Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Iceman and Gbagok's Return to Anwat Gar

You two continue to amaze! Parts 3 and 4 are truely awesome. Can't wait for more. Dojo rules!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Oh man I can't enjoy this more!! Amazing stuff I love He-man's Anwat armor. OH great work!!

At first i was jealous of all the attention this thread had gotten, and then, upon further review, wow... collaborations are a lot like crossing the streams. (C'mon, who else likes ghostbusters ) AWESOME stuff. Definitely want to see this one a website of it's own.
    Commissions ahoi - apply within!
    ------
    Check out my website: IMBETA.NET - Also available on MYSPACE

This just keeps getting better and better!!!!! Keep it up!!
    "Proud owner of both Keldor and She-Ra thanks to He-Man.Org"

Come on Mattel, bring back He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Adora, She-Ra, and The Evil Horde!!!!!!!!

Blade's MOTU Figure Need List:
    Snake Armor He-Man x3
    Talon Strike Stratos x2
    Trap-N-Smash Orko x4
    Evil-Lyn x1

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO MOTU AND DON'T LET MOTU DIE!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo
    When I did the original drawing I did have that colour scheme in mind but I neglected to mention it to Gbagok. When he sent me what he had I just thought that it looked so damn cool and besides it matches all the other statues we saw in the Anwat toon episode plus I figured it was ok cos the famous so-called terracotta statues in China aren't really reddish-brown either.

But good eye none the less, Marty.
    You are right...they weren't the Terra Cotta so commonly referred to (reddish brown), however, a tan terra cotta...I just wondered...I hope you are not offended by my critque of color...

Sorry Im a bit late to comment guys.This story is so friggin cool.Hats off to u guys for such cool designs & the Awesome story.Im looking forward to more of it.So far it keeps getting better & better.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEGODBEAST
    You are right...they weren't the Terra Cotta so commonly referred to (reddish brown), however, a tan terra cotta...I just wondered...I hope you are not offended by my critque of color...

Not at all! This is Eternia after all though...

IMBETA: Jealous!?? Dude everytime you post a pic of a female I tend to tear up my attempts and throw em in the bin....
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Stealth Maestro J. Flex crawatt's Avatar
    I know this is sort of late, however, shouldn't the TerraCotta soldiers be redish brown, like real Terra Cotta?
    in case you haven't noticed yet, in this story, they're called Terrorcotta, not Terracotta soldiers.

the way i see it, they're not intended to be like the real Terracotta soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by crawatt
    in case you haven't noticed yet, in this story, they're called Terrorcotta, not Terracotta soldiers.

the way i see it, they're not intended to be like the real Terracotta soldiers.

This is also true. In fact the name is deliberate. We thought, how would Mattel name it because essentially all MotU characters' names are a play on words etc. I originally had Terrorcutter but it was agreed that Terrorcotta just sounded better. (this sounds like a DVD commentary! )
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

[/IMG]
    No worries, I just chose to use the color scheme of the stone warriors from the episode with Anwat Gar. I didn't think about using the terra cotta clay color (or any warm earthy color). To satisfy curiosity though, here's what that might have looked like.

Hey, Mattel could break into the candy business and make him out of chocolate!

Hey G! Awesome! Maybe these guys could be the grunts of Jitsu's army and the Stone ones are the more hard-arse General types....
    He-Man can take care of the brown ones with one punch but the stone guys prove more of a challenge!
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Hey Ice,

It looks like your going with the premise that Anwat Garians resemble Asians. That's fine; but will the story explain why Syclone has blue skin?

Again, great stuff!

maczero

Quote Originally Posted by maczero
    but will the story explain why Syclone has blue skin?

Erm.....no.
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Erm.....no.
    Well there was going to be a little something at the end, but I dropped it because I wasn't sure if Sy-Klone is supposed to be a member of Keldor's race or not (and I don't know what that story is, so I thought best to avoid it). I don't know if the official plan was to make Keldor's race originate from Anwat Gar, but we chose not to go that way with this story since we wanted to bring in classic characters like Jitsu and Leon and Consul Ari.

