Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2-bad & General Stingrad's 'Origin of the Snakemen' (UPDATED 09/09)

Chapter 8

First of all, A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you. AS promised heres the next chapter...

Chapter 8

Victory

The smoke cleared & a huge battalion of The Serpentis Imperium came into view. The battle was moments away from starting. Greyskull had tried his best to avoid such Carnage but the War was beyond his control. Greyskull began to declare “Today we fight for what is ours. Eternia has long been threatened by the Serpians. After this battle only one side will emerge victorious. It’s either them or us. There is No Escape , no Surrender. Fighting our way to victory is the only solution. I know you all will make Eternia proud.”

“Kill all who stand in your way. Leave no prisoners. The time of the ‘Snakemen’ rule has arrived & no Eternian can stop us. Onward to battle my brethren.” declared the Serpian King. He then looked at the young prince who was kept under Rattlor’s care. “Rattlor make sure Hsss remains safe.” He ordered his General.

“Till the time I die My King. Nothing will happen to the Prince.” Ensured Rattlor.

The young Prince tried to convince Serpon for entering the battle but Serpon Clearly refused by saying, “Too much is at stake. If anything should happen to me you must end what I have started & rule the people of Serpia.” With that the King began to lead his warriors to Battle.

Greyskull’s forces began to prepare themselves by gathering in front of the Three Towers as Serpon gave a screeching battle cry.

All was silent when suddenly a stroke of lightning hit the Central tower. But it was no ordinary lighting. As the clouds cleared, a horde of Serpenitaurs led by Fangman began to attack the Eternian army. With the army distracted Serpon ordered his ground forces to attack with full force.

Both forces clashed arms for the battle which would determine the fate of Eternia.
    Greyskull ordered his forces to stick to their ground as he went to take care of the Serpenitaur problem. Fangman ordered his minions to attack the King who headed straight for them. The Serpenitaurs attacked with great force but King Greyskull’s power overwhelmed them. After realizing Greyskull’s power, the Serpenitaurs backed off from the battle despite of Fangman’s commands.

Greyskull then returned to help his warriors in battle. “I have to stop this senseless violence even if it means slaying Ophedius’ son. Without him the Serpians will not be in a position to continue the battle.” Greyskull thought to himself . Mustering all his strength he headed straight towards the Serpon.

Serpon prepared himself for the upcoming threat. The Serpian soldiers tried to stop Greyskull from reaching their leader but to no avail.

As weapons clashed & sparks flew the two Kings engaged into a brawl. “Your reputation precedes you Greyskull. Your Swordsmanship is far superior then I expected.
    A shame you will meet your end.” commented Serpon. He began to attack Greyskull mercilessly but Greyskull managed to block his sear Blade each time.

“Eternia will never fall into the hands of you Snakes. I’ll make sure of that.” replied King Greyskull.

Serpon then quickly jumped far from Greyskull onto a ledge behind him & raised the Medallion of Serpos “ Prepare to experience the full fury of the God Beast, Serpos arise!!!”

The Ground began to shake & once more the giant beast arose from within it & gave chilling screech which spread across the battlefield.

“Mighty Serpos show these Eternians your true power. Burn their new fortress into ashes so that they realize there is no stopping the Snakemen!” ordered Serpon. The giant three headed snake headed straight for the towers on his command.

Greyskull tried to run after the beast to try & stop it but Serpon created a barrier encircling them.
    Last edited by 2-bad; January 1, 2006 at 07:39am.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

“You are a fool to unleash such an evil, Serpon. Your father did the exact same thing & paid.” Greyskull spoke in a roaring voice showing his anger & frustration.

“Murderer!! Don’t you dare speak of my Father. You killed him & now you die as well.” Serpon shouted with anger & tried to slash Greyskull but missed & Greyskull sword cut across his left leg.

He fell to the ground yelling in pain. Greyskull headed towards him. He was sure that Greyskull would not spare his life. “Go ahead! End this.” The young Hsss watched from a distance.

Greyskull raised his sword & suddenly pierced it into the ground beside Serpon. Serpon was surprised by this action & spoke “Why don’t you kill me. It will end the carnage once & for all.”

“When I became King I swore that I would protect Eternia and prevent wars. Killing is Evil Serpon, & I am not Evil.” replied Greyskull.

