Page 4 of 292 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Australians out there

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyheman
    Hey my Beastman is on a merman card too ,maybe its an all over stuff up
    maybe that was the mistake that Val mentioned on the front page??????
    Last edited by He-Boy; August 23, 2004 at 03:29am.

Newsman Dan's update:

I called Mattel today and was advised that Evil Lyn was not included in this current release (contrary to what they initially advised) and that "Evil Lyn will not be released in Australia!!!" The woman I spoke to said the second comment with such certainty that I believe that she was speaking from official advice - unfortunately.

I asked what was next planned for Australia and was told that we would not know until NEXT YEAR!!! The rep did not put me on hold to check this (as she had done with my other questions), so let's hope that she just said that out of laziness.

For those who are after the figures, I was advised that they are being sold to K-Mart, Toy kingdom and Toyworld only. I called a few Toyworlds and Toy Kingdoms out of curiosity (to see if any of them had anything) and NONE of them had anything. One store said they plan to get some in whenever they get the chance (I don't think Mattel have even advised them that they are available). In total, this means that only one store (K-Mart Southland) that I know of in Victoria is selling this new wave of MoTU.

This is not necessarily bad news though. We were advised by Mattel AU that the figs were due for release in september, so maybe Southland just got in early.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy
    Newsman Dan's update:

I called Mattel today and was advised that Evil Lyn was not included in this current release (contrary to what they initially advised) and that "Evil Lyn will not be released in Australia!!!" The woman I spoke to said the second comment with such certainty that I believe that she was speaking from official advice - unfortunately.

I asked what was next planned for Australia and was told that we would not know until NEXT YEAR!!! The rep did not put me on hold to check this (as she had done with my other questions), so let's hope that she just said that out of laziness.

For those who are after the figures, I was advised that they are being sold to K-Mart, Toy kingdom and Toyworld only. I called a few Toyworlds and Toy Kingdoms out of curiosity (to see if any of them had anything) and NONE of them had anything. One store said they plan to get some in whenever they get the chance (I don't think Mattel have even advised them that they are available). In total, this means that only one store (K-Mart Southland) that I know of in Victoria is selling this new wave of MoTU.

This is not necessarily bad news though. We were advised by Mattel AU that the figs were due for release in september, so maybe Southland just got in early.
    Hey cheers and thanks for the update keep them coming!!
    What number are you calling Mattel on by the way?
    It makes sense because I've emailed TRU and they havnt responded yet. Hopefully their calling Mattel and getting the line sorted for them as well.
    Last edited by Viceroy; August 24, 2004 at 03:32am.

ahh, I have a secret contact at Mattel. Just joking, I called the 1300 number.

ahh, I have a secret contact at Mattel. Just joking, I called the 1300 number.
    Geez quick reply thanks...what is that 1300 number because i've tried to find it online but without any luck!

The melbourne office number 1300 135 312. Their customer service is very small - only a few people - so don't be surprised if you get the same person.

To any of you guys ordering mossman -
    Is your order status still 'pending'? Or has it turned green?
    Im confused why I am pending if I paid buy credit card - unless its cause shipping to aus still has to be finalised?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankos
    To any of you guys ordering mossman -
    Is your order status still 'pending'? Or has it turned green?
    Im confused why I am pending if I paid buy credit card - unless its cause shipping to aus still has to be finalised?
    Okay when it's pending the He-Store has noted your order. Thats in Red.
    When it's approved it's in green and it includes shipping charges and your Visa/Mastercard has been debited. Remember it's in U.S dollars.

Hope that helps!!

One other thing - It's takes around 24-48 hours to be approved - well it did for me.

The melbourne office number 1300 135 312. Their customer service is very small - only a few people - so don't be surprised if you get the same person.

Cheers for that I'll try and call them.

Snake Buster

Figure Frenzy.

Hi fellow Aussies!

As soon as I heard the news that Kmart were selling new figures on saturday morning, I rushed off to Kmart Hornsby to check it out. I was in luck! I picked up six of the figures with a 20% discount. I was a very happy man. Orko's great. He looks fantastic in red, but I'm not too sure about the green scarf. His accessory is pretty neat - a bit of fun for the desktop. Cyclone looks fantastic in that deep red. I reckon he looks much more stylish than his original colours. The gold trimmings just really set him off, especially in that large halo. Buzz off is a great figure. Always wanted him as a kid, but never got him. Trap Jaw looks amazing in this colour scheme. Much better than the circus freak look he's usually burdened with. Some people are saying he's bright green, but he is actually a subdued olive colour. Very creepy and sinister. Man E Faces is the only repaint that doesn't look quite right. The fluro green doesn't work, and he looks lke he's had an accident with a bottle of spray on tan.

I wasn't going to bother with the Heman and Skeletor varients, but I broke down on Tuesday and picked them up. I'm glad I did. Snake Crush Skeletor is just awesome and incredibly dangerous looking. One vicious fellow. The Ice Armor Skeletor is every bit as good as everyones been saying. One classy number. The Ice armor Heman compliments him well. Just not sure how I'm supposed to fit his shield on. His arms are too muscley for the straps. Stealth Armor Heman is pretty cool too, although a man dressed in a skin tight bodysuit, probably wouldn't look too good in real life.

Today was pay day and a got the two mecha cats. Pretty cool and suitablely vicious. I just love those steel jaw arrangements. I'm an art teacher, so I think I'm going to put these on my oddity shelf in the room. They would look suitable freakish in a still life arrangement, especially after the science department ran off with our plastic skull.

I'm just so stoked that we a getting such a reasonable assortment of figures. Its been a long wait since Wave 1 last year. I just hope they release some of the other snake figures - hopefully another assortment by the end of the year. Or is that just asking too much? Its a real pain that we won't be getting Evil Lynn. I was all set to hunt her down. I dunno, I've got this horrible sinking feeling that this will pretty much be the last assortment ever and this is all we are going to get. Please somebody prove me wrong!

Heres hoping for a Mastery Christmas season down here in Australia!!!

Welcome Snake Buster!
    Another Sydney sider! Great to see!

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy
    Okay when it's pending the He-Store has noted your order. Thats in Red.
    When it's approved it's in green and it includes shipping charges and your Visa/Mastercard has been debited. Remember it's in U.S dollars.

Hope that helps!!

One other thing - It's takes around 24-48 hours to be approved - well it did for me.
    Yeah I get that, but I ordered on day one of his availability and I am still pending?!?!

Yeah I get that, but I ordered on day one of his availability and I am still pending?!?!
    Okay suggest you email them then. I can't explain that. I just ordered my 2nd one and it worked fine.

Welcome!

Yes welcome Snake Buster and well done on your find!

Okay suggest you email them then. I can't explain that. I just ordered my 2nd one and it worked fine.
    I tried that and they just sent me the FAQ

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    I went to Kmart yesterday (25/8) and I saw the figs. Very impressed with what I saw. I got Orko now all I need is Evil Lyn and Teela. Went to Toy world and they had Greyskull. The price is 79.99.
    Sorceress
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress
    I went to Kmart yesterday (25/8) and I saw the figs. Very impressed with what I saw. I got Orko now all I need is Evil Lyn and Teela. Went to Toy world and they had Greyskull. The price is 79.99.
    Sorceress
    Which version???
    Where did they get that I wonder!

I tried that and they just sent me the FAQ

You can contact us by:
    email: store@mvcreations.com

That was right down the bottom of the FAQ.
    Cheers

You can contact us by:
    email: store@mvcreations.com

That was right down the bottom of the FAQ.
    Cheers
    Yeah I emailed them and they sent me the FAQ.
    Anyway problem has been fixed

Yeah I emailed them and they sent me the FAQ.
    Anyway problem has been fixed
    Good to hear...now I'm curious what was the problem?

My order wasn't processed for some reason (I think it was cause they were going to combine it with she-ra back when they thought shipping for 2 may come out cheaper.) anyway they have now processed it.

killjoy

got a s@#t load of figs

Just went in Kmart in act and got heroic box and evil box 12 figs, two cats panthor and other, and greyskull all up $300 asking pays off i would have only got 4 figs when i saked i saw the cats when she came back i saw greyskull
    fat load of good i am at looking
    toy-world said "two weeks" from thur to get greyskull?

Court Magician
    was it a regular ver 2.0 greyskull ???

gtc
    Hi all,

I have been lurking but the new MOTU got me to post a reply.

Basically this is a plea for help.

Where in Sydney are the new figures available?

I am after Man-E, Buzz, Cyclone, Orko etc.

But I can only find the following:

KMART Broadway - Beast on Merman card plus mechabite battlecat

KMART Parramatta - Same plus ice armour heman on snake man card, plus minatures from the first wave.

KMART Bondi - two mecha battlecat plus two man at arms from the first wave.

Geoff.

killjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkvan
    was it a regular ver 2.0 greyskull ???
    dont know what you mean about ver2? but its got 20 light and sound fx #B3224
    i got mer-man aka beast man too i though it was a run error.
    Last edited by killjoy; August 27, 2004 at 01:17am.