Page 91 of 292 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 7291

Thread: Australians out there

  1. #2251
    Grayskull Warrior Oz-Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,768
    Did you get the cheaper post AJ?

  2. #2252
    For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie, Australia
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    I got up @ 3 and ordered mine.

    It's now 12midday and they are still available...

    Good luck with your garage sale LT!
    Hi Oz-Scott, just so you know for hordak its 2am in Australia that the figures go on sale, it use to be 3am due to daylight saving, i would hate for you to get up at 3 and miss out on hordak, i think he will go pretty quick.

    Garage sale went well, made $703.50, not a bad days work.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

  3. #2253
    MASTER AQUARIST! Yoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    354
    Hey Guys I got 2 Zodacs! Woohoo...

    Anyhow I was wondering if anyone would be interested in Trading me a mer-man for a a Zodac (I know its a loong shot but maybe someone here has a spare.)
    Last edited by Yoko; May 16, 2009 at 04:17am.

  4. #2254
    For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie, Australia
    Posts
    2,569
    Anyone got mer-man yet on the slow shipping.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

  5. #2255
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Did you get the cheaper post AJ?
    Yep, I couldnt spring for $55us, fun month ahead! sigh

  6. #2256
    The third claw guy claw guy 3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Island, Australia
    Posts
    1,415
    Ordered Zodac. It's nice to be able to order a figure for a change

    Is it my imagination or has the faster freight gone up???

    2 Zodac's US$9.95 slow
    or
    2 Zodacs US$50 fast

    I'm sure it wasn't that expensive last time.
    Am I going crazy or what?

  7. #2257
    Evil Robotic Gimp Gimporama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Upper Coomera, Queensland
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    Ordered Zodac. It's nice to be able to order a figure for a change

    Is it my imagination or has the faster freight gone up???

    2 Zodac's US$9.95 slow
    or
    2 Zodacs US$50 fast

    I'm sure it wasn't that expensive last time.
    Am I going crazy or what?
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm sick of getting the figure just before the next one goes on sale so I chose the fast shipping. But when I looked at the final invoice my first thought was that it had gone up.

  8. #2258
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    I just received my Mer man, posted regular from Tennesse arrived in 8 working days, and the postage was cheap, how the hell do Matty post these things? they shouldnt take a month!
    That being said I got my confirmation today so Zodac is on his way, I got 2 extra, so if anyone needs one let me know.
    Cheers A
    (ps Im thinking about not posting in the other forums anymore, so if I vanish Ill keep in touch in here, or just PM me. Cheers A)

  9. #2259
    Evil Robotic Gimp Gimporama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Upper Coomera, Queensland
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    I just received my Mer man, posted regular from Tennesse arrived in 8 working days, and the postage was cheap, how the hell do Matty post these things? they shouldnt take a month!
    That being said I got my confirmation today so Zodac is on his way, I got 2 extra, so if anyone needs one let me know.
    Cheers A
    (ps Im thinking about not posting in the other forums anymore, so if I vanish Ill keep in touch in here, or just PM me. Cheers A)
    Don't vanish! yeah I haven't been posting much in the main forums either. I just don't feel the need to jump in and say how wonderful a figure looks anymore.

  10. #2260
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    43
    G'Day - I feel like a bit of an idjit for not noticing this thread before - nice to see some other Southern-Hemisphere-dwellers here. I was also wondering if anyone's received their mer-man via regular post. I traded with a US-based .orger for my Skeletor, and that took less than a week to arrive via surface mail, so I'm a little stunned at how long Mattel takes to get the Ocean Lord across the sea.

    That aside, I have to confess I'm pretty keen to have him - he was one of the first three figs I got as a kid (the other two being skeletor and he-man) and once they eventually re-release He-man I'll be able to get him too (rassum frassum online-only-but-that's-another-story).

    Cheers,
    Si

  11. #2261
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    Don't vanish! yeah I haven't been posting much in the main forums either. I just don't feel the need to jump in and say how wonderful a figure looks anymore.
    Ok Your on! Im lovin 99% of the forums, and have met some awesome people, but Am well and truly over gettin kicked by the Gestapo, lol, so I will check the other forums, then wander in here to chat!
    Am truly amazed by the Webstor leg issue goin on, its like 'Guys, chill and enjoy this awesome line, if you whinge any more and they take it away...dont dare whinge about that! sigh!'
    but other than that, Howdy Simon, my mer man arrived today and is Stunning! he has tied with faker as my fave figure! wanna take pics of all 6 of my figs, might do that tomoro arvo!
    cheers for now, Aj

  12. #2262
    Grayskull Warrior Oz-Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,768
    Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Hi Oz-Scott, just so you know for hordak its 2am in Australia that the figures go on sale, it use to be 3am due to daylight saving, i would hate for you to get up at 3 and miss out on hordak, i think he will go pretty quick.

    Garage sale went well, made $703.50, not a bad days work.
    Thanks for the time tip LT!

    And nice haul with the garage sale too!


    To all the Sydney based guys the Parramatta Collectables Fair is on this Sunday!

  13. #2263
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post

    To all the Sydney based guys the Parramatta Collectables Fair is on this Sunday!
    Oooh cool, I wish i was there, My cousin lives in parramatta...hmmm..wonder if I can con her into going for me? If i tell her there will be lots of single men there I have a chance!lol
    cheers AJ

  14. #2264
    For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie, Australia
    Posts
    2,569
    Hopefully Mer-man will be turning up this week.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

  15. #2265
    Evil Robotic Gimp Gimporama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Upper Coomera, Queensland
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Hopefully Mer-man will be turning up this week.
    Hopefully Zodac arrives today or tomorrow. I just checked the UPS tracking number and he's out for delivery!

  16. #2266
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    Hopefully Zodac arrives today or tomorrow. I just checked the UPS tracking number and he's out for delivery!
    Awesome! Be sure to give us an Aussie review!

  17. #2267
    For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie, Australia
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    Hopefully Zodac arrives today or tomorrow. I just checked the UPS tracking number and he's out for delivery!
    Good stuff, i wish i could get them that quick but the shipping rate is crazy, $9.95 U.S OR $50.55 U.S, unfortunatly as much as i want him here quicker thats my 2 figs difference for me.

    GOOD NEWS, Mer-man turned up, as i opened the box i thought of zodac straight away as i only ordered 2 of him and am worried about the condition of the cards, mer-man cards all in the top right hand corner were bent, one wasnt too bad so ive kept that one, he is mint other then that small crease.

    There was disscussion in another thread about paint apps and im not huge in that area but stratos and now mer-man have paint marks on them, eg mer-mans yellow shin guard has 4 seperate small paint marks from red to green and so on, so that is a little disappointing, some of the white has not been applied to the teeth properly. The one i opened though his teeth are perfect but the card was in the worse condition.

    One other point on my delivery box it has Auckland mail centre on it so maybe thats why its taking longer to get here as its not direct to Australia which sounds weird but thats whats on the box.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

  18. #2268
    Evil Robotic Gimp Gimporama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Upper Coomera, Queensland
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    Awesome! Be sure to give us an Aussie review!
    Well Zodac arrived today!
    Another great figure, I really like the small details, like the orange wash on his skin and body hair, the amunition on his vest and the top of his boots and toenails being a darker grey than the rest of the boots. His skin is lighter than He-Man and Grayskulls which is nice to see. The silver on his chestplate and end of his gun pops nicely in the light. I'm still impressed by the weight of these figures, only thing close that I've had in my collection was the SOTA Street Fighter figures for feeling like they're made of expensive stuff.

    The only downside is the grey on his belt is messy. Both figures I got had messy belts, however both cards were in really good condition with no dents.

    I don't care what others say, Zodac is just cool and I'm stoked to have him in my collection, who cares about that Hector guy next month

  19. #2269
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617

    New member

    Hello

    I have recently jumped on the MOTUC bandwagon after holding off for so long. I used to collect MOTU as a kid and then again during the 200x debacle

    I stayed away from this line because I wasn't quite sold on the figures but then I recently saw Hordak and all that has changed

    Now I am actively trying to chase up the earlier releases to catch up on this line. I have Faker on his way here now and a subscription for Webstor. The others aren't coming so easily

    Anyway, I am also from Australia so I thought I would make my first post here and say hello

  20. #2270
    Evil Robotic Gimp Gimporama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Upper Coomera, Queensland
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Hello

    I have recently jumped on the MOTUC bandwagon after holding off for so long. I used to collect MOTU as a kid and then again during the 200x debacle

    I stayed away from this line because I wasn't quite sold on the figures but then I recently saw Hordak and all that has changed

    Now I am actively trying to chase up the earlier releases to catch up on this line. I have Faker on his way here now and a subscription for Webstor. The others aren't coming so easily .

    Anyway, I am also from Australia so I thought I would make my first post here and say hello

    Hey Fallen,

    Welcome to the Aussie thread! Good luck getting the rest of the figures. I was sold when I saw the preview of He-Man last year, so I'm only missing statue Grayskull. If you ask nicely some of the other members here like AJ might be able to help catch you up.

  21. #2271
    Grayskull Warrior Oz-Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,768
    Welcome Fallen!

    Hope you enjoy your stay.

  22. #2272
    For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie, Australia
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    Hey Fallen,

    Welcome to the Aussie thread! Good luck getting the rest of the figures. I was sold when I saw the preview of He-Man last year, so I'm only missing statue Grayskull. If you ask nicely some of the other members here like AJ might be able to help catch you up.
    Ive just listed a Chase King Grayskull on ebay. I was trying to sell it to an orger first in the UK and she pulled out so i thought i would list and move it on the bay.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

  23. #2273
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    43
    Well, my Mer-Man finally arrived a few days ago, and on the whole I'm pretty happy with him, although he's got some fairly loose joints which make posing him in some ways rather difficult (one of the loosest joints is in his hips, so it's easy to stand him off-balance). I was a little surprised and disapointed that a figure could come with loose joints like that straight off of the card, but once I got the knack of standing him ok, I've been able to get him looking good on my shelf. Anyone else have this problem with the joints on their figs?

    Now, to try and get my hands on a he-man and beastman... got a kidney somewhere...

  24. #2274
    Evil Robotic Gimp Gimporama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Upper Coomera, Queensland
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonS View Post
    Well, my Mer-Man finally arrived a few days ago, and on the whole I'm pretty happy with him, although he's got some fairly loose joints which make posing him in some ways rather difficult (one of the loosest joints is in his hips, so it's easy to stand him off-balance). I was a little surprised and disapointed that a figure could come with loose joints like that straight off of the card, but once I got the knack of standing him ok, I've been able to get him looking good on my shelf. Anyone else have this problem with the joints on their figs?

    Now, to try and get my hands on a he-man and beastman... got a kidney somewhere...
    I had trouble with one of my two He-Mans. I had to use the super glue trick to stiffen up his joints. He stands great now though. And I think a lot of people had trouble with Beast Man. Mine's a little loose but not too bad.

  25. #2275
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Yeah My beast man is the worst, he stands up straight fine, but if I try the 'Hunched' pose -like the 8 backs- then he buckles at the knees. his knees are V loose! all the others are ok, not great but ok.
    Aj

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •