Thread: James Bond #3 is no more, has ceased to be, etc.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar

James Bond #3 is no more, has ceased to be, etc.

Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89
    BBC | 23 May 2017 | Entertainment & Arts

Actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for playing James Bond, has died aged 89, his family has announced.

He played the famous spy in seven Bond films including Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill.

Sir Roger's family confirmed the news on Twitter, saying he had died after "a short but brave battle with cancer".

The statement, from his children, read: "Thank you Pops for being you, and being so very special to so many people."

"With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated," they said in a Twitter post.

The entire article can be read here.
    CNN, USA Today, NPR, CBS, NBC, and ABC have all reported on this, and it's just a sampling of all the media outlets reporting this.

Even his personal website has become one big obituary for the man lucky enough to carry the torch after Sean Connery.

--SMP
    Yes, obligatory Monty Python joke in the thread title because he's British.
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Awww, man - that makes me sad.

Saw this on the news this afternoon, right after the Manchester bombing report.

I just watched The Man With The Golden Gun again at the weekend. Moore was probably my favourite Bond as a kid, his lighter take on the character definitely helped me get into the 007 movies.

Today has not been a day I will want to remember.

Roger Moore is the Bond I grew up with. Yes, I appreciate Connery more now, but for me Roger Moore was the Bond with a car that turned into a submarine. He was the reason I thought we should have female action figures, because what good is a hero without a girl at his side like the Spy who loved me (admittedly later I realized she could be the action hero too, but hey I was five, baby steps). And I always loved Moore's puckishness in the role. I didn't realize he was 89 (the same age as my grandmother when she passed away), but I wish this day could have been a little further off.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    Wow - very sad, but not unexpected. RM is the first Bond to die.

Moore was not only the best Bond in my eyes, but he definitely starred in my favorite Bond films. I really dug the 1970's - early 1980's era Bond movies, more than any other era of the films. My favorites were definitely: Live & Let Die, Man with the Golden Gun, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me, & Octopussy - all amazing films.

I didn't like Moonraker (tried to ride the wave of the success of "Star Wars", and failed miserably). View to a Kill was also just O.K. - though that had some good action sequences...and I also liked the theme song by Duran Duran (better than the film itself - LOL).
    Last edited by man-e-faces; May 26, 2017 at 12:01pm.

It's very sad that Moore passed away of cancer last Tuesday in Switzerland.
    His Danish wife Kristina Tholstrup, however, passed away last year and he shall be remembered as one of the UK's greatest actors of all time.
    Last edited by Neophron; May 25, 2017 at 11:45am.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    The first Bond movie I ever watched was his first outing as 007. He'll be missed greatly.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi

"So, good people defend stupid people? Then good people become Batman."--Leo Holt