Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "Masters of the Universe" #6 (Vol.3) Talkback *SPOILERS*

Official "Masters of the Universe" #6 (Vol.3) Talkback *SPOILERS*

"The Snake Men have almost accomplished their goal. Serpos is within their grasp, and Evil-Lyn's fate may be sealed. Will it be the Masters that turn the tide … or some one else?"

Thsi thread opens on Thursday, 9th (or earlier if anyone finds the issue that soon). Enjoy

Yay! I'm the first in! Pretty cool the comic is out today. And may I say what a great issue.
    The story flowed nicely and the dialog was snappy. I especially like the talk between He-Man and The Faceless one. Some very revealing stuff there and showed a great young side to He-man. It was brief but very informative. And it sounds like he may know who he-man really is. Great stuff!!
    Now poor ol Skele didn't have much to say. But what he did say was enough. And we get the slight hint that he may just care a little for Evil Lyn.

There definetly some stuff there that I'm sure Val and the lads would love to go into more given teh chance. All in all my favourite issue yet.
    Well done chaps!! Oh And Lady!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    FYI, the comic is available today...but only in Canada. Americans have to wait till Thursday.
    Wabawalawoo!!!

Got it.

it's pretty good, not as great as the previous issue, but I liked it none the less. Sigh my biggest complaint would have to be that this is the 3rd to last issue. (as it stands) and it feels like we will be rushed now. i like the interaction between he-man and the faceless one...i liked Skeletor's 'soft side' i liked some of the things that TFO was eluding to as well. but it all feels like there won;t be a payoff. based on mattel's restrictions and the upcoming hiatus/possible cancellation. sigh I didn't get to enjoy this issue like i wanted to. it's like hanging out with a dying friend, you treasure the moments but you know that they will be gone too soon.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

There haven't been very many replys to this thread... which leads me to wonder if others had the same problem i did when i went to pick up my copy of Issue 6... The comic book shop told me it wasn't in, wasn't scheduled to be in this week, nor is it scheduled to be in next week either!! What gives?? They plan on carrying it, they've always carried the comic sense the beginning, so I know it's not that they don't want my business. Very confused here!!

got it ordered so it should be in early next week. pigboy is that your drawing of sorceress. noticed the chest the other day now the rump. where can we (I) see a full sized version?
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11
    got it ordered so it should be in early next week. pigboy is that your drawing of sorceress. noticed the chest the other day now the rump. where can we (I) see a full sized version?
    Late tonight probably!

Rump!? That's one way of putting it!
    www.eamonart.com

well the rump is more the hipside so it is more appropriate then saying buns or crotch really since from the looks of it is is more the side, hip would have worked somewhat also. looking forward to seeing the picture.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Just got mine!
    It was ok, still not digging that colouring though. It was nice to see the other Masters in action. Unfortunately with this arc having to stick to the toon continuity it just seems to lack that punch for an ending. I know its no fault of MVC (we all know who to BLAME!).

Good job none the less!

And the return of Fan-Art!! Or is that the last stock, Val?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo
    Just got mine!
    It was ok, still not digging that colouring though.
    Maybe I'm easily pleased, but I was quite gripped. I thought tyhe pacing was perfect! A few shorcuts in the artwork here and there sure but this was my favourite issue and along with no.2!
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy
    Maybe I'm easily pleased, but I was quite gripped. I thought tyhe pacing was perfect! A few shorcuts in the artwork here and there sure but this was my favourite issue and along with no.2!
    I just feel that the colouring doesn't suit the MotU comic. Also (and I can understand why) the pencils, in parts, are not up to Emil's usual HIGH standards. (I think Enza's parts are fine).....DAMN Mattel!
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo
    I just feel that the colouring doesn't suit the MotU comic. Also (and I can understand why) the pencils, in parts, are not up to Emil's usual HIGH standards. (I think Enza's parts are fine).....DAMN Mattel!
    I dissagree dude! At this stage I find it quite hard to point out which parts are Emil and Enza's. And I like the colours.
    My only little grip and it is little, is when that snake matey was jumping for Fisto! I was waiting for one almighty splattering or a heavey uppercut but we get this not so epic looking punch. It just need a bit more umph!
    A very small gripe I think you'll agree!
    www.eamonart.com

Not everything can be perfect when deadlines are at hand.

I know some of you guys and gals like to nitpick the art to death.
    But if you ever had to work under the gun, and tried to squeeze in the detail and such that Emil and Enza do, I think you'd sing a different tune.

Those two artists ran themselves ragged trying to produce a good looking book for all the fans. And they did it for two years.

I think the last thing on the very last panel of the last page, written by Emiliano, should tell the tale of the atmosphere in the studio as they completed the book.
    It was a very sad week. I think we all came close to tears.
    I know none of you mean it as an insult and I don't mean this as an attack against any of you, but please try to cut them slack.

Mr Tuesday
    I liked this issue. Though I wish it didn't say "Continued In Episode 39 Of The Masters Of The Universe Cartoon!" at the end. But I guess that's what they had to do with all the restrictions.

Like krosfyah, I have a bittersweet feeling about the issue, since it's the second-to-last one. I had the same feeling when "Awaken the Serpent" aired, while it was a good one, I felt bad afterward since I knew it was the end.

No, No I would never mean these comments as a whiny fan-boy nitpick! I know they were under immense pressure to get this done due to the whole scrapping of the previous work you guys had. I appreciate all that they have done to get this comic out. But this is a talkback thread and Im just talking. But by no means am I putting Emil, Enza or the rest of MVC down. Why would I want to do that!?
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tuesday
    Like krosfyah, I have a bittersweet feeling about the issue, since it's the second-to-last one. I had the same feeling when "Awaken the Serpent" aired, while it was a good one, I felt bad afterward since I knew it was the end.
    I'd love to see how Emil and Enza would've handled the battle with Serpos!
    www.eamonart.com

So does that mean the comic is cancelled for good or just hiatus?

Everyone sounds so somber and sad......I thought it was just going to be on hold for a while, or is this more of a cancellation hold than a regular short term hiatus hold?
    I'd sell my soul, my self-esteem, a dollar at a time...

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    I'll save the commentary for later, but Val, are you saying, this is it, finis, MOTU vol 3 is a goner post issue 8, or is that Emiliano is moving on?
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    I think the last thing on the very last panel of the last page, written by Emiliano, should tell the tale of the atmosphere in the studio as they completed the book.
    It was a very sad week. I think we all came close to tears.
    I know none of you mean it as an insult, but please try to cut them slack.
    I noticed that and it was very sad to read. I think lots of us who have followed the comic understand a bit of what those three dots and one word sum up.
    Last edited by puddleduck; September 9, 2004 at 05:36pm.
    "Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave."
    Lord Brougham 1778-1868

I LIKED THE ART

anyway -- I liked this issue a lot... I also reiterate that the Faceless One has become one of my all-time favorite characters.

I wonder if the "keys" to Despondos are the Havoc Staff, Evil Lyn's Staff, and now the Power Sword... was that what Lord Zalesia/Faceless One did to the Power Sword? It stands to reason that Evil Lyn's staff is a key too because it was needed to cure the Despondos sickness in her AND the Havoc Staff was also needed... perhaps Faceless One made it a key when he gave it to Lyn... (it's my theory that when Keldor took baby Lyn into the future, after retrieving the Havoc Staff -- see: last issue -- that he dropped her off at the Ruins of Zalesia for the Faceless One to raise -- because he knew all about what happened to Faceless One).

I wrote the following in response to a question in the cartoon forum regarding why Keldor would attack the Elders:

I've started to believe that before he became Skeletor, Keldor had some pretty strong powers. I think he was a lot stronger than he is as Skeletor.

In one of the Icons of Evil comics, Keldor visits a visionary witch doctor and the doctor says something about it being foretold that Keldor would be the most powerful...

I also think that maybe his powers weren't as effective in the Hall of Wisdom/around the Elders, and that was why he had to resort to simple sword to sword combat with Randor, and come up with the acid in the face plan (which obviously backfired).

I have a feeling that, perhaps, Keldor had the power of Hordak and the Horde at the ready during the onslaughts on the Elders and Cpt. Randor... after all, Hordak is the one who "saved" Keldor and turned him into Skeletor... so Hordak was probably privy to what was going on on Eternia... it would be just like Keldor to tell Hordak, "Hey, sure, grant me the power to defeat the Elders, and I will free you from Despondos." Perhaps, Hordak required that Keldor kidnap baby Adora as a test... and when he PASSED that test, he granted him what power he could, or taught him to find sources of power that would help him in his quests... Hordak WAS an ancient Eternian... he would know a lot about Eternia's ancient magics...

I think Skeletor is insane enough to think he could defeat the Elders on his own (if they were still around). But I don't think Keldor was insane... I think he was brilliant and crafty and incredibly powerful and exploited every opportunity to make that so... he wouldn't have made an attempt to conquer the Elders at their home base if he didn't have the power to back it up... after all, in "The Beginning," it is Randor & Co. who seem to be retreating to the Hall of Wisdom.

So... perhaps Hordak gave Keldor the power to go back in time to get the Havoc Staff, as he needed Keldor to retrieve it in order for Keldor to free him from Despondos... obviously Keldor had no intention of freeing him...

hmm... BUT Mattel HATES US so we'll never know...

HARUMPH!

unless Val & Co. tell us "unofficially" after issue 8
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Great issue. Period. I said it when #5 came out and I'll say it again, this volume is what I've been waiting for ever since the new books came out. Thank you Val, Emilano, Enza, and everyone for the great run. Reading this was so bittersweet. It was a great book, but then when it was over I realized there are only two issues left.

Truly volume 3 will end way ahead of its time.

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    nah, what the Faceless One did to the Power Sword was give it the power to fight Serpos, which we see in the cartoon in the form of the sword opening up and allowing He-Man to tear into Serpos.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

We'd like to continue beyond 8.
    But, that's up to Mattel.
    And at this point, I wouldn't expect much.

We'll be trying to find a way, though.
    Emil is working on something for an issue or two for another company.
    That will probably be announced in a few months.
    I can't say what.

And Emil and Enza will probably each have their own series at Image early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    And Emil and Enza will probably each have their own series at Image early next year.
    That's sounds pretty cool!
    www.eamonart.com

So where are the spoilers? I wanna know what happens in the issue.....anyone care to share?

I'd sell my soul, my self-esteem, a dollar at a time...