Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Iceman and Gbagok's Return to Anwat Gar

Iceman and Gbagok's Return to Anwat Gar

Iceman and I have been planning the first of several Masters of the Universe movie ideas, all of them seen as sequels to Season 2 of the animated series. These movies would introduce characters and ideas that the TV show never got a chance to explore. For this project, we focused on Sy-Klone and Anwat Gar. He and I will be posting the story in phases because believe it or not we still have more pictures we haven't finished painting. But we have let this teasing go on long enough.

Our story begins with Sy-Klone after the final battle with King Hsss and Serpos. As the other Masters celebrate their victory, Sy-Klone finds himself restless. He thinks a flight through the Mystic mountains will relieve him of this disquiet, but on the way he encounters a strange creature made of wind. It sings to him, and calls him by name. He follows it, and it lures him half way across Eternia to a lone shrine on his island homeland of Anwat Gar. There, the creature takes the form of a woman. She reveals that she too is a native of Anwat Gar who has been sleeping these long centuries. The destruction of the Legacy Stones awakened her, and she has watched Sy-Klone, the last ember of their once mighty kingdom, with great interest.

"You have forgotten your way, Warrior of the Wind," she tells him. "You were supposed to guard the Legacy Stones."

"I have not forgotten," he says sadly. "The Legacy Stones were destroyed to keep them out of evil hands. I fight with the Masters to protect all of Eternia. There is nothing left for me in Anwat Gar."

The Woman of Wind laughs at him playfully and begins to fade away. "Ah but there is, Wind Warrior. You guarded only two of the stones, but there remains the third and most powerful of them all. Find it Sy-Klone, as you were meant to in the beginning." When she disappears, Sy-Klone is awestruck. Could there still be a third Legacy Stone on Anwat Gar? He decides to search every inch of his old home until he finds it.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 31, 2012 at 07:24pm.

Back in Eternos, Prince Adam is summoned to Grayskull by the Sorceress. She tells him that once more she has seen visions of a great darkness coming from the lost kingdom of Anwat Gar, only this time she knows that the threat does not stem from the machinations of Skeletor. No, this time it is one of Adam's own allies who will unleash the danger. Adam turns into He-Man and hurries to Anwat Gar with Man-At-Arms and Battle Cat. They find Sy-Klone uncovering a hidden passageway in one of Anwat Gar's mountains. They try to speak to him, but he he will not listen. He is sure the Stone exists, and that it is his duty to protect it, the last talisman of his homeland. He-Man and Man-At-Arms follow him into the dark caves beneath the island. There, they find a huge cavern full of unmoving stone soldiers. Above them, on a floating alter of rock lies a glowing stone, the last of the Legacy Stones.

"It's dangerous," He-Man tells Sy-Klone. "The Sorceress warned us--"

"No," Sy-Klone yells, sounding very different from his usually calm self. "I will not let you destroy this stone. It is part of me. You took from me my one true purpose when you destroyed the other stones. I will not let you take this from me as well." He fights them, forcing them to retreat while he flies toward the stone. He-Man warns Sy-Klone to stop, begs him not to force him to hurt him. "We each have our purpose," Sy-Klone realizes. "I did not want to be your enemy, but if this is the only way, then so be it." And with that, he activates the Stone. Green light blinds He-Man momentarily as Sy-Klone and the Stone merge into one.

Possessed by the Stone, Sy-Klone speaks an ancient spell and the cavern begins to quake. The power of the third Legacy Stone is obviously far greater than its brothers, and the very mountain begins to break apart around them. The stone soldiers begin to glow and move with an unnatural life, and above everything He-Man and Man-At-Arms hear the voice of their former ally before the cavern completely disappears in a blast of light.

The first thing we see when the debris begins to settle is that He-Man has reverted to Adam. The power unleashed by the Legacy Stone somehow severed his link to Grayskull. He finds Man-At-Arms, Cringer, and himself all surrounded by the stone soldiers. They lead the Eternians to the surface, where they are stunned to see that Anwat Gar has suddenly become a much larger island. Huge ships hover above, and human soldiers stand waiting for the prisoners to emerge. The man leading the army is huge, possessing a malevolent grin and a large golden hand.

To be Continued...
    Last edited by gbagok; August 31, 2012 at 07:24pm.

Wow, this sounds really promising. The movie poster is very cool, especially He-Man's design looks amazing!

Edit: Oh, the second post is even better! The shot with the stone warriors...
    And I have to ask: Is Legacy Stone Sy-Klone's design based on / influenced by the repaint pictures?

Thanks, Irian! Yes, that color scheme comes directly from the toy. Iceman is behind the desgin for Jitsu and his army of stone soldiers, the Terrorcotta Warriors.

He and I both contributed ideas for He-Man's Anwat Gar armor, which will come into play later in the story obviously.

Sweet mother of holy crap blessed be thy name! That was awesome. Jitsu bore me but your version of him inspires dreaming just woah dude!
    Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. G'Kar Babylon 5
    A warning on a chainsaw

DAVI MUST DIE!!

Well, it's about time and yes, it's definitely been worth the wait I'm loving this...
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

This is awesome guys!
    Nice work!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Awesome stuff guys! Well worth the wait! Love the scenic pics, the story is really good so far, awesome repaint Sy, and the Heman and JItsu designs are great. I can't wait for the next installment!

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    This cool gbagok! you and OIcemano have done a wonderful job, I hope you plan to do something with the Hordak returning from Despondos and She-Ra
    Etheria will be mine!

I can't belive you stopped the story well always leave them wanting more right

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Amazing artwork! Jitsu looks incredible! I can't wait to read more

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I WANT A JITSU FIGURE!!!! AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

as jitsu has always been one of my favorites i'm extremely excited to see more

HEROVERSE IS COMING...

Lionheart avatar by Baena

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal
    I WANT A JITSU FIGURE!!!! AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!
    I second that great work guys,just awesome!

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Great beginning.....now more more more...
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Wow, nice work guys! I'm loving this.

P.S. Your Legacy Stone Sy-Klone concept is so damn cool it's starting to make me want the repaint! Must resist!

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    DEAR LORD, HOLY ****

Heroic Warrior
    Very nice, can you tell us who did what? Or did IceMan write and Gbagok draw?
    www.mattsdrawings.com

Thumbs up!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Hooked on Substance D Machine Man's Avatar
    Holy crap!!! Jitsu looks amazing, it was worth the wait just for that!

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdrawings
    Very nice, can you tell us who did what? Or did IceMan write and Gbagok draw?
    I am by no means a writer!! Gbagok pretty much conceived the whole story but we both threw around ideas, added stuff or took stuff out.

Its pretty much a well collaborated project which started waaaay back in Feb or March; I think; when I tossed a few character designs his way...

Thanks for all the comments guys! There is more to come!

Gbagok, I hadn't seen that cavernous warrior pic yet...AWESOME!!

P.S. Your Legacy Stone Sy-Klone concept is so damn cool it's starting to make me want the repaint! Must resist!
    I'll be getting mine!!
    Last edited by oICEMANo; August 31, 2004 at 05:47am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Holy shhhhh**!!!!! I'm stunned!!!!!!! This looks excellent!!!!!!
    "Proud owner of both Keldor and She-Ra thanks to He-Man.Org"

Come on Mattel, bring back He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Adora, She-Ra, and The Evil Horde!!!!!!!!

Blade's MOTU Figure Need List:
    Snake Armor He-Man x3
    Talon Strike Stratos x2
    Trap-N-Smash Orko x4
    Evil-Lyn x1

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO MOTU AND DON'T LET MOTU DIE!!!!!!!!

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    This is awesome, guys! What little you've given us so far is extremely compelling and I'm eagerly awaiting more.

But tell us . . . what is this exactly? Will it be fan fiction or some kind of read along book? Or are you actually interested in animating this awesome concept like the ideas being thrown around the toon forum?

Great stuff!

WOW! All of those pics are spectacular!! I'd like to see a close-up of that wind woman. - Let's just hope she's not made of methane.

Great stuff guys! The build up was unbearable, but it seem to have all paid off. You've got me hooked and left me wanting more, more, MORE!