Page 183 of 218 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 5439

Thread: Whats the last DVD you bought?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Ah, some recent purchase fun...

Yesterday from Amazon I received:

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. - The Complete Series on DVD

Glee Season 2 on Blu-Ray

I've also made 2 trips to a local Blockbuster Video store that is closing down and selling everything off. They have a ton of single DVD discs in sleeves without cases that they are selling for 99-cents each. I've picked up several things.... I can't quite remember everything offhand, but here are a few highlights/things that I remember...

The Incredible Hulk - 2008 movie (got this to put with my Blu-Ray to make it into a 'combo pack')

Kickin' It Old Skool

3/4 of Doogie Howser Season 1 (the discs were being sold individually and I had to 'hunt' for them, and I couldn't find disc 1)

Dennis the Menace - (a DVD of random episodes of the late 80s cartoon series).

Folks! - This was the absolute highlight of my finds. It's a dark comedy movie that Tom Selleck made in the early 90s. I saw it many, many years back and recall it being very funny. It's a movie that I've thought about randomly off and on over the years. Then a few months back I thought about it again, and decided to look for it on DVD. I discovered that it came out at some point, but is now out-of-print, and it's going for rather insane prices on the secondary market. A recent search on ebay and the Amazon marketplace has the cheapest used copies being in the $30's range and up, with new copies going from $50 to $100. While it is without the case (which I could always just put it in a DVD case and probably find a scan of the cover-art online to print up), I wasn't going to pass it up for 99-cents! I actually found 3 copies of it and grabbed all 3 of them just to make sure that I have at least one that works with these being used rental discs and all.

And now for the absolute geekiest thing that I recently did for my movie collection....

At the end of the last week, I received an order from Amazon for 2 Blu-Ray movies...

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy(with I actually bought to replace another copy of the same Blu-Ray that randomly stopped working). and...

Hulk - the 2003 movie.

Click this spoiler tag for the 'long story explanation'...

Now, despite my recent caseless DVD purchases from Blockbuster, I am typically one who appreciates nice movie packaging. And there are people out there that actually make custom DVD and/or Blu-Ray cover art to put under the clear plastic on the cases and put it up on some sites (some are pay based, others are free, and in some cases it may just be posted in a thread on a site like a Blu-Ray site that I frequent) to share for people to download and use. This is nothing new (I even made a cover or two previously, even if my photoshop skills aren't as great as other people's).

But one thing that I've been interested in trying and that some other people on that Blu-Ray site have wanted to do has been to actually make custom slip-covers.... those cardboard O-ring sleeve things that many movies come with over the case. I know some people don't like them, or even find them wasteful, but there are people who do appreciate them (some even frighteningly so), and while I'm not on the 'extreme' end, I do like them and hang onto them whenever my movies come with them.

And one thing that has driven me nuts with Blu-Ray is when I have a movie that doesn't have a slip cover, but the sequel or other movie from the same series sitting next to it does. The difference in how they look is jarring (more so than a similar situation with DVDs), and so for these instances, I have been wanting for some time to make custom slip covers for those films. Others have expressed similar interest, but for the most part to date (at least on the site that I frequent), no one really had that I recalled. But, a couple of weeks ago, someone did post a photoshop template that they created to make a slipcover for an average size Blu-Ray case. They hadn't, however, actually attempted to print up a cover yet and construct it as of that time (or even as of now as far as I know).

Well, I decided to make the 2003 Hulk movie my first guine pig at attempting this. Even though it's not "technically" part of the series of films leading up to the Avengers and the 2008 movie was meant to be something of a 'soft reboot', the '08 movie was still essentially a sequel in that it had pretty much the same characters (Banner, his quasi-girlfiend, and her military father chasing after him) and roughly continued where the first film left off. So, I wanted to put this film with the '08 Incredible Hulk and the other Marvel/Avengers movie series as a whole on my shelf, all of which have slip covers, but the '03 Hulk film never had a slip cover on Blu-Ray.

Click this spoiler tag for short explanation and pics...

I made a custom slip cover for Hulk, and I also swapped the Blu-Ray case that it came in with the green one that the film Whip It came in, so that like the '08 movie, it would also have a green case (even though it is a different shade of green than the one that the '08 film came in).

