Thread: Halloween Audio - WTH is this?

Grammer Flunky

Halloween Audio - WTH is this?

https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/growl

I don't post too many places these days, since i find online dealings more troublesome than they are worth. but, there are not too many places I go to where people arn't skeptics, so figured i'd put this here too to see what people think.

The history.
    We think our office is haunted. Every now and then we'll hear strange sounding footstep like sounds on the rooft. The roof is concrete, and two stories high, so not easy to access by humans or animal unless you have a ladder or rack lifter. they only go up there to work on i think the air conditioner anyway, so hardly anyone is ever up there.

WE've had light switches turn on and off physically few times. I've heard a HELLO in the kitchen right next to me that both myself and my co worker heard. with everyone who could have made that sound on the other side of the office having lunch. Our brand new driver has had someone bang HARD on the wall a few times as he was in the bathroom. he's a huge cross fit person, and they don't tend to scare easily, but this shook him up enough that he was hesitant to come out of the ba throom since he was the only one in the office. he's also heard banging sounds in the office warhouse at 5AM with papers strewn about and no one else was around. All this was before we even told him we thought the office was haunted, so he didn't hear the other stories.

Fast forward to last wensday. Our secretary was driving up to open things. she sees the shadow of a tall man, about 7 foot, staring out our front door. By the time she drove back around, it was gone. needless to say she wasn't too excited about going in alone, human or ghost being there un invited.

So, I left our audio recorder in the exact same spot. This is what we caught.

First sound was what sounds like our Gang Box Lid being lifted and SLAMMEd down hard in the ware house at 3:30 AM
    We co nfirmed with security camera's that no one was driving around the office with a heavy truck, our garbage dumpster wasn't being emptied, and no employees in the warehouse next door where in there at the time working. Other ware houses in the area are not all night.
    https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/bang-noise

What sounds like a whipser as the last employee you hear walking by the recorder passes by and leaves for the night. you clearly hear an 'iss' sound. I think it sounds like it's saying '**** off'..
    https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/evp-****-offmp3

And the kicker.
    I don't usually leave it running on a friday night, as three days of audio takes forever to copy and load. but i did this time just for the heck of it. and i'm super glad i did, even if it freaked everyone in the office out. and now people arn't too keen on staying alone at night there.

Whatever this is, it happens 10PM on a Friday night. All the offices are long empty. You hear a door or draw noise bang or close. 40 seconds of silence. the CREEPIEST sound i've ever heard. like a warthog, or someone who has had trouble breathing, and HEAVY footsteps walking by the recorde. about 50 more seconds of quiet, and then whatever it is comes back. And that was the ONLY occurrence for the night.

Needless to say I wasn't expecting ANYTHING like this, or anything at all negative sounding, so I got chills and super creeped out when i scrubbed by the audio blip to hear it.

Even after, the office still doesn't have a heavy or negative feeling knowing what we caught, but it doesn't sound friendly, and i still don't like playing it.

annoying thing is, all the skeptics in the office are saying anything from a bear passing by (we've never seen one, but we are in bear areas) to the printer or heat making the noise. having heard a few of these office recordings by now, i'm familair with all the normal night sounds. it's not a car. it's not a plane. it's not a truck, and printers don't make footstep sounds.

so, i'm left with a halloween mystery.

I'd call in the ghost adventure crazies, but i don't want them leaving anything else behind evne if they where legit ;o).

As of now, the next step is installing 1080P night vision camera's in the ware house to try and cathc our banging sounds. and a few where we caught this sound. we're also installing extra camera's outside so we can discount anything phyiscaly making the noise.

but as of now, I hope i don't hear anything like that again ;o).

Try calling on the name that is only allowed in the Tar Swamp. The Hebrew guy who "died" around 2,000 years ago. I don't mean saying his name, I mean calling out to him audibly. I bet things will be different around there, assuming it isn't human trickery.

Man I find this type of stuff awesome!! Thanks for posting the audio (for me the second one wouldn't open though).

I would love to spend an evening there alone and see what happens!

Grammer Flunky
    So would our new driver. but if it's our old deceased driver making the noises, might not be happy at having been replaced in the last year ;o).

I like stuff like this too. the sad part is it's so tough finding stuff that's real, and not faked.

It's also tough getting people to believe this is real for that same problem :/....

but, all i know is i left this on the floor of the office at 5:05PM, caught this 5 hours later approaching 10PM, and i'm still freaked out!

I'm one of those people that doesn't really believe in ghost but at the same time I want to

It fascinates me and I love hearing the stories and experiences! I'll try and dig up an old thread that we did a few years ago where we shared ghost stories. I don't really know what I saw but I've had 3 really neat (one scary) experiences.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post

I don't post too many places these days, since i find online dealings more troublesome than they are worth. but, there are not too many places I go to where people arn't skeptics, so figured i'd put this here too to see what people think.

The history.
    We think our office is haunted. Every now and then we'll hear strange sounding footstep like sounds on the rooft. The roof is concrete, and two stories high, so not easy to access by humans or animal unless you have a ladder or rack lifter. they only go up there to work on i think the air conditioner anyway, so hardly anyone is ever up there.

WE've had light switches turn on and off physically few times. I've heard a HELLO in the kitchen right next to me that both myself and my co worker heard. with everyone who could have made that sound on the other side of the office having lunch. Our brand new driver has had someone bang HARD on the wall a few times as he was in the bathroom. he's a huge cross fit person, and they don't tend to scare easily, but this shook him up enough that he was hesitant to come out of the ba throom since he was the only one in the office. he's also heard banging sounds in the office warhouse at 5AM with papers strewn about and no one else was around. All this was before we even told him we thought the office was haunted, so he didn't hear the other stories.

Fast forward to last wensday. Our secretary was driving up to open things. she sees the shadow of a tall man, about 7 foot, staring out our front door. By the time she drove back around, it was gone. needless to say she wasn't too excited about going in alone, human or ghost being there un invited.

So, I left our audio recorder in the exact same spot. This is what we caught.

First sound was what sounds like our Gang Box Lid being lifted and SLAMMEd down hard in the ware house at 3:30 AM
    We co nfirmed with security camera's that no one was driving around the office with a heavy truck, our garbage dumpster wasn't being emptied, and no employees in the warehouse next door where in there at the time working. Other ware houses in the area are not all night.
    https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/bang-noise

What sounds like a whipser as the last employee you hear walking by the recorder passes by and leaves for the night. you clearly hear an 'iss' sound. I think it sounds like it's saying '**** off'..
    https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/evp-****-offmp3

And the kicker.
    I don't usually leave it running on a friday night, as three days of audio takes forever to copy and load. but i did this time just for the heck of it. and i'm super glad i did, even if it freaked everyone in the office out. and now people arn't too keen on staying alone at night there.

Whatever this is, it happens 10PM on a Friday night. All the offices are long empty. You hear a door or draw noise bang or close. 40 seconds of silence. the CREEPIEST sound i've ever heard. like a warthog, or someone who has had trouble breathing, and HEAVY footsteps walking by the recorde. about 50 more seconds of quiet, and then whatever it is comes back. And that was the ONLY occurrence for the night.

Needless to say I wasn't expecting ANYTHING like this, or anything at all negative sounding, so I got chills and super creeped out when i scrubbed by the audio blip to hear it.

Even after, the office still doesn't have a heavy or negative feeling knowing what we caught, but it doesn't sound friendly, and i still don't like playing it.

annoying thing is, all the skeptics in the office are saying anything from a bear passing by (we've never seen one, but we are in bear areas) to the printer or heat making the noise. having heard a few of these office recordings by now, i'm familair with all the normal night sounds. it's not a car. it's not a plane. it's not a truck, and printers don't make footstep sounds.

so, i'm left with a halloween mystery.

I'd call in the ghost adventure crazies, but i don't want them leaving anything else behind evne if they where legit ;o).

As of now, the next step is installing 1080P night vision camera's in the ware house to try and cathc our banging sounds. and a few where we caught this sound. we're also installing extra camera's outside so we can discount anything phyiscaly making the noise.

but as of now, I hope i don't hear anything like that again ;o).
    7 ft tall man ?

The return of the Deadman , ohhhhhhh yesssss ! (said in Paul Bearers voice)

Imo , thats a ghost.......come to think of it Elvis prolly walks upstairs at Graceland and Owen Hart in that arena.......sure as hell wouldnt want to sleep either places ��
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; October 31, 2016 at 09:04pm.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    7 ft tall man ?

The return of the Deadman , ohhhhhhh yesssss ! (said in Paul Bearers voice)

Imo , thats a ghost.......come to think of it Elvis prolly walks upstairs at Graceland and Owen Hart in that arena.......sure as hell wouldnt want to sleep either places ��

And then when you listen to the raido this morning and hear a similair sounding sound.

After he says 'jesus' you hear a voice say a few words. to me it kind of sounds like 'get off my lawn' or 'you've been warned'..
    https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/w...-growl-compare

This file compares the new sound with the one captured in my office last week. i think they are kind fo close.

And then when you listen to the raido this morning and hear a similair sounding sound.

After he says 'jesus' you hear a voice say a few words. to me it kind of sounds like 'get off my lawn' or 'you've been warned'..
    https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/w...-growl-compare

This file compares the new sound with the one captured in my office last week. i think they are kind fo close.
    You were recording the radio program and this interrupted it??

It does initially sound like "get off my lawn"

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    You were recording the radio program and this interrupted it??

It does initially sound like "get off my lawn"
    yep. i can't wake up at 6am to hear it every morning.

I've heard about 60 possible weird voices like this over the past 3 years. and have found older ones on another station i used to record to boot.
    I guess with ghost shows so popular, now people know what to pay attention too, where as before, it went by un noticed, or just dismissed.

- - - Updated - - -

For the audio doubters of the world, we now have added video to the list of possible evidence. toying around with leaving the recorder out tonight just to see what happens.

That's cool! Hope the video catches something.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Right now, you have evidence of noises you cannot identify. We do not know what these noises are, much less what caused them. Attributing these noises to ghosts is like trying to solve a mystery with a mystery: the explanation posited has no explanatory power. Maybe the video evidence will be more revealing.

My gut is telling me that..

Seriously though I hope something is caught on video, too.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Right now, you have evidence of noises you cannot identify. We do not know what these noises are, much less what caused them. Attributing these noises to ghosts is like trying to solve a mystery with a mystery: the explanation posited has no explanatory power. Maybe the video evidence will be more revealing.
    No doubt true.

Hence, why we added video to at LEAST be able to say, 'hey, this isn't caused by a human walking around breaking in to the office..' or 'some homeless guy living in the vents and only coming out at night' (which has apparently happened in some ghost videos, shiver)...

I'd like to think the video evidence will show something. but if I see those gang box lids lifting and slamming themselves down on their own....one or two people might quit .

- - - Updated - - -

Camera's are set up. Video cards added for memory should be good to go if the recording time works right.

but, we caught this last night.

Tell me what you think you hear

No doubt true.

Hence, why we added video to at LEAST be able to say, 'hey, this isn't caused by a human walking around breaking in to the office..' or 'some homeless guy living in the vents and only coming out at night' (which has apparently happened in some ghost videos, shiver)...

I'd like to think the video evidence will show something. but if I see those gang box lids lifting and slamming themselves down on their own....one or two people might quit .

- - - Updated - - -

Camera's are set up. Video cards added for memory should be good to go if the recording time works right.

but, we caught this last night.

Tell me what you think you hear
    I'll have to get home and listen with headphones. Can't make out much here at work.

Grammer Flunky
    Just for comparison sake...

https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/caught

THIS is them messing around. they set an audio time to go off at 3:30 am on the phone. Not only was the audio quality not good enough to make it sound like it was in the room...but i recognized that first sound from a real ghostbusters episode. not good enough to trick someone for even a second.

Yet, THIS......this gave me chills. and i KNOW no one in the office is that good a voice actor to pull it off...AND it sounds like it's in the room...
    https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/growl-short-version

- - - Updated - - -

Hav'n't heard a possible EVP come through on the CBS FM side in a while..

but this one happened just a few minutes ago live on air.

Listen for the three sylable whisper.

I garuntee you this isn't any of the cast. it sounds like a voice we caught on their before.
    https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/evp-voice-cbs-fm2

Sorry for the autoplay. I can't shut it off.