Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Classic-Inspired Power Sword

New Classic-Inspired Power Sword

I have been playing around with making custom weapons lately and came up with this:

Maybe I'll work on it a bit more yet to smooth out some rough spots, but it's basically done. I tried to make it resemble the classic figure's power sword, yet fit in with the new figures. Oh, and sorry for the poor picture, but this is a scan and the sword didn't sit perfectly straight.

-Northy-

Great idea, and well made at that. I really like what you've done with the sword.
    Proud member of the Arizona MAZTERS since 2003

This is how the "reimagined" sword should look. Nicely done
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

No offence to Mattel or the Four Horsemen, but that's how the Sword of Power should've looked in the new line...

That is terrific Northy!

Excellent work!

What is wrong with the picture - it looks great to me!
    Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

A big fan of Slush Head
    Now that is the sword of power!!!!

Great work!! can we see the sword with a figure I want to see how big it is.

That's awesome, how did you do it?
    I am fire made flesh, power incarnate, I am.... THE DARK PHOENIX!!!

The fire of the Phoenix burns through lies, you understand? The gaze of the Phoenix is like an x-ray tearing through every self-deception. So burn, Emma.
    Jean Grey, New X-men 139

As you can see in this picture it's approximately the same size as the real sword:

It's made using part of the original blade, the Martial Arts He-Man blade, and the handle from a sword that I got with some generic dollar store figure.

-Northy-

That sword looks cool.
    "Proud owner of both Keldor and She-Ra thanks to He-Man.Org"

Come on Mattel, bring back He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Adora, She-Ra, and The Evil Horde!!!!!!!!

Blade's MOTU Figure Need List:
    Snake Armor He-Man x3
    Talon Strike Stratos x2
    Trap-N-Smash Orko x4
    Evil-Lyn x1

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO MOTU AND DON'T LET MOTU DIE!!!!!!!!

Time for a mould and a list!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

SHA-WING!
    That's one sweet a$$ sword!!

Whoa! I'd seriously wish that this was released with a figure, you would get used for a new movie!

That is a very cool custom Northlander!

If ya look at the FourHorsemen's early sketch of He-man, his power sword did have a sort of a classic shape to it.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Great work on the sword! I want one for my He-man

This pleases me. I know that I have been complaining alot abotu the power sword since I saw She-Ra's sword. This is nice.
    I'm perfectly normal! It's the rest of the world that is NUTS!

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo
    I suppose that's not a bad idea, unfortunately I know nothing about such things. If someone who would be willing to take on such a project should decide to contact me, however, maybe we could work something out.

I'd like a few extras myself!

-Northy-

Inspired work there Northlander. And a lot nicer that the one used. I was never crazy on the new sword, a bit over done I think. Pity the 4HM didn't use their original design.
    I'd buy one of yours for sure!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo

Quote Originally Posted by The Northlander
    I suppose that's not a bad idea, unfortunately I know nothing about such things. If someone who would be willing to take on such a project should decide to contact me, however, maybe we could work something out.

I'd like a few extras myself!

-Northy-
    Oh I'm sure we could find someone who can mold and cast these.....perhaps Barbarian or Amaro or The Godbeast.....it's not like we don't have the talent here to do it.
    "Proud owner of both Keldor and She-Ra thanks to He-Man.Org"

Come on Mattel, bring back He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Adora, She-Ra, and The Evil Horde!!!!!!!!

Blade's MOTU Figure Need List:
    Snake Armor He-Man x3
    Talon Strike Stratos x2
    Trap-N-Smash Orko x4
    Evil-Lyn x1

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO MOTU AND DON'T LET MOTU DIE!!!!!!!!

A big fan of Slush Head
    As you can see in this picture it's approximately the same size as the real sword:

It's made using part of the original blade, the Martial Arts He-Man blade, and the handle from a sword that I got with some generic dollar store figure.

-Northy-
    Man you made an awesome sword!! wow really wow!!

i like it, much simpler and more true to the original. i never understood how the sword that released the ancient powers of Grayskull would be so high-tech and over engineered. i mean whats with all the freakin wires? is it electric now? does he-man have to carry a generator or a battery pack?

Quote Originally Posted by 80'skid
    i like it, much simpler and more true to the original. i never understood how the sword that released the ancient powers of Grayskull would be so high-tech and over engineered. i mean whats with all the freakin wires? is it electric now? does he-man have to carry a generator or a battery pack?
    http://www.fourhorsemen.biz/forum/to...8&whichpage=17

Quote Originally Posted by four horsemen forums a question from Baena
    Hi guys!
    What's your story on Skeletor's Sword?
    Clearly it's a nod to the old power sword, and that it splits into two swords like the toy of old, one good, one evil. Ying and Yang?
    Did you guys want it to act like a key of sorts to Grayskull, like the pre-Filmation days of early Masters of the Universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by four horsemen response
    Kind of. We always viewed the full Power Sword as one of the most powerful weapons in the MotU universe. Whoever possesses both halves has the power of Grayskull at their whim. This was more based on the two halves of the Power Sword from the original toy line than on the cartoon continuity. In our plan, it was supposed to have been 10 or 20 years later, and Skeletor now somehow possesses both halves (one light half: the eagle, and one dark half: the skull) of the Power Sword and rules all of Eternia. He-Man and his rag-tag band of freedom fighters try to wrest that control from Skeletor with the use of a new sword created by Man-at-Arms and powered by the Sorceresses' now limited magic. The guys at Mattel liked the design and action of He-Man's new sword so much, and it tested so well with kids that they decided to use that as the new Power Sword instead of the one that Skeletor still possesses.
    I like your sword northlander, I only have one problem, i would prefer a longer blade. but that's just me.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Dude that's sweet!

Even though I already made my own classic style sword of power based on Scareglow's design, I would so sign up for one of those if they end up being mass produced!

Awesome, awesome, awesome! If a "list" gets made sign me up!
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah
    I like your sword northlander, I only have one problem, i would prefer a longer blade. but that's just me.
    Hey, it's already a little bit longer than the one that comes with the real figure.

Thanks for posting that Horsemen quote. I had heard a secondhand version of what they said before, but never read it in their own words. I like their idea, not just for the sword, but for advancing the timeline and having Skeletor in power with He-Man's group struggling to survive and retake the planet. That would have made for better drama I think, and also not ignored what had come before.

-Northy-

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    Hey, it's already a little bit longer than the one that comes with the real figure.

Thanks for posting that Horsemen quote. I had heard a secondhand version of what they said before, but never read it in their own words. I like their idea, not just for the sword, but for advancing the timeline and having Skeletor in power with He-Man's group struggling to survive and retake the planet. That would have made for better drama I think, and also not ignored what had come before.

-Northy-
    I too enjoyed that quote! I also really like your sword Northy! I don't think it needs to be longer, but I am not overly fond of the handle-otherwise it is PERFECT! Nice work-wen does casting begin ?

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmurf76
    I too enjoyed that quote! I also really like your sword Northy! I don't think it needs to be longer, but I am not overly fond of the handle-otherwise it is PERFECT! Nice work-wen does casting begin ?
    As soon as someone offers to do all the work for me. I don't know how to do casting.

The handle, yeah... I wanted the guard on it like the old power sword had. This handle isn't perfect, and you'd have to cut the plastic joining He-Man's right-hand thumb to his fingers to fit the sword in there. Maybe it's better off just as a showpiece...

-Northy-