last character in the MOTUC Idol that is yet to get a figure.

Rio Blast, the space cowboy. This is my own personal favourite still to come. He was one of my last few figures I got at the end of my MOTU collecting. We have all seen how good Icarius has turned out with his jet pack so I can only imagine how cool Rio Blast's weapon systems are going to look. I can only hope and wish that the 200x elements get included because that version is the best update I have ever seen.

Modulok and Multibot. Are you kidding me? These two are going to be awesome, no doubt about it. Now that Mattel has Filmation rights can you imagine a Modulok that can be made into the vintage figure and the Filmation look?

All this is just the tip of the iceberg. I am not even including characters like Extendar, Dragstor, the Snake Men, Jitsu, Stinkor, Blast Attack and that is just vintage MOTU. There is still PoP, NA, 200x that look so good. The Filmation characters such as Lord Masque, Shokoti, characters from the mini comics, Lodar, Garn, vehicles, beasts, giants, it just keeps going and going.

Just writing this post has me pumped but this is just my list. Your list may be the same or completely different but there is no doubt that the figures still to come gives me so much hope and positivity. I would honestly be suprised to find someone who is still collecting this line that can not find something to be positive about.

Will it all be perfect? Doubtful. But even the figures that have been full of controversy, Roboto and King Hsss, are still some of my favourite figures now they are in my collection. I will continue to blind buy multiple subscriptions every year until this line ends

thanks guys for your help in reguards to vintage toy shops... Parramatta sounds like it could be the place to go to , cheers
    I have the power

I wouldn't say we are falling in love with Spector but we are looking at it for the good features it has. I agree with you saying it is undercooked but it is what it is. I can't understang why people keep saying it doesn't fit it, just wait until Plundor is revealed
    I agree with you Dan, that he doesnt look quite right....But I weighed him up against 'Snout Spout',and I hate that figure! yet it is a MOTU Classic!

also the fact that Spector and Photog are both outside the main sub/line makes it easier for me to accept him! I actually look at the whole '30Th' sub as 6 Mo-larrs-yes they will be shoehorned into the mythos but its entirely up to the buyer wether or not they choose to make them part of MOTU proper!

Im not being forced -sub!- to buy him so I decided to look at it as a 'potential' buyer...not a hostage!

Whereas I look at Snout Spout and feel anger! It was one figure that needed a Staction twist (or 8!!!) and it got not only a Pure vintage version...but a heightened vintage interpretation!

anyhoo as Ive said before, Im passing on the 30th sub, I would like to pick up Draego, so will be there at 3am that night!

But cos I can step back from Photog and Spector I can appreciate them more!

-Anthony Great post! thanks for sharing!

[/CENTER]

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    @TheFallen. You are a champion of the collection. I love this view and now feel myself being more in line with how you are with it. I love loads of these figures and the great far outway the good and the good even outway the bad.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Ka, here is my post from the positivity thread and it always works for me;
    I am with mark. very nicely put.

Saw lion King last night and spent the whole time comparing it to He-man, the uncle wanting to king, the growing up tale, forming a band or heros, light and dark places. the action king, Evil (slightly dumb) henchmen.

Quote Originally Posted by matty590 View Post
    thanks guys for your help in reguards to vintage toy shops... Parramatta sounds like it could be the place to go to , cheers
    The Parra Fairs are usually good - but can be a bit hit and miss. Plus, there's only 4 a year.

One of the vendors though - the Comic Bug - is I believe still out at Bondi Junction where he's been for a decade or more. Scary how long I ago I remember visiting him for the first time.

Anyway, check he's still there and his opening hours and I could recommend a trip out there.

Otherwise, Sheriff's Mini Cars at Parramatta also used to have a selection of figures etc although it was primarily a model shop. I'm a bit out of touch so may not be around any more either.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Sorcy is sold at conventions and any remaining stock will be on matty at the end of the year.... she will either sell out and be expensive or last forever... could go either way.
    Mattel had a table at armegeddon melbourne once. it would be nice if they came back and sold her here.... highly doubt it though
    Thanks eddie

If i was to buy her, i'd do it directly from the US as it'd be cheaper than buying one here. Or i can wait till December 2012 and buy it off Matty...

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Thanks eddie

If i was to buy her, i'd do it directly from the US as it'd be cheaper than buying one here. Or i can wait till December 2012 and buy it off Matty...
    I may get someone over in the states to buy me one at a con, It would be my default Sorceress, Ive never liked the Orange version!

maybe should get a few in case any of you guys want one?

[/CENTER]

I just watched the Alan Oppenheimer and Melendy Britt fan panel. WOW!
    Just amazing! It really solidified my love for the show, especially She-Ra. I even welled up a couple of times. Melendy is so beautiful! Filmation not only made a great TV show, they've left a life long legacy! I'm kinda speechless...
    I'm gonna go watch it again right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    The Parra Fairs are usually good - but can be a bit hit and miss. Plus, there's only 4 a year.

One of the vendors though - the Comic Bug - is I believe still out at Bondi Junction where he's been for a decade or more. Scary how long I ago I remember visiting him for the first time.

Anyway, check he's still there and his opening hours and I could recommend a trip out there.

Otherwise, Sheriff's Mini Cars at Parramatta also used to have a selection of figures etc although it was primarily a model shop. I'm a bit out of touch so may not be around any more either.
    Both unfortunately not there anymore, sheriffs is in kings park and I'm pretty sure Costa(the comic bug) only does the parra fair now.... November is the next one...

And I love all the MOTUC stuff shown. I am an avid vintage fan so closer to the vintage with the classics articulation the better (hence I think snout spout is perfect as is) and the line is terrific so far. Any additions for me are just a good excuse to add to my shelves. The positives to Spector outweigh the bad for me. The cosmic key wrist weapon with energy blade and whip? I mean that's just pure awesome! He fits into my motu mythos display no worries!

I did buy a tonne of 0X motu including all the neca statues and busts even though for me, I didn't like the design of them, but finding new motu was just awesome!

I rarely read the main boards, the negativity is just really bad, and every board has at least one or 2 negative nancys bringing everyone else down, here is good though.
    Last edited by DaBigfella; September 28, 2011 at 07:42am.
    MOTUC is my thing!

I may get someone over in the states to buy me one at a con, It would be my default Sorceress, Ive never liked the Orange version!

Put me down for two

Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    @TheFallen. You are a champion of the collection. I love this view and now feel myself being more in line with how you are with it. I love loads of these figures and the great far outway the good and the good even outway the bad.
    It really does help me to feel exactly what I posted. It is basically positive reinforcement. And there is no negative post on the boards that can change that for me
    Last edited by TheFallen; September 28, 2011 at 10:05am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    MOTU is known for its charactersí personalities and much of that is conveyed in their faces. Even Ninjor has a face. Other evidence of this is Mattelís and the 4HMís reluctance to not give Moss Man a nose (as originally drawn by Emiliano); they even gave the Faceless one a face!
    But he DOES have a face Dan!! ... I'm sure it will be revealed in the bios that he was originally a palace guard see...

In all seriousness though, I agree with everything you said in that novel mate.

That would be really cool Ka, i'd like to get my hands on one if possible

Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    But he DOES have a face Dan!! ... I'm sure it will be revealed in the bios that he was originally a palace guard see...

http://www.kutsnake.com.au/motu/Spec...ceRevealed.jpg

In all seriousness though, I agree with everything you said in that novel mate.
    If i remember correctly TG did say that in the bio you do find out its the same character

@Eddie: Are you for real???

I was only messin' around ... That's a bit over the top, who's toy line is this again?

@TG ego much??

Quote Originally Posted by -TRaP-JaW- View Post
    @Eddie: Are you for real???

I was only messin' around ... That's a bit over the top, who's toy line is this again?

@TG ego much??
    yeah the PD run down video i am pretty sure it was in.

In fairness i believe Lt spector was designed behind his back. but he did ok it once seen. he was called spector after the toy TG sent in and now he is doing it decided to tie the two together.
    there is some ego here but i can't say i wouldn't do the same thing

Leech HH and cheif carnivorous just arrived
    Last edited by eddie3429; September 29, 2011 at 07:04pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost