Page 90 of 292 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 7291

Thread: Australians out there

Widget
    Hey all,

Been a while since I visited these forums and so on, so I'm a bit out of the loop, but does anyone know if the MYP cartoon is getting a local release on DVD? Or is it a case of those Australians who are interested have to import a copy from the US? If so, anyone know if it is region free?

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron View Post
    Hey all,

Been a while since I visited these forums and so on, so I'm a bit out of the loop, but does anyone know if the MYP cartoon is getting a local release on DVD? Or is it a case of those Australians who are interested have to import a copy from the US? If so, anyone know if it is region free?
    Hi, you have to import them i imported mine from the states, season 1 and 2 were cheap, we are region 4 but the DVDs i got from the states are region 1. Most DVD players these days will play any region as long as you put in a code, my brother in law did it for me, he got it off the net.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    Cool, mate, just drop me a line closer to the release. Glad to help!
    Oops forgot about getting in touch with you and I went to buy one when I got home from work and surprise, surprise. Sold out. How did you all go getting the figures?

Missed out on Mer-Man twice.

The new line is getting to be pretty hard going for me, to be honest.

I've got a couple coming from Ebay, assuming I don't get scammed again.

I have a spare carded He-Man, Beast-Man or Skeletor for any one that gets a Mer-Man, who wants to trade one-for-one.

PM me if interested.

P.S None of those "stolen from factory" ones please

Stolen from factory? What is that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Stolen from factory? What is that all about?
    Test Shots, ones with 37 written in texta on their chest and missing armour, that sort thing. I'm sure there is i thread or 2 somewhere about them but the Ebay type threads get edited pretty heavily, pretty quickly so I can't give a whole heap of info. I believe it was even addressed by Toyguru in one of the WFWTK's

Found it : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169717
    Last edited by claw guy 3; April 30, 2009 at 12:01am.

I got up at 4am and they were sold out!
    What an ***** joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    What an ***** joke!
    Why they don't make more is beyond me!

What an ***** joke!
    Yeah, pretty frustrating. I didn't hold any hope of them being available

Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
    Why they don't make more is beyond me!
    I think they are being stingey but thats the nature of retail, I guess. They are making good money on these figures by cutting out the retailer. Mattel will be happy about the quick easy money they are making. They've sold all they're stock really quickly, which is what they (shood) want. It's just a shame that there doesn't seem to be anywhere near enough of the figures to go around. Mattel won't care if individuals miss out, which is fine for them now but what happens in 6 months when large numbers of fans stop bothering to buy the line because we can't get figures?

Answer: The line flops and Mattel put it down as a lack of fan support.

Very frustrating. If I have to pay $100 or so for every figure, I cant keep buying them. The worst part is that most of that $100 isn't even going to Mattel!

I think that once Beast Man and He-Man sold out the scalpers started to realize the line was hot, so they got in on the action! ph@ckers! Also, I see photos in other threads of people with like 5 or 6 (or more) of the same character! Why?!?
    So, between the scalpers and the greedy fans, the rest of us don’t stand a chance.
    *sigh*

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Hi, you have to import them i imported mine from the states, season 1 and 2 were cheap, we are region 4 but the DVDs i got from the states are region 1. Most DVD players these days will play any region as long as you put in a code, my brother in law did it for me, he got it off the net.
    Thanks for the help! Guess I'll look into getting them off Amazon. Shame about no local release though after all the other He-Man DVDs that got released locally.

I think that once Beast Man and He-Man sold out the scalpers started to realize the line was hot, so they got in on the action! ph@ckers! Also, I see photos in other threads of people with like 5 or 6 (or more) of the same character! Why?!?
    So, between the scalpers and the greedy fans, the rest of us don’t stand a chance.
    *sigh*
    Selling out in under an hour again is ridiculous. I resorted to ebay after the first wave sold out and got two Mer-Man's from ebay for $32US each. I figured they would sell out again so I got in before the prices went up.
    The seller charged me $10US shipping for two Mer-Man's as he had a deal for shipping, free for the US and discounted for rest of the world.
    They arrived in less than a week.

Edit: I posted this quickly this morning... I also hope that all the Aussies that want one are able to get a Mer-Man. I saw that a few of you got up at 3am and ordered online and still had problems with the Matty site. Looks like I'll be getting up at 3am for Zodac, I see that a few members on here don't think much of him but he was one of my favorites as a kid.
    Last edited by Gimporama; May 1, 2009 at 10:28pm.

Those photos make me want to start buying MOTUC. I don't have any yet. Maybe it's too late. Mind you though, eBay seems to be just as cheap if you time it right.

(have to edit this post to avoid a double post...)

Does anyone know what time (Aus time) the next MOTUC goes on sale?
    Last edited by He-Boy; May 11, 2009 at 08:57pm.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Those photos make me want to start buying MOTUC. I don't have any yet. Maybe it's too late. Mind you though, eBay seems to be just as cheap if you time it right.

(have to edit this post to avoid a double post...)

Does anyone know what time (Aus time) the next MOTUC goes on sale?

Hello Daniel,

Adelaide time is 1:30 AM Saturday morning and 2:00 AM Saturday morning Eastern Standard Time. I hope that helps.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
    Hello Daniel,

Adelaide time is 1:30 AM Saturday morning and 2:00 AM Saturday morning Eastern Standard Time. I hope that helps.

Take Care,
    Darren
    My thanks as well for that Darren, I was sure it was 03:00. I could have missed out!

David

Hello David,

No problem. Glad I could help. Hopefully, the fact that it is early hours Saturday morning (our time) and less of us will have work will help us all to get the order through. I love your pics by the way.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Great photos Gimporama

Yeah, I can't wait for Zodac either!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Howdy Gang, well here we go again, Im trying for 4 Zodacs, So if I get em I ll post in here. also maybe we should all log in here before he gos on sale? for moral support!lol
    Cheers AJ

Howdy Gang, well here we go again, Im trying for 4 Zodacs, So if I get em I ll post in here. also maybe we should all log in here before he gos on sale? for moral support!lol
    Cheers AJ
    I just want two! I'll see how well my brain works at 2am and if I can handle logging in here and and at Matty

I'll be logging on to try my luck too!

Howdy! anyone else in here For Zodac?

Howdy! anyone else in here For Zodac?
    Hey AJ, I'm here!

Edit: Hey AJ I saw you got your order in. Mine finally went through at about 10 past 2. Well I'm back off to bed, I have a big day ahead of me.

Good luck to everyone else!
    Last edited by Gimporama; May 15, 2009 at 12:15pm.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Hey Guys, i noticed that you guys got your zodacs, i got my 2. Now to drink my Mother and go and set up the garage sale. No sleep for me.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I got up @ 3 and ordered mine.

It's now 12midday and they are still available...

Good luck with your garage sale LT!

hi guys , Yep I got mine! whoo hoo! now its a matter of the fun month wait, not for Hordak, but for Zodac to arrive! lol, oh well at least hes on his way!!