EDIT: Nice idea about the army ranks, Iceman. We have another variant!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok
    Well there was going to be a little something at the end, but I dropped it because I wasn't sure if Sy-Klone is supposed to be a member of Keldor's race or not (and I don't know what that story is, so I thought best to avoid it). I don't know if the official plan was to make Keldor's race originate from Anwat Gar, but we chose not to go that way with this story since we wanted to bring in classic characters like Jitsu and Leon and Consul Ari.

EDIT: Nice idea about the army ranks, Iceman. We have another variant!

I dont think Keldor would have come from Gar anyways.

Woohoo! Chase Terrorcotta!
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Hey G! Awesome! Maybe these guys could be the grunts of Jitsu's army and the Stone ones are the more hard-arse General types....
    He-Man can take care of the brown ones with one punch but the stone guys prove more of a challenge!
    Dude!!!

That is a GREAT idea!!!

The Terra Cotta ones are reg. grunts and the stone ones are generals!!!

PLUS, it gives Mattel the REPAINT option!!! He! HE! he!

TGB

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok
    No worries, I just chose to use the color scheme of the stone warriors from the episode with Anwat Gar. I didn't think about using the terra cotta clay color (or any warm earthy color). To satisfy curiosity though, here's what that might have looked like.

Hey, Mattel could break into the candy business and make him out of chocolate!
    Thanks for doing this...I wasn't complaining...I was only wondering...

The color change and the idea of Andrew with the ranks...is GREAT!!!

I totally missed the spelling of them "Terrorcotta." Duh....

Sorry if I came off as being overly critical...I like it when people give me educated opinions and suggestions.

Hey no worries Marty!! Now we have an extra 'character'!

Maybe Gbagok and I will do a 'commentary' to provide insight as to how the whole project evolved!
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Maybe Gbagok and I will do a 'commentary' to provide insight as to how the whole project evolved!
    Now that would be REALLY cool!!!!
    "Proud owner of both Keldor and She-Ra thanks to He-Man.Org"

Come on Mattel, bring back He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Adora, She-Ra, and The Evil Horde!!!!!!!!

Blade's MOTU Figure Need List:
    Snake Armor He-Man x3
    Talon Strike Stratos x2
    Trap-N-Smash Orko x4
    Evil-Lyn x1

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO MOTU AND DON'T LET MOTU DIE!!!!!!!!

I think it is a cool idea to seperate the ranks of the Terrorcota warriors through their color. However I think that the regulars should be the grey one´s and the leaders the clay color ones.

Note, this is not a complaint just an idea since it is always like this that regular troops have normal inconspicuous color schemes and their leaders not. Right now the only ones I can think of are the Battle Droids at Star Wars. They all have a normal color scheme and the higher ranks have a blue, red or yellow colored part on their body. Well just a thought.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tytus
    I think it is a cool idea to seperate the ranks of the Terrorcota warriors through their color. However I think that the regulars should be the grey one´s and the leaders the clay color ones.

Note, this is not a complaint just an idea since it is always like this that regular troops have normal inconspicuous color schemes and their leaders not. Right now the only ones I can think of are the Battle Droids at Star Wars. They all have a normal color scheme and the higher ranks have a blue, red or yellow colored part on their body. Well just a thought.

Take care.
    Maybe the jewels on their helmets and chest could be different colors based on their rank level...then the chase figure could be a jewel color...like the highest level general has a gold jewel and is Mattel's sickest/rarest chase yet with only 100 made...He! he! he!

TGB

Eon

Grah!

Why didn't I think of this before!!!?

The artwork is incredible as always gbagok and I love the entire concept.

Yin and Yang are exceptional.

Can't wait to see Ninjor

...and for the 100th time...awesome work guys

wait...Leon and Consul Ari are from the classic line?? Was it an episode or a comic or a book?? or did i misread the statement?

anyway GREAT GREAT stuff! Dojo is my FAVE and I wonder if we'll see many customs based on this thread....
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    dont know about customs but you'll see a few skins
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook