Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns N' Roses Reunion Thread.

Guns N' Roses Reunion Thread.

Ladies and gentlemen, the fight is over!

Guns N Roses will do a reunion shows in Coachella shows with Axl (Lead Singer), Slash (Lead Guitar), Duff Mckagan (Bass), Frank Ferrer (Drum), Richard Fortus (Rhythm Guitar). No news yet for Dizzy and Pitman but probably joined the linups as for right now (Other than Axl) he's the longest GnR members more than the others.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...dium-las-vegas

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Last year McKagan briefly joined Guns N' Roses and replaced Tommy Stinson on bass. He played five shows during the group's South American tour. Stinson, however, joined Guns N' Roses in 1998 and is currently the group's 2nd bassist.

On 17 September Fortus suffered injuries from a motorcycle accident and had to miss his other group The Dead Daisies' Australian and New Zealand tour and was temporarily replaced by Dave Leslie of the Baby Animals.

Ferrer is the former drummer of The Dead Daisies.
    Last edited by Neophron; December 30, 2015 at 12:18pm.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    No Izzy?? No Sorum? Or even Adler? Not quite the reunion I wanted, but I guess I'll take it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Master of New Adventures!
    This thread brings back a flood of memories for me.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, when I lived in Los Angeles, I went to a concert in which Guns N' Roses opened for The Rolling Stones. At the time the buzz was that this was the unofficial changing of the guard in Rock, with Guns N' Roses to take over the throne.

Guns N' Roses put on a truly amazing set and everyone at the arena responded with ovations after each song. Afterwards there was a break. Finally The Stones came out of stage. Mick looked out at the audience, his gaze slowly panning as if he was making eye contact individually with every person in the venue. I can never remember before or after an entire audience being silent at a concert, but that's how it was in those moments. Truly eerie. After what seemed an eternity, Mick moved his hand slowly through the air, finally pointing back to the band behind him. There was another brief moment of silence and then the first eight notes of Satisfaction filled the air. The audience went insane. I've never seen anything like it. In the forty minutes that followed no one could even recall the name of the opening group. These were still, even after all those years, The Rolling Stones.

It was incredible.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; December 30, 2015 at 02:16pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    No Izzy?? No Sorum? Or even Adler? Not quite the reunion I wanted, but I guess I'll take it.
    I think Izzy would be there if he wanted to be. I imagine he'll show up for some select performances, but he seems to enjoy laying low for the most part. Adler, unfortunately, as likeable as he is, is probably considered a liability for a tour this massive due to his addiction history. But again, maybe some select performances for him. As for Sorum, I think Axl is comfortable with his current drummer Frank Ferrer and that may have been a compromise to make the reunion work.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    This thread brings back a flood of memories for me.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, when I lived in Los Angeles, I went to a concert in which Guns N' Roses opened for The Rolling Stones. At the time the buzz was that this was the unofficial changing of the guard in Rock, with Guns N' Roses to take over the throne.

Guns N' Roses put on a truly amazing set and everyone at the arena responded with ovations after each song. Afterwards there was a break. Finally The Stones came out of stage. Mick looked out at the audience, his gaze slowly panning as if he was making eye contact individually with every person in the venue. I can never remember before or after an entire audience being silent at a concert, but that's how it was in those moments. Truly eerie. After what seemed an eternity, Mick moved his hand slowly through the air, finally pointing back to the band behind him. There was another brief moment of silence and then the first eight notes of Satisfaction filled the air. The audience went insane. I've never seen anything like it. In the forty minutes that followed no one could even recall the name of the opening group. These were still, even after all those years, The Rolling Stones.

It was incredible.
    Good stuff. There's a lot of people who wish they could say they were at one of those shows.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Right. But most here aren't ancient, like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    I think Izzy would be there if he wanted to be. I imagine he'll show up for some select performances, but he seems to enjoy laying low for the most part. Adler, unfortunately, as likeable as he is, is probably considered a liability for a tour this massive due to his addiction history. But again, maybe some select performances for him. As for Sorum, I think Axl is comfortable with his current drummer Frank Ferrer and that may have been a compromise to make the reunion work.

Good stuff. There's a lot of people who wish they could say they were at one of those shows.

Coachella? No thanks. When I saw Faith No More in Brooklyn they were really happy with the crowds enthusiasm. Mike PAtton basically bashed the sipping wine crowd of Coachella. I'd imagine GNR would be even more upset. Can you imagine folks sipping wine to It's so Easy?

I really love Izzy and feel that the songs just lacked after he left. GNR definitely needs Izzy to write but as much as I'd like to see him there I don't think he's as much of a necessity to preform.

And yeah I was there Light! GNR at the now defunk Ritz in NYC. Got Appetite on tape in 7th grade. ALWAYS lamented not getting it in vinyl!

That's why I think that Axl Rose and Slash relationship are going to steal the spotlight. There's no one matter in the industry anymore except for Axl and Slash relationship, it's like watching a reality TV hoping for the best. I'm sure Axl and Slash want to die down the intense relationship that constantly on the headlines.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I remember that Axl told Christina that she was one of the greatest vocalists of our time backstage at the 2006 VMAs, and made everyone quiet down so he could hear her performance. Thought I would post that random memory.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    For me GnR is one of those "take it or leave it" groups that I like but I don't go out of my way to listen to. I see them the same way I see Twisted Sister, really. They're more a relic than a major group, having all but vanished after the early 90s with just throwaway albums and past fame. I'd give them more credit than a lot of washed-up 80s hair bands but not a whole lot more. Chinese Democracy was more or less a joke that happened just so the project could wrap up and the comparisons to Duke Nukem Forever are fair ones.

This reunion feels less "burying the hatchet" and mostly "our careers are almost dead and we're soon going to be collecting social security", it's a definite cash grab of old guys trying to relive the glory days the way the Pink Floyd "reunion" was handled. I've seen footage of some of Axl's recent performances, his singing has really suffered. Slash has at least maintained his talent, but have nay of the others really had much going for them in the eyes of the general public beyond "I was in GnR"? I don't mean the hardcore music fan, I mean the general public. Do many of them have notoriety beyond being in GnR at one point?

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    but have nay of the others really had much going for them in the eyes of the general public beyond "I was in GnR"?
    Nah, you're right, Slash for one is trying to get away from the GnR fame and controversy, since he's very humble and approachable. He also tired of journalist keep asking him for a GnR reunion. His brother went berserk due to heavy rumors after Slash made a statement "Me and Axl are in good terms now".

I'm not a person who are an optimistic person but I think Axl just want the money instead bonding with his ex members. Or maybe (an Optimistic opinion) He really wants to get back with the boys after that Las Vegas show that Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba left the group couple of month later.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Chinese Democracy was more or less a joke that happened just so the project could wrap up and the comparisons to Duke Nukem Forever are fair ones.
    Great album, seriously. I hope Slash & Duff learn at least a couple of those tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    I'm not a person who are an optimistic person but I think Axl just want the money instead bonding with his ex members. Or maybe (an Optimistic opinion) He really wants to get back with the boys after that Las Vegas show that Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba left the group couple of month later.
    I don't really think Axl needs the money. Of all the GNR members, he's the one who kept touring under the band name and playing the largest venues, so I imagine he's fine in that regard. And frankly he gets a bigger cut of the pie when he's playing with his own hand-picked players as opposed to guys like Slash and Duff, and without the hassle of having to play with someone who really got under his skin, for many years. He's had 20 years to get Slash back in the band if it was a money thing, so why now? I think the guy has just mellowed. You don't see on-stage meltdowns anymore, no more cancellations, he rarely rants, he doesn't even come on all that late anymore like he used to. So I think/hope this is slightly more organic than a simple cash grab. Axl's gonna be on Jimmy Kimmel on Tuesday, so I think we'll get a feel for where his head is at then.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    And yeah I was there Light! GNR at the now defunk Ritz in NYC. Got Appetite on tape in 7th grade. ALWAYS lamented not getting it in vinyl!
    GNR at the Ritz does have a certain ring to it...
    Just take my frozen hand

With a personal net worth of $150 million, Axl's doing pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    Great album, seriously. I hope Slash & Duff learn at least a couple of those tracks.

I don't really think Axl needs the money. Of all the GNR members, he's the one who kept touring under the band name and playing the largest venues, so I imagine he's fine in that regard. And frankly he gets a bigger cut of the pie when he's playing with his own hand-picked players as opposed to guys like Slash and Duff, and without the hassle of having to play with someone who really got under his skin, for many years. He's had 20 years to get Slash back in the band if it was a money thing, so why now? I think the guy has just mellowed. You don't see on-stage meltdowns anymore, no more cancellations, he rarely rants, he doesn't even come on all that late anymore like he used to. So I think/hope this is slightly more organic than a simple cash grab. Axl's gonna be on Jimmy Kimmel on Tuesday, so I think we'll get a feel for where his head is at then.

GNR at the Ritz does have a certain ring to it...

With a personal net worth of $150 million, Axl's doing pretty well.
    See, there ya go. Sounds like he's wisely invested those Spaghetti Incident royalties.
    Just take my frozen hand

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Light, you are completely right about Chinese Democracy, it's a very good album. Matter of fact, I think I'll listen to it right now
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Coachella? No thanks. When I saw Faith No More in Brooklyn they were really happy with the crowds enthusiasm. Mike PAtton basically bashed the sipping wine crowd of Coachella. I'd imagine GNR would be even more upset. Can you imagine folks sipping wine to It's so Easy?

I really love Izzy and feel that the songs just lacked after he left. GNR definitely needs Izzy to write but as much as I'd like to see him there I don't think he's as much of a necessity to preform.

Faith no More???? Wow, that's a name I hadn't heard of in years. I remember seeing them open up for Metallica at the Justice tour. FNM were at their prime back then. That was about 25 years ago. Wow, I feel old.

*Just checked my Ticket stub. (Yes I still have them, as well as my concert shirts that I can no longer fit in) and the date was back in 1989. Now I feel really old.
    Last edited by THE SEEKERS; January 1, 2016 at 11:38am.

As my daughter tell me, "You're not 'old'; you're just 'older'."

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEEKERS View Post
    Faith no More???? Wow, that's a name I hadn't heard of in years. I remember seeing them open up for Metallica at the Justice tour. FNM were at their prime back then. That was about 25 years ago. Wow, I feel old.

*Just checked my Ticket stub. (Yes I still have them, as well as my concert shirts that I can no longer fit in) and the date was back in 1989. Now I feel really old.

According to Ultimate Guitar news:
    Rock journalist Mitch Lafon is reporting that the lineup of reunited Guns N' Roses has been finalized.
    Here's the lineup for GnR 2016 according to Mitch Lafon.

Slash, Dave Kushner, and Duff McKagan from Velver Revolver (Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Bass). and Axl Rose, Dizzy and Pitman, Richard Fortus, and Frank Ferrer. (Lead Vocal, Both on Keyboards, Rhythm Guitar, and Drum).

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Frankly I'm so sick of hearing about this reunion already and it hasn't even happened yet. And without Izzy or Gilby on Rhythm Guitar and Sorum and/or Adler on drums I just don't really see the point either. If they're going to do, do it properly.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Slash, Duff, and Axl confirmed the news that they're going to perform in Coachella this year. It is strange that Axl allowed Slash to pick Kushner to play rhythm for the GnR Reunion band. I'm expecting VR songs in there with Chinese Democracy songs.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Kushner's kind of a strange decision, and I'm not sure I'll fully believe that one until it's confirmed by someone in the band (or the man himself). But who knows, could be happening. I have a feeling some of this stuff is still being worked out in the background.

BTW, looks like Axl won't be on Kimmel tonight.
    Just take my frozen hand

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/91978

Looks like Alice in Chains going to open for Guns N Roses reunion in Las Vegas, anyone in Las Vegas? Enjoy the show, two titans of the 90's are going to wreck LV to pieces.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I know saying this makes me sound like an old guy -- which I am -- but I kind of miss the days when there were a dozen or so phenomenally successful great groups and singers as opposed to nowadays when there are hundreds, if not thousands of groups and singers, many of which are so arcane that few people have ever heard of them let alone listened to them. And I get that it's quite possible that many of those groups and singers may also be truly great. But with the industry so crowded imo it's tough from someone to separate themselves from the pack and build a huge following. Maybe, upon reflection, huge following aren't that important. Maybe what's important is that everyone gets a certain kind of singer and group that they like even if few others like them. I guess that's the state of the industry -- kind of like television where's there are 836 separate cables channels featuring everything form meerkats to macrame. I'm not sure that's such a bad thing.

I know saying this makes me sound like an old guy -- which I am -- but I kind of miss the days when there were a dozen or so phenomenally successful great groups and singers as opposed to nowadays when there are hundreds, if not thousands of groups and singers, many of which are so arcane that few people have ever heard of them let alone listened to them. And I get that it's quite possible that many of those groups and singers may also be truly great. But with the industry so crowded imo it's tough from someone to separate themselves from the pack and build a huge following. Maybe, upon reflection, huge following aren't that important. Maybe what's important is that everyone gets a certain kind of singer and group that they like even if few others like them. I guess that's the state of the industry -- kind of like television where's there are 836 separate cables channels featuring everything form meerkats to macrame. I'm not sure that's such a bad thing.
    I Disagree, that would be bad for the musician. I mean if you get certain act based on popularity it's getting fad and trendy for the listeners. Just like how Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, One Direction got famous for.

There's a lot of talented people outside of the industry than some band in the industry. I mean Jack, you can't rely or listen to the music through the current top 40. That's why you have to rely on Twitter or Facebook to find a good musician act that living completely out off the box from the industry minded money machine.

For me Guns N Roses came from the humble but rough background through the underground scene. For me like GNR, Rolling Stones, Beatles, and 60's act they were lucky enough to get attention from the record label easily and hit big like selling more than 10 million unit on the first album alone. For me, I would rather stay in the "internet underground bands" than listening to Fad and novelty songs on Pop and hits radio.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Sorry , as a older GNR fan, it absolutely is terrible that the " reunion" (cashgrab) is even taking place. I don't say that lightly.

After all the Bs that mc Axl has done to ruin the band, I can't understand why anyone would see them except for nostalgia.

After going to court in the late ninties to claim the band name for himself, after kicking certain band members out, trashing others as much as he can, the stupid late show starts, causing riots, the awful Chinese Democracy album, the time he took to make one album while riding off the GNR name, ( by the way, in the years it took to make , Slash made at least 5, Izzy 2-3, Duff -at least 3 Plus velvet revolver...)

And if that wasn't enough, the fact that Axl sounds awful live, ...it's just too blatant a cashgrab and not really all that fun a prospect.

I rather watch Miles Kennedy and Scott Weiland on youtube sing these songs (in most cases, BETTER ) than watch Axl abuse the fans and Band members anymore.
    Last edited by ksharpe; March 5, 2016 at 11:58am.