“Liar! You killed my Father.” Serpon shouted once more.

“No Serpon. I didn’t. But your Snake god Serpos did. When your father invoked his spell he did not have the means to control it. There was nothing any of us could do about it. He fell into Serpos’ grasp. ” answered the King. “ And now you are making that very same mistake.”
    “ No!! Fangman told me you you were responsible for his death!!” Serpon replied.

“ He lied. Please help me stop Serpos before he destroys the towers. Together we can make Eternia a better place for both out people.” King Gryeskull spoke with great concern.

Serpon realized that he had been deceived. Greyskull could have easily ended his life but he chose not to. He wanted to help but things were out of his control.

“I’m sorry this had to happen Greyskull. I see now that I have been deceived all these years & Fangman will pay for this. But I have no power to stop Serpos. He will not rest until he has destroyed the Fortress & carried out my command.” answered Serpon.

“There must be a way to stop him. I must try” replied Greyskull.

“ There maybe a way. Here is the medallion of Serpos. Take it. Maybe it’s power combined with the power of the ancients can stop the beast.” Spoke Serpon as he placed the medallion in Greyskull’s hand.

“Eternia is Greatful to you, King of Serpia.” replied Greyskull. “ I’ll carry you to the Fortress.”

“ No!! You must leave immediately. I will only slow you down. I will take care of myself.”

Greyskull was hesitant at first but he realized that Eternia was at stake & headed towards the towers. Hsss saw Greyskull leaving his father to lay on the ground but he could not help him. He couldn’t hear the conversation the two rulers were engaged in.

Serpos had already begun his attack on the Three Towers & was moments away from breaching the force field. Greyskull hurried to the top of the tower where Eldor & the Zalesians were trying to fend off the beast.

“What took you so long my King?” questioned Eldor.

“ I managed to convince Serpon . He has decided to join us.” replied the King. “He gave me this medallion. He said our combined powers maybe enough to stop the beast & contain it.”

“That is great news. We must not waste any more time.” replied Eldor. He requested the Zalesian wizards to concentrate their power on the medallion & together they aimed the spell right towards the God beast. It managed to injure it, but Serpos continued to strike.
    The Lord of Zalesia stepped forward & raised the Ram stone & focused its power towards the Medallion which hit the beast.

As the beast began to crumble into pieces, Greyskull realized the Serpos was in its path & there was nothing he could do to save him.

Serpon realized that his end was inevitable . He turned his sights towards his heir & Rattlor & ordered, “ The responsibility of guarding the prince is now yours, My general, Rattlor.” With that he faced death in the eye as the Giant beast came crumbling over him.

Hsss tried to reach towards him but Rattlor grabbed him.

Fangman realized that the day he waited for so long had finally come. All he needed to do now was finish off the Prince which would leave the Serpians dangling without a ruler. He swiftly headed towards the Hsss on his only remaining Serpenitaur but his attack was not successful as Rattlor pushed Hsss out of the way & hit the Serpenitaur on the face with his powerful tail attack. Fangman was baffled & decided to retreat. “Fools with you King gone, you will not survive for more than a year. The heir to your throne hasn’t even evolved completely into a Snakeman. Serpia will be in chaos & I will be there to witness it.”, he declared from the sky as he left the battlefield.

Greyskull ordered his army to back off , & having no other option Rattlor did the same. As both sides began to part their separate ways & roaring noise was heard. Although the God beasts body was almost incinerated , its spirit still lived & began to take a solid form once more .

Greyskull was baffled at the sight. Their power had lessened after the battle & he was afraid that they would not be able to beat Serpos this time.

Suddenly he heard voices chanting spells in a language which was to him. He saw a group of mysterious figures on a far away hill top. But Rattlor immediately recognized it. “ The Serpent Magi” he spoke in a rather astonished voice. Hsss was confused & demanded to know who they were.

“The Serpent Magi, Guardians of the Snake God.”. replied Rattlor. “ They were a group of renegade Serpian priests who had sworn to protect the mighty Serpos under all circumstances. You father broke the alliance as soon as he was anointed. We must leave now My Highness. There is nothing we can do.”

In moments, the mysterious figures contained the spirit of Serpos into a giant Glowing orb & vanished with it as mysteriously as they appeared . Both sides were left Speechless. Rattlor ordered his troops the head back Serpia. Hsss was still hesitant but Rattlor convinced him.

. What would this incident pose for the future of Eternia was unclear but the War was over… For Now…

To be continued…
    Last edited by 2-bad; January 1, 2006 at 07:50am.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

B3NDER
    O.K. I just read the whole story from beginning to end of chapter 8 and I am blown away. That is possibly the most amazing MOTU story I've ever read. WOW!!! Excellent work!!!

Thanks B3ENDER. Glad you liked the story. It'll be updated with the next chapter soon.
    My DA Page

A N O T H E R
    G R E A T
    C H A P T E R ! ! !
    Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

Excellent story, 2-Bad!

Your Epic Snake Men tale was a great read!

Fantastic work, dude!

You should be proud!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

you have outdone yourself agin with another great chapter 2-bad and genaral stingrad
    The snakemen will rise again mwa ha ha ha ha!

Rest in peace eddie gurerro you stole the hearts of millions

Dangerous Dogs Act Ban The Deed Not The Breed!!!!

This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome storyline and awesome pics.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    I don't know how you do it, but you just keep getting better and better!

--Asp'r
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    WOW...I just read from beginnign to end and I hate reading. Can't wait for more cause I'm already fiending like a crack *****......gimme more!
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Just letting you guys know, the new chapter will be up soon.
    My DA Page

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    Sorry for being in the dark, but I JUST read the entire fic up until now.

2 words: Absolutely outstanding!!

I'm feening for more already!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Chapter 9!

First of all, I have t appologise for the giant breaks between the chapters. I had some outside commission work going & also work on the Mossman comic. As a result I had almost forgotten adding the next chapter to the fic. I lso appologise for the limited number of pics for this Chapter. Ill add 2 more when i get the time. But for now ENJOY guys & gals!!!

Chapt 9: Transformation

With the Spirit of Serpos drained by the Serpent Magii only the broken down Rocky body lay in the middle of the field with Serpon crushed beneath it. Hsss rushed to find out Serpon’s situation, hoping that he’s still be alive. He headed Serpon was holding his last few breaths. Hsss reached near him “ Father, do not give up, we will get you back to Serpia. You will be cured. Just hold on!!”

Hearing his heirs voice Serpon faintly spoke “ Much is Depending on you Son. I know you will fulfill your destiny as the Prophecy stated & become one of the greatest Rulers of Eternia.” With that Serpon eyes shut as he gave up his last breath. Grayskull watched the young Prince leave his father’s body & head towards Rattlor.

General Rattlor, now in charge of the Serpent army commanded his troops to retreat after the fall of both Serpon & he Giant Snake God. The army began to back away from the Towers of Eternia heading back to their homeland. Prince Hsss was still under the Impression that Grayskull left his father to get crushed on purpose…so did Rattlor.

At the Central Tower Grayskull couldn’t help but feel guilty that he left Serpon defenseless in the Middle of the field. “ He saved us all from Serpos” He growled s he banged his hand at a wall.” And I backed down when I had a chance to save his life.”
    Eldor gently patted Grayskulls back trying to console him. “ It wasn’t your Fault, Grayskull, Orphedius laid the seeds for this Battle. His son was the only one who could have stopped it & he did. You tried your best & saved your People from a devastating fate.”

“No Eldor, I didn’t try my best. If I had Serpon would’ve still been alive.” Grayskull almost lost his calm as he shouted at Eldor. He realized his anger in a moment & calmed down. “Forgive me old friend. I know this is not a Time to fight amongst ourselves.” He then turned his sights to the Captain of he Guard, “ Have the guards clear the debris & I want Serpon to be honored as soon as his body is recovered.” He ordered.

A restless Hsss Finally reached Serpia, he spent the entire 2 days thinking of his father’s demise & Fangman’s last words before he left the battle. He recalled Fangman’s lines, “With your King gone, you will not survive for more than a year. The heir to your throne hasn’t even evolved completely into a Snakeman. Serpia will be in chaos & I will be there to witness it.”

“How will I ever evolve into a Snakeman. Father had hopes in me but now he is no more…. thanks to Grayskull.” His eyes filled with hatred every time Grayskull’s entered his head.

He headed towards Rattlor, “ I have known you for far too long old friend. I have complete trust in you. You will administer all of Serpia’s affairs until I’m ready to be anointed as King.”

Rattlor bowed down before the Prince, “As you command, your Highness. It is my greatest honor.”

“ Good! I need to spend some time alone in the tower. Make sure no one disturbs me unless it is extremely urgent. In the mean time, I want you to do one more thing. Find me the greatest of warriors in our army or from any part of Eternia who are willing to join us in our cause.” With that Hsss entered the Tower in his palace & closed the door behind him.

That night Hsss continuously saw the vision of his Father figure Serpon getting crushed by the Giant Serpos. His anger grew every time he the images flashed before his eyes. He sat in a dark corner of his room, trying to control his emotions when suddenly he heard a voice echo through the room.

“Prince Hsss” the voice hissed.

Hsss was startled at the eerie voice & demanded to know who it was. But there was no answer. As he continued to navigate through the huge room he saw his Staff glowing with a green glow. At first he was curious whether to go closer but he knew he had to face his fears if he were to become King one day.

“What do you want from me? Who are you?” the king questioned.
    Last edited by 2-bad; August 10, 2006 at 10:21am.
    My DA Page

The eyes of the staff began to glow as the voice continued, “ I am the spirit of you deity. I am Serpos The Snake God!!” the mysterious voice spoke.

“Impossible…I….I saw Serpos fall before my very eyes!!” replied a confused Hsss.

“Wrong, Young Prince! My body can be contained but my spirit cannot. I am free to roam Eternia when I want. However I cannot say the same for King Serpon! Nothing can bring him back from where he is now!!” the voice continued.

Hearing that Hsss’ eyes filled with hatred as he lifted the staff & threw it to the side. “You know nothing about my Father, Snake god.” He shouted.

The voice went on “Ahh…but I knew him Perfectly!! His Ambition, his goals….his Treachery!! But he was weak as a ruler! I offered him Power & Immortality, but he refused & now look what became of him.”

“My Father was a Great Soldier, General & King. I know he must have made the right decision.” Hsss answered.

“If he had made the right, he would never have lost his life in this battle. You fail to understand me, Young one, but I offer you that same power I offered your Father. Immortality to you & your subjects & destruction to all who stand in the way of the King of Serpia & The Snake God!!”
    The voice continued to convince Hsss but he refused every offer from Serpon.
    For days, the Serpent God continued to try & convince Hsss to accept his offer.

During that time, the Eternians began to repair the damage caused by the Attacks. The three towers were almost completely restored. King Grayskull overlooked the landscape still grieving over Serpon’s death. He felt it was his fault. One of the Generals entered the room .

“We have found his body Sir.” He spoke.

King Grayskull was hesitant at first but Eldor convinced him.

“Very well!! I will be there in a moment.” Replied the King as he put on his Battle attire.

The Eternians the mourned the loss of Serpon with a funeral ceremony. Eldor & the other council members stepped forward “What is to be done with the body , King Grayskull?”

Grayskull knew what he had to do. It was not up to him to decide how Serpon would be honored. “Send Serpon to Serpia, we have no right to decide anything. He now has an heir to look after the Kingdom of Serpia. It is for the Prince to decide.”

“Very well my Lord. It shall be done.” Replied Eldor.

“Eldor make sure you send a peace treaty to Serpia as well. I have had enough of this bloodshed & I want this war to end.” He spoke as he left the scene still filled with guilt.

Eldor sent one of Eternos’ best Generals along with Serpon’s remains.

After 4 days the Eternians reached the gates of Serpia & brought Serpon’s body to the city square. Hsss came running down still having hopes that his Father may have been alive but he was disappointed as well as horrified after he saw him lay still on the porch.

The Eternian General stepped forward & announced, “ On behalf of the Kingdom of Eternos, King Grayskull mourns the Loss of a Great Leader & King. May the Gods of Eternia guide his soul. King Grayskull has also decreed that this War between Serpia & Eternos needs to end & has sent a peace treaty to Serpon’s heir, The Next King of Serpia.”

Hsss stepped in front of the General, “Tell your King that I do not appreciate dealing with Murderers but I will give the peace treaty a thought. Go now!! Leave Serpia at once!!” he commanded.

After the Royal guards left & the gates closed King Hsss ordered his fathers body to be mummified & arranged for a Royal Funeral for the next day.
    That night as Hsss prepared to sleep the strange voice once again spoke, “ Prince Hsss, your father suffered a horrible fate at the hand of King Grayskull & you could do nothing about it. You didn’t have the power to face Grayskull nor the will to save you’re Father.”

“I tried !! I tried to save him!” Hsss screamed in anger.

“But you didn’t!! As long as you control your emotions you will never become King. I still present you with the offer. Weakness won’t solve anything, Revenge will! Embrace my power & your revenge will be complete!”

Hsss had a thousand thoughts running in his mind when suddenly the scenes of Serpon’s death flickered before his eyes as he saw King Grayskull leaving Serpon to die.

After a great amount of confusion, he calmed down completely & spread out his arms.

“I accept your Offer!! Take me!!” he replied in a low yet defining tone.

As soon as the words came from his mouth the glow from the staff took the form of the three headed serpent “You shall no longer feel pain. You will be cleansed of all emotions that weaken you. I give you Power & Immortality, King Hsss in return for your Soul.” With that the glowing form entered Hsss’ body.

Serpos thought he had finally found another host to once again rule over mortals. But what happened next, he had not expected.

As the Snake God traveled deep within Hsss’ soul as he found was a barren wasteland. Serpos eyes widened as he realized the mistake he had made. “No!! This can’t be. He has absolutely no emotions within his soul except anger & Hatred. The Prince is the embodiment of Evil…Since the beginning of time!!”

Suddenly he heard & Evil laugh echoing across the wasteland. The Spirit tried to leave the body as fast as he could but the passage got covered by a gigantic shadow that stood in front of him. It’s eyes blood red.

“Too Late!! All I needed was Power; Snake God & you presented it to me!! Now you & your powers are a part of me. You have no control over me but I have all the control over you!! I am King Hsss, Ruler of Eternia.” the dark figure hissed.

Serpos tried to fire a bolt of magic from each of its heads to convert into a giant orb filled with destructive energy , but the mysterious shadow with absorbed its energy & fired a more powerful blast back at Serpos containing the Snake God.

“There shall be none who oppose Hsss, Not even the Gods themselves!!” The shadow & vanished.

At that point of time Hsss’ eyes opened wide & appeared blood red.
    “Such Power!!” he spoke as his laughter echoed across the Corridors of the Tower in the dark of the night.

The next morning every Serpian gathered at the sacred underground Temple to honor Serpon’s death. After all of them settled Serpon’s body was placed on a pillar surrounded by lava. The trumpets blew as Hsss along with Rattlor made their way to the podium in the center of the Temple. He appeared much older than before, His skin was yellow in color. He saw the warriors Rattlor had gathered through the days bowing before him, encircling the podium.

He saw his father’s body one last time as hatred brew within his body once more. “Vengeance will be mine, Father!! Grayskull will fall & Eternia will be mine!!”

He then gave the sign & the pillar began to descend into the lava encircling it & so did Serpon’s body.

Suddenly Hsss gave an angry roar that echoed across the temple & beyond. His clothes & skin began to tear as Snake heads began to emerge. The Serpians were not unfamiliar with the sight but This form was more vicious than King Orphidius’ other form. King Hsss had finally transformed into a Snakeman!

“My loyal subjects! I declare myself as King of Serpia, Your one & only King. Your God!! Follow me & I will lead you to victory, Deceive me, & you shall be devoured. We are Serpians no longer. Eternia will refer to us as ‘The SNAKEMEN’!!” the crowd roared pledging their loyalty to the new King of the Snakemen!!

My DA Page

Hooray! Chapter NINE!!!

Excellent fellas!

Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

Thanks guys!! I'm glad you like it.

I hope no ones lost track of the story because of the delay though.
    My DA Page

Heroic Warrior
    OMG WOW...that is simply awesome...you could totally make a one hour episode on king HSSS's origin.

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    Friggin AWESOME!!
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Tons of great artwork 2-Bad!
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Great artworks!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Excellent work and great pics!

Just read the whole storey!!! Great artwork guys and storey telling!!! Enjoyed it very much!!! =D

....my Eternia....I have just read the most epic origin story ever told.