Front:

Slipcover and Case:

Back:

Hulk 2003 next to Incredible Hulk 2008:

The "complete" Marvel/Avengers series (thus far):

(For anyone who skipped the long explanation and is wondering why I'm putting the '03 movie with the others, this is covered in that explanation).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Transformers Japanese Collection: Super-God Masterforce
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Underworld Legacy Collection on blu-ray. I was planning on getting them all, saw it was discounted on Amazon and I debated it saw it at walmart today for the 40 dollar discount price so picked it up.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

HD figures on youtube
    Folks!
    I love that movie. One of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Underworld Legacy Collection on blu-ray. I was planning on getting them all, saw it was discounted on Amazon and I debated it saw it at walmart today for the 40 dollar discount price so picked it up.
    nice, guess I'm going to walmart tonight!

Heroic Warrior
    Game of Thrones season 1 on DVD for like 33 dollars on Amazon.

Bought John Carter and Treasure Buddies from the Disney Club today. (Of course wont ship till June 8th)

The Wicker Tree (Avoid it)
    Mother's Day (remake)
    Sunshine Cleaning Blu-ray
    There's Something About Mary
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Captain America: The First Avenger
    Iron Man 2

Well, I ordered the MYP cartoon series. It's cheap enough, but I'll be really surprised if I am able to tolerate it at all. I'm just not a fan of anime-styled cartoons. But, I'll give it a shot.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Mother's Day
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Heroic Warrior
    The Secret World of Arrietty. I saw this movie twice in theaters and loved every minute of it. First went to Wal-mart and they didn't have it in stock, yet they had all of their other new releases and all of the "family films" that have fart jokes and pop culture references every five minutes in stock (if I ever have kids, I'm going to show them good movies).

Then I tried Best Buy. Luckily for me they had copies. I bought it for $24 ($22 plus tax). I was so happy.

Went to Five Below and they had Dungeons and Dragons the beginning on dvd and this animated Wonder Woman film for $5 each. I didn't get them because I wasn't sure if they were any good.

Saw a good deal on the Sucker Punch Director's cut. I haven't seen it yet, but have heard pretty mixed reviews. Seems at least worth a watch.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    I've seen Sucker Punch. Didn't care for it. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Barbecue17, I suggest you rent a copy first before buying it.

This was actually about the same price as a typical rental, was Blu-Ray, and was the director's cut, which none of the rentals had. Worst case, it'll just go back on Amazon or Glyde.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    Are you talking about the one at Wal-mart? Because I saw that this morning for $5 (blu-ray, directors cut) where the father's day dvds are (am I the only one who thinks it's kinda wrong? I mean what happens if a guy was into romantic comedies and a girl was into action flicks?)

Heroic Warrior
    Marvel Animated Series: X-Men
    Marvel Animated Series: Iron Man

(Both are exceptionally great animes featuring these characters.)
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

Heroic Warrior
    Secret of Arreity BluRay/DVD Combo.
    Castle in The Sky BluRay/DVD Combo.
    Requiem for a Vampire Blu-Ray.
    Whisper of the Heart Blu-Ray/DVD Combo.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Found some Bravestar episodes at a Dollar Tree. Also got 4 episodes of the Greatest American Hero. We'll see if I ever get around to watching them.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Incredible Hulk and Thor. Why? I already have them on iTunes. Make a long story short, my girlfriend is not into comic/action movies at all. I have managed to get her to watch Iron Man 1 ad 2 and Captain America. I kept trying to get her to watch Hulk and Thor, and we even made a little bet (which I lost) in which she would accompany me to the Avengers. SO, for her birthday I got Avengers table cloth and banner, put Thor's hammer and two dvds in an Avengers birthday bag along with a hulk slap bracelet.

Happy birthday to her lol
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

M*A*S*H Martini's and Medicine Collection and Rock-Afire Explosion arrived from Amazon yesterday.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Found some Bravestar episodes at a Dollar Tree. Also got 4 episodes of the Greatest American Hero.
    Really? What else was there? I live right next door to a Dollar Tree.
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Black Hawk Down
    Blade: Trinity
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Hondo
    Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
    Poltergeist
    The Dukes of Hazzard: Season 7
    The Hunt for Red October
    The Lord of The Rings Trilogy
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 12, 2012 at 02:37pm.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Hancock unrated 2-Disc
    Doppelganger
    RoboCop 2 (original Orion DVD)
    RoboCop 3 (original Orion DVD)
    New Years Eve
    Last edited by adol; May 26, 2012 at 01:45am. Reason: addition
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey