Thread: Fantastic Four 2015 movie thread

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

Fantastic Four 2015 movie thread

Today the trailer for the new Fantastic Four 2015 movie has gone live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BVs-KCSiA

Looks..... interesting.

(Seems to me that it's heavily based on the Ultimate Universe FF...)

Thoughts?
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I thought the same thing when I saw the toy car when they were kids...

I think this could be interesting. I'm not writing it off, but I'm also not as excited as I am for Age of Ultron or Civil War...

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The term "modern reimagining" always sets of a red alert for me. The FF is my favorite part of the Marvel universe, and Ben is my favorite Marvel character, so I hope for the best. But knowing that they are doing a totally different take not really tied to the source material gives me pause.

Metzger's Rule of movies and TV has always stated that the more successful projects usually stay true to the core of the property, and this one seems to be going in the other direction.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

To me the Fantastic Four was always about adventure and exploration, and it honestly seems like hollywood doesn't make those kind of movies anymore. Look at how they treat children adventure movies anymore (when they make them). It's a similar problem with Superman, they want to make an action movie with him in it and that's why his movies lately haven't really felt right.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The trailer gives me hope that this version of FF will have some depth to it. The other two FF movies were pure fluff and not necessarily in a good way.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Widget
    Intriguing trailer, but let's see if the actual movie lives up to that. Till then, I'll optimistically wait.

Heroic Warrior
    I really haven't seen or heard one single thing about this movie that gives me any hope at all.

Nothing...

It's been a VERY long time since I haven't been able to find the silver lining in ANY comic movie... Like... Catwoman/Steel long time....

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    To me the Fantastic Four was always about adventure and exploration, and it honestly seems like hollywood doesn't make those kind of movies anymore. Look at how they treat children adventure movies anymore (when they make them). It's a similar problem with Superman, they want to make an action movie with him in it and that's why his movies lately haven't really felt right.
    Exactly.

The Fantastic Four (movie) should be like a good Jules Verne or H.G Wells adventure. The first family of Marvel should not be limited to what movie producers consider "realistic" fiction because - and this is why the FF have stood the test of time so well - they have had more of the most outrageous and fun adventures than than any other "super team" in comicdom.

From time-travel to microscopic worlds-within-worlds, no other team has had so much action, camaraderie, and far-out exploits than the Fantastic Four.

It is going to be hard to live up to the expectations of fans who have joined in these adventures for the last 60 + years....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

This movie looks awesome, can't wait to see it!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Meh looks rubbish.

Hate how they seem to have made it all dark and gritty (at least that is how the trailer comes across). That is NOT what a Fantastic Four movie should be like, it should be fun and light and adventurous. Not...that thing.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Meh looks rubbish.

Hate how they seem to have made it all dark and gritty (at least that is how the trailer comes across). That is NOT what a Fantastic Four movie should be like, it should be fun and light and adventurous. Not...that thing.

I was a bit of a luke-warm fan of the FF over the decades, but REALLY?!?

I never really got that vibe from the franchise... at all.

Most of their big highlights were pretty earth-bound and/or angsty... The whole Ben is a monster and it was all Reeds fault got pretty heavy-handed at times. Namor and Sue and potential infidelity... Johnny stealing Ben's gal... Johnny burning down the school..

not to mention the multitudes of 'My XXXXXX is dead now, how do we carry on...' or Someone quiting for a while out of annoyance or disgust or to 'find themselves'...

Now, of course there have been multiple writers over multiple decades, and I'm sure there are some arcs that were light and happy... but in the 90's it was all abuse of power and neglected families... and when I backtracked to the original stories it was all 'I'm a monster and nobody will love me...'

PERSONALLY, I'm not sure how well an adventure style story would work... I like superheroes... I like superheroes being superheroes... Crossing over to new dimensions and alien worlds and such where EVERYBODY is weird and odd and likely has powers of their own... diminishes the main characters something awful.

Plus it comes closer to guaranteeing an entire CGI movie... May as well make it animated.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Meh looks rubbish.

They already made 2 of those movies, and the movies were terrible.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    They already made 2 of those movies, and the movies were terrible.
    I think that was more to do with the writing / direction and actors and less to do with the tone.

Tho that is just what I gather as I really enjoyed those movies
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    I also really enjoyed the last two fantastic Four movies but this one looks more like Interstellar 2. I hope this movie bombs so Marvel can get the rights back. I would love to see the Fantastic Four become apart of the marvel cinematic universe.

i really had no issues with the first two...except the Galactus thing... but i thought the casting was great,,... what ive read on this FF doesnt seem to appeal to me at the moment...maybe i'll enjoy it... but we will see... i just feel ALL marvel properties should be with Marvel studios... there would be some great crossovers.... who knows,,,maybe this flick will tank and Marvel will get its first family back....
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    I am the same way I enjoyed the Fantastic Four movies but this one really isn't speaking to me. I don't know what is it but it doesn't feel the FF to me
    Etheria will be mine!

Heroic Warrior
    The only problem I had with the FF movies was the guy they got for Doom.

I really liked the first two FF4 movies......really.......a lot! This movie judging from the trailer looks kinda interesting but its not the FF4. For that reason I'll wait till I can buy a $3 digital copy off someone lol.