Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2-bad & General Stingrad's 'Origin of the Snakemen' (UPDATED 09/09)

“ I have trained him with every fighting skill I know. So anyone else oppose?” replied Serpon. There was still complete silence in the room.

“Good then we march for battle on the eleventh hour of the 6th moon. Prepare yourselves now.” He ordered as he left the room while the guards took the body of the dead general.

“ Any word from Serpia, Eldor?” asked King Greyskull.

“I’m afraid not. Our spies seem to be missing.” answered Eldor

“I still don’t understand how their armies keep getting bigger & bigger.”

“Prisoners of war, my husband. Transformed into Snake men.” replied Veena.

“We will take the battle away from Greyskull, in the open. I can’t see this Castle getting destroyed by these wars.” Spoke Greyskull.

“ As you wish , my king.” Replied Eldor as he gave a modest smile. “I will always agree with your decisions. You have never failed us till now & nor shall you in the future.”

“Thank you old friend.” King Greyskull spoke as he was happy with the support Eldor gave him.

Meanwhile in Serpia, the armies marched under the command of General Rattlor while Serpos & Fangman left to Zalesia. “Do not attack until I give the signal my warriors. Now onto Battle & spare no one.” Serpon shouted giving a huge screech as he left on a Serpenitaur along with a small group of warriors.

As they traversed over the Mystic forest which surrounded Zalesia, Serpon’s eyes suddenly fell on a shinning light in the middle of the forest. “What do you think it is Fangman? A Zalesian watch post?”

“Could be, My king” replied Fangman.

“Then we must bring it down. Come my warriors.” ordered Serpos as he rushed downwards towards the spot. However he found that it was not a Watch post but looked like more of a Temple.

“It is deserted.” Serpos spoke. “Its best we destroy it.”

A voice echoed across the temple “Evil intensions are not welcomed here, King of Serpia.”

Suddenly an energy blast hit two of the snake warriors, stunning them temporarily .

“ Who dares defy me. Show your self at once.” Serpos shouted in anger.

And before him stood a being all dressed up in red. “ I am the Oracle & this is my home. Evil is not welcomed here.”

“HaHaHa! The Oracle? I have no time for jokes little worm.” Serpos smirked as he suddenly threw the spear towards the Oracle. But it turned to dust as it touched the Oracle’s force shield.

“Leave now! You have been warned.” Ordered the Oracle of Zalesia firing an energy beam towards Serpon.

“ What makes you think, that a King like me, will take orders from a worm like you. Enough of you tricks, its time you experienced my wrath.” Serpon Quickly jumped towards the Oracle & they began to battle. The oracle managed to tilt the balance of the battle , but then from out of no where Serpon suddenly called forth the mystic Shadow snakes which headed straight for the Oracle & weakened him.

“ Surprised! A little trick the former King of Serpia taught me.” He walked towards the fallen Oracle. “Come now my little friend, tell me what glorious victories my future holds.”

The Oracle still grounded looked towards Serpon & spoke, “Not Victory, I see Death.”

The Serpian King’s eyes grew wide open as he was shocked to hear what the oracle said

....Continued
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Prime Warrior of Esgeal Mercury's Avatar
    Oh Man! What a Great Come Back.
    You're still rocking, 2-Bad. Excellent Job with this story.
    "It's better to burn out...
    ...than to fade away"

Kurgan in "Highlander" the movie

Thanks Mercury. If you liked this chapter wait till u see what i have instore for the next.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Yeah it was a long time, but it was worth the wait. Very cool chapter and so nice to see Glade. How I love guest appearances. I leave with the same word I always use...keep up the good work!

Take care

I am glad to see this latest Chapter!
    This is AWESOME!

There's GLADE! Terrific!
    He and the other Plant Folk look awesome!

I am loving Serpon - he looks particularly excellent! and there's the Oracle!

This is Great - I love how it is ALL coming together!

I am looking forward to many more chapters!

Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

Thanks alot Tytus. I'm really gladf youre enjoying the story so far. I hope the other chapters turn out equally good.

Thanks J-Sun! Thanks for letting me use Glade.I'm glad he turned out so well.More chapters soon to come.
    My DA Page

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    WOW... 2-bad...

I'm speechless... It's so amazing!

--SMP
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Chapter 6

The Prophecy Unfolds

Silence spread across the hall of the Oracle as Serpos stood shocked about hearing his future. Even the other Snakemen were speechless.

Serpon the lifted the Oracle & threatened him, “This better not be a joke wizard. If it is, I swear I will personally behead you.”

“ I tell you only what I see about your future. I can’t help if you don’t accept it but it is the truth.” answered the Oracle without showing any sign of fear. “You may do whatever you want with me, but you can’t hide from the truth. You willl die in the next battle you enter”

“No! It can’t be, I have yet to avenge my father’s death. Take my revenge on that accursed Grayskull & his council. I will not rest until they are completely destroyed.” Serpon shouted.

“Your vengeance will be your undoing, Serpon. I can’t help you.”

“But what will happen to my glorious Serpia once I am no more. My people need a ruler to guide them.” Serpon spoke in Desperation as he released the Oracle from his grasp.

The Oracle replied, “ It shall have a leader. I have seen it in my vision. The next heir of Serpia.”

“ The next heir? You fool, I have no offspring to take my place once I’m gone.” Serpon replied.

“Ah! But you will soon. He need not be your offspring, as a matter of fact he need not be a Serpian at all. But he will be the next heir.” the Oracle continued.

“Don’t speak in riddles old timer. Tell me where I can find him.” Serpon shouted with anger as he lost his patience.

“You won’t need to find him. He’ll find you sooner than you expect.” saying that the Oracle vanished out of sight.

Serpon immediately ordered Fangman to contact Rattlor to withdraw from the battle & return to Serpia. “I will meet you there. Now leave me alone, all of you.”

As Fangman & the remaining guards dispersed, Serpos began to think more & more about his death & the heir to take his throne. After a few minutes he decided to head back to Serpia.

As he crossed the dense evergreen forest, he heard shrieks coming from the north. He then followed the noise, to take a closer look . AS he reached the spot, He saw a caravan of Eternian nomads fighting a horde of shadow beasts, but one by one they fell. Serpon decided too take no action in helping the humans, when suddenly one of the shadow beasts sites fell on him & it rushed to attack, but Serpon made short work of the creature with a single blow. As the creature fell, it gave an echoing screech.

Suddenly Serpon found him self surrounded by five to six shadow beasts. He managed to beat all of them while the others fled into the forest. Serpon though he had taken care of them all, when suddenly he was attacked from behind. He turned to find out what hit him & saw a huge Cave beast, a creature similar looking to shadow beasts but much bigger. He continued to fight, taking some critical hits until he was triumphant. He then entered the caravan to check whether there were any humans alive, but he was only greeted by corpses.

Seeing that no one survived he decided to continue back to his kingdom. But as he reached the door, something caught his cape. As he turned, he found a baby, laying on the floor. He didn’t care about it & continued further, but the child followed. Serpon lost his temper & was just about to stab it when he suddenly remembered what the Oracle had prophesized. He was confused as a human could never become the next heir. But as he looked at the child he was forced to hold it.

My DA Page

“A human can’t rule Serpia, but a transformed Snakeman can.” He lifted the child & continued on his way to the kingdom.

As he reached his kingdom, carrying the infant in his arms, the crowd was speechless. Fangman & Rattlor quickly came forward to greet him, but they were shocked to see the human child as well.

“What is this human doing here , my King. Humans are not welcomed here. Let me dispose of him.” Fangman hissed as he tried to reach towards the child.

“Lay a hand on him & you’ll never see the light of day again, Fang man. This child here is the next heir to Serpia. I proclaim him to be my son.” spoke Serpon

“Surely you can’t be serious great one. The next heir of Serpia a human?” answered fang man.

“Yes, a human, soon to be a great leader. But he will not remain human for long.” Serpon answered & looked towards Rattlor “ You have anything to say my young General?”

“ I have no objection, your majesty. You are the ruler of this Kingdom & I have no right to interrupt in your decisions.” Replied Rattlor as he bowed before Serpon.

“Excellent!! Then I will leave you in charge of training my son. And from here on end, he shall be called Prince Hsss of Serpia.” declared Serpon.

Fangman didn’t seem to be pleased with the situation & left shortly. As he entered his room he thought to himself “No! With this child as the next heir to Serpia, my ambitions will never be fulfilled. I hoped the Entire Serpentis Imperium would be in chaos once Serpon is gone. My years of effort all in vein . But I will have my revenge on the Serpentis Imperium for slaying my race.”

The young prince began his training with Rattlor at the age of five, Rattlor taught him everything he knew about Battle & Hsss seemed to master the skills perfectly. After that he began training with Serpos in mastering the art of magic. However, Serpon always made Hsss realize that he was abandoned by his human parents, & would have never survived without him.

17 years passed & the day came where Hsss would be anointed the rightful heir to Serpon’s throne. The crowd gathered to witness the event. Hsss stood before the balcony of the tallest tower & Serpon soon followed carrying the Serpents ring once more.

“Today is a monumental day in Serpia’s history. My son, Prince Hsss shall be anointed to take my place once I am gone.” He declared to the crowd & then turned towards Hsss.
    “I’m proud of you, My prince. Are you ready for the transformation.”

“I am father.” Hsss replied.

“ Then let us begin.” Replied Serpon. The ring was held high as Serpon chanted the ancient spell of Transformation. Hsss was surrounded by a green glow & the transformation began. Serpon was curious as to wether Hsss would survive the transformation.

After an hour, the transformation ended & Hsss still stood on his knees. However Hsss’ human features remained, with the exception of developing a few scales over his skin. Serpon was not sure wether the transformation was a success, but he knew he would find out soon.
    My DA Page

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Getting good! More please, 2-Bad.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

Thanks tf80. Glad you liked it & hope that youll like the forthcoming chapters too.
    My DA Page

Interesting. So that´s how Hiss is related to Serpon. Wouldn´t have guessed that. Keep em coming!

brilliant story plz do more its great

Thank you for the commentcassie. Glad you like it so far.

More to come very soon guys. I hope no ones lost interest in this so far. I know its been too long but I've just begun writing the script for chapter 7 so ill try to get it up by the end of this week. Once again, Sorry for the delay, im getting very little time to devote on the story due to college studies.I hope you all have enjoyed it so far.
    My DA Page

My second post definitely goes out too you 2-Bad. I really love this story and your artwork. I can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Aran; August 15, 2005 at 06:18am.

Eternian Sports Director smeddie45's Avatar
    wow, this story is incredible, i cant wait to see how it finishes
    The curse is dead! Red Sox World Series Champs 2004.

The dynasty is alive Patriots Sper Bowl Champs: 2001, 2003, and 2004!

First of all, A big apology for making all you guys wait for so long. Thank you so much for your patience. Time just hasnt been at my side off late. Anyway I managed to finally get chapter 7 done & hope you guys haven't lost track of the story.

The Siege of Eternia

Although Hsss had been transformed by the Serpent’s Ring, He still possessed the features of a human which greatly disturbed the people of Serpia. But Serpos was affected by his subjects’ concerns as he had made clear the Hsss will be the heir to his throne.

The news about Serpon’s new heir spread across Eternia & caused a great disturbance in the minds of the people. Even King Greyskull wasn’t sure what Serpon’s next step would be in his Conquest of Eternia. Hence he called his council to gather in the Throne Room.

“This is very disturbing news. By some means, Serpon has appointed a new heir for his Kingdom. Why , How? I do not know. But The future of Eternia seems grim.” Spoke The King.

“Indeed! These could be the beginning Signs of a war. I believe he has regrouped his army once more.” Replied Eldor.

“I agree. But this time the war will not take place near the Castle. The wizards of Zalesia & my finest sculptors are working on a new Fortress to use in times of great peril. Three actually.”

“Impressive! We would like to have a look at it King Greyskull.” Replied one of the Council members inquisitively.

“We will embark tomorrow.” Spoke King Greyskull.

The very next day they left to the sight of the Fortress, traversing the Crystal Canyons & reaching Plain. The council was astonished by the Fortress which consisted of three huge towers.

“A few days back, I got a vision from the Ancients, that led me here. This fortress, I believe was the center of their power.”

“Yes!! The books speak of such a place, but I thought it was just a legend. I believe it was called the Ultimate Battleground, during the last stages of the Preternian war.” Eldor interrupted.

“This fortress is powered with Zalesian magic. It’s our last hope against the forthcoming invasion & it is here that the Battle of Eternia will take place.” replied Eldor.

Meanwhile at the Serpian palace , Serpon was in great confusion. If what the Oracle had prophesized was true, then he would surely perish in the battle. Even though he now had Hsss as his heir, he was afraid that his subjects would never give the young Prince the respect he desired, since his transformation wasn’t completely successful.

Fangman entered the room , “ Our troops are almost ready your Majesty. In a few days we will be capable to launch an attack on Greyskull.”

“But will that be a wise decision, Fangman? Hsss hasn’t fully transformed yet and if anything were to happen to me , I fear my subjects would be without any leader.” questioned Serpon with great confusion.

“Surely you haven’t taken the Oracle’s prophecy too seriously? With this army we are sure to prevail triumphant in the upcoming war & I’m sure you don’t want your father’s slayers to go unpunished, do you?” Fangman replied, convincing the King.

“ You are right. Maybe I was a fool to believe the Oracle. You have served me loyally for a long time now Fangman. I trust we will win the War & I will make my father proud. We attack as soon as the troops are ready.” answered Serpon.

Suddenly one of the his warriors entered in a great hurry, “My Lord, there is disturbing news. Our sources have just reported that the Defenders are building a giant fortress near the opening of the plains of Perpetua.”

“Hmmm? If Greyskull wants to change the Battleground, so be it. As soon as the troops are ready we leave to the Plains. Summon the prince as well. It is imperative that he joins the battle.” ordered Serpon as he walked out of the room.

“ Yesss. Head for your doom, foolish King & take your so called heir as well. Without you Serpia will fall, just like my people fell at the will of your father. Prepare to join your father.” Fangman thought as a sly grin appeared on his face.

At The Castle, Greyskull once again received a vision from the ancients. Greyskull was certain that the attack would begin very soon, & he ordered his architects to increase the speed of building the towers.

The fateful day arrived, The three towers were ready to withstand the upcoming attack, both sides were prepared for the Battle. Greyskull, Eldor, Glade & the Lord of Zalesia stood on top of the center tower & gazed at the clouds of smoke heading towards them.

“And so it begins.” announced Greyskull.
    My DA Page

Incredible work, General Stingrad and 2-Bad!

You guys are truly telling an epic tale about King Hsss's origins!

You've definately inspired me to aspire and tell my own stories, as well. It's funny you guys mentioned a Pre-Eternian war, cuz I was thinking of doing something along those lines.

The picture of the Ultimate Battleground is one of my favourite images in this story! It looks Awesome!

Looking forward to more! Good Job!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

wow you never stop amazing me with this pls keep going its brilliant
    The snakemen will rise again mwa ha ha ha ha!

Rest in peace eddie gurerro you stole the hearts of millions

Dangerous Dogs Act Ban The Deed Not The Breed!!!!

Thanks guys. I'll be posting the next installment sometime in January. Right now I'm working on mini MOTU project of my own. I just need to write down the story for the next chapter & I'll work on it as soon as I can. Once again glad you guys are still enjoying it & sorry for all these delays with this story.Rest assured it will be completed.
    My DA Page

Bearshow
    Wow! I can't believe I just now find this!

Cool story, 2-bad! Nice way to tie-up a lot of the loose ends of the Snake-Men history!

Looking forward to more!

Cheers!
    Bearshow!

Thanks Bearshow & Starblazer.Just to inform you guys, the next chapter will be posted on 1st Jan. Happy holidays!!
    Last edited by 2-bad; December 27, 2005 at 09:24am.
    My DA Page

Heroic Warrior Hordaks Henchman's Avatar
    curiosed to see and to translate it into german. great s+it