Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 125

Thread: Ice Teela painting progression-Baena

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior Masamune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,027
    Thanks Baena. I appreciate the link.

    Quote Originally Posted by Divia
    Yeah, its not fair that some fans get all the talent and the rest of us can't even draw stick figures

    Still, as long as I keep seeing art I dont mind.
    I know what you mean. I can only visualise things in my writing but it's a shame I can never get things drawn down to the level I'd be satisfied with. Oh well that just means I should get a job and get a commission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

    In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

  2. #52
    Vile'a'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    28,972
    Worst Baena art ever.

    Hey, someone had to be negative. The forums wouldn't be the same without negativity.

  3. #53
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,700

    Thanks Val!

    Even uglier than some of the prelim drawings I did for the Vol 2 #2 backcover?
    Woof.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  4. #54
    Vile'a'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    28,972
    Oh man, don't get me started on that cover.

  5. #55
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,700
    So what would you say the best Baena-art has been?
    Hmmmmm?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior woo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena
    So what would you say the best Baena-art has been?
    Hmmmmm?
    I'm sittin' on it!

  7. #57
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,700
    Quote Originally Posted by woo
    I'm sittin' on it!
    Great, now it's all crinkled and smells like Woo Poo.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior woo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena
    Woo Poo.

  9. #59
    Vile'a'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    28,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena
    So what would you say the best Baena-art has been?
    Hmmmmm?
    Hmmm...
    Good question.
    Each piece improves, actually. It's kind of frightening as you haven't hit a wall yet.

    For me?
    I think that Hordak Separation spell piece is nice.
    But the woman Sir Reilly has as an avatar is very nice and probably my favorite.

  10. #60
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,700
    You're too kind Val.

    Okay, back to the mean side of you! Which one is THE WORST!
    It really can't be this Teela one can it?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  11. #61
    Mistress of the Whip! Divia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    19,709
    Hmm since we are listing favs how about the green gooddess for me...but that could change
    Obey the whip!

    Smile like you mean it.

  12. #62
    MOTU Mini-Masters! Sllohcin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Camden East, Canada
    Posts
    3,332
    Well... I gots me a couple (of course) but I just recently saw a He-Man/Faker pic and I must say, the colouring of the characters is superb! Other than that one, it's probably the V3 - I1 he-man.org exclusive. Love it!
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

    My DeviantART

  13. #63
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin
    Well... I gots me a couple (of course) but I just recently saw a He-Man/Faker pic and I must say, the colouring of the characters is superb! Other than that one, it's probably the V3 - I1 he-man.org exclusive. Love it!
    Did you see the Green Goddess one I did around the same time?
    What didjya think of that one?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior woo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin
    Well... I gots me a couple (of course) but I just recently saw a He-Man/Faker pic and I must say, the colouring of the characters is superb! Other than that one, it's probably the V3 - I1 he-man.org exclusive. Love it!
    Baena...

    You did a He-Man/Faker pic!!??? Have a link to it??? I'd love to see it. As you know, I think Faker kicks ass.

  15. #65
    Mistress of the Whip! Divia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    19,709
    Yeah how come I didnt see the faker pic.
    Hello prez of the fanclub gets to see all pics!
    Obey the whip!

    Smile like you mean it.

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior woo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia
    Yeah how come I didnt see the faker pic.
    Hello prez of the fanclub gets to see all pics!
    Hey! Who appointed you prez Div!??


  17. #67
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,700
    Quote Originally Posted by woo
    Hey! Who appointed you prez Div!??
    I did.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  18. #68
    it means "red head" roykop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    950
    It is REALLY hard to pic a fav.

    As mentioned before, I too love the Green Goddess and Hordak/Seperation paining (both versions).

    However, I have to say that I have also ALWAYS loved the Savage Battlecat. It is definitely up there on my fav Baena pics of all time.
    Proud member of the Arizona MAZTERS since 2003

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior wilee4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,267
    i don't think nate's best work is posted here anyplace

    .
    .
    HEROVERSE IS COMING...
    .
    .


    Lionheart avatar by Baena

  20. #70
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,700
    Quote Originally Posted by wilee4
    i don't think nate's best work is posted here anyplace
    Hmmmm, I think you're right.
    In fact I don't think it's on the net anywhere.
    Last edited by Baena; February 3, 2005 at 10:18pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  21. #71
    Accept No Substi-boot Teela's Boot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena
    Which one is THE WORST!
    Your Panthor for that forum trading card set.

    What?! He asked!

    I was about to go into a diabetic coma from all the sugar around here.

    EDIT: Added a little laughin'-his-butt-off He-Man smilie to the end of that last sentence lest any of you think it was meant to be a real live complaint. I'm just havin' fun.

    That Panthor piece is totally phoned in, though.

    WHAT?!! HE ASKED!!!
    Last edited by Teela's Boot; February 3, 2005 at 10:37pm. Reason: Addition

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior wilee4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Teela's Boot
    Your Panthor for that forum trading card set.

    i'm unfamiliar with said piece - where's it at?


    Quote Originally Posted by Baena
    Hmmmm, I think you're right.
    In fact I don't think it's on the net anywhere.

    that's right - it's in production still

    .
    .
    HEROVERSE IS COMING...
    .
    .


    Lionheart avatar by Baena

  23. #73
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,700
    TB's right.
    I just clicked the paint a cool cat filter. And then colorized it purple.
    So it was kinda like phoning it in...

    WHAT??? I ASK.



    No seriously folks, let's talk about the pieces I've done that you HATE!
    I could give you my list.

    But then what purpose would that serve? Hmmm, what purpose does this serve? Hmmm.

    I appreciate the ego boosts. But this has flown waaaay off topic, and I'm definately guilty of draggin' it out.

    Really this thread is just me showin' how I paint. Take it or leave it, try it and see if it works for you. I guess it doesn't work much for me... time to try somethin' new.
    Last edited by Baena; February 3, 2005 at 11:59pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  24. #74
    Accept No Substi-boot Teela's Boot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena
    I just clicked the paint a cool cat filter. And then colorized it purple.
    I KNEW IT!

    Now where can I get that filter?

  25. #75
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,242
    I hate them all!!!!!! (cos they're all so damn good!)

    But seriously.... the worst is probably that first bulky She-Ra you did or the King Grayskull pic.

    The Best has got to be the Green Goddess pic.

    Hey! When did this turn into a Beana appreciation thread!?
    just kidding Big B.

    Keep churning them out please!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •