Page 264 of 292 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 7293

Thread: Australians out there

Heroic Warrior
    Re: Voltron

I bet that by the time the first reviews start coming in and/or when people receive their figures, then they will be very happy they got the subscription.

I'm still unsure whether passing on the sub was a good idea or not, although I know that if I'm wowed by the reviews of the Red Lion in January/February, then I'll be cursing each and every month that I'm logging into mattycollector.com trying to obtain a critical piece of Voltron. After all, missing out on a single MOTUC figure isn't too bad. Having a Voltron with a missing arm or leg would be pretty darn devastating!

Comic-Con comes to Australia

And it is starting in my hometown;

Oz Comic-Con comes to South Australia in 2012

HOLY dress-ups, Batman! Adelaide has been chosen to host the Down Under debut of Oz Comic-Con next year.

The internationally recognised comic-book convention is expected to draw about 10,000 people, with potential to grow beyond 20,000 in future years.

Organisers expect many of these people to come dressed up as their favourite characters, such as The Phantom, Superman or Wonder Woman. Tourism Minister Gail Gago said original Comic-Con event, in San Diego, was the biggest convention of any type in the US and the fourth largest of its kind in the world.

"The San Diego convention started with 300 people in 1970 and last year attendance exceeded 130,000," Ms Gago said.

"This is a good example of South Australia tapping into a niche market to deliver broad economic benefits."

Oz Comic-Con will be held on Saturday, March 31, and Sunday, April 1, in the Goyder Pavilion at the Adelaide Showgrounds. The aim is to make it an annual event.

Organisers predict more than 100 exhibitors will attend from interstate.

More than 1000 fans will travel here from overseas and interstate, combining with local visitors to deliver a tourism bonanza estimated at more than $2 million.

Oz Comic-Con Adelaide will feature film and TV stars such as Jewel Staite (Firefly, Serenity, Stargate Atlantis), Teryl Rothery (Stargate SGI), Nicola Scott (Teen Titans, Birds of Prey, JSA, Secret Six) and Stewart McKenny (Super Friends, Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures), with more expected to be announced.

Aspiring South Australian comic creators will be able to submit their work for professional review. Peter Spandrio of Adelaide Comics Centre in Rundle Mall predicted the convention would be a great success. He co-owns the comic-book store with Michael Baulderstone, who made headlines last year when - while dressed as Spider-Man - foiled a would-be thief in the shop, while other people dressed as Jedi Knights, the Flash and other superheroes looked on during the store's annual free comic-book dress-up day.

"This will be absolutely great for Adelaide," Mr Spandrio said.

"There is huge interest in this sort of thing and people get into the spirit of it by dressing up just like they do for our free comic-book day."

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post

Ive been waiting for you in FB!!! Finally WE get a Con!....they build it and They will come! Get Together in adelaide next year !!!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/comic-...-1226224767104

aj
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I know it is not going to be SDCC epic, hell it probably won't be big at all, but it has the potential to be something which is more than nothing

Apparently, Armegeddon did pretty well here in Adelaide earlier this year. I am not expecting anything ground breaking at OZCC but I will certainly be keeping an eye on any further developments.

I have asked Toyguru if they could make Temple of Darkness Sorceress available to purchase at the event but I doubt anything will come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Yeah I was wondering that, when is the 1st Volton Edition?
    Just had a look on Matty and it says that the first Lion (Red) + (Pilot) Lance is on sale in February (damn it!)

The Red Lion is $35 and the pilot Lance is $15... so ...$50 (not including shipping costs) Double damn it.

It's gonna be a tough one on the wallet to say the least

I'm gonna cop flak (so be it) but i think the Star Sisters should be moved again. Too much in a short space of time within different franchises and they wonder why not as many subs were sold!

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post

I'm gonna cop flak (so be it) but i think the Star Sisters should be moved again. Too much in a short space of time within different franchises and they wonder why not as many subs were sold!

Im a major POP fan...BUt I dont care if the sisters are moved again...They are not the figures I want, so I dont care!

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldn't mind if the Star Sisters were moved. Preferably to 2017.

They can replace them with a three-pack of Glimmer, Queen Angella and Kowl.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

I wouldnt mind if THESE Star sisters were moved to the Moon!

[/CENTER]

They can replace them with a three-pack of Glimmer, Queen Angella and Kowl.
    ALthough I don't mind the Star Sisters, it was indeed a silly idea to have an expensive 3-pack composed of obscure characters before getting the main ones like Glimmer, Angela, Castaspella and so on.

The Star Sisters would have worked better as a con exclusive or a 'late in the line' set after we had gotten the main Pop cast...oh well..

Anyways, has anyone received the Black Friday sales stuff? The Swiftwind orders arrived really quick and I am hoping to receive he Black Friday stuff this week as that order also contains a Christmas gift.

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

I haven't received my Black Friday order. I'm thinking it is likely to arrive as a late Christmas present, but I would be happy to be proven wrong in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    ALthough I don't mind the Star Sisters, it was indeed a silly idea to have an expensive 3-pack composed of obscure characters before getting the main ones like Glimmer, Angela, Castaspella and so on.

The Star Sisters would have worked better as a con exclusive or a 'late in the line' set after we had gotten the main Pop cast...oh well..
    This is the way i feel... I don't hate the Star Sisters but i really really feel that the SS should have been an SDCC exclusive along with whatever else. I too would have preferred other core characters from the PoP world before the SS. It'd be sad if we did have to wait till 2013 or later to get even a couple of those characters.

Not that its important but i wonder where the support for the SS came from for them to 'make it'? The voices seem to be louder for Illumina than the SS. Again, i'm not hating on any figures but rather just curious...

Anyways, has anyone received the Black Friday sales stuff? The Swiftwind orders arrived really quick and I am hoping to receive he Black Friday stuff this week as that order also contains a Christmas gift.
    Nah not yet, i hope i jinx myself when i say this but i've a feeling we won't see them till after Christmas/New Year...

I want my Goddess! Mo-Larr and Palace Guards less so but nevertheless LoL.

^^^^

I just want my Mossman to show up so that I can get his moss OFF! I so want to have a Mossman for my Preternia shelf that looks nice and different from the flocked one.

Would be interesting to see Mark, which head are you gonna use?

In other news, my Wind Raider's have shipped! Woot! Hopefully see them after the new year...

Yep my WR has shipped as as my LOSH! whoo hoo! but Im still sad to not have Demon coming til at least Feb! I Really want that figure...NOW!

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

The bright green would be in keeping with the Christmas spirit. Especially if wearing King Grayskull V2.0's red and white cape.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Would be interesting to see Mark, which head are you gonna use?
    Not sure yet. But in my head, just to make a story of it, back in the preternia days he was a bit of a savage and hadn't grown to full maturity. So I think i'll go for the angry head. But then it may end up looking crap and I change my mind entirely. I'll post some picks when it is all completed!

Although if I ever get a flocked ears Mossman I'm not sure how I'll display all three... (and just quietly, that is my biggest issue with this line right now, so I'm pretty ***** happy)

Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    Not sure yet. But in my head, just to make a story of it, back in the preternia days he was a bit of a savage and hadn't grown to full maturity. So I think i'll go for the angry head. But then it may end up looking crap and I change my mind entirely. I'll post some picks when it is all completed!

Although if I ever get a flocked ears Mossman I'm not sure how I'll display all three... (and just quietly, that is my biggest issue with this line right now, so I'm pretty ***** happy)
    Sweet! Looking forward to the pics

Come to think of it, i might do a flocked Panthor now that he'll be available throughout the year!

That's a great idea Frank. There is a little model train place near my work where I can get flock from...Purple may be an issue though. I just hope there is a month next year where there is just 1 figure so I can afford one.

Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    That's a great idea Frank. There is a little model train place near my work where I can get flock from...Purple may be an issue though. I just hope there is a month next year where there is just 1 figure so I can afford one.
    Cheers!

There's a place like that near me too! I'll have to check it out - i'll let you know what happens.

Yeah, me too. It's looking likely that it might be after the first three months or so that i'll look into doing it. Having a Voltron sub on top of MotUC makes it a little difficult LoL.

I would just like to take this time to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Same here, dont think i will be online tomorrow, its always a busy day. Lots of eating too, got my Swiftwind and Snout Spout to open tomorrow so will have some motu love. So merry xmas everyone and if anyone is going to be on the roads tomorrow pls drive carefully.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post

That's awesome news but why Adelaide?

Merry Christmas Y'all. Hope everyone has a rad NYE. Still no Black Friday figures at my place.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Just want to check with you guys that have the subs, did you guys get charged on your credit cards for Demo man and BGEL yet???????????????????????????

Or are they being charged when the figs get shipped???????????????????????
    Evil Army of the Horde!!