Thread: Official Masters of the Universe #5 (Vol.3) Talkback

Hybrid View

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar

Official Masters of the Universe #5 (Vol.3) Talkback

APR042783 MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE VOL 3 #5 $2.95
    This info. coming directly from Diamond Comics Shipping List! Great news!
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

It certainly does show it on the shipping list. Is this true? Additionally, could I pick up my copy from the MVC booth at WWC this weekend?
    Bill :: guitargod694

if the comic is shipping this week, when does it drop in the stores??

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98
    if the comic is shipping this week, when does it drop in the stores??

IF it does ship this week, it will be in stores today.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Man
    IF it does ship this week, it will be in stores today.
    Yes, but if the shipping date is today, as stated above, how will it hit the stores the same exact date??

I just picked up issue 5 on my lunch break, but didn't have time to read it. It shows a small thumbnail picture of the He-man.org exclusive cover, which I don't think we knew about before. It looks pretty cool and I can't wait to get it. I love surprises like this!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98
    Yes, but if the shipping date is today, as stated above, how will it hit the stores the same exact date??

I'm not a comic expert at all, but i'm pretty sure "shipping date" means the day stores can sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach
    I just picked up issue 5 ...
    See.

Official Masters of the Universe #5 (Vol.3) Talkback

Masters of the Universe #5 (of Volume 3) hit stores August 11, 2004.
    Spoilers below!

--

This issue took my breath away- literally! Firstly, seeing it the comic shop was both a shock and a relief. I haven't been paying too close attention, I guess I thought the comic was no more as of the last issue. So, when I saw The Faceless One gracing the cover of a new comic installation, I was psyched!
    This issue really rocked, and I'm not sure what MVC had originally planned for Volume 3, but I was satisfied with this Faceless One origin tale and the many revelations within.
    Of course there's a ton of questions, so I'll get to them!
    Who are the Council of Wisdom? Are they meant to be the same as the Council Of Elders? Or an off-shoot?
    I see one of them has She-Ra's emblem on his chest. Who is he?
    Did I see an Extendar-like character in the council? His legs seemed to be just like Extendars!
    Is that the Starchild from the Filmation show?!
    Is the blue-skinned woman one of Keldor's people?
    Is the Faceless One supposed to be ScareGlow, or am I being an idiot here? There seem to be similarities between the two.
    That IS meant to be He-Ro and Eldor, correct?
    I have to say, I will cry if the comic ends after Volume 3.
    You folks are doing such a great job! The colors are amazing in this issue and the art is superb as always. I can not wait to see how this all ends next issue.
    The back cover showing Skeletor reaching for an image of the Power Sword gave me chills! Very reminiscent of the "old days" when the whole plot of MOTU revolved around Skeletor trying to obtain the sword to get the secrets of Castle Grayskull
    Last edited by TheShadow; August 11, 2004 at 03:46pm.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Can't wait to get my hands on it now that I know its out there...I wasn't expecting it to be quite honest....

I probably won't get a chance to get it though for a while, tomorrow at the earliest, but even thats doubtful...

I loved the scene with the Council!! Having the room look like the entrance to the original Eternia play set was awsome!! The history given in this issue was great! I can't wait to get my hands on the next issue. It just makes me hope even harder that there will be some way for this comic to continue beyond the current Volume.

A He-Man.Org Exclusive Cover?

We've never heard of this... yet it's advertised on the inside of the cover. Is it going to be released, or was this cover nixed and too late to remove from the comic because it had already gone out to press?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74
    We've never heard of this... yet it's advertised on the inside of the cover. Is it going to be released, or was this cover nixed and too late to remove from the comic because it had already gone out to press?
    I would think Val is going to sell this exclusive. I can hope it will be available at WWC this weekend, but that would take away from the exclusivity of it.

Im so mad that I can't get the comic right now, but i despretly want to see some pics, so can anyone send me some. The comic book shop i go to is next to Pasadena City College, the college i go to, and the semester docen't start untill August 30th and i have no cash. That means no cash for the bus ride and No cash for the comic. So, if someone can send me some or just one pic that would be totatly cool. The one pic im interested in the most is that of the Wizard with She-Ra's Clothing(?), "He-Ra"?
    Last edited by samputar; August 15, 2004 at 02:33am.
    My Mother Always said: "Feelings are Like Treasures SO BURY THEM"

Varla Simmons, "Girls Will Be Girls"

Although there were continuity issues in this issue, I still liked it. I guess the comic story is departing a little from MYP's story, as some of you have noted. Finally, the Faceless One's past is explored and we see what makes him who he is in present day Eternia, especially regarding his reasons for not helping Skeletor and King Hiss. I thought the hooded guy was a young Keldor who may be working for Hordak. He mentioned something about who he answered to.

Heroic Doctor & Mad Man
    The thing that I am confused about is that Keldor met Evil-Lyn during a raid when they were about the same age. Also if Raldor is Keldor's brother, they must be pretty old.

P.S.

Val,

If the comic is going to end very soon, will we ever get the finally answer to two major questions since Masters Of the Universe has been around. Is Keldor, Randor's brother and who is Teela's father? These mysteries need to be addressed before the comic ends. It would make the perfect ending to this version.
    Last edited by Dr.Nick; August 16, 2004 at 09:49pm.
    Hi Everybody!

Heroic Warrior
    I think its safe to assume there is time travel involved for both Keldor and Evil-lyn at some point in her abducted life. Personally I don't care for the technique of taking a straightforward scene and adding an Ulterior-motive layer like in Price of Deciet and Keldor's now false introduction. That's not to say its a contradiction at all, merely a minor retcon.

http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml

I suspect King Hiss got his emmissary/mysterious ally a bit like that page above. A magical stranger with power promising to help out king hiss in his battle against the ancients. Basically the unmade (and now still going to be unmade) Powers of Grayskull He-ro/Keldor story.
    Last edited by Lucas Redux; August 16, 2004 at 10:44pm.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I have no doubt that Emilliano and Val were reading the MINI comics when they wrote this issue. I just hope that we get an explaination on the Council, how Keldor went back in time and delivered Evil-lyn in the present and met her again as a grown up.

Time travel gives me a headache.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase
    Time travel gives me a headache.

It is a very tricky thing to pull off!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    In 2004 and ALWAYS!!!!

I just got my copy of this issue and I have to admit that it was very well done. I always enjoy reading up on the history of characters we have taken a liking to.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe