Ok, this might seem a Lil off topic, but this is Stratos hospital! lol
A lot of collectors (on the MOTU sites) have been annoyed at the position the wings are glued on their Stratos figures, for some reason MATTEL has seen fit to glue them into a position behind the bicep, which means that when posed his wings are either behind him OR his arms are in such a position that he seems to be doing the 'Chicken Dance'(pun intended!)
so Ive heard all the techniques that the MOTU sites are offering and have tried the one that I felt most comfortable using (to re position his wings!) And it worked perfectly! so I figured Id share it on here for the Collectors on Jemcon. Here gos!
1. heres my Stratos as he was, you can see how awkwardly the wings are glued under his arm.
2. Ok you will need a kettle, a glass, tweezers ooh and Stratos!
3. boil the kettle, fill the glass with boiling water (take care!) and place Stratos's arm into the glass for about 30 seconds, remove the arm and gently prise off the hand, then use your fingernail to lever off the armband on the wing, it varies how much glue has been used, you may need to place his arm in the water again to melt the glue.
4. Repeat with his other arm.
5. Replace the armbands and position the wings where you want them, they will be relatively posable from now on anyway.YAY!
6. Place the hands in the glass for a while, so they soften up again, then using Tweezers remove them from the water one at a time and re-attach them Gently.
7.Voila! Happy Birdman leaves ER!
Ok, I really hope that helps anyone who needs it! (I should post my 'Guide to restoring and maintaining Curly hair during Cleaning' lol )