Page 53 of 292 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 7291

Thread: Australians out there

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper
    Hey Viceroy, congrats on winning the auctions from dave, he has to know some people either from mattel or neca with the amount of stuff that he has and not only that but the numbering of busts etc, i think he had the first 5 hordak busts. I sent him an email saying that he has the best collection that ive ever seen (except for mine) He released a thread about the tri-klops statues about a month ago so lucky for me he has put one aside till the end of may for me as it is 3 pay weeks for me aswell. If you dont mine me asking do you have alot to collect still, my main items still to collect are keldor, heman comic con figure and skeletor statue.
    Hey lorde trooper well done on getting a Tri-Klops statue as well mate.

My collection is pretty well complete to my satisfaction. (I'm a moc collector by the way.) By that I mean I'm not into chase figures etc, etc. I don't have the comic-con He-man statue or figure. To be honest it doesn't worry me either... thats life. However I've been fortunate to have all the other exclusives. I really need to take some photo's to show you guys.

he man fan aus
    Hi, when s1v2 coming out???? i have forgotten the realese date

Quote Originally Posted by he man fan aus
    Hi, when s1v2 coming out???? i have forgotten the realese date

Must be soon, it was advertised in the latest JB-Hi-Fi cataloge as being currently available.

Hey Everyone,

I have heard that Season One, Volume Two is available from May, 17th.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Hemat
    Quote Originally Posted by galactus43
    Must be soon, it was advertised in the latest JB-Hi-Fi cataloge as being currently available.

JB's has it as availabe $65
    Last edited by Hemat; May 10, 2006 at 06:36pm.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    Sweet! So are you saying that if I were to go to JB's today it should be available?

Hemat
    go in and tell us... Ive only ever recieved my madman orders 1day early in the past
    even mad's show as pre-order 17/05/2006
    since we got a new shop out my way i just cant be bothered pre-ordering this time.

he man fan aus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemat
    JB's has it as out and availabe $65
    WHAT IS JB'S I DONT THINK I HAVE ONE IN MY AREA

Quote Originally Posted by he man fan aus
    WHAT IS JB'S I DONT THINK I HAVE ONE IN MY AREA
    JB Hi-Fi is a store that sells dvd's,cd's electronic gear etc......

Regards Jake
    SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah yes, my beloved yellow and black JB's. I bought every single season of Futurama from there for $29.95 per series box. I couldn't believe how cheap they were!

Got quite a few episodes of Monkey there too - although the quality is dubious.

Too bad none of them work here in Japan anymore. Damn PAL/NTSC/region coding!!! Why can't we all just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by discosupafly
    Got quite a few episodes of Monkey there too - although the quality is dubious.
    That was a great series. I remember reading somwhere that there were a few episodes that were not translated into english. Do you know if that was true?

Also I see your living in Japan does Monkey still have a cult following over there?

Hi Viceroy.

I've never ever seen any versions of Monkey whilst back in Oz that weren't dubbed over by the British production series (whose name I've forgotten for now). Mind you, now that I live here I've seen some episodes in the native tongue but they're rarely shown on TV here. That being said though, Monkey still has a very strong following in Japan. Just last night - I kid you not - Godaigo held a concert at Todai Temple in Nara. Errm.. Godaigo would be the band that sung the now famous theme songs, in-show tunes and ending credits. There was a fair bit of coverage on the classic series after that happened!

Moreover though, most people don't know this but the series has been remade for a "new era" and has just finished its first season. It was filmed, of all places, in Australia. Shingo Kattori - of pop band SMAP fame, plays the bleached-blonde lead as Monkey (Songoku) and the various other characters have been reworked - none for the better. Sandy (Sagojo) is now a half-arsed philosopher and part lecher, but most annoyingly he wears a wrap or hat over his "head plate" at all times, completely destroying any hopes of thinking of him as a kappa. Pigsy (Chohakkai) is now something of a "piglet" - incredibly shy and the most good-hearted of the lot. Very unfunny. Tripitaka (Sanzou Houshi) is annoying with none of the charm of Masako Natsume, etc etc etc.

The new series doesn't seem to have faired particularly well for all of these reasons and more, both on a critical basis and on a ratings basis. Masaki Sakai - the original Monkey, made a guest appearance in this season's final episode but it was so lacklustre. A real fizzer. It's such a pity because I went in TRYING to like this series so much, only to be shot down in flames every time I turned the TV on. Sigh...

At any rate, here's the official link to the new series:

Clicky.

And here's a pic to show you what you're not missing out on:

Hey discosupafly as anything you can't beat the original!

I remember watching Monkey as kid on the ABC of all places. If memory serves me right it was on around 5:30pm weekdays. It was the most violent show on tv for it's time. IMO

I would of loved to see Godaigo play live... why not, hopefully they would of pumped out all of the Monkey tunes. Did they by any chance release a soundtrack to Monkey?

Out of curiosity did Masaki Sakai play his character Monkey in the final episode of the new series?

Hello again, my Australasian contingent! In answer to those questions:

Yep, Godaigo belted out mostly the Monkey songs at that concert as that's what made them famous in Japan in the first place.

Masaki didn't play Monkey/Songoku in the new series' final episode. Despite that being what everybody wanted, or at least as the new Monkey's "father" or some other reason to wear the red and yellow threads again, but the execs chose not to go with that. Sigh... Instead, Masaki took the role of ... (drumroll)

... Buddha.

But once again, not the cool "man-lady chick up the the clouds" type but disguised as a humble pauper. As I said in my previous post, a total fizzer. Seriously, what a frikkin' let-down.

And finally, the Monkey soundtrack is available! Here's a link to the CD you'd need to look for. It's the fourth one down the page with a light blue upper area. All the songs are in English too for your enjoyment.

Monkey CD

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    I wanna get the Monkey dvd boxset that's out but I had no luck finding it when I was in Melbourne yesterday. Loved watching it on TV when I was a kid. Ive heard of the new Monkey series, I hope that SBS screen it or something.

"The Nature of Monkey was Irrespressible!"

Cheers!
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Cheers thanks for that!!

Hemat
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress
    I wanna get the Monkey dvd boxset that's out but I had no luck finding it when I was in Melbourne yesterday. Loved watching it on TV when I was a kid. Ive heard of the new Monkey series, I hope that SBS screen it or something.

"The Nature of Monkey was Irrespressible!"

Cheers!
    yeah id like to get the monkey boxset too

Quote Originally Posted by Alex The Kid
    Sweet! So are you saying that if I were to go to JB's today it should be available?
    I picked up mine today.
    I love the detail of the box art etc. Not to mention the exclusive aussie art card! Sweet!

Scott.

PS - Any of you Sydney siders going to the Parramatta Collectables Fair on Sunday??
    Last edited by Oz-Scott; May 18, 2006 at 07:51am.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar

Toy Fair

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott
    I picked up mine today.
    I love the detail of the box art etc. Not to mention the exclusive aussie art card! Sweet!

Scott.

PS - Any of you Sydney siders going to the Parramatta Collectables Fair on Sunday??

Hey Oz-Scott, will be giving the parramatta toy fair a miss. I went in feb and their was only classic motu, even then there still wasnt a great deal of motu.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott
    I picked up mine today.
    Hey how much is JB selling it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy
    Hey how much is JB selling it for?
    $64.95

Scott

Thats a very good price. What can I say... JB you've done it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy
    Thats a very good price. What can I say... JB you've done it again!
    I will be waiting for Big W to get them. I got Volume 1 from there for $49.95.

Hemat
    Quote Originally Posted by galactus43
    I will be waiting for Big W to get them. I got Volume 1 from there for $49.95.
    snap me too, i just got to go down there but im a little dry on funds.

Hi guys, I just got back from the Parra Collectables Fair. They had a bit of overpriced vintage stuff, 200X Chase Mekanek w/video and a 200X Mer-Man w/video. All stuff I already have...

Scott.