Page 43 of 293 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 7303

Thread: Australians out there

Quote Originally Posted by Ram-Man
    Hey there thought i better drop in here and say G'day to all the locals not that im that new here but it's about time i found this thread
    Hey Ram-Man welcome to the boards.

Hey have you guys checked out Casefresh as late. I note you can pre-order wave 2 and 3 of the stactions. Also if you pick up all three in a wave at once you pay only $120 as opposed to $135.

WHAT A GUY

French, German and Italian Sightings

Hallo All,

I recently was on holiday in Europe and kept an eye out for He-man. I dont know if any of you are interested but here goes.

France - I could not find any traces of He-man any where in France, I dont even know if it was released there.

Germany - I was only in Munich but i found a few vehicles / play sets but no figures. What i found was both of the Mecha cats ( 20 euro), Spit Bulls ( 30 euro ), Dragon Walkers ( both types 35 euro), Slime pits ( 20 euro ), Castle Grayskulls and a snake Armour Power Blade ( 35 euro ).

Italy - In Rome i found red card figures but only heaps of MEKANECK and BUZZ-OFF and a couple of SY-KLONE and one badly damage Samurai Skeletor all for 11.40 euro. There was also Castle Grayskulls for 23 euro, Battle Stations and Slime pits for 20 euro each.

In Florence i found 3 MEKANECKs for 15 euro each and that was all.

So overall not too bad i thought, considering how long the line has been dead.

The toys i did buy were a clear Fantasic Four Power Blast Invisible Woman ( which is meant to be chase? ) at Heathrow Airport a Frech copy of V for Vendetta Graphic Novel, a 'Crab with the Golden Claws' Tintin Mug and finally a Majorette Venom car.

What a Guy
    Last edited by WHAT A GUY; October 5, 2005 at 08:09pm.

was it snakemen packaged grayskull

WHAT A GUY
    Quote Originally Posted by the power of 3
    was it snakemen packaged grayskull
    No none of them were.

WHAT A GUY
    My brother checked out Toy Kingdon Double Bay in Sydney, but they did not have anything.

Hey guys I note that ezydvd.com has now listed Season 1 Collection 1 for pre-order. http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/783705

Ram-Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy
    Hey guys I note that ezydvd.com has now listed Season 1 Collection 1 for pre-order. http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/783705
    Whoo hooo Order placed can't wait to watch these babys back to back

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy
    Oz-Scott, I saw Showgirl friday night. It is pretty impressive. Some dodgy song choices, but some of the classics are AMAZING. I won't say anymore, so as to not ruin anything (in case you haven't read up on it).
    I watched it as well! The songs were pretty great! So many nods to the long time fans! The one thing that I was scratching my head about were the costumes! Some were just horrible!
    Can't wait till she brings the show back!

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott
    I watched it as well! The songs were pretty great! So many nods to the long time fans! The one thing that I was scratching my head about were the costumes! Some were just horrible!
    Can't wait till she brings the show back!

Scott
    Cool. Where/how have you seen it? The dvd must be doing the rounds. I loved the show, except for the opening and closing, they seemed a bit bland. 'In denial' was a bad/boring song choice, and I wish they swapped 'Locomotion' for 'Got to be certain' (I think we've heard 'loco' enough now).

Back onto MoTU, I did something the other night that I wasn't sure I still had in me - I was looking at my figures and before I knew it a battle was underway (oh gawd, I feel like a geek for admitting that). I always wondered whether I had the ability to 'play' with my toys being whisker away from a 30yo, but now I know I do!!??

Just wondering, who here (in oz) has the Roger Sweet book?
    Last edited by He-Boy; October 15, 2005 at 09:40pm.

Cool. Where/how have you seen it? The dvd must be doing the rounds. I loved the show, except for the opening and closing, they seemed a bit bland. 'In denial' was a bad/boring song choice, and I wish they swapped 'Locomotion' for 'Got to be certain' (I think we've heard 'loco' enough now).
    I downloaded it throught eMule. I would like to see Hand on your Heart gone. That song seems overperformed to me...

Just wondering, who here (in oz) has the Roger Sweet book?
    Not yet, though I haven't really been looking for it.

Scott

You can't get it in stores here (it doesn't have a local distibutor or publisher or whatever). You can import it through local bookshops though (cost me $40AUD).

It is a pretty badly written book - expect to be disappointed (and frustrated), but it is prolly worth getting. In between the authors ramblings over his personal life issues, he occasionally mentions he-man...

You can't get it in stores here (it doesn't have a local distibutor or publisher or whatever). You can import it through local bookshops though (cost me $40AUD).

It is a pretty badly written book - expect to be disappointed (and frustrated), but it is prolly worth getting. In between the authors ramblings over his personal life issues, he occasionally mentions he-man...
    Yeah, that's kinda what I expected. I read an interview with him in ToyFare and he came across as a huge whinger, so I didn't bother with it any further.
    It's a real shame...

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott
    Yeah, that's kinda what I expected. I read an interview with him in ToyFare and he came across as a huge whinger, so I didn't bother with it any further.
    It's a real shame...

