Page 282 of 292 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 7293

Thread: Australians out there

Yeah I'm getting the usual 1 sub

Heroic Warrior
    No subscription for me.

It's just not something I can realistically afford nor do I have the room to display all of the figures I would receive as part of the subscription.

@ The Blue Beetle - What is "All Star Comics"? Is it an online auction site? I'm personally interested in all POP characters.

Heroic Warrior
    In 2 minds - the refusal to do bulk shipping plus DHL policy makes it almost, maybe definitely, a tipping point to quitting the line. May be able to combine shipping with someone else though- will know what's happening in the next week or so.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    @ The Blue Beetle - What is "All Star Comics"? Is it an online auction site? I'm personally interested in all POP characters.
    It's a comic shop in Melbourne. It's one of, if not the, best in the city, and it's where I get all my comics from each week. They also sell a small range of action figures, including MOTUC.

http://ascmelbourne.blogspot.com.au/

Heroic Warrior
    @ The Blue Beetle

Ah. Thanks. If you have trouble selling any POP figures to the comic shop, let me know as I won't be getting a subscription, but I'm interested in any POP figures Mattel releases.

I am upping the ante for 2013, 3 subs for me.

Oh wait, it is right there in my signature

Heroic Warrior
    @ The Fallen

Have your TMNT Retro Classics shipped from BBTS yet? I pre-ordered mine in March and they still haven't processed the order.

@ The Fallen

Have your TMNT Retro Classics shipped from BBTS yet? I pre-ordered mine in March and they still haven't processed the order.
    Nah, they cancelled my order when it got to the warehouse. Don't expect them to process your order. I ended up getting a set from ebay but I am hearing Amazon are selling them at a pretty decent price

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Nah, they cancelled my order when it got to the warehouse. Don't expect them to process your order. I ended up getting a set from ebay but I am hearing Amazon are selling them at a pretty decent price
    A terrific price About $18-20 per figure (including shipping) if you buy all 4 in one go.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    A terrific price About $18-20 per figure (including shipping) if you buy all 4 in one go.
    Unfortunately, I paid a little bit more than this

On a side note, Vykron has arrived;

@ The Blue Beetle

Ah. Thanks. If you have trouble selling any POP figures to the comic shop, let me know as I won't be getting a subscription, but I'm interested in any POP figures Mattel releases.
    Good to know! Thanks, dude. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

@ The Fallen

Playmates have instructed BBTS not to sell any of their product outside of the US. All international pre-orders will have been cancelled. Sorry man, you'll probably have to hit up ebay.

Heroic Warrior
    Re: TMNT Retro Classics

Does Amazon ship action figures internationally now? I didn't think they shipped toys outside the US.

I'll have to check it out.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am upping the ante for 2013, 3 subs for me.

Oh wait, it is right there in my signature
    You would be in the same boat as me i guess, feeling that your collection wont be complete without Rio Blast like i need Two-Bad. We are so close to just about having everything, i really hope 2013 goes ahead because 2014 will be awesome, mainly excited about the 2pks we would get as they would remove the beast slot for more 2pks.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Re: TMNT Retro Classics

Does Amazon ship action figures internationally now? I didn't think they shipped toys outside the US.

I'll have to check it out.
    I thought the same but apparently they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    You would be in the same boat as me i guess, feeling that your collection wont be complete without Rio Blast like i need Two-Bad. We are so close to just about having everything, i really hope 2013 goes ahead because 2014 will be awesome, mainly excited about the 2pks we would get as they would remove the beast slot for more 2pks.
    Two Bad is right up there for me but if I started thinking about all the figures I need to feel my collection is complete I will only depress myself.

Heroic Warrior
    Re: TMNT Retro-Classics

Thanks for the heads up about amazon.com. An order has been placed and it works out to be cheaper than the BBTS price anyway!

As disheartening as all the MOTUC news has been lately, I'm looking forward to receiving my TMNT.

Re: TMNT Retro-Classics

Thanks for the heads up about amazon.com. An order has been placed and it works out to be cheaper than the BBTS price anyway!

As disheartening as all the MOTUC news has been lately, I'm looking forward to receiving my TMNT.
    +1.

Playmates seem to have really hit this one for six, going by what I've seen and the reviews. Can't wait to get mine!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

Been a while since i've posted here...

Well, i'm in for two subs w/ fast shipping next year. Hope that by the time the deadline comes around, we'll be looking forward to another full year of figures albeit a little more realistic in terms of the quota of figures that has been projected. I'll also be glad if the roadmap has been changed and we do get all the so-called heavy hitters next year. I could well do without beasts or at least just have one per year. Not particularly interested in any more three packs after FFM, i'd rather see a couple more two packs ~ namely Rock Warriors & Horde Troopers.

Having seen the figures we'll be getting for the rest of the year and early next year in person, i'm excited by what we'll be getting soon!

Looking back on things at SDCC though, i strongly feel that Mattel should have used different tactics which potentially might have helped sell subs. Here's what i think:

1). Mattel needed to go all out with proper photo's of the SDCC figures, possibly have had them taken before SDCC in an environment that was suitable (i keep thinking of the Toyfare ads, though they could possibly have gotten away with not using the background effect) and then they could've been posted on Matty when they revealed the figures on Friday or whenever it suited. Proper photos of figures, taken from different angles for example, when revealed could've gone a long way. There's definitely room for improvement but Mattel need to change details such as this in my opinion.

2). I also feel they could've done a better job displaying their SDCC MOTUC reveals. It didn't look very professional, in fact it was very amateurish with some figures falling over, or in Rattlor's case, being completely removed altogether. Regarding their MOTUC display, they actually did a great job displaying figures that we already have with the Heroic Warriors v The Horde v Evil Warriors set-up but they needed to apply something similar that was a bit more visually enticing. Again, it should have been set-up before SDCC so when they revealed the new figures, they could easily 'draw back the curtain' or 'remove the sheets' so to speak and could've shown a line-up with more of a 'wow-factor'.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing i guess...

But having said all that, and hopefully without sounding like a hypocrite, i can honestly say there's not one figure that i'm not looking forward to receiving. I've been guilty in the past of judging too soon by looking at pictures on the net, but they really don't do figures the justice when i've gotten them in hand. Unfortunately, i also feel it's a common mistake that some make and in some cases judgement is made by forgetting that a number of figures shown are prototypes.

I hope to get all the figures for 2013 and hopefully continue in 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Been a while since i've posted here...

Well, i'm in for two subs w/ fast shipping next year.
    I also went with this two sub option plus faster shipping.

Anyone know what the expected delivery time-frames are for DHL to Australia. My past subscription has been the flat rate International option 4-6 week time-frame. I guess DHL will be about 14 days?

Spikor arrived yesterday, thankfully no lazy eyes on him

Quote Originally Posted by Oz cap He-Fan View Post
    Spikor arrived yesterday, thankfully no lazy eyes on him
    Mine arrived on Thursday, also no lazy eye.

All my Spikors have arrived and all have good eyes. However, a few of them have a bent long Trident because the short one is squashed against it.

Other than that, it is an awesome figure.

Yeah, my long trident was bent like that as well. Dunked it in boiling water for a couple of seconds, and now it's fine.

***?! I just purchased a Sir Laser Lot.

$72.55 for the fast freight for 1 figure!!!

I went for the slow option obviously.

Edit: It's cool to type taken for the ass but not ***?

What? I ordered the sub and the DC sub and they quoted like $32 for the quicker shipping.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    My space suite and military Vykron turned up yesterday, not bad.

Also a special shoutout to Zedbill, i bought some items from him and got them today, he used plenty of packaging which was really good, im stocked i finally got the Bizarro/faker 2pk, the last one to complete my DC/MOTU 2pks. Also im really digging the busts, never thought i would. Thanks again.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!