Scott
    Thanks for that guys as this just confirms that I wont be buying the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy
    Thanks for that guys as this just confirms that I wont be buying the book.
    Y'know, thinking back over the book, am trying to recall if there is/was any cool information or whatever to make the purchase worthwhile, but I'm drawing a blank.

I would still reccommend reading it if you get the chance, because there are bits and pieces here and there that give insight into the workings behind 'vintage' motu. Unfortunately, there is lots of whinging, and there are LOTS of non-MoTU ramblings. A pity really, because I can see potential in the book.

Roger would have been better getting comeone who wasn't related to write the book, that way, they could have weeded out all the whinging, and repeated comments (and believe me, they are REPEATED), and maybe they could have corrected some of his mistakes.

The funny thing, although he continually bags Mattel, all he has succeeded in doing is improving my opinion on them. (for example, he hated the idea of Prince Adam and Cringer and the whole transformation thing. Now, to me, that was one of THE coolest aspects of MoTU).

Has anyone been watching the 80s episodes on Cartoon Network? (is that a dumb question?) I have, and I have to say I was disappointed in seeing Clawful the other night. He was a bit of a nothing - I MUCH prefer the MYP version. I am surprised ay how little airtime most of the secondary characters got on the 80s cartoon. Maybe there's more in season two. I haven't seen most of these episodes since I was a kid.

I'm looking forwrad to She-Ra on October 31.
    Last edited by He-Boy; October 16, 2005 at 02:37am.

Y'know, thinking back over the book, am trying to recall if there is/was any cool information or whatever to make the purchase worthwhile, but I'm drawing a blank.

I would still reccommend reading it if you get the chance, because there are bits and pieces here and there that give insight into the workings behind 'vintage' motu. Unfortunately, there is lots of whinging, and there are LOTS of non-MoTU ramblings. A pity really, because I can see potential in the book.

Roger would have been better getting comeone who wasn't related to write the book, that way, they could have weeded out all the whinging, and repeated comments (and believe me, they are REPEATED), and maybe they could have corrected some of his mistakes.

The funny thing, although he continually bags Mattel, all he has succeeded in doing is improving my opinion on them. (for example, he hated the idea of Prince Adam and Cringer and the whole transformation thing. Now, to me, that was one of THE coolest aspects of MoTU).

Has anyone been watching the 80s episodes on Cartoon Network? (is that a dumb question?) I have, and I have to say I was disappointed in seeing Clawful the other night. He was a bit of a nothing - I MUCH prefer the MYP version. I am surprised ay how little airtime most of the secondary characters got on the 80s cartoon. Maybe there's more in season two. I haven't seen most of these episodes since I was a kid.

I'm looking forwrad to She-Ra on October 31.
    He-Boy thanks for your post it was a good read. I'll keep an eye out for it in the book stores and ebay etc, etc.

The original motu cartoon on CN is on at 1:00am for me I'm prepared to wait it out and buy the dvd's. However in saying that I'll be recording She-Ra.

Has anyone noticed that before 80s MoTU starts on Cartoon Network, they have a "coming up next - He-Man" advert (or whatever those things are called) and they show the MYP He-Man, not Filmation???!!!

hi guys need some help identifying some weapons from the vintage line,
    and who they go with:
    blue gun exact same as webstors orange gun, so not sure if it goes with him or not.
    2 smaller type guns one red one blue.
    green staff, same as rattlor's im assuming king hiss maybe??
    small version of the grey power sword
    2 glow rings

thanks

hi guys need some help identifying some weapons from the vintage line,
    and who they go with:
    blue gun exact same as webstors orange gun, so not sure if it goes with him or not.
    2 smaller type guns one red one blue.
    green staff, same as rattlor's im assuming king hiss maybe??
    small version of the grey power sword
    2 glow rings

thanks
    The glow rings came with Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops.
    The Blue Webster gun came with some Webstors. Most had the orange gun, but a few came with blue...
    Without seeing a pic, I'm not sure about the others...

Scott.

PS - If you wanna sell one of those rings and the blue gun, I'll take 'em off your hands. Just name your price.

thanks for the reply Scott, the webstr gun i will keep, the rings i can sell, let me know if u want both, send me an email pc@pacific.net.au.
    im pretty sure on what the other weapons are have been matching them up, exept for that little grey sword.

Ram-Man
    thanks for the reply Scott, the webstr gun i will keep, the rings i can sell, let me know if u want both, send me an email pc@pacific.net.au.
    im pretty sure on what the other weapons are have been matching them up, exept for that little grey sword.

There is a great guide on this site it's not complete but still has a lot of stuff

cool thanks man, i will take a look i didnt realise there was that on here.

Emailed ya.

Scott

didnt come through Scott, mite have to try it again

i have a wonder bread he-man for sale if anyone wants it, it has one weapon and zodak armour.
    Last edited by the power of 3; October 24, 2005 at 10:54pm.

i have a wonder bread he-man for sale if anyone wants it, it has one weapon and zodak armour.
    PICK ME!!!

Let